Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Mercury Mask ❯ Friends for Sure ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mercury Mask
Episode II
"Friends For Sure"
Scene I
"What a beautiful spring afternoon," Amanda said to no one in particular. It was very sunny and warm on that particular April afternoon. And there were cherry blossoms blooming everywhere. "Once again Amanda started to talk to herself, "I forgot, I need to pick up some groceries at the store for Miss Hino. I'll do that now."
As Amanda was coming out of the small grocery store, Amanda ran into Darien. Knocking her over and spilling her groceries.
"I'm so sorry, sir. I'll be much more careful next time," Amanda was so busy apologizing that she didn't take time to notice who she had run into.
"That's okay, it's my fault," he said to her.
Amanda looked up, "Darien! I'm so sorry," she began to pick up the apples and the small boxes on the ground, "I should be more careful, you'd think I'm turning into-" Amanda stopped and rethought her sentence for a moment.
"Into what?" Darien asked.
"A klutz," she said, then repeated her self, "a complete and total klutz." Amanda picked up her bag and began walking down the street with Darien, 'What is it with you and not saying the right thing to him!' she thought.
'There's that weird scent again, strawberries and roses." Darien thought to himself. "I've been meaning to ask you, how do you know my name? I'm pretty sure I never said anything at the church last week."
"I saw a picture of you in Miss Hino's room and her about you," she lied. Amanda had only met Raye after she met Darien. 'Stupid, stupid, stupid, what if he asks her?' she thought.
"You know Raye?" he replied.
"Yes, I live at Hikawa Shrine-and work there," she held up the bag.
Scene II
"Boy, do I love shopping!" Serena was being completely obnoxious. Why shouldn't she be, she actually has more than ten yen in her purse!
"Shopping is great and all," Raye sounded exhausted, "but I need a break."
"Well, then why don't we go to Crown. We can get ice cream, since I'm hungry anyway, and gossip with Elizabeth for while!" Serena said. (Who doesn't like ice cream and gossip?)
Serena and Raye went into the Fruit Parlor. As they did they heard a familiar laugh. Serena peeked around the corner, "That's Darien!" she said quietly enough so no one but Raye would hear, "But who's he with?"
"Hiya, Serena, Raye, what's up?" Serena and Raye turned around to find Elizabeth Furuhata standing in front of them. "What's wrong Serena? You look kind of mad," she said.
"Darien's just hanging out with somebody Serena doesn't know," Raye answered the question for her.
"You mean Amanda? I talked briefly to her; she seems pretty nice. Well, when you're ready to order just call me over, okay?" Elizabeth walked away.
'Amanda? Nah, there's probably a hundred Amanda's in Tokyo,' Raye thought
Serena was a bit curious to find out what they were talking about and who this was for that matter. "We have to be able to eavesdrop completely invisible-like," she said.
Serena and Raye sneaked by them and seated themselves a few seats behind Darien so he wouldn't see them. Raye got a good look at the girl sitting with Darien, "Amanda!" she said quietly.
"You know her?" Serena asked.
"Yeah, she lives and helps out at the shrine. She's really nice, who knew she had the hots for your boyfriend," Serena was beginning to look angry, but she was more interested in what they were talking about.
"So your mom just pushed you out of the house?" Darien said.
"More like out of the country. She said since I have the brains to study abroad I should take the opportunity." Amanda replied, "It was almost as if she wanted me to leave. So, here I am, in the Metropolis of Neon."
"I can't believe Darien would hang out with another girl besides me!" Serena whined.
Amanda noticed them sitting in the corner. She got an evil expression on her face. She said something in French to Darien. He started laughing. Serena and Raye, not being very good at French, didn't know what she said. She had said, "Your girlfriend is eavesdropping and it's very rude and I wouldn't mind if she joined us all she would have to do is ask. Does she always do things like this?"
Darien stopped laughing and turned around, "You know Serena, listening to our conversation wouldn't get you as far as if you had sat down with us. Then I would've treated you to ice cream. But I have to go now. It was nice getting to know you Amanda and I hope I see you around the shrine. See ya Serena, Raye."
"Thank you for the ice cream Darien," Amanda said.
"You bought her ice cream!" Serena complained.
"You're the one, who wasted your time eavesdropping Serena," Darien got up and left the parlor.
"I didn't even get a kiss goodbye!?" Serena whined.
"Good afternoon Miss Hino. Would you and Miss Serena care to join me?" Amanda said politely. Serena sat down next to her with a somewhat pissed off look on her face. Serena looked at the door then Amanda's half gone strawberry ice cream, then at Amanda.
"WHAT WERE YOU DOING WITH MY BOYFRIEND?!?!" Serena yelled. Luckily, no one else was there.
"We were just chatting about things," Amanda said quietly, she was looking down at her hands on her lap as she fidgeted with them.
'She looks just like Serena when Darien scolds her,' Raye thought, then said, "Serena, don't get so jealous,"
"I AM NOT JEALOUS!!!" Serena replied, Serena got a sad look on her face, "But Darien bought her ice cream and not me."
Amanda pushed her parfait glass towards Serena; "You can have the rest, if you want, I'm not really hungry anyway."
Serena reached for the spoon. Raye grabbed her wrist and pulled her up, "That's okay, you can finish it we should finish shopping anyway. See you later Amanda!"
"But Raye, I'm still hungry!" Serena whined as Raye dragged her out the door.
Amanda was left sitting alone at the table with a horribly sad look on her face, 'Great first impression on the Princess,' she said to herself sarcastically.
Scene III
Somewhere near Earth…
"So Dainel, who's our next target?"
"This girl," Dainel replied to Malina as he held up a photo of a raven haired girl, "Her name is Raye Hino."
Scene IV
Raye walked up the many steps of the shrine looking completely exhausted, 'Serena sure is a shopaholic. I don't think I ever want to walk that much again." Raye recalled the incident at the fruit parlor, 'I feel sorry for Amanda, she probably doesn't have many friends, Darien seems like a great friend for her. Maybe a little too old for her, but they seem like they'd get a long.'
Raye reached the top of the steps and saw Amanda sweeping the ever-increasing amount of cherry blossoms; this is due to the fact that it is April. Raye noticed Amanda looked very sad as a tear rolled down her cheek.
"Hi, Amanda, what's up?"
Amanda wiped the tear away quickly, "Oh, hello Miss Hino. I'm really sorry for making your friend so angry."
"No prob, Serena blows a gasket at every girl that even talks to Darien," she replied.
"I honestly didn't mean to make her mad, I was just playing around when I said she was being rude." Amanda said, 'Please don't yell at me,' she thought.
"Chill out, I'm not gonna spaz out like Serena," Raye paused for a moment then turned back to Amanda, "Unless, that is, you try and go after Chad." Raye started to giggle and Amanda joined in.
'It feels good to laugh with Raye, it's just like music class,' Amanda thought, 'Oops, I forgot about Trista.' "Miss Hino, may I borrow your bicycle?"
"Why?"
"I have to run an errand to the other side of town, if I walked I wouldn't get back until late."
"Where are you going? You already ran all the errands Grandpa and I asked you to."
"I have to pick up something from a friend,"
"Who?"
"No offense but, you are being sort of nosy," Amanda looked kind of mad.
Raye sweat dropped and laughed nervously, "Heheh, sorry, um yeah, you can use my bike, but don't be out too late," Raye started to walked back to the house, then turned around and said, "or Grandpa might think you're on some hot date."
"I wish," Amanda replied quietly.
Scene V
Amanda headed down a small side street, 'You'd think a mansion wouldn't be hard to find, Now where is it?' Amanda hopped off the bike and looked around for a moment, 'I just look around for a minute, then go if I don't find anything.' Amanda thought she heard a motor behind her but saw no one. As she began to cross the street a motorcyclist came speeding around the corner and was about an inch away from hitting her. 'What an obnoxious driver, Amara isn't even that bad.'
The motorcycle skidded to a stop, and the driver jumped off and pulled off his helmet, to reveal the tall, blonde, tomboyish Amara. "Are you okay?" she yelled back to her.
"I'm fine," Amanda replied as she walked up to Amara, "but you shouldn't be such a reckless driver! I could've been killed!" Amanda didn't recognize Amara and reminded herself, 'I'm not who I am at home keep your trap shut!'
"I'm sorry, usually there's nobody back here."
"Yes, well, by any chance do you know where the Tenoh-Kaiou mansion is?"
"Why do you want to know?" Amara had a strange feeling about Amanda.
"I'm looking for a friend," Amanda replied, "but if you can't help me, I'll find it on my own." Amanda picked up Raye's bike and began walking away.
"No, I can help you, just want to know why the heck you're looking for my house."
"Amara..." Amanda said quietly, then more loudly, "I'm looking for Trista."
The two stepped inside the large house and Amara led Amanda into the kitchen where Michelle was chopping lettuce at the counter and Hotaru was reading at the table.
"Hello Amara, who's your little friend? She looks a little like Amy," said Michelle.
Amanda blushed, and thought, 'I hope she can't see through me,' she didn't mean literally though.
"Hi Amanda!" Hotaru said smiling.
"Hi Hotaru. So. uh, Miss Amara, about Trista?" Amanda asked.
"Did I hear someone say my name?" Trista came out of the hallway.
"Trista!" Amanda practically leaped into Trista's arms and hugged her, "It's feels so good to see somebody I know. What did you want to give me?"
Trista motioned down the hallway and lead her into a room with a bunch of boxes in it. She picked up a somewhat smaller box and opened it up, and then nodded seeing it was the right one. She handed it to Amanda, it seemed like an armful for her. Amanda peered inside and said, "Luna-P!"
"Shh, your mother thinks it could help you out and be your friend,"
Amanda smiled and said, "You can tell my mother she better tell me why I'm here."
"I'm also supposed to give you this," Trista reached into her pocket and pulled out a necklace with lots of charms on it, they looked like the signs of the planets, and a small golden key.
Trista pushed Amanda down the hallway and almost out the door only giving her a second to say, "Goodbye, and thank you!"
Scene VI
"There she is," Dainel said, peeking out from behind a bush at the shrine, Raye was praying to the gods.
"What a dip," Malina said as she pulled out a marble, "Tempeko, come forth!"
In a cloud of smoke a youma dressed much like Raye appeared. Raye turned around and saw the youma, "How stupid can these things look?"
The youma took out a bunch of sticks and threw them at Raye pinning Raye to the wall of the shrine, "Yeah, that's original!" Raye yelled at it sarcastically.
Dainel stepped in front of Raye, "Hand over the crystal girl.""
"What?"
"We know you're Sailor Moon, girl, now hand over the Silver Crystal!"
"Me? Sailor Moon!? Why would I want to be that ditz?!"
Amanda was running up the steps of the shrine and dashed behind a tree, "Mercury Mini Power, MAKE-UP!"
A rose flew passed Dainel face. Over the top of Raye's head Sailor Mariner appeared, "Paws off my friend creep! She is not Sailor Moon, not even close. I'm Sailor Mariner! On behalf of our future, I shall punish you!" Amanda flipped off the top of the wall and landed behind Dainel. Malina grabbed her from behind. "Not a good idea," Sailor Mariner said. Sailor Mariner slipped out of Malina's grip and tripped her then Dainel also. She stepped on Dainel's back to get over to Raye, and began pulling the sticks out of the wall.
"Behind you!" Raye yelled as Dainel grabbed Sailor Mariner in a headlock.
"You aren't going to bug us any more," Dainel said.
"Hold it!" four figures appeared behind them, "We are the Sailor Scouts! We fight for love! We fight for justice! And on behalf of all of the planets we will punish you! Sailor Moon Kick!" Sailor Moon did a jump kick into Dainel's side, when they collided he released Sailor Mariner.
"Good timing Sailor Moon, but aren't you forgetting something?!" Sailor Mariner sort of thanked her.
Sailor Moon stood up, half standing on Dainel, "No, I don't think so."
Sailor Mercury spoke up, "Sailor Moon! Move now!" Sailor Moon started running when Dainel stood up, he charged a ball of energy and threw it at her.
"You guys! Help me out I can't fight!" Sailor Moon wailed.
"I told you, you forgot something" Sailor Mariner said.
"Why not?" Raye yelled at her.
"She doesn't have anything to fight with," Sailor Mariner said to her, "Yet, that is." Amanda put her hands over her heart and she began to glow with a blue light and a wand appeared. It looked as if someone had chopped apart every wand and scepter Sailor Moon had ever had and glued them all together.
Serena ran by and grabbed it as she did. She skidded to a stop and said, "Great, now how the heck do I use it?"
"Um, probably a 'Moon Gorgeous Meditation' might work" Sailor Mariner replied.
Sailor Moon gave her a confused look but did what she said, "Moon Gorgeous Meditation!" In the beam of light the youma shattered and Raye was released from the wall.
"We're out of here," Dainel said as Malina stood up, then they both disappeared.
Everyone else looked over at Sailor Mariner. Tuxedo Mask and the Sailor Knights came running up the steps. So every one looked at them. "Guess we're late, huh?" Darien said stupidly.
"You know, we could've used your help!" Sailor Moon yelled at him.
"Not really, Sailor Mariner helped us out," Sailor Jupiter said.
Tuxedo Mask looked over at Sailor Mariner, he noticed the necklace she was wearing, the key looked familiar.
"Got to go," Sailor Mariner said quickly, she kissed her fingers and made a peace sign. Then flipped over the wall the way she had come.
"That girl gives me the creeps," Sailor Venus said.
"She does, no?" Antonio sort of replied.
A moment later Amanda came from around a corner with Raye's bike, and tried to give the most surprised expression she could manage. "Well, it's not everyday you see the Sailor Scouts at your home, nor Miss Hino hanging out with them." she said giggling.
Darien saw the necklace around her neck, 'It's the same one, she's Sailor Mariner."
Diary Entry IV
Date: Saturday, 26 April, 1997 True Date: 26 April, 2972

Dear Diary,
I think, Rose is suspicious if not that, then he knows. I don't know what he knows, but it's something. I'm not surprised. Maybe he can be my friend, he's really nice, and he likes me, I hope. But all I want to do is be friends, and that's all.
Yours,
Amanda
Scene VII
Amanda closed her diary, slipped it underneath her pillow, and turned over underneath her covers. She reached behind her head and turned off the small lamp. She sighed, and closed her eyes, and said, "I wonder if he really does know. If he does this could get interesting."

Amanda's dream…
A forest surrounded her; she was standing next to a small river with a waterfall nearby.
"What is this place? It's so beautiful," she said.
"If you have beautiful dreams, then your dream world is just as beautiful," a voice said from behind her. Amanda turned around to find Darien or none the less Tuxedo Mask minus the top hat and mask.
"Darien?" she said, "What are you doing here?" Amanda looked around; " Wherever here is."
Darien sat on one of the huge rocks near her; she came over and sat next to him. "This is your dream world. The more beautiful your dreams are, the more beautiful your dream world is. And I'm not surprised that you know I'm Tuxedo Mask. Since, you're Sailor Mariner." he said.
"I knew you knew something, and you aren't exactly Tuxedo Mask; you're not wearing a mask."
"You know, the necklace is a dead giveaway,"
Amanda reached for the necklace, "If this is my dream world, then why are you in it?"
"You want something from me, and you won't ask me in the real world, so I decided to see if you'd tell me here," he said, "If you want something just ask."
"Well, you see, that's the embarrassing part,"
"You want me to just be your friend right?"
"Sort of, but I wanted to be able to trust you,"
"I won't tell the others if that's what you mean," Darien said.
There were a few minutes of silence as Amanda thought about the people she knew she could trust at home, "Can we meet here again?"
"That's why I'm here, if you want to talk just come here, and I'll wait for you"
"But shouldn't you be having dreams about Serena?"
"When I don't come, rest assured I'm with Serena in my dreams,"
"Well, okay, but you can't tell anyone, especially Serena."
"I promise,"
Amanda's dream began to fade away, but the memory of it still remained in both of their minds.