Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Ice on Fire ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sailor Moon: Ice on Fire

Part Three



The lights were dim in the cozy living room, only illuminated by a lamp standing by the couch. Two figures cuddle there, as soft music played in the background. Suddenly, Haruka jerked back from kissing Michiru, disturbed by frantic knocking on the door. She angrily stalked over, whipped the door open, and saw a very dazed looking Ami stood there. "I, Rei and I, we're going on a date, I don't know what to do, or dress or..." Ami rambled on.

Haruka sighed and led the shaken girl in, bringing up the lights as she went. "Michiru, could you make one of your specials?" Haruka asked as she sat Ami down on the couch.

A very amused Michiru said "I'll make it a double.", and walked over to the bar. After a bit of measuring, pouring and mixing, Michiru brought over an oddly colored drink. "Drink it all down," Michiru encouraged Ami with a smile.

Ami looked at the drink dubiously, then drank. It went down smooth, but then her eyes widened, she broke out in a cold sweat and wheezed loudly for a minute or so. Haruka nodded, satisfied. "Now that the medicine has set in, tell us what's wrong."

"After you left," Ami croaked out, "Rei and I got to talking. She wants to go out on a date with me!"

"Has she said how she feels about you?" Michiru asked, jumping in worriedly.

"She's not sure," Ami quietly admitted in a more normal tone of voice. Haruka violently rolled her eyes, getting a glare from Michiru. "What?" Ami asked.

"Watch your heart, my friend," Haruka said simply. "Ask around the bar sometime, and you'll learn that experimenting straight girls are the worst."

"So you think she's just playing?" Ami asked. Haruka shrugged. Ami turned to Michiru, who smiled warmly.

"I don't think so," Michiru said. "Rei's not that sort of person. But she may hurt you without intending to." she added.

"Wait a minute," Haruka asked, "you said you're going on a date? When? Where?"

"Tonight, and I told her I'm taking her to The Rose." Ami answered worriedly.

Haruka nodded like an approving father. "Good pick. A high class place, but the girls on the staff won't throw you out if they catch two girls necking in the corner." Ami blushed at that. "I'll lend you a suit," Haruka said smiling at her.

She and Michiru dragged her into the bedroom, and after a bit of fishing around, Haruka pulled out a crisp, ice blue suit. "The color never suited me," Haruka commented as she held it up against Ami. After taking a few measurements, Haruka smiled satisfied. "Come by about five, and we'll dress you up."

Michiru walked Ami to the door. "I saw the price tag," Ami commented softly. "It's new, isn't it?" Ami asked. Michiru laughed quietly.

"Do you think she'd admit she bought you the suit ?" Michiru commented. "She's too butch for that." she said, amused.



Minako lay on top her bed wearing a goofy smile and nothing else. "Bones," she said, and sighed softly. The girl had only left an hour ago, explaining she had to get some sleep before her shift tonight. Minako was just thankful her parents hadn't quite put together the idea that two girls sleeping together in one bed could be bad idea.

She got up to the sound of a soft knocking, pulling on her shorts and a T-shirt. She smiled happily as she opened the door and saw Rei. "So how was your night?" Minako asked teasingly.

Rei rolled her eyes. "Not as good as yours, I see." Rei said dryly, looking over the sleepy figure and the rumpled bed.

"Don't knock it until you've tried the door, I always say." Minako answered cheerfully. Rei groaned softly.

"That didn't even make sense," she complained as the smiling Minako led her in. "I need your help with something."

"First you insult my quotes, now you want my help?" Minako pouted cutely.

"Hey, you owe me for giving your parents that fake excuse a month ago!" Rei protested loudly. Minako got a dreamy look on her face, murmuring a young man's name. Rei sighed wearily. "Anyway, I just need to borrow a dress." Rei said quietly.

"Oh, ho!" Minako said happily. "You got asked out at the bar last night! Who's the lucky girl?" Minako asked eagerly.

"Ami, if you must know." Rei answered, and blushed brightly. Minako just grinned at her happily.

"So what do you need?" Minako asked her. Rei only shrugged helplessly. "Is it formal dining, or informal?" Minako elaborated.

"Formal, I think?" Rei made the answer a question. "Ami said the restaurant was called The Rose." Rei finished.

"That would be formal," Minako nodded, turned to her closet and began to search. "Ah ha!" she cried, and pulled out a sexy scarlet dress. "Try it on." she urged Rei. Rei stripped off her pants and top under Minako's appreciative gaze, and slipped on the red dress. "It brings out your eyes." Minako said, satisfied.

Rei looked in the mirror, and slowly smiled as she looked at the hourglass figure in sinful, slinky red that was reflected before her. "I'll take it," Rei said.



Ami waited by the shrine gate nervously, where she and Rei had arranged to meet. The crisply ironed blue suit fit her like a glove, hugging her curves and making it clear there was a woman inside. `A woman,' Ami thought. `I wonder when I started to think of myself that way?' Her train of thought was suddenly derailed as Rei gracefully walked into her line of sight. The red dress hugged Rei from just above her bust to just below her knees, but left very little to Ami's imagination.

"Wow," Ami said quietly, feeling her pulse begin to race. She saw a flash of white as Rei gave her a satisfied smile. She stepped up beside Rei and offered her arm like a gentleman. "It's times like this I'm glad I'm a Sailor Senshi," Ami said to Rei teasingly.

Rei raised her eyebrow as she took Ami's arm. "Why is that?" she asked innocently as they walked together down the shrine steps.

"In that dress, I may have to fight off an army to have you to myself," a smiling Ami answered. Rei blushed, and smiled back at her.

"Thank you," Rei said quietly, and kissed Ami gently on the cheek.

A short cab ride later, Ami helped Rei out of the cab. She took her arm again and led her into the restaurant. It may have been a western style building, but Rei smiled a bit in relief as she saw the variety of dishes being served, as well as the size of the line to be seated. Ami confidently led her to the front of the line and smiled to the pretty hostess waiting there. Who, Rei noticed, with a surprising flare of jealousy, perked right up and smiled very warmly back.

"Table for two, reserved under Mizuno," Ami said with a confident smile. The girl checked her book, nodded and led them to a secluded corner table. Lit by nearby lamps, it was shadowed enough for privacy. She passed them each a menu, filled two glasses of water, then paused a moment.

"If you need anything," she said with special emphasis, smiling with a great deal of warmth at Ami, "just call, OK?" She smiled sweetly again and walked off.

Rei looked over to the slightly dumbfounded Ami and smiled, chuckled, then began to softly laugh. "Did she just make a pass at you?" a smiling Rei asked quietly.

"Sorry," Ami said, blushing. She busied herself with the menu a moment, trying to recover her composure.

"It's all right," Rei said gently, putting her hand on Ami's. "When I saw you in that suit, I was more than a bit tempted myself." Rei blushed a bit at admitting that.

Ami laughed softly. "Don't get me started on that dress. If I went with my first impulse, we wouldn't be here right now," she said with a smile.

They both shared a laugh, and Rei felt the tension she had been feeling fade a bit. She thought back a moment to when she had slowed her walk towards that handsome figure in blue waiting by the shrine gate. Her eyes had moved up the slim, tailored form until she saw Ami's slightly surprised face. Rei blushed a bit, realizing that at that moment she had wanted Ami, and if she was honest with herself, she had wanted her a lot.

They talked casually throughout the meal, but Ami and Rei found themselves more and more drawn into the other's intense gaze. Ami was charming and gentlemanly to Rei, and Rei found herself responding as if she was dating a handsome boy. But Rei hadn't ever dated a boy as kind and warm as Ami was. Their hands would brush occasionally across the small table, and each time Rei would feel her breath catch in her throat. I don't know if I can take this much longer, Rei thought.

"Rei," Ami asked quietly, "have you ever considered dating a girl before?" Ami looked searchingly into Rei's eyes.

"Does Haruka count?" Rei asked with a grin. She and Ami shared a laugh at that. "I've had crushes before," Rei admitted, "and it hasn't helped that my times with boys have mostly just fallen flat. Chad never felt like anything more than a friend to me, and Mamoru, well, I think I always knew that was doomed." Rei smiled a sad, wistful smile.

Ami put her hand comfortingly on Rei's. "I never found that spark with a boy either," Ami said softly. "So," she asked, smiling warmly, "who was your crush?"

Rei blushed a bit. "Usagi, actually."

Ami's hand tightened on hers, and she began to laugh. "Join the club. I'm sure all the Senshi are half in love with her." Ami looked up into Rei's eyes, the laughter dying away. Her sapphire blue eyes seemed to darken as she gazed at Rei.

"Ami?" Rei asked, her eyes locked with Ami's.

Ami leaned slowly across the table, and said "I'm sorry, but I've wanted to do this all night." Her lips softly touched Rei's, then she drew back.

Rei opened her eyes, looking up at Ami. "So have I," Rei admitted, and pulled her into another kiss. They kissed for a few moments, then pulled back.

"Was the spark there?" Ami asked Rei in a slightly husky tone.

"Oh, yeah," Rei said with a smile. "Ami, I think I love you."

"I've loved you forever," Ami said, tears in her eyes. "I think I've had enough dinner, how about you?" Ami asked, giving her a intense gaze.

Rei smiled back at her. "I'm full," she said sexily.

The cab ride home was a blur in Rei's mind. Ami stepped out, walked around the cab, and with a seductive smile helped her out. The walked slowly and steadily up the steps until the passed the shrine gate. Rei led Ami up to her room, and Ami stopped at the door, her hand keeping Rei from opening it.

"Rei, we don't have to do this if you don't want..." Ami started, when Rei grabbed her by the collar and pulled them into an intense kiss. They separated, finally, with a gasp of air.

"If we don't go in there right now," Rei said in dangerous tones, "I swear I'll take you on the hallway floor."

Ami quickly slid the door open and stepped inside. She drew Rei into another lingering kiss, temporarily freeing one hand a moment to slowly and firmly pull the door shut behind them.

The End.