Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Mercury Mask ❯ Who am I? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mercury Mask
Episode III
"Who am I?"
Diary Entry V


Date: Sunday, 18 May, 1997 True Date: 18 May, 2972
Dear Diary,
I've realized something. It's a little personal and may sound strange. I have found that I have three personalities. 1. Amanda, Amanda Gregory: sweet, kind, polite, the perfect angel, a lot like me though, even though I don't want to admit it. 2. SM: smart, sassy, strong, maybe even comes off as rude. But me none the less. 3. Amanda, the one who writes to you, Amanda Urawa: she's the one who pours her heart to you, and wishes she could tell Rose so much, I know I can trust him.
Scene I

Dark shadows filled a room; Dainel and Malina stood on front of the crystal ball they had talked to before. Malina had a confused look on her face, "So you're saying Olivius, that you don't want us to kill Princess Serenity anymore?"
"That's right, I can make her suffer as well, but I still have something for you to do," the ball replied.
"We're listening," Dainel said seemingly interested.
"There's something I want you to get for me. There's one person who has something I want, it is rather hard to get a hold of though I don't know if you two will be able-"
Malina interrupted her; "We'll do it, as long as it involves something suffering,"
Olivius was angry because of the interruption, "As I was saying, one person has a heart song that will turn into an object of power. I need that object! And if you to don't get it soon, you can be sure you'll be the ones suffering!"
"Yes m'Lady," they both replied.
The dark figure in the crystal ball disappeared leaving the two, both slightly confused.
"Dainel, what's a heart song?"
"I believe it's the song inside someone's body that keeps the elements of life in harmony and balance. But she didn't give us much to go on, did she?"
"It's too bad we can't go after Sailor Moon anymore, we were just beginning to have fun."
"Yes, but if the elements of life are unbalanced in your body then you die,"
"Ooh, pain, I hope it's one of those Sailor brats, especially that Mariner, she's a nuisance." Malina retorted.
Scene II

Amy was sitting at her computer typing while eating a sandwich; "I can't seem to find anyone who is even close to having chances of being Sailor Mariner." On the screen was a picture of Sailor Mariner, "If only I could see her face better, with that mask on I can't see the color of her eyes." Amy clicked a few things on the screen and brought up a picture of Amanda, Amy hadn't really met her yet, but did know who she was. After typing in some commands, her computer came up with a result of a 5% chance of her being Sailor Mariner, 'I guess it is stupid to even consider her, their personalities are completely different."
A few days later, Darien knocked on the door to Raye's bedroom, "Hey, Raye? Is Amanda here?"
Raye opened the door, her nose was completely red and she sneezed twice before she said anything, "No, she's at choir practice with Greg."
"Good, that will make this easier for me,' he thought, "Hay fever acting up?"
"Yes, if you want to talk to Amanda she'll be back around five-thirty."
"Actually I just cam to get something from her, it's a book I lent to her," he lied, Darien had seen her carrying her diary the other day and was dying to know more about her. He hadn't actually felt like she was telling the truth since the dream they had together.
"Oh, okay well her room is just a few doors down,"
"Thanks Raye,"
Darien walked down to the door Raye had pointed to and walked in. It wasn't decorated at all like Raye's room, just a bed, a lamp, a table, and a bureau. "You'd think for a kid's room there'd be more stuff in here."
"Hey, Darien, What are you doin' in Amanda's room?"
Darien turned around to find Chad, "Getting a book of mine," he lied again.
"That's what Raye said, but that's not really why you're here."
Chad shut the door behind him. And Darien replied, "No, that's not what I'm really doing, and if you promise not to tell any body I'll tell you."
"No prob, I'm good with secrets."
"I'm looking for Amanda's diary."
"What!?"
Darien thought to himself, 'Now where would she hide it? Some place you wouldn't think of looking." He scanned the room and saw the corner of a book sticking out from underneath the pillow, "Bingo," Darien walked over and pulled it out, "No lock, it's like she wants somebody to read it,"
"Isn't this kind of invading her privacy?"
"Don't tell anyone I read it," he opened it up and began reading the first entry, "She doesn't mention anything about America, only her parents." He paged through it to the next entry, "Sammy? Crescent? I wonder if that means Serena. Crescent and Rose? She's weirder than I thought she was."
"Maybe you shouldn't..."Chad started but didn't finish his sentence, knowing Darien would read it any way.
Darien turned to the third entry, "Magic Moon Wand, remind me to tell Serena that on Friday." Darien turned the page again; "I'm Rose, that seems like a weird name for a guy doesn't it?"
Darien didn't expect a reply but got one anyway, "I guess."
Darien turned to the last entry, it seemed to take him longer to this one and he didn't' say anything, just closed the small book and slid it back underneath the pillow. As he walked past Chad to the door of the small room he said, "Don't tell."
"Scouts honor," he said jokingly.
Scene III

Darien was lying in bed that night deeply in thought, 'Maybe she's some long lost sister, or maybe it's just coincidence. But she lied, her last name is Urawa?'

Amanda's dream...
Amanda was standing in the dark forest; it was nighttime in her dream world. "This place seems so real it's hard to believe it's not." Amanda said to no one in particular. Amanda finally noticed she was wearing a blue gown, much like the dress Princess Mercury wears. She touched the top of her head and sure enough, the tiara of ice was on top of her head, "It seems like it's been forever since the last time I wore this dress."
"And you look beautiful in it,"
Amanda turned around, "Hey, I didn't think you'd come."
"If I had wings I'd go anywhere, I'm surprised you've never flown anywhere, even on a plane."
Amanda had a look of dread and shock on her face, but didn't say anything. She looked at the ground, 'He can't know, but I said I'd tell him everything I wanted to tell someone.' she thought. Neither of them said anything until Darien said, "Do you know who Serena Chiba is?"
"A student teacher at my school,"
"You don't know anything else?"
"No," Amanda said nervously, "Why,"
"Never mind," he replied.
The dream world began to fade away. And in moments it was gone.
Scene IV

Amanda was outside the temple sweeping as Amy was walking up the steps to the temple with Luna in her arms. Amanda was humming the melody of "Lavender Blue"; she had a very far off look on her face and was staring intently at something.
"Hi Amanda," Amy said to her, but received no response. Amy walked up next to her and said again, "Hi Amanda!"
Amanda looked up at her very slowly, "Oh, it's just you Miss Amy."
"Is everything alright?"
"Everything is absolutely perfect..." Amanda sounded very spacey and she was also blushing.
"What were you staring at?"
"Hmm? Oh, nothing, just thinking."
"Did you have a good day at school or something?"
"Same as usual," Amanda stilled seemed a little far away, "I'm just thinking of home."
"Well, okay see you later then,"
As Amy walked away Luna said quietly, "Amy, you're positive she's not Sailor Mariner?"
"Absolutely Luna."
Scene V

Later in Amy's apartment, Amy was reading a book on the couch and Amy's mom was reading a book next to her. All of a sudden something large broke through the large penthouse window. Both of them screamed. Standing in the window were Dainel and Malina, "Bokooko, restrain the little brat!" Malina yelled. The youma, Bokooko, grabbed Amy's arms and twisted them both backwards. Amy's mom yelled at them to stop.
Dainel stood in front of Amy and his hands began to glow with a bright light. He then reached inside Amy's chest and pulled out a small glass globe and examined it. "It's not the one!" he yelled.
At that moment a glass rose hit him in the back of the head, "Ouch," he rubbed the back of his head.
"Put her down you wacko nega-monster!" a figure yelled from the window, "I am Sailor Mariner and there's no way I'll let you hurt my loved ones! So on behalf of our future, I shall punish you!" Sailor Mariner grabbed the globe from him and threw it back to Amy. It began to glow as it disappeared back into Amy's chest.
"Stupid brat! That was ours!" Malina yelled at her.
"It wasn't it anyway, let's go," Dainel said.
"Bokooko, get rid of the Sailor prick," Malina said to the youma. Dainel and Malina both vanished.
"Shine Aqua Illusion!" Sailor Mariner yelled. Bokooko was trapped in a mini iceberg. "Are you alright Miss-" she paused, "Mizuno." 'Yeah call her "Amy" and she'll know who I am.' She thought.
"Yes, fine thank you."
"Are you alright as well Dr. Mizuno?"
"Yes, who are you? And how do you know I'm a doctor?" Amelia Mizuno said in astonishment.
"Sailor Mariner, and I know a lot more about you than just you being a doctor, a pediatrician to be exact."
"How do you know Amy?" Amelia asked.
"And why did you say I was a "loved one" of yours?"
"And how did you come through the window? And who were those people and what did they do to Amy?"
"Slow down! I can't answer so many questions at once. I know the want to know a lot is hereditary in this family but this is ridiculous. Now Amy could you call Sailor Moon, I can't exactly get rid of that ugly statue."
"Ex-nay!" Amy yelled at her.
"Face it Amy, it would be a good idea if your mom knew this. You could use a doctor on your side."
"What's she talking about Amy?" Amelia asked.
"Well, you're not going to believe this mom,"
"Let me answer my questions first, it will make it less complicated. I know Amy because of lots of reasons that I don't want to explain. You're a loved one of mine because, well I can't tell you that either. I climbed the wall to get through the window. Those people are Dainel and Malina, enemies of the Sailor Scouts. And I don't know what they did to Amy, but I think they're after the heart songs of certain people."
"And one of those reasons she knows me is because I'm Sailor Mercury."
"You're gone late at night when I get home, rushing off suddenly as soon as you're paged, and you often borrow supplies from the hospital for you're so called science projects. It's really not a surprise," Amelia looked out the window, "And she's right, having a doctor on your side is a good idea."
"Yeah," Amy said, "Sailor Moon is on her way. Sailor Mariner, if you don't mind me asking, where are you from?"
"Well, I can tell you this, I'm from a group of Sailor Soldiers called "The Children of the New Age", If I could tell you more, believe me I would. And I wish I could," Sailor Mariner stood in the window and faced them, "but for now please just trust me." Sailor Mariner jumped backwards out of the window.
"So, to a solve the great urban mystery; who is Sailor Moon?" Amelia asked quizzically.
"Well, you know my friend Serena?"
"The really ditzy one?"
"That's her!" Amy started to laugh.
Scene VI

"You told your mom!?" Luna yelled at Amy at the Sailor Scout meeting.
"Yes, but think about she can be useful in the near future," Amy protested.
"Luna, as long as she doesn't tell anyone it's okay," Artemis was taking Amy's side.
"Well how much did you tell her?" Luna asked worriedly.
"We stayed up all night and I told her everything, except for about the future,"
"Oh, well," Luna replied, "just make sure she doesn't tell anyone."
"She won't," Amy said reassuringly.
Serena wasn't paying any attention as usual, instead she was waving her hand in front of Darien's face, "Hello?! Anybody in there?!"
Darien snapped out of his trance and slid his arms around Serena and kissed her, "I'm here," he said, "just have stuff on my mind."
"Like what kinds of stuff?" Serena asked, "It better not be another girl!"
"No, not exactly," Darien paused and thought about the diary, "Greg, do have a sister? Maybe one that lives with some distant relatives or something?"
Greg had a confused look on his face, "Not unless she live on another planet, why?"
"Just wondering," he replied.
Meanwhile in Amanda's room, Amanda picked up Luna-P and pressed the tiny pink nose, "Luna-P? When can I come home?" Amanda had tears in her eyes.
"Not for a while," Pluto's voice said.
"But why Luna-P?"
"It's not safe for you at home, and you should be training, and gaining Sailor Moon's trust."
Amanda began to cry, "But why!? Why isn't it safe!?"
"It's just not sweetie, help the Sailor Scouts out and I'll try to get your mom to tell you what's going on, okay?"
Amanda nodded and turned Luna-P off. Amanda folded her hands and it looked as if she were praying, "Mummy, please let me come home, I miss you so much, and I'm so homesick." Amanda lied down on her bed and folded her arms in front of her. She put her head in her arms and cried.