Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Funiku Inosensu ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author Notes: This has to be the hardest story to write. Why? Because the mood required to write it is not one I fall into often. In fact if I hadn't written this for D-chan imouto I'd probably have quit this by now. Anyway, I'm not sure how this is going to turn out… To be honest I don't even have this planned at all. So be sure to ask plenty of questions in your reviews so I can work towards keeping plot holes to a minimum. *bows* arigato minna.

Another thank you to D-imouto for beta-reading this for me. Arigato, imouto-chan! Couldn't have been inspired without you!

Chapter Two:

The lingering aroma that wafted in the air was almost enough to drive the bunny nuts. Her nose twitched and she was unaware she was whimpering until the sound reverberated through the cage. With a faint pout she collapsed onto the mattress and stared blankly at the path her captor had taken. From both his reactions and manners, she doubted he routinely brought back people he had found in alleyways. Her stomach rumbled again and she closed her eyes in faint pain.

A faint scuffing of a boot pulled her attention away from the floor and her head lifted as she eyed the strange boy. Traces of red were smeared on his chin, but her attention was solely on the odd chalice-like cup he was bearing. She felt a shudder course through her as he shoved the drink into her hands. He didn't speak but she knew he was demanding she drink the unidentified substance. She took a deep breath before gulping the liquid down.

It was only seconds before she started to choke and realize what she was doing. She threw the golden goblet to the ground and held her burning throat. "Monster," she sneered as the red liquid steadily stole across her floor.

His eyes narrowed for a second and she could easily tell he wasn't pleased. In fact she wouldn't doubt if he was regretting his decision to bring her along. "If you won't drink, than die," he finally uttered in a deadly sort of calm, as he gracefully turned on his heel and exited once again.

Usagi watched him go her eyes filling with tears of outrage. Why had she allowed this to happen? Now, because of her poor judgment, she had caused her greatest source of power to wither, and yes, soon it would die. How would the others react to the news that she had lost the ginzuishou because of her curiosity?

She shuddered as she realized she had just seconds before been sipping blood. It didn't seem right. How could she do such a thing? A thought occurred to her and her eyes narrowed as she mulled it over. That scream she had heard… Had he killed someone else while she had been stuck in the cage?

Slowly, a sense of rage begin to stir within her. She couldn't just sit back and let this demon harm innocent people any longer. She'd protect them, ginzuishou or no.

Her act of rebellion was frozen in place as he returned with an odd shaped lump swaddled in clothes. She tried to get a good look, but it was nearly impossible with the faintly amused vampire keeping whatever it was slightly out of her vision.

A whimper escaped the burlap like material and Usagi's eyes widened. She ignored the pain that coursed through her as she threw herself at the bars and attempted to get out of her cage. She couldn't allow this to go on in front of her! With an animal like growl she braced herself and launched herself at the cage door.

A second later Usagi nearly tripped as she tumbled out of the now harmless and unlocked prison. She tried to slow her momentum but only managed to get tangled up and fall heavily to the ground with a painful wince. She snarled and wasn't aware that her new canine-like editions had decided to make another appearance.

"Usagi?" A frightened figure had managed to peel all of the heavy cloths away and stared numb at the girl. A shiver ran through him as he noticed the sharpened teeth. This couldn't be happening. "Usagi?" he whispered again as he sensed the first vampire frowning at him.

"Shingo…" Instantly tears appeared once more in her eyes and she quickly turned her face away as she hid it with her hands, "Don't look!" she demanded. Why was her little brother there? Was the demon planning to devour him like he had that first boy?

Shingo was shaken. Usagi had been missing all day but he had never imagined she had been kidnapped. There was no other way his sister would have followed the weird stranger. He winced as he felt a cold hand gripping his wrist. "Let go," he demanded as he tugged to break free. "You killed Mika…Let go!" Outrage glistened in his jade green eyes as he struggled to break free.

Startled, Usagi turned around. "Mika?" She whispered her eyes involuntarily falling to the golden chalice on the ground. No… She couldn't have, could she? "That scream… That was Mika?" She glanced at the ever silent figure for confirmation. "How could you?" Her gaze flickered to Shingo and she winced. "Shingo…"

Hiead kept his hold on the boy as he frowned in concentration. So the brat that had stalked him back here was her brother? Slowly he tilted his head to the side as he studied the scowling boy. He was almost a copy of 'him.' He frowned at the thought and tightened his grip, not even caring when his captive gasped in pain as his bones creaked in protest.

Usagi quickly took notice of her gasping brother, and striding to the in-thought vampire, she pushed him as hard as she could. Her plan worked, but not like she had hoped. Instead of Shingo being caught in the monster's grip, she now was. "Let Shingo go," she demanded not caring about anything else but the safety of her brother. She might not be able to transform anymore, but she would protect her family, no matter the cost.

If he was surprised he didn't show it. "No." A malicious smile gradually came to his lips and he tilted his head towards the fuming boy. "You wasted his love's sacrifice, afterall."

Fright flashed in Usagi's eyes before she got control of herself. She took a deep steadying breath and glanced at Shingo. Her heart almost failed her as she saw the horror and hatred light up his eyes. He blamed her? "Shingo…"

The boy shook his head as he took a step backwards. He hadn't noticed the odd cup before, but now that he had he knew all too well what the red liquid staining the ground was. He felt his stomach began to recoil at the sight and he quickly tore his gaze away.

The cup had been in the cage Usagi had occupied. Her cage, her cup. There could be no other explanation. She was drinking… He barely forced the bile rising in the back of his throat down. "Where's Mika's body?" The fight had left him as he realized the truth. His eyes avoided his sister's as he faced the creature that had brought so much trouble to the world. "Well? You're going to pay for killing her. Sailormoon won't stand for demons like you in Juuban. She's never let me down, she'll find and stop you."

Usagi felt a tear slip down her cheek and hurriedly dashed it away. Shingo didn't know, how could he? Why would he know she was Sailormoon? Why would he ever believe his ditz of a sister was really the heroine he believed in more than anything else? "Shingo…" She fought the moan that threatened to escape as the boy turned his back on her. He would never forgive her, how could he? Had she not been part of his love's death? "Gomen, Shingo…"

For a moment it seemed that he would turn towards her. Instead, he merely glared darkly at Hiead. "Give me her body," he demanded. He could feel the pent-up tears searching for release but with human effort managed to keep them at bay. To the shock of everyone, Hiead nodded. He flashed a superior smirk at Usagi that sent chills down her spine as he led her younger brother away.

Usagi didn't trust him. She picked up the all-but-dead Ginzuishou and almost smiled when it reacted with a soft silver glow. Maybe she could count on it one last time to save him. Filled with determination, she tightened her grip on the gem until she could feel it cutting into her skin, and cautiously followed the two.

Hiead wasn't fooled. He was well aware that the new vampire was following. She wasn't good at being stealthy. He lead the boy to the remains of his beloved and watched grief appear. He would let this one go, only to drag the girl off guard. The odd gem she held was capable of much, that he was certain of. Perhaps it could grant his wish? The thought almost brought happiness to him but he banished it with a mental and outward scowl. He wasn't going to give in to emotions such as hope. He'd only believe it if it managed to happen.

Shingo gently placed a kiss on Mika's chilly brow. He noticed Usagi appear in the doorway but ignored her as he shoved her aside. He had arrangements to make. As the door to safety mysteriously opened he didn't give it any heed as he stepped through. For a second he made contact with his sister's eyes, but quickly dropped it and took the final step outside. He didn't even wait until the door shut behind him before he let lease to his tears.

Usagi whirled on Hiead her eyes narrowed in outrage and loathing. "How could you… Monster!" Even as she started her sentence she felt her words die out and she stared at him, still hating, but with an unusual emotion starting to course through her veins.

Hiead watched with disinterested eyes as the girl raved. As he noticed her trail off he hid a smirk. He knew that his gaze wasn't a normal one. The girl would seriously pay for depriving him of a meal. Tonight she would be put to a test, if she managed to overcome it, he'd allow her to stay for a bit longer until he found out how to use her odd gem. If not, he'd kill her.

Usagi barely managed to tear herself away from the hypnotizing gaze and stared at the ground. He was dangerous, she knew that, she understood that… So why did she keep falling under his bewitching spell? She berated herself beneath her breath before she realized he was watching her with a half-hooded look as he contemplated over something.

Usagi stood to her full height and managed to glare at him as she summoned up courage that was merely for show as she shook her head. "I don't know what you're planning, but leave me out of it. I'm leaving, I'm not staying here any longer."

She would have left too, but she had forgotten the device around her neck. One moment she was striding towards the door, and the next she was on the ground, writhing in pain. She knew he was above her, watching silently, his face emotionless as she gasped for air.

"No," he commented as he stood above her. He wasn't going to let her go yet, he wasn't finished. "Get up." He watched her eyes fill with tears of humiliation and terror and took a step backwards to allow her to gain her feet. No, she wasn't going to leave anytime soon. He had too many plans to fulfill for her to merely walk away.

The blonde managed to get to her feet and glanced away. Why had she went into that alleyway? Why hadn't she just gotten a ride home from Mamoru? She winced at the thought and unbidden tears came to her eyes. Her Mamo-chan, how had the thought of him slipped from her mind? She had been so concerned with herself… Was he worried about her?

Hiead seemed to notice the sudden change of mood and his lips thinned in disapproval. "We're going." He watched as she came back to reality with a jolt and stared at him. This would fully test her. He wasn't going to just let anyone live in his den, afterall. Maybe she was… He shook the thought away. It was impossible.

Usagi noticed her captors mood wavering and slowly took a step away. Perhaps she could use the distraction to her advantage? Mamoru's apartment couldn't be too far away… Not if Shingo had showed up. She started to take another step when an arm lashed out like a snake and caught her elbow. She gasped in pain and was roughly dragged through a different set of doors than Shingo had left by. Where was she being taken, now?

Frightened eyes tried to decipher his mood but she realized that was nearly impossible. The guy didn't seem to show any emotions besides an occasional smirk here and there. She whimpered as she was pushed outside into a pool of moonlight. Her eyes, which were adjusted to the pitch black of the mansion, struggled to adjust and she hid her face with one hand.

Hiead was not amused. Using his grip he managed to shake Usagi's hold loose and forced her to look around. He watched carefully as her eyes widened first in shock, then in horror as she stared around the field.

Gravestones, she had never seen so many, not even in a cemetery! They seemed to stretch for miles no matter what direction she looked. She cast a wary glance at him as he let go of her arm. She cautiously took a step forward to get a better look and felt repulsion sinking in. Was this what he did to his victims? Or was this part of a vampire graveyard?

He felt her questioning eyes turn to him and was vaguely amused. Did she really think he would divulge a single secret to someone that was little more than a pet, at this point? His fingers deftly worked at the buttons holding his cape, and he shoved the garment off. He didn't want to damage it afterall.

Usagi eyed him warily as she realized he had taken off his cape. What was he planning? She felt a faint stab of pain where the Ginzuishou had rubbed her skin raw, and glanced down at the gem that had remained in her clutches for so long. That one second of in-attentiveness was enough for Hiead. While the girl was distracted, he attacked.

As Usagi scrambled out of the way she was dimly thankful to her years as a heroine. With that sort of experience she was able to keep a slim amount of distance between herself and the suddenly insane vampire. Maybe running around in high heeled boots and mini skirts was training enough when it came to learning how to dodge? Thankfully, she had the presence of mind to tuck the gem away as she dodged. She didn't want to lose it, the last thing she needed was a lecture from Luna.

Hiead studied the girl as she collapsed panting on a gravestone. She was somewhat capable of defense. It what he thought was true it was possible that she could be the one he was looking for. He paused in his advances and stooped to pick up his cape. "This is a training ground."

Usagi, who was on the ground and holding her sides by this point, glanced up at his words. "Training?" Why would he be training her? And why would anyone train here? It seemed too likely that someone could trip and knock themselves out on one of the slabs. Not exactly a place where she imagined normal people would train.

Rose-colored eyes studied the awed girl for a moment. It was obvious from her state of exhaustion that she would need to feed soon. He wasn't about to give her any of his blood, nor would he share a victim as he had with the girl. She was strong enough to get her own by this point. "Follow me," it was a short order and one he well expected to be followed.

She seriously thought about disobeying as she tried to catch her breath. Why was she so worn out? Yes, he was fast, he had nearly caught her several times in a row, and she had the sneaking suspicion he had held back. So why did she feel so sapped and tired? She noticed the glint of impatience shimmering in his eyes and somehow found the strength to get to her feet. She didn't have a choice but to follow him. "Where are we going, anyway?"

He paused to glance at her as he finished reattaching his cape. "Us?" He frowned at the notion and slightly shook his head. "No, you." As he noticed her still confused expression he felt his patience almost to the breaking point. She really could be who he was searching for, only a few others had gotten him to this level of frustration. "You," he repeated, "are going on your first hunt."

She knew he was watching her, his eyes filling with amusement as hers filled with shock and terror. He wasn't actually suggesting she hunt down and kill like he had, was he? Her body began to shake like a leaf at the thought of doing such a thing. She started to open her mouth and object in no uncertain terms that she refused when she noticed his lips curving.

Could she really let a monster like this go? No, if she was going to have to do this, then she was going to make sure he was finished off. She was going to go to the one person she knew could help her, no matter what. It was time to visit Rei, and pray that the other girl would be able to protect herself in case he attacked.