Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Love Is Blind ❯ I Will Carry You ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Is Blind

Chapter IV. I Will Carry You

By: Sailor Angie

AN: YOU GUYS! I'm so excited, I've gotten such wonderful reviews, and that's why I'm posting this a day earlier; I hope this is soon enough. I have way too much fun with these author notes; make sure to read the preview at the bottom before you review. Chapter 5 will be out on the regular Monday post. Aren't you guys so lucky! Oh well, R&R like always, you guys are my lifeline; enjoy!

****

"Dammit!" Serena slammed her fist on the sound board. "Again." She yelled into the microphone.

Serena's assistant Mina approached her hesitantly, "Serena, Andrew's on the phone for you." Serena grabbed the phone clearly agitated.

But as soon ash she spoke, she sounded perfectly fine, "Hello Andy." She sugar coated her speech, "Did you need something?"

"I hear you're having problems with your new band."

Serena scowled and wondered who had ratted her out, "It's difficult to say Andy. I know they have loads of talent, but for some reason, maybe it's just that they're nervous, they sound horrible here in the studio." She walked out into the hall.

"What do you think we should do about it?" Andrew asked calmly.

"I don't know. I'm just so frustrated right now. I had such a vision for this band, and I feel like it's all going down the drain."

"Do you think we can salvage anything?"

"Maybe somebody else can, but right now I just can't think, let alone record." Serena rubbed her temples.

"Well, call it a day, and gimme a call when you figure out what you want to do with them." Andy's sympathy was could be heard clearly over the receiver.

"Okay, I'll call you later Andy." She clicked off her cell phone and drudged back into the studio, "That's a wrap for today. We'll pick it up where we left off tomorrow." The band members followed her orders and began to pack up.

Serena had come to the conclusion that she had lost her gift, and the only way she knew of to get it back was to fall in love. Some of her best work had been done when she was with Ben, and she knew the reason why was because of how wonderful he made her feel, and the attention that he gave her. Serena hurt inside fearing that she may never produce anything worthwhile again. And if she didn't have music, then what did she have?

*Yeah I know it hurts/

Yeah I know you're scared/

Walking down the road/

That leads to who knows where*

Serena found herself staring at his apartment door yet again, and wondered why so many different paths always seemed to lead her there. Serena thought she was so weak that she could handle nothing without him, but even if she had been strong enough, she wouldn't have wanted to go on without him by her side. She hesitated, but knocked.

He opened the door a moment later and looked at her curiously, "What a pleasant surprise. I wasn't expecting you."

"Did I interrupt something?" Serena looked past him into his apartment.

"Nope, I was just doing some work." He opened the door wider to allow her inside.

Serena slipped past him and grabbed a soda out of his fridge before plopping down next to him on the couch.

"So what's up?"

"Does something have to be up in order for me to come visit you?" Serena played with the condensation on the soda can.

"No, but there usually is." Darien looked at her.

"I think I've lost it." She leaned back.

"Lost what?" Darien was puzzled.

"I was in the studio today, and the band, they were great, but something just didn't sound right. And I couldn't fix it, and I don't think it was them, I think it was me." Serena's eyes were filling with tears.

Darien didn't know what to say, so instead of offering her words, he pulled her in and gave her his warmth instead.

*Don't you hang your head/

Don't you give up yet/

When courage starts to disappear/

I will be right here*

"I don't think I can continue with the band." Serena faced Andrew.

"That's fine," Andrew handed the waitress his menu, "I'll get you a new band, a better one." He smiled.

"No Andy, I don't think you get it. I don't think I can continue with any band."

"Do you want more time off?" Andrew suggested.

"I had a dream last night Andy. I was walking down a street and every person I passed told me to give up, that it was over and that I would never hear music the way I used to."

"And since when do you listen to dreams Serena? That's awfully childish." Andrew was upset.

"I usually don't, but I think they're right." Serena's voice trembled.

"I don't." Darien's voice sounded from behind her, "You've jut his a rough patch. You can't give up now." Darien took Serena's hand in his, "Me and Andy will help you get through this. And believe me; you will get trough this just fine." Darien smiled down at Serena.

*When your world breaks down/

And the voices tell you turn around/

When your dreams give out/

I will carry you, carry you*

Serena took Andrew's advice and took more time off. As of late all she had been doing was moping around Darien's apartment and eating all of his ice cream.

Serena was engrossed in yet another made for TV movie when Darien came home from work.

"You need more ice cream." Serena pointed to the garbage which contained two empty boxes, while her eyes were still glued to the TV screen.

Darien rolled his eye, "When was the last time you went to your own apartment?"

"Do you want me to leave?" She stood up to face him.

"No, but I think you need to get out more. Your tendencies are resembling that of a hermit much too closely." Serena shot him a look, "Go home and put something sexy on, I'm gonna take you out tonight."

"Where?" Serena was skeptical.

"I heard about it today at work. Just go get ready, it'll be a surprise." Darien scooted her out the door while she protested.

An hour and a half later she reappeared at his apartment wearing the short black cocktail dress he had instructed her to put on.

Darien made a cat call, and Serena shoved him, "Alright, so where are we going?" She was impatient.

"I'll tell you in the car." Darien led her out the door and down to the parking lot. He opened her door, and closed it behind her. As soon as they were on the road he began to explain, "Andrew heard of these guys from one of our college buddies. The band's been so popular underground. Andrew wanted to see if you thought they could make it into mainstream." Darien pulled into a spot outside the club.

Serena shook her head, "I haven't got an ear for anything anymore."

"Well, too bad, the band knows you're here. Besides, you can't sit around m apartment vegging out on ice cream and Trading Spaces forever. I think once you hear them you might change your mind." Darien held the door to the club open for her, "Go on, they're waiting."

*When the stars go blind/

And the darkness starts to flood your eyes/

When you're falling behind/

I will carry you*

The thick club atmosphere hit Serena as soon as she crossed the threshold. Serena wasn't sure what she was getting herself into. Darien led her to a table right in front of the stage that had been reserved for them.

"Serena, Andy wanted me to talk to their manager, I'll be right back."

Serena shifted in her seat, "Okay, but hurry back."

As soon as Darien was out of sight, the band took the stage. All Serena could think about was how gorgeous the lead singer was. He had neatly trimmed light brown hair, and eyes of dark hazel. Their eyes locked, Serena blushed when he winked at her.

"Hey everyone!" He yelled to the crowd; which cheered back, "You guys prolly know who I am, but just incase you don't, I'm Seth, and I'll be your hostess for the evening." He said with a lisp, the crowd erupted in laughter, he cleared his throat, "Just kidding," He smiled at Serena, "I'm Seth, and I do lead vocals for the band Lovevolves. The first song we're gonna do tonight, I just wrote yesterday when somebody told me about a girl who had her heart broken by a rocker. I just want to let her know that we're not all heart breakers." He played the first few notes on his guitar and whispered into the microphone, "This is for you Serena." He began the song.

His eyes never left hers as he spoke of a girl who left her lover and thought that there was no hope left, and had almost given up when a rocker brought her back to life and showed her life had meaning.

Serena knew she clapped the loudest when the song ended. Darien returned halfway through their set.

"Whatta ya think?" He leaned back in his chair.

"We have to sign them." Serena was positive.

"One step ahead of you." Darien slid the signed contract in front of her. "Andrew wants you to produce their first album."

"I'd love to." She smiled at Darien.

*Everybody cries/

Everybody bleeds/

No one ever said/

That life's an easy thing*

"Can I please speak with Seth?" Serena wrapped the phone cord around her finger.

"Just a minute." The voice answered.

A moment later he answered, "Hello?"

"Seth, this is Serena Thompson."

He chuckled, "I was hoping you'd call."

Serena was a bit surprised, "Lovevolves signed with Crescent Records." She stated.

"We sure did, I'd do anything to have you produce our music." Serena blushed, "Did you like the song I wrote for you?" He inquired.

Serena smiled, "I was very flattered."

"I don't like talking on the phone, why don't I meet you somewhere so we can talk in person." Seth suggested.

"Sure, how `bout the Starbucks on West Mifflin St.?"

"Perfect, I'll meet you there in ten."

"Talk to you then." Serena hung up the phone. She felt something inside. She was excited. She wanted to see him again. She wanted to hear his voice, to hear him sing to her again. She couldn't get the smile off her face as she walked down the street to meet him.

*That's the beauty of it/

When you lose your way/

Close your eyes and go to sleep/

And wake up to another day*

"I wanted to ask you a question Serena." Seth ran his hand through his hair. "The song I sung for you tonight, I know it needs a little work, but I want it to be our first single." He looked into her eyes.

Serena smiled, "I'd like that very much."

Seth smiled back, "I'd also like to take you out sometime, when it's not two in the morning." They laughed together.

"It's a deal." Serena reassured him.

"Can I walk you home?" Seth inquired.

"Okay." Serena allowed him to put his arm around her as they walked the two blocks to her building. He only let her go as they stood in front of her penthouse door.

"Good night Serena." He said softly, as his lips approached hers.

Serena unknowingly closed the gap and let his mouth take hers, and pull her closer to him.

She broke their embrace and promised to call him the next day. He smiled, and kissed her on the cheek before closing the door for her. Serena cold get to bed for a long time, all she could think about was how good he tasted, and how wonderful it was to be held by someone.

Darien sank to the floor in the hall; he had seen everything. He had gotten to her too late, and her heart had been stolen by another.

*You should know by now/

That you're not alone/

Take my heart/

And we will find/

You will find/

Your way home*

****

AN: I Will Carry You ©2003 Clay Aiken and all respective owners. *ducks at rotten fruit thrown by pissed off loyal readers* Remember guys, master plan, master plan, just keep repeating it in your head. My story would suck if it was all like, oh, Serena breaks up with her boyfriend, and Darien makes her feel better, and they get together. C'mon, if that's what you want, do a quick search on FF.net, and make sure the criteria you type in is a 10 year old writer, and you'll have plenty to choose from. Don't hate me, just remember, master plan . . . once again my thanks!

Sailor Morph, I did raise the rating to PG-13, and all I can tell you is that I wouldn't use the words unless I think they're necessary for the story. Thanks for your review, I hope my swearing won't keep you away, I promise there is not much cursing left in the following chapters.

Pseudonym, don't be afraid to give me any creative criticism, glad you like the story so far.

Mistress Moon, I'm updating as fast as I can. The reason I tell you guys I'm as far as I am at least in my notebook is because I want you to know that I'm not about to abandon this story and leave you guys hanging . . . forever. I'm going as fast as I can.

DarkTenshi23, Welcome back, you're such a flatterer!

Lebbie black, Ben might not be around a ton after this, but there's plenty more action, I hope you'll forgive me.

Lk! Glad to have you back. You know us authors, we like cliff hangers, but I did tell you guys that if you reviewed more I'd get the chapter up faster, and here it is Thursday, 4 days before my regular post, and I put it up. *gushes* I hope I'll keep you guessing. If you think that was a cliff hanger, you ain't seen nothin' yet! [Evil grin]

ThatsMsDiva2U, I'm so glad you're getting into the story, keep your eye out for the fact that regardless of what Serena's going through, their relationship keeps growing closer!

UsAgI-ChAn206, it's all about the girl power. And don't let Serena's demeanor trick you, we all know she is one tough cookie! Thanks for your review!

Crystal Promise, Namiko-Daughter of Sekhmet, friend, Flame Stardattir, Phantasy Star, I hope I got this chapter out soon enough for you.

Preview: Chapter V. Invisible -----

What the heck is going on! Serena is supposed to be with Darien! But she's with Seth. I give up, and Darien wants to as well, but he can't loose hope, even if he starts to think that Seth may be the best one for Serena. Find out what happens in the next installment of Love Is Blind. [We're working on doing some surgery for it, don't worry]

Out on Monday 11/10/03! I bet you just can't wait. AAAAAHHHHH!