Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Just keep rockin` ❯ Restaurant ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: Restaurant.
 
 
Serena looked at Darien through the table in the restaurant. The guy was looking at the wine list of the house. He was kinda cute when he was concentrated… Waaaaait just a sec! Serena, you hate the guy, remember? She thought. Yes, but the fact that she hated him didnt stopped her from admiring a guys face! She returned her attention to the menu in her hand. The list of food was a little too exotic for somebody who is used to eat fast food and her mothers home made meals. Finally she decided to choose a weird named pasta and he ordered a thing too weird to be described. The moment of truth was there. She avoided talking to him in the ride to the restaurant by pretending to be asleep, but in here she couldnt remain silent and she couldnt do an act in the middle of the crowded place.
 
Darien knew that the girl was stressed by the fact that she couldnt remain silent anymore. He knew that she was faking in the ride from the concert to the restaurant. She wasnt asleep, he saw her breathe too fast to be asleep. But right here she didnt have a way out, so he was going to get to meet her, wherever she liked it or not.
 
“So, how old are you?” He asked (Hey, the guy had to start to say something! Dont be mad if its lame!)
“Im seventeen, going on eighteen. And you?”
“Im twenty-one. When is your birthday?”
“In two weeks. Finally im gonna be an adult, at least legally!”
“So I guess it makes it legal then”
“What?!”
“The wine, I mean, I ordered wine and I was worried that you were too young to drink.”
“Oh, right. I thought you were talking about something else… you know.”
“What, that if im gonna take my chances with a school girl. Sorry to disappoint ya, but Im not that kinda jerk.”
“No! I mean… nevermind.”
 
He smiled, looking how beautiful she looked when she blushed. Truth to be told, he was enjoying her company, no matter if she was silent or talking. It seemed that things were getting better for him. He promised to himself that he would get her to like him.
 
“Could you take me home, please?”
 
The sound of her voice got him out of his thoughts. It took him sometime to process what she had just said. Why was she wanting to leave?
 
“Am I such a bad host?”
“No, its just that is kinda late and my parents are gonna be worried if I get home late. Besides it was your idea to invite me to dinner, I never asked for it!”
“So now you are gonna say that Im a jerk for inviting you to dinner?”
“Well, maybe you should just think about other peoples preferences before force them to make company to somebody so annoying like you! What, dont you have a one-night stand to find tonight?!”
“So thats what I am to you, right? Like you said, an attention-seeking jerk, who only wants to get laid with one different chick every night?”
“Yeah, thats exactly what I meant! You are just a self-centred person! You think that the world turns around you, when you dont realize that there are other human beings in the world!”
“This may sound weird to you, but I agree with what you just said. Maybe this date was a terrible mistake! Maybe I should have let the security guards in the hotel take care of you! Maybe my biggest mistake was to think that you would be different from all the girls Ive met! Im such a fool to think that this time would be different! So, good night, and good-bye!”
 
Darien got up, took his jacket, threw the money on the table and left the place.
 
Serena just sat there, thinking about what he just said. What did he mean by “this time?” she was feeling guilty, actually. The guy wasnt so self-centred after all. He had helped her in the hotel, right after she yelled at him for no reason. He invited her to dinner and she just insulted him and thought the worst of him. Maybe I should apologize to him. She got up, took her coat and exit the restaurant. When she looked around, all she saw was Malachite standing next to a cab.
 
“So, what happened in there?” He asked.
She looked to the floor, embarrassed.
 
“You dont have to feel ashamed. He shouldnt have yelled at you like that.”
“I dont blame him.”
“Why do you say that?”
“I treated him like crap. Im feeling guilty about it.”
“Dont worry. Im sure you had a reason. He already left, but asked me to make sure you got to you home safely.”
“Oh, thanks. Do you know his cell number? I wish to talk to him, you know, to apologize.”
“I cant. I cant give his private number to every girl he goes out with. Otherwise the phone would never stop ringing.”
“its ok. Please tell him that im sorry for what I said.”
“Ok. Good night”
“Good night.”