Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Jewel Senshi Saga ❯ Dark Amber - Part 3 ( Chapter 17 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon
Jewel Senshi
By Sakura
Part Twelve: Dark Amber - Part 3

He woke up screaming her name. He knew something was wrong. Very wrong. He decided to check on Naru. The feeling he was getting had to do with Naru. He quickly put on his clothes and teleported to Naru's apartment.

Nephrite teleported straight to her bedroom. No one was in sight. At first he thought she might be spending the night at one of the girls, but then she'd either tell her mother and do it or be with him. Neither Naru nor her mother had mentioned anything to him, so something was wrong. Looking around he saw their was a slight depression where she had lain on the bed. On her nightstand was the pendant he had given her.
<Naru would never leave this out like this. Something's wrong.> He picked up the pendant and a bone-cold chill went through him. Looking at the pendant, he saw that the stones were losing their luster. Now he knew for certain something had happened to her.
<Help me Nephrite! I'm scared!> came Naru's voice from within the pendant.
"Naru! What happened? Where are you?" he asked.
<I don't know. Help me it's gettin' darker!>
Somehow some of Naru's mind was pulled into the hoshizuishou. He knew the pendant could do that, but only if her mind was under attack or in danger of being destroyed. From the look of the pendant, what ever power had caused Naru to flee into the pendant, was gradually breaking its defenses. If he didn't hurry, she'd be lost to him forever.
"Don't worry love. I'll get the others, we'll find you and free you. I promise." with that, he teleported back to his mansion, carrying the pendant with him.

"What's so important that you had to call us at two in the morning on a school night?" said a very irritated Mara.
"Mara, you know Nephrite would never call us this late unless it was senshi business," said Opal.
"Besides, you're still upset Jed wanted to spend the day with Raye instead of you," said Ariel.
"Hmph!" she said and stuck her tongue out at the magenta haired girl.
"Now if you babies are finished, I'd like to hear what he's got to say," said Salem.
"Hey! Where's Naru? If this is senshi business, shouldn't she be here too?" asked De.
Nephrite looked sad but quickly hid his worry. "That's why I called you. Someone must have tried to take over Naru's mind and succeeded," he said.
"Nani!!" said the girls.
"How do you know this Nephrite?" asked Raistlin.
"Because some of her mind was able to escape into this," he said holding up the pendant.
"She's in that? What the heck is that Neph?" asked De unable to imagine anyone able to hide in a piece of jewerly.
"I wasn't going to tell you this, but it looks like I have to."
"I think you'd better explain what's going on Nephrite. You know I don't like it when people hide things from me," said Mara.
"This is no ordinary pendant. You see the stones I used are from what's left of the Moon Palace. I used them so I'd be able to protect Naru better," he explained.
"Hmph. Some protection," said Mara.
"Mara!" said De.
He ignored the girls and went on. "Also through this pendant, I am able to feel what Naru feels. When I woke up tonight, I felt such fear and pain I almost thought I'd been attacked by a youma in my sleep. I also felt it had something to do with Naru.
"I went to her apartment to check on her and I couldn't find her. Only this," he said fingering the pendant fighting back the tears. "When I picked it up, I heard her calling me for help.
"Whoever has her, is growing stronger. We have to hurry."
"I agree," said Hecate. "If I'm right, we don't have much time."
"Why is that Hecate?" asked De.
"Because Naru will be lost to us forever once the stones have lost their shine. Is that correct, Nephrite?"
"Yes. Whoever it is must be planning to use her against us and destroy us."
"Or you," said Mara. "Call it woman's intuition, but I've got a feeling it's someone who has it in for you."
"Who? Zoisite and I have patched things up, somewhat," he said.
"I'm not saying it's Zoey, but it certainly looks like someone's jealous of you and decided to take Naru by force."
"That would explain why her mind's trapped in your pendant," said Opal.
Raistlin, who'd been listening quitely through all this grew white as a sheet.
"Raist, what's wrong you look as if you've seen a ghost," said De.
"Do you remember what I told you a while back about who I was?" he asked.
"Yes," said Opal.
"You were a prince from the future," said De.
"Whoa, wait a sec. He's from the future?!" said Ariel.
"I'll explain another time," he said. "Right now we have to stop whoever it is and find Naru."
"Right. Who will I stay with when Ariel kicks me out?" said Salem.
"Watch it cat," warned Ariel.
"Go ahead dear. What is it?" said Opal bringing everyone's attention back to Raistlin.
"You remember I told you I was obsessed with Queen Serenity, I mean Usagi." they, except Ariel, nodded. "Well, it sounds like me when I was still Prince Diamond. I tried to hypnotize the queen once, but thank God it didn't work. I've been thinking. Maybe it's someone from my time who's doing this."
"Who could it possibly be. The other senshi beat the crap out of this Wiseman guy, so he's out of the picture," said Mara.
"True, but Usagi failed to mention my brother." Raistlin turned white again when he realized he found out who it was.
"What is it Raist?" said Mara.
"Mara, can you see things when you touch things?" he asked her.
"Sometimes, why?"
"Give her the pendant Nephrite. I have a hunch."
Nephrite gave Mara the pendant and she concentrated on Naru. She closed her eyes and saw-
"I see a man. A young man. He has short black, no dark blue hair. Blue eyes. That's all." She gave the pendant back to Nephrite.
Raistlin went whiter than anyone thought possible. "I knew it. He's come back."
"Who?" they asked.
"Sapphire. My brother."

Sapphire reached out to the other side of his bed and laid his hand on the sleeping girl next to him. Since there was only one bedroom and only one bed, he was forced to have Naru share his bed. Actually neither one seemed to care, in fact she insisted that he sleep on the bed instead of the floor.
He looked at the sleeping Naru. She looked peaceful now, but earlier in the night, she tossed and turned until he calmed her down with his touch and a kiss. A few hairs had come out of her bow and covered her face. He brushed them away and kissed her cheek.
"Time to wake up, my love." he whispered in her ear.
She began to stir and reached for him. He let her embrace him and placed a kiss on her lips. That woke her up. She began to stretch a little.
"Ohayo, Sapphire," she said her voice full of love.
"Good morning, beloved." She embraced him agan and played with his hair. "Gomen, love. But we don't have time for play right now," he said gently pulling away from her. She looked midly disappointed.
"Oh, do we have to work now? Can't it wait, just a little bit longer?" she asked, her voice husky.
"No, Naru. I promise you, once we've done what we came for, you will never have to get out of bed again if don't want to," he said kissing her neck. She blushed, but secretly looked forward to that day. He rose from the bed and began to get dressed.
"Here. I'm sorry, but this is all I have at the moment," he said handing her an dark blue uniform when he had finished dressing. She blushed a little when she saw he was waiting for her. He blushed too then said, "I'll wait in the other room, if you want," and went to the door.
"Thank you." He left the room so she could dress in privacy. He went to kitchen and sought about getting breakfast.
She quickly put the uniform on. It looked exactly like those the Dark Kingdom gemerals wore, except it was dark blue and had black trim. She stared at herself in the mirror. No matter which angle she chose the uniform somehow seemed wrong on her.
<It's strange, I know I've worn uniforms similar to this one, but I just can't shake the feeling that I shouldn't be doing this. Also this uniform seems familiar somehow. It reminds me of someone, though I can't remember who.> she thought fixing her hair. She stared at the reflection noticing her eyes and Black Moon mark.
<I know I was born with this mark, but it doesn't feel right. Also I keep thinking my eyes are a lighter color.> she left the mirror and went to join her prince. "What's happening to me?" she whispered.
"What's wrong Naru-chan?" Sapphire asked when he saw her confused face.
"My lord, I keep getting these feelings that I shouldn't be here with you. It was the same with the nightmares."
"Think nothing of it, Naru. It's just a residual effect of Sailor Moonstone's brainwashing. It'll go away soon." He pulled her close and held her for a few moments. When she seemed to cheer up, he let her go and they began to eat breakfast.
"What is it that we have to do Sapphire? I still can't remember why we came here," she asked between bites.
He smiled at her reassuring her that her memory loss didn't matter. "We have to retrieve my brother, love. He too, fell under Sailor Moonstone's spell."
"That's right! Prince Diamond came here to destroy the senshi, but got side-tracked," she said remembering. A hatred for the senshi welled up inside her and she jumped out of her chair. "Don't worry, my lord prince! I will personally take care of the Jewel Senshi and get his highness back!" she said.
"Let me help, love. You're not ready yet, you still haven't recovered from your de-programming." he said getting up and putting his hands on her shoulders.
"But, my lord, I can handle them. I probably won't even have to deal with all of them. Just that bitch Opal. She's the one who's got your brother."
"All right, but be careful. Any sign of the other senshi, you come straight back. Understand?"
"Hai."
"Good," he kissed her then, she disappeared in an bright orange light.
"Naru-chan, I hope you know what you're doing," he said after she'd vanished. He went down to his store to wait.

After their emergency meeting, the Jewel Senshi had decided that the best way to find Naru and Sapphire was to wait and see if they came to them. Each senshi would keep an constant eye out while the cats would scout the Shinjuku district for clues.
Raistlin lay on the bed completely unaware of the danger he was in. Opal, having an early class had gone down the hall to take a shower. A bright orange light appeared in the room and faded to reveal...
Naru. She was still wearing the uniform Sapphire had given her and the black crescent moon was clearly visible on her forehead. She approached the sleeping prince and looked at him.
"Even asleep, you're handsome," she said admiring him. She gently laid a gloved hand on his chest and felt the muscles. She had long admired Prince Diamond, but couldn't voice her love for him because of her allegiance to Sapphire.
"Sapphire, won't care how I broke the spell once he has his brother back," she said sitting on the bed. She placed her hand on his cheek and kissed him.
"Mmm. That tastes good Opal," he said waking. He opened his eyes to see Naru sitting on the bed next to him. "Naru! What are you doing?!" he said sitting up.
She looked as if she realized who she really was and what it was she had done, but quickly dismissed the thought when he started to leave the bed. "My prince, don't you remember me? It's Naru. Sapphire, your brother sent me to fetch you."
<Naru? Good gods! He brainwashed her into believing she's a citizen of Nemesis! I've got to snap her out of it!> he stood up and placed his hands on her shoulders, drawing her close.
"Naru, listen to me. You're not from Nemesis. You're a Jewel Senshi like the others. You don't love Sapphire. You never did. You love Nephrite. You've got to remember."
"You're wrong. I love Sapphire, very much. But I love you too. I couldn't tell you because he was always with me. But now-" She wrapped her arms around him and kissed him, letting her love pour into him.
"Naru don't do this. It's not right. I don't love you and you don't love me," he said pushing her away. Tears were threatening to fall from her eyes.
"Please, come back to us. Can't you see these witches have you under their spell!" she said, tears falling. "He misses you so much! How can you let him, ME, suffer like this?"
Opal came into the room, wrapped in an aqua colored towel. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped when she saw Naru holding her boyfriend. "Naru! What's going on?!"
"You! You stole Prince Diamond from me! From his brother!" Naru's eyes narrowed, her anger rising.
"Huh? Wait a second, Naru. Calm down, you're not yourself. Let me call the others. We can help you." she said slowly walking toward the jealous girl.
"You're not gonna keep him! Die sailor bitch!" she shot a blast of orange energy at her former friend. The blast knocked her against the hall wall. Staggering to her feet, Opal began walking toward her again.
"Naru, please don't make me hurt you. Let me call the others, let me call Nephrite. You need help."
There was that name again. <Who is this Nephrite guy anyway? Why does he sound so familiar to me?> she thought getting that sense of wrongness again. Meanwhile, Opal had managed to reach the dresser where she kept her ring and communicator.
"That's far enough!" Naru said shooting another blast though it was somewhat weaker than before. Opal was prepared and dodged it with ease.
"Gomen nasai, Naru-chan, but you've forced me to do this," she said putting on her ring.
"Opal don't! Let me talk to her!" said Raistlin.
Opal raised her hand and shouted, "Opal Power, Make Up!" Seconds later she had transformed into Sailor Opal. "I'm sorry love, but talking won't work, you've seen that. We've no other choice but to subdue her this way." <Forgive me Nephrite.> "Opal...." she began her attack.
Naru, knowing when to leave a fight, wrapped her arms around Raistlin and teleported out of the apartment before Opal could finish her attack.
"NOOOOO!! She's taken him! Shimatta!!" she slammed her fist against the dresser. She quickly picked up her communicator and began calling the others.