Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Iyari's Story ❯ Moon Star Wedding Surprise ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Selenity sat in her chambers patiently, her eyes red rimmed from lost tears as Jessica brushed her hair. A servant played the lute with a gentle twang, leaving the room as Narcissus dismissed them.

"Usako, Artemis has asked to see you." He took his betrothed's hands in his, kneeling as he looked up at her.

"Let them in." She said tonelessly, as they entered.

Jessica stopped brushing Selenity's hair, curtsying before her grandpapa and placed the wreath of roses upon her sister's hair with delicate pride.

"Selenity, do you know the rules of the Moon Kingdom?" Artemis sat beside her on the smooth couch, admiring her in her wedding dress. He thought of Iyari in a wedding dress before he cleared his mind, hearing a faint yes.

"If a Queen gets married to her betrothed whilst the former King is still alive, his rights of Kingdom become void."

She looked at him plainly, the crystal glittering as it rested in her bosom. Her dress was a pale lilac, fitting her curves perfectly. On her feet, she wore lilac shoes with small heels. He caressed her hair in a fatherly fashion, it reaching her knees as he explained.

"It means that when you marry Narcissus, you become the rulers of the Moon Kingdom."

Narcissus looked at Selenity in shock, seeing a faint worry line quiver on her forehead.

"What will become of you grand papa?"

"I will be leaving with Starius after the wedding."

She bowed her head humbly as Artemis looked at his middle grand daughter. Jessica blushed, her brown tresses now in tight ringlets, complimenting her pink wedding gown. Her feet bared small silver slippers.

"Now my grand daughters, we can't make the grooms wait." Artemis chuckled, motioning for Narcissus to leave as he helped his grand daughters to their feet. He placed a wreath of bluebells upon Jessica's hair with tender pride, offering an arm to each lady.

They took them as the wedding march struck up. He walked through the open doors, leading them, stepping in time.

Starius stared in shock at the blushing brides, sensing Iyari nearby as Artemis released the devout beautiful women. He sat on the front pew, watching, unaware of his love's presence.

Narcissus and Selph looked at their brides with love as Starius began.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the holy matrimony of Narcissus, Selenity, Jessica and Selph."

He intoned to the congregation, keeping his voice smooth as a latecomer arrived. They sat beside Iyari and watched with dutiful attention.

"Do you Selenity take Narcissus as your husband?" He asked the young lady, as they exchanged rings.

"I do."

"Do you Narcissus take Selenity as your wife?" He asked the young man, smiling at his emotional reply.

"I do."

Starius turned to Jessica and Selph.

"Do you Jessica take Selph as your husband?" Jessica slipped a ring onto his left hand, whispering her answer loudly.

"I do."

"Do you Selph take Jessica as your wife?" Selph nodded, giving her the ring onto her left finger.

"I do."

Magicia let out a big sob as Eclipse comforted her.

"I now pronounce you men and wives. You may kiss the brides."

Selenity giggled, kissing Narcissus as Jessica and Selph kissed.

"To be Queen of the Moon Kingdom, you have to prove yourself to Me." Iyari stood in the aisle, dropping her peasant frock as the magic crackled around her.

The congregation gasped, rushing to the edge of the rooms as they guarded each other.

"How dare you interrupt this wedding! Leave now, you are not wanted." Artemis boomed at Iyari, standing in front of his grand daughters.

"Artemis, come with me and they shall be saved." Iyari said in a persuasive tone, completely overwhelmed by the magic of the Crone.

"Iyari, this is not you. You were a beautiful pure woman, with no reason to abuse your power. Come back to me." He stepped towards her, placing one hand upon her skin, groaning in agony at the magic shocking him.

Iyari gasped, tears falling from her eyes once again as she collapsed into his arms.

"I will spend the rest of millennia with you to protect our children, to keep you pure." Artemis held her as he left the chapel.

"Where to, my lady?"

"Home." Iyari mumbled weakly as they disappeared, the white smoke a faint remainder of a great man.

Selenity gripped Narcissus' hand tight as she saw the last of her grand papa. She looked at Jessica with a numb shock as Emily-Beth and Magicia approached them. They hugged them both, calming them.

The latecomer confronted Starius as they threw their hood back. A silver haired man stared at him as he spoke quietly. Starius nodded gruesomely as he transformed them both into twinkly light and floated up towards the stars.

The four Royal women felt a tender caress and a soft voice. "Rule fairly, my dear daughters, for one day we shall meet."

Magicia hustled and bustled the newly wedding couples outside towards the carriages.

"Go and enjoy your honeymoons. Me and Emily-Beth can keep the court under control until you get back." She cried softly, becoming the role of the weeping mother as she saw the carriages trot into the distance.

One headed for Earth. One headed for Peace.