Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Past, New Future ❯ Chapter 4: Mercury' s Here ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Lost Past, New Future

Author: Sweetcece

Disclaimer: As I said in the previous chapters, I do not own Sailor Moon or anything in here, but the story.

A/N: Thanks for the reviews. I'm sorry this took so long. I had a lot of Art Studio homework to do. And then I graduate in a couple of months! O_O Scary! Anyways, I know this sounds like a Diamond/Serena fanfic, but it's a Darien/Serena. I just wanted to make Diamond sound kinder than everyone thinks he is. In this next chapter Sailor Mercury will be coming in, and maybe a little Serena/Darien fluff.

Arwen: Thanks for the review. I'll try to update this story as much as possible.

Violet: I'm glad you liked it. I guess you'll just have to read the next chapter to see what comes up next.

Anonymous: Thanks, I'm glad you liked my story. And in this chapter I'll try and squeeze a cute scene between Darien and Serena.

Sailor_Angel: I will keep going! I'm happy you're intrigued, I know I'm doing my job well then.

Lonely Angel: Thanks for your 2 reviews. I know, if Darien wasn't distend to be with Serena, I'd make her be with Diamond. ( Or Seiya, poor Diamond and Seiya, love sick.)

Chapter 4:

"There have been no attacks since Ray came to the group," Serena informed the new scout and the cat in her bag. It was a couple of days after the fight, and they were discussing about the latest news.

"It's because they knew I was coming and ran scared," Ray smirked, while flexing her muscles.

"Yeah sure, they were scared," Serena sarcastically said. "Scared of your face," she added.

"Whatever, Meatball Head. You're just jealous that I can get any guy I want and you can't!" Ray teased, then stuck out her tongue at Serena.

"I CAN too get any guy I want! And stop calling me that! I already get enough from your friend, the Baka."

"Oh," Ray held out the `oh' long, "you mean Darien, your love interest."

"Darien is NOT, I repeat NOT my love interest!" Serena nearly screamed down the Crown.

"Oh Ray, don't get Serena started," Amy came up next to them.

"All right," Ray waved her hand in the air. "So Amy what's up with you? We haven't seen you around lately."

Serena waved toward Greg to show that she wanted a shake, then she turned her attention to her two friends, "yeah Ames, have a set."

Amy sat next to Serena when she scooted over, "okay, but I can't stay too long, I have to study. I go to a night class and it's having this big test soon so I have been study."

"Geez Amy, you study too much. You need to relax more. Like me, I never study," this was Serena's last sentence, before Greg brought her a shake, and she started to drink it.

"Yeah, if she `relaxes' like you, she'll have 32% on all her test, too," Ray put her two sense in. This started with a tongue war between the two. Greg and Amy both had sweat drops.

"Uh, so Amy, did you want anything, before you go?" Greg ignored the two bickering girls, and asked Amy.

"Oh, could I get a Pepsi to go?" she shyly asked.

"Sure, be right back."

While Serena and Ray were bickering, and Amy digging through her bag, they never notice the curious cat looking out of Serena's bag, looking straight at Amy. `She has a strange vibe, it feels evil, but also not. What is this weird feeling?' Luna asked herself.

Serena's and Ray's tongue war ended when they heard Amy drop something out of her bag. Serena was first to grave it and speak, "what's that, Ames?"

"It's nothing," Amy answered, while snatching it back from Serena, "my teacher gave it me this to help me study."

"How is it suppose to help?" Ray asked.

"Well, it's a computer program. It helps you take notes and helps you prepare for a test. A little study ad," she explained.

Serena looked at her, a little confused. She was never really into the whole computer thing. "So, does it help you?"

"I haven't used it yet. I don't think I will, though."

"Why not?"

"Pen and paper are the way I go. I'm just used to it."

"I hear ya, Ames. You don't even need it, anyways. You are really smart," Serena complemented.

"Yeah," Ray agreed, "Meatball Head needs it more than you."

"Hey!"

Amy laughed at the two, but then quieted.

*Flashback*

"Amy, could you wait a minute?"

"Sure, Mr. Anderson." Amy started to gather her things and waited until the rest of the class was out. When everyone was out, she walked up to him, "you wanted to see me?"

"Yes. A bunch of teacher's and I started to make this computer program that helps students study and take notes to improve their tests grades. Even though you probably don't need it, since you're the smartest student I know, I still would like your opinion on it," Mr. Anderson explained.

"Well…" Amy slowly said.

Mr. Anderson interrupted her, "I know the other students look at you for inspiration and I thought if they see you using it, they might us it also."

Amy looked at him, and pondered. With a sigh, she nodded. "Okay, if it'll help the other students."

*End Flashback*

"Well if you're not going to use it, what are you going to do with it?" Ray brought her back.

"I might give it a look," she smiled at the two, "you know, just for fun."

"Studying, fun? Those two words should never be in the same sentence," Serena joked.

"You should try it, Serena. You might like it," Amy defended studying.

"Can you imagine, Meatball Head, studying in this lifetime?" Ray teased.

Serena's eyes started to get big with tears ready to pour out, "Ray! You're so MEAN!" she squealed.

That's when Greg showed up with Amy's Pepsi. "Here Amy. You girls want anything else?"

Serena then perked up, "Oh ya! Another shake please!"

"Me, too," Ray said.

"Well, I better go study for the math test tomorrow," Amy said while gathering her stuff up. A loud squeal came after that.

"Oh! I forgot all about the math test!" Serena's head then made a `thonk' on the table.

Greg smiled, with a sweat drop, and patted her on the back, "you'll be okay, Serena. Why don't you go and study with Amy?"

Serena then sat back up quickly, startling Greg, "that's a great idea! You're so smart, Greg!" She looked at Amy, then at the smiling Greg, "you and Amy are so smart, you guys would make such a cute couple!"

Greg's faced turned the color of a tomato, while Amy turned a slight pink. Serena found out earlier about the little crush Greg had on her smart friend Amy. She couldn't help that last part, she loved to play matchmaker.

"Well-uh-I ah," Amy stuttered while shoving things in her bag, "I better go. Math test, bye." She then quickly left toward the door. Greg also left in a hurry saying something about `Andrew calling him.' Serena then noticed the disk Amy didn't put all the way back into her bag. "Amy! Wait!" Serena yelled at her.

~~~

Darien was in deep thought while walking down the street. He was on his way to the Crown to talk to his best friend, Andrew. He's been having these weird dreams for awhile. At first it was of this princess calling to someone, now it got more detailed.

*Dream*

A young Prince wandered around the outside of a palace. He wore armor and a cape that followed behind him, when he ducked around the corners. His sword was safely tucked on his hip. Going around a corner, he spotted a balcony. He checked around the area, making sure no one would see him.

Hearing footsteps coming from the balcony, he snuck behind a pillar. A young Princess walked out onto the balcony. She slowly made her way to the end. Putting her elbows on the rail, and head in her hands, she sighed while looking at the blue orb in the sky. "Mother's get togethers are so boring," the Princess sighed.

Hearing this, the Prince smiled. He gazed at the beauty. Since it was night time, the Prince could only make out her beautiful sky blue eyes. He chuckled at her.

She quickly stood up and looked around, "My love, is that you?" the heavenly voice said.

Leaving his hiding place, he stood in her view. "Were you expecting someone else, Princess?" he joked, while smiling at her.

"Ed-" her heavenly voice was cut off and replaced by an evil laughter. She disappeared. Before the Prince could do anything, the palace exploded. He heard her scream, but could not see her.

"Princess!" he screamed while looking for her. He saw her, slowly going towards a dark planet. "Princess!" he yelled for her again. She turned to him, tears streaming down her face.

"Please…save…me…"

*Dream ended*

Darien remembered the state he was in when he woke. Sweat dripped down his forehead, and short of breath. `Andrew might be able to help me figure out what that dream meant,' he thought. Then he sighed, `maybe it's nothing and I'm thinking about this too much.'

He then rounded the last corner, destination in sight. When he was only a few feet away from the door, a short, blue haired girl exited out of it. `She seemed to be in a rush', he took notice. He shrugged it off, and reached for the door. To his surprise, it quickly slammed into his face.

"Amy! Wait a second!" Serena yelled, but wasn't answered back for Amy was out of hearing rang. "Dang." She then turned to the `baka' who was rubbing his head. "What's wrong with you? Thinking too hard, again?" She teased.

He was rubbing his cheek, and glared at her, "No! You slammed the door in MY face!"

"Aww," she advanced toward him, until she was right in front of him, "I'm so sorry." Seeing that he still was very mad, she kissed her hand, then playfully tapped it on his sore cheek, "there, I kissed it to make it feel better." She then skipped back into the Crown to sit with Ray.

Darien stood there, a little dumbfounded. He raised a shaky hand to his cheek, a warmth came to his cheeks. Then realizing he was thinking about Meatball Head that way, he shook his head to clear the thought of the jolt Serena gave him. He finally entered the Crown, and his gaze found the happy blond, gulping down probably her fifth shake. A smile grew on his face.

"You know, staring wont get you anywhere," Andrew interrupted his staring.

Darien then jerked his gaze toward the smiling blond buddy of his. "What are you talking about?"

Andrew laughed, "you staring at my cousin. Like I said, staring will not get you anywhere."

Darien pouted. "No I don't."

"Sure you don't," Andrew said in a light voice, while walking back behind the counter. Darien followed him, and sat at his usual stool. Andrew then handed him a root beer float. (A/N: I know he drinks coffee in the series, but remember, he's only 19 here. He'll drink coffee when he's grown up and stays up all night partying. ^_^.) "If you're into her, you'd better hurry up," Andrew told him, while he wiped the counter.

This got Darien's attention. He put down the straw from his float, "I'm not into her, but if I was, what do you mean?"

Andrew shook his head, "what I mean is, Diamond seems like he has an interest in her." At that moment, Diamond entered the scene. As if she sensed him, Serena turned and smiled at him. She waved him over.

While Darien scowled, Andrew laughed. "Are you actually jealous, Dare?" he joked, while putting a hand over his chest, "I thought I'd never see the day when `Mr. All That' would actually get jealous."

"Shut up," Darien said between clenched teeth. He then took a breath, and took another sip out of his float. "I'm NOT jealous," he then looked over at the smiling bleach blond guy, "I just don't trust him."

"Uh hu," Andrew said, a little confused, but shook it off. "Anyways, did you want to talk to me about something, or stalk my cousin?"

Darien glared at Andrew, but then sighed, "Yeah. I had this weird dream…"

~~~

Serena giggled at one of Diamond's jokes. Ray on the other hand, was about to vomit. `I need to get out of here, or I'm going to be sick!' Ray thought. "Ha ha…good one, Diamond. Oh! Look at the time!" Ray looked at her watchless wrist, than started to gather her school bag. Ray, or anyone else, never noticed the black feline getting into her bag, with an object in her mouth. "Sorry Serena, I'll see you later. Bye!" Ray got out of the booth and slung the bag around.

"Okay, Ray. Call me." Serena waved. Now Serena was left alone with Diamond, once again.

`Finally,' Diamond thought. "Hey Serena, do you want to try and catch that movie we missed the other day?"

"Sure, I mean as soon as I get an `okay' from my aunt. That means I'll have to go home first-"

"I'll drive you there," Diamond suggested.

"Sure, thanks," she picked up her school bag, and found it light. She started to look through it.

"Missing something?" Diamond said while standing beside the booth.

"Oh uh, no. Let's go," Serena smiled while putting the bag over her shoulder and standing up. `Luna must have went with Ray. That's a plus for me. No nagging cat tonight!'

Diamond passed by the counter and said a `hello' to Andrew and Darien. Andrew said `hey' back and all Diamond got from Darien was a nod. "Serena, I'll get the car from the parking lot, wait here," Diamond said before exiting out the door.

Serena jumped on Andrew and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Bye Andrew. I probably wont see you till later tonight," she then stood in front of Darien. Leaning in until she was face to face level, she jokily said, "don't run into any doors, on your way home, Dare." She then smiled at him, which caused his face to flush a little. She was going to get up and walk outside to wait for Diamond, but then a small kid ran and bump into her. The klutz she is, she feel over.

Darien caught the klutz, and pulled her up toward him. Her back was against his hard chest, which Serena didn't notice until now. Her face flushed at the thought of seeing that hard body of his. She was sitting on his lap. They stayed like that, until Darien finally broke the silence, "you okay, Serena?" She then turned, in his lap, where she was facing him. She had a shocked look on her face. "What?" he asked.

"You never called me by my name, before," she said in a shy voice.

He smiled at her shock. He was about to say something, but then a honk brought them out of their world. Serena shot out of his lap with a deeper blush, "well that must be Diamond. Umm… I'll see you guys later. Bye," She then sprinted out the door.

~~~

Ray and Luna were looking at the `study disk.' "So you think it's something bad?" Ray asked Luna.

"I just feel this weird energy coming from it."

"Like Nega Moon energy?" Ray finished Luna's thought.

Luna nodded. "And then I felt weird energy coming from Amy, but I don't know if it's Nega Moon or not. She just has some strong energy coming from her."

"I know what you mean, I felt it too," Ray agreed. "Let's give this disk a run." Ray put the disk in the computer that was in her room. At first the screen was blank. "Okay…is something suppose to-" but before Ray could finish, the screen flashed.

Luna looked away. After the light died, Luna looked at Ray. Ray was staring at the screen, as if in a trance. She also looked a little paler, as if some of her energy was taken. "Ray…RAY! Reeow!" Luna scratched Ray.

"AHHH!" Ray screamed while holding her clawed face. "What did you do that for?!"

"Turn off the computer!" Luna yelled. Ray listen, and turned it off. "I think we need to go pay a visit to Amy." Ray nodded in agreement.

~~~

Amy was in her night class, and was scribbling down notes on her notepad. `I must have forgotten it with Serena and Ray. All well, I'll pick it up later,' Amy thought.

"Amy, why don't you study with your new study disk? Everyone else is," Mr. Anderson said behind her.

"Well, I accidentally forgot it, so I'm just going to do it the old fashion way." Before she knew it, her pad and pen were tossed on the floor. She looked up at him, "What-" He then transformed into some sort of creature.

"Now Amy, you will study the way everyone else is. See everyone else is being good," she looked around and saw that all the students were lying against there computers, and looked as if their life force was sucked out of them. "Now," he graved her head, and put it up to the screen, "give the Nega Moon your energy!"

~~~

Ray and Luna just got there, and saw what happened, "Ray! You must help her, and hold off that Nega Moon creature until Sailor Moon gets here. Can you do that?"

"No problem," she took out the transforming stick, "Mars Planet Power!"

Luna then ran out of the school, toward the movie, theater. (A/N: I don't know how Luna knows exactly where Serena is all the time, but she just does.)

~~~

Serena was seated to the right of Diamond, watching the newest movie. Serna gazed over at Diamond, and then turned away quickly, with a blush. For he was staring at her the whole time. When Serena turned and looked down, she saw a black cat, with a crescent moon on her forehead. She jumped a little. Luna motioned for her to meet her outside.

"Is everything okay?" Diamond asked her.

She smiled at him and laughed, "yeah, I-uh just need to use the ladies room. Do you mind?"

"No, don't be too long. You don't want to miss the movie," Diamond smiled the last part.

"I wont," she smiled. `Yeah, I don't want to miss the movie, but I know I will,' she finished the rest in her head. She walked out of the theater and meet Luna in the back. "This better be good!" Serena said with a tone.

"Nega Monster, at Amy's night school. Sailor Moon needed," Luna finished as fast as she could.

Serena reached for her brooch, "There goes another date ruined, all well." She then lifted her hand in the air, "Moon Prism Power!"

~~~

When Sailor Mars got into the fight, it ended up outside. Amy was thrown to the ground, and Mars was trying to paralyze it, but it didn't work. "Okay then try this…" Sailor Mars put her hands together, with her two pointed fingers out. "Mars Fire…Ignite!" she pointed her fingers at him, and fire shot out. Fire surrounded the centaur creature. "Take that!" Sailor Mars danced in victory. She stopped when she heard laughing.

The flames then disappeared, and there stood the centaur, scorch less. "I'm immune to fire attacks. Do you want to try it again, or shall I take your energy?" he laughed out.

`Oh no, what do I do?' Sailor Mars thought, while looking around.

Amy then looked with blurry eyes, "Must help…her…" a blue light then came from the girl, and fogged formed around the area.

"What is this?" the centaur creature started to panic.

"I don't know, but it gave me enough time to get here," the centaur looked at the area where the voice came from. Sailor Moon then came, "I am Sailor Moon, and now that I'm here, you're Moon dust!"

"Why is it so cold?" the centaur asked, while holding himself.

"I'll make it hotter! Mars Fire…Ignite!"

The fog disappeared and there stood, a happier centaur. "Sailor Mars! You helped it out!" screamed a steamy Sailor Moon.

Mars scratched her head, "oh yeah, he's immune to fire. Sorry."

"Whatever, Luna, go check on Amy. Sailor Mars and I will destroy the monster," Sailor Moon took charge.

"Right," Luna said before rushing to the girl who was watching the fight. Luna then almost choked on her breath. There on Amy's head, was a blue symbol of Mercury. "Sailor Mercury! We have found you!"

"You can talk!" Amy put both of her hands over her mouth.

"There is no time to explain," Luna then looked at the tired Scouts, "you must become Sailor Mercury, and help them." Luna then did her trick, and there laid a blue transforming stick.

On the fighting side, Mars was a little help, and Sailor Moon couldn't get a clear shot of him. "Hold still ugly Nega Moon Monster!" Sailor Mars yelled.

Sailor Moon was preparing to grave her tiara, but couldn't have an accrete shot. All of a sudden, a woman appeared in the air. "Centauro, have you collected enough energy for the Prince?"

"No Emerald. I just need a little more, but these brats came, and stopped me from doing my job," he pointed at the two.

"Oh I remember you, Sailor Brat," Emerald said.

"That's Sailor Moon, and if you're on the same side as the Nega Moon, then prepared to be moon dusted."

"Oh yeah," she then raised her hands. Dark green energy started to form, "take this." A bunch of, fist size, energy balls were headed towards them.

"No!" a blue blur was only able to push Sailor Mars out of the way, "Sailor Moon!" the figure in blue yelled.

Sailor Moon put up her hands and closed her eyes to block it, but then nothing came. She looked up, and found a masked man, "Tuxedo Mask!"

"You must be their knight in shining armor," Emerald sounded annoyed. "Centauro, finish them." She then disappeared.

"This will be fun, new targets," Centauro said. He bent his head down and was aiming for them.

"Mercury Bubbles…Flare!"

The whole area turned foggy once again. "What?! Where'd everyone go?"

"Sailor Moon, now!" Tuxedo Mask said beside her.

Sailor Moon nodded. "Moon Tiara Magic!" The monster screamed. "Moon dusted."

The fog lifted, and there stood three female figures and one male. "Looks like you have another Scout. Until next time, Sailor Moon," Tuxedo Mask then jumped on the roof and left.

"Oh Tuxedo Mask," Sailor Moon sighed.

"Hey Meatball Brains, I think we should leave now. Everyone is starting to reawaken," Mars said.

"Hey! Stop calling me that!" Sailor Moon then turned to the chuckle beside her. She looked at the new blue Scout.

"Who would have thought our super hero's were two teenaged girls that bicker all the time," Sailor Mercury said.

"Amy! I'm so glad you're Sailor Mercury," Sailor Moon chimed.

"Yeah, now I wont have to do all the thinking."

"You don't do all the thinking. Who do you think just lead us here? ME!" Sailor Moon pointed at herself.

"Sure."

Mars and Moon started to bicker again, and Mercury was trying to hold the laughter in. Luna sagged her head, "oh great. I'm never going to get a break, am I?"

To be continued…

Sweetcece: "I hate battle scenes." -_-

Greg: "I got a part!"

Ken and Chad: "We didn't."

Sweetcece: *pats them on there back* "Sorry, your love scenes will be soon."

Ken and Chad: *smiles*

Lita and Mina: "When do we come in!" *crosses arms and pouts*

Sweetcece: "The next chapter. I think I'll make Sailor Jupiter and Venus come together. It's easier."

Luna: "Lazy as Serena."

Sweetcece and Serena: "HEY!"

Everyone else: *snickers*

Darien: "Why do you make me sound so…"

Sweetcece: "Sweet?"

Andrew: "Dorky?"

Darien: "That's the word."

Diamond: "Hey, where's my kiss?"

Sweetcece: *gives a kiss to Diamond* ^_^

Diamond: -_-; "I mean Serena."

Sweetcece: ; P *takes back kiss* "Don't know. When I want to." ^_^

Ray: "Hey why does Meatball Brains get to be saved by Tuxedo Mask and I get Mercury? No offence Amy."

Amy: "None taken."

Sweetcece: "Boy do characters complain a lot…"

Everyone: *eyes Sweetcece evilly*

Sweetcece: o_0; "Well…" ^-^; *slowly walks towards her room* "Please R&R and I'll try to update soon, bye!" *quickly shuts door and locks it. Knifes go through it, barely miss her head* XP