Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Jewel Senshi Saga ❯ Dark Amber - Part 4 ( Chapter 18 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon
Jewel Senshi
By Sakura
Part Twelve: Dark Amber - Part 4

Naru and Raistlin appeared in Sapphire's apartment in a flash of orange light.
"Naru, where are we? Why are you doing this?" he asked her recovering his breath. By now, her true name had no effect on her so she ignored his use of it.
"Because your brother wants you to come back home." She faced him and looked into his violet eyes. "And because I love you."
She kissed him pouring her evil power into him. Raistlin fought as soon as he felt his brother's power enter him. Building up his defenses, he pushed away from her. But she proved to be the stronger one, holding onto him like a vise. Raistlin's defenses were being eaten away by Sapphire's dark power. He tried summoning up an image of Opal soon as she began to caress him. For a while, it seemed to work, but he grew tired and was forced to give into the brainwashed girl.
Once his mental barriers were beaten down, the evil began to attack his mind. He would have screamed out in pain if Naru hadn't been kissing him and caressing him. First his memories of his life on earth were being erased, then the ones of his life in the Silver Millennium. Once all of his previous memories were erased, the spell gave him new ones. Memories of him coming back in time for only one thing: To destroy the senshi and Crystal Tokyo. Memories of him being introduced to Naru by his brother. Of him and Naru together. When the rearranging of his mind was completed, the black moon mark appeared on his forehead. Prince Diamond of Nemesis had returned.
"Welcome back, my lord prince," said Naru releasing him from her grip.
"Naru, my dear, thank you for freeing me from the spell those witches had me under," he said smiling. He took her arm and led her to the couch. "Where is my brother, by the way?" he asked looking around the apartment.
"I'm not quite sure, Diamond-sama. He didn't say where'd he be. He only told me to bring you back here," she said sitting next to him. "But, we can catch up while we're waiting," she said putting her head on his shoulder.
"Hmm. Just what I was thinking Naru-chan," he said kissing her. This time he caressed her pulling the bow out of her hair. The hair fell and covered his hands.
"Not here, my prince," she whispered and led him to the bedroom.

Salem had gone to Naru's apartment to see if Nephrite missed any clues. Making sure Mrs. Baker was still at her store, the black cat snuck into the upstairs apartment. He went straight to Naru's room. Noticing a small wrapped package on the floor, he went up to it and sniffed it.
"I sense trouble here, better check this out," he said tearing the paper to shreds. Beneath the paper was the CD Naru had bought for Nephrite. "I'd better get this to Ami, she'd be able to analyze this disk." he picked up the CD in his mouth and left for Ami's.

Meanwhile, the girls went to Shinjuku to also look for clues.
"Oh wow! There's the ice-cream parlor I went to yesterday! Hey guys wanna get some yummy ice-cream?" said De drooling as soon as they reached the parlor.
"Deana! We're supposed to be looking for clues not stuffing our faces!" said Mara pulling her friend and housemate further down the street.
"Ariel where did you and Naru go after De and Usagi left?" asked Opal.
"Well, I don't know where she went, but I went to one of the clothing stores while she went to look for a present for Nephrite," said the magenta haired girl.
"You left her alone?" said Mara.
"Hey, back off girl. How was I supposed to know some negascum'd kidnap her!" she yelled back.
"You could've at least checked up on her! She could be gods know where going through gods know what torture!"
"Will you guys quit it! Fighting each other's not going to get her back any faster," said De. The other girls stared at her. "Nani? Can't I make sense every once in a while?"
"She's right. Gomen nasai Ariel. I'm just worried about her," Mara apologized. "You know how naive she can be sometimes."
"I'm sorry too, Mara. We're all worried. Still it'd help if we knew where she went."
"I think I know where we should go," said Chang-O, who'd been lounging on De's shoulder.
"What do you mean Chang?" said Opal.
"I met her at a new store nearby yesterday. I didn't follow her in because Salem showed up," explained the silver-white cat.
"Did someone call?" said Salem coming up to the group.
"Konnichi wa, Salem," said Opal.
"Hey Sale, what's that?" said Ariel noticing the cat had a CD in his mouth.
"Don't touch it. It's been filled with nega-energy."
"Where's it from?" asked Mara carefully picking up the CD. "You're right I'm getting some bad vibes from this thing."
"It's from that new store I met Chang and Naru outside of yesterday. I had Ami analyze it. She said if anyone listened to it, they'd have their energy drained."
"Their energy?!" said Ariel. "But both the Dark Kingdom and the this Wiseman guy are gone, so who'd go after energy?"
"Have you forgotten Raistlin's brother's come back to this time?" said Mara.
"No, but what's that do with energy draining CD's?"
"He must be collecting energy so he can take both Naru and Raistlin back to the future with him," said Chang. "Gomen Opal," he said when the opal haired girl's eyes began to shimmer with tears.
"I'm o.k., Chang. Let's go find this store, maybe that's where Sapphire's holding them."
"Good idea O. Lead the way guys," said Mara to the two cats.
The girls followed the two moon cats down the street until they came to Sapphire's store. They noticed the sale was still going on so, they thought they might have a chance to save their friends. Mara and Ariel wanted to barge in, but both cats, De and Opal felt it'd be safer if they'd wait till the store closed.

Sapphire, having tired of waiting for Naru to report back, decided to go check on his apartment above the store and left a droid to watch the store. Fortunately, Naru and Diamond had finished their 'catching up' long ago so, the bed was remade and any evidence of what had occurred between the two had been cleared. Sapphire materialized in the apartment in a flash of deep blue light and noticed the couple on the couch.
"Diamond 'nii-san!" he said rushing over to embrace his brother. "I thought I'd never see you again!"
"I thought the same thing, brother," said the prince hugging his brother.
"Your mark, it's back," said Sapphire noticing the black inverted moon on his brother's forehead.
"Yes, I know. Naru was kind enough to free me from those Sailor Witches," he said placing a hand on her shoulder.
"Naru, how'd you reverse the brainwishing?" Sapphire looked at his lover in surprise.
"I, uh - " she stammered.
"Never mind. It's glad to have you back 'nii-san." he said.
<Phwew. That was a little too close.> she thought praying secretly Sapphire'd never find out about her and his brother.
"It's good to be back. So Sapphire, just what are you doing here, hmm? I thought I told you to stay back on Nemesis."
"Yes. I know, but I had to come back for you and Naru. I guess you know by now that we lost the war against Crystal Tokyo," he said fixing himself a drink.
"Yes. Naru has explained the situation to me. It doesn't matter," he said fixing himself a drink as well.
"Doesn't matter! You're the one who wanted to invade Crystal Tokyo outright! How can you say it doesn't matter!" said Sapphire slamming his glass down on the coffee table, causing the wine to spill on to the table.
"What I think he's trying to say, love, is that what happened in the future doesn't matter since we're here in the past," said Naru placing an arm around him which had a calming effect on him.
"What are you trying to say Naru-chan?" asked Sapphire.
"I think he plans to destroy Crystal Tokyo by taking over the present Tokyo."
"Not exactly Naru. I plan to destroy all the Sailor Senshi and Jewel Senshi thus preventing the force field they built to protect the castle."
"Easier said than done brother. Remember Rubeus?"
Naru looked uneasy. She wanted them to win, but she could not get rid of the strange desire to warn the senshi. She saw herself in a sailor suit fighting along with the other Jewel Senshi and the images quickly faded. <What's goin' on? I should be helping them plan the attacks, but I just don't want to harm the senshi. I remember wearing a sailor fuku. Who am I, really?>
"Naru, darling what's wrong?" said Sapphire noticing she was deep in thought.
"She's probably thinking of a way to destroy the senshi since she knows who they are," said Diamond covering up for her. Earlier she confided in him of the images and feelings she kept getting once he told her of a similar problem.
"Have you found a plan yet, Naru-chan?"
"No my prince, but I think we should deal with a few of the senshi at a time. That way we'd have a lesser risk of us being killed." <Anyway I want to talk to that Moonstone bitch. Find out why she did what she did to me and Diamond-sama.>
"Sounds like a plan to me Naru-chan," said Diamond. "How do you suppose we separate them?"
"How about attacking random areas so far away from each other that it'd take them too long to help each other?" she said. <That way I'd be able to talk to them without you interfering. Gomen, Sapphire.>
"Hmm. Sounds like it'll work. We'll give it a try. Diamond I want you to stay here. Please, listen to me this time, brother. I'll attack the area near Tokyo Tower, Naru you attack Yasukuni Shrine."
"Right," She vanished but not to where Sapphire had told her to go.
"Sapphire, I will not be kept a prisoner by my own brother. I'm going out there to destroy those sailor bitches once and for all."
"Diamond, 'nii-san, please, the last time you rushed into this, you got brainwashed. I don't want to lose you again," he put his hand on Diamond's shoulder. Seeing his brother determined to fight no matter what, Sapphire gave into his brother. "All right 'nii-san. You win. You can attack the local area that way you can teleport back here in case of an emergency."
"I'm not coming back here till all those brats are dead!"
"Just be careful, 'nii-san. Remember the last time?"
Diamond smiled and placed a reassuring hand on his brother's shoulder. "Don't worry, 'touto. I'll stay close by this time, I promise." He vanished and Sapphire did the same heading for Tokyo Tower.

The girls returned to Sapphire's store unaware that he left a droid to guard the store.
"Onyx Beam... FIRE!!" The black beam of energy blasted through the door, knocking it off its hinges.
"You didn't have to do that, you know," said Opal.
"I got us in didn't I?" said Onyx.
"Urasai (shut up) Mara. Let's just get in there and get our friends back," said Garnet.
The Jewel Senshi ran into the dark store hoping to find Naru and Raistlin tied up somewhere inside.
The lights came on and a woman walked out of the shadows. She had no face and was made entirely of crystal.
"Welcome ladies, Can I help you?" she said rather menacingly. She took a step towards them.
"Watch it guys. I don't think she's a salesperson," said Garnet.
Before Onyx could give a retort, one of the droid's hands changed into a razor sharp blade. She lunged at the Jewel Senshi with it and they quickly scattered to get out of the way.
Onyx landed on her rear. While the others landed either their feet or knees. "Shimatta! Itai!" She said rubbing the sore area. "On behalf of the Night Stone, you're going down negabitch! Onyx Beam... FIRE!!" The black beam struck the woman dead center, but was reflected back, like a prism, at the senshi.
They bumped into various display cases and racks trying to dodge Onyx's beam.
"Itai! That's no fair!" said Moonstone as she fell over a case of CD's behind the check out counter.
"What gives? That should've destroyed her," said Onyx.
"Don't worry about that, Onyx. I'll get her." said Garnet. "Garnet Heart... BEAM!!" The same happened to her beam and they scattered trying their best to escape the ricocheting beam of hearts.
"Way to go, Garnet! Sapphire doesn't have to kill us. We're going a great job ourselves," said Onyx bumping yet again into another display rack.
"All right, ice queen, I've had enough!" said Moonstone getting up after another fall. "We want our friends back and we want them back NOW! Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!" She raised her arms above her head and cupped her hands forming a full moon. "Moon star..." she brought her hands down as a pale blue ball of energy formed between her hands. "BURST!!" She thrust her hands out palms facing the droid and a shower of pale blue stars and crescent moons shot out at the woman temporally distracting her.
"Nice trick, sailor girl. Ever think of doing Vegas?" she taunted. Tiny cracks appeared where the stars and moons had stuck her, but otherwise, she was still alive. "Minna, ima (now)!" said Opal seeing the droid had focused her attention on Moonstone.
"All right, babe. It's payback time!" said Onyx. She focused her anger at the droid and prayed that her friends were all right. Feeling stronger than before, she began her attack. "Onyx Star..." she cupped her hands over her mouth forming a megaphone. "SCREAM!!" She shouted into the megaphone. A black star appeared from her hands and a sonic wave made its way toward the crystalline woman. Once it hit, she began to vibrate.
"Whoa! Where'd that come from Mara?" asked Moonstone in awe.
"Same as your new trick I guess," she said.
"Let me try again," said Garnet. "Don't worry, I won't use my beam," she said after they ducked for cover. She too began to feel a new power flowing in her. She focused on Naru and then on Nephrite. She placed her hand over her heart and began to walk up to the droid. She closed her eyes focusing on her friends. "Garnet Love..." she concentrated and purplish-red electricity began to crackle around her hand.
Thinking Garnet might need help, Opal began her attack realizing it was a new power. "Opal Snow..." She put her arm out at her side and an opalescent 'snow ball' formed. "FREEZE!!" she threw the ball at the now very cracked droid.
"SHOCK!!" Garnet, being closest to the droid rushed up to her and touched her back causing the electricity to flow from her hand into the woman. She backed away just as Opal's 'snow ball' hit.
The combined attacks caused the already weakened droid to shatter into millions of crystal shards. Everyone ducked for cover and covered their faces from the flying shrapnel.
Unseen a figure appeared from the storage area and smiled watching the senshi destroy one of her lover's toys. She quickly blasted the shards flying towards her.
<They're good. I'll give 'em that.> the figure thought as she waited for the senshi to recover from the crystalline hailstorm they created.
Once the shards stopped falling, the Jewel Senshi got to their feet and looked around the semi-demolished store.
"Where do you think he's keeping Naru and Raist?" asked Moonstone.
"Don' know. Probably in the back somewhere," said Onyx.
"O.K. So let's stop yakking and get moving," said Garnet.
"Right we need to find them and fast," said Opal.
"That won't be necessary, Jewel Senshi," said an all too familiar voice. A figure stepped from the shadows of the storage area and came towards them.
"Naru!!!" they shouted in unison.