Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Neo-Queen Serenity's Worst Nightmare! ❯ We have to find Rini!! ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Neo-Queen Serenity's Worst Nightmare
Chapter 3

Just then Serena woke up realizing she was screaming at the top of her lungs:

"NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO, DARIEN, RINI!!!!! NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
Serena cried out loud.

Darien's eyes flew open when he heard Serena screaming. He turned to her and took her in his arms. And realized that she also woke Rini up with a frantic look on her face.

"Serena, sweetheart!! Its ok. I'm right here. It's ok. SSSSShhhhhhh!!! I'm right here," Darien said calming her down.

"Mother are you ok? What is it? Why are you screaming like that?" Rini questioned.

"Darien, please help our daughter. We have to keep her safe from Rubeus. I have to face Rubeus alone. If I don't he will kill everyone I love," Serena cried.

"What are you talking about? You can not face Rubeus alone! Are you out of your mind? I will not let you put your life in danger, Serena, especially Rini's," Darien announced, "I will not allow it."

"Darien, but you don't understand why I am saying this. You were in my dream this time," she replied.

" What happened that caused you to see me in the dream?" he asked.

"Darien, I will not let Rubeus kill you because he was not able to kill me," Serena answered.

"What are you talking about?" he questioned.

"It was Rubeus. We were fighting over Rini, because he had taken her. Well, Rubeus, was talking to me and I was pleading for her life and for him to take mine instead and to spare Rini's. But anyways, while we were arguing a voice came out of nowhere telling me to leave and not to sacrifice my life that Rini will be safe," Serena cried, "I then turned around to see you standing there. Rubeus was surprised that you showed up, but he was wanting only me. He pulled his sword and came towards me to attack me, but when he saw you push me aside to save my life he tried to stop but was to late and his sword went straight through you. I fell to your side screaming because I had now lost you and my only daughter."

"Mom, you did not loose us. We are fine. We are right here. Nothing or nobody will hurt us. Dad will keep us safe. I know he will," Rini cried.

Serena took her daughter in her arms and held her close. She could not help crying while she was holding her. She was so shaken up from the dream. She did not know what to do any more.

"Serena, you have to realize that nothing is going to happen to you, Alex, or our precious Rini. I will not allow it and the Sailor Scouts will not allow it either. You know that we are here to protect yours and Rini's future," Darien replied.

"I'm scared of losing you, Rini, Alex, and the girls. I will not take any chances of all of you dieing over me," Serena announced.

"Serena, let's go home ok. You need some sleep," he replied.

He put one arm around Serena's shoulder and the other around Rini's and led them out to go home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------

As they showed up at there home, Darien saw that the lights where on. He had forgotten that today was Serena's birthday. When they reached their floor, Darien had asked Serena to sit down in the chair in the hall for a few minutes that he would be right back. Darien went down the hall and around the corner to their apartment. When Darien went to open the door, the lights shut off really quick.

"Hey, you guys are you here? It's just me Darien. I came to tell you something," Darien announced.

Alex then the light flipped back on.

"Oh, Darien, hi. Where's Serena? We thought her and Rini were with you?" Raye asked.

"They are. They are down the hall sitting in a chair near the stair well. But I came to tell you that when I bring her in please do not mention anything of Rini running away, Rubeus or anything that may deal with a dream," he replied.

Raye looked kind of snootly at Darien. 'Why is it when something goes wrong with Serena he is all sweet and always babing her?' Raye thought.

"Oh! Serena had another one of her dreams did she," Raye answered jealously.

"Knock it off Raye. This is not the time or place to be acting like a stuck up, snobby brat," Amara remarked with a smile.

That shut Raye right up. Raye just gave her a dazed look like she had just been offended and punched in the stomach.

"Look I am going to get, Serena and Rini, please try to behave and don't fight. Give me about 2 or 3 minutes. When you here me opening the door, don't say anything just be quiet until I come in with them and shut the door," Darien replied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---

Darien walked out of the apartment and returned to where Serena and Rini were waiting. When he arrived Serena was curled up in the chair crying and her arms around Rini. Rini had her arms around her mother also. Serena could not help but cry because of the horrible dreams she had the past few weeks. Rini glanced up and noticed her father standing there watching the two of them. Darien felt the same warm feeling in his body as he did when Rini came from to the past all those years ago and made a bond with Serena when they were not fighting. He remembered how Serena cried so desperately over Rini when she had left. And now he sees what the fuss was all about all those years ago. He realized that his wife and daughter were one of a kind and they really do love each other even though they do fight all the time.

"Serena, sweetheart! Come on let's go inside and that way you can lay down on the couch and relax. This way you can watch TV. Rini and me will make you something nice to eat along with that," Darien replied softly.

Serena glanced up at Darien and noticed that his eyes were warm and lovable. Serena stood up and leapt into Darien's arms and hugged him tightly.

"Darien, I love you so much. What would I do without you, Alex, and Rini in my life," she replied.

"That is one thing you will never have to worry about, mother. Because we will always be here in your life. We are not going no where. I can promise you that," Rini responded.

And she would make sure of that. 'She would not let her mother worry about her anymore. From now on I'll start doing what I am told and not argue with her or dad again.'

Serena turned around and pulled Rini into her arms and embraced her with a hug. She was surprised when Rini wrapped her arms back around her and hugged her back. After awhile Serena and Rini pulled away from each other and turned to walk towards the apartment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------

"Serena, when you get inside go straight over to the couch and lay down. I mean it. I want you to relax. Oh and by the way, my love, Happy Birthday. I'll admit I almost forgot but I didn't. The reason is because of all that is going on with your dreams, it made me sort of forget. I'm sorry Serena," Darien apologized, "and Happy Birthday to you Rini."

"Same here mother. We love you and we would rather you be the first on our minds before our birthday. You come first to the both of us," Rini announced.

With that Darien opened the door and lead Serena in by the arm. Rini came in after they walked in and shut the door. And with that the lights flew on and everyone of her friends where standing in her apartment.
"SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!" everyone shouted.

Serena and Rini looked in amazement. They could not believe that all their friends where at her house. The scouts were there, her son, her parents, Queen Serenity, The Four sisters, Molly & Melvin, and everyone else she could think of.

"Oh Darien. You lied to me. You said I was going to have peace and quiet," Serena argued.

"Hey! It's the only way to keep it a secret that you where being thrown a surprise party. We planned it last night while you where sleeping next to Rini at the palace. Speaking of which, I think it would be best for us to move the party there," Darien said.

"Did Rini know of this? It is her birthday also?" Serena asked.

"Wait! I have something to say. Helios, we need to talk," Serena argued.

Helios walked forward to see what his queen wanted. He knew what she was wanting to talk about. But there was no way he could really explain what was happening.

"You are the protector of dreams right? You are suppose to keep dreams beautiful and not let them get to the point of horror. Right?" Serena asked.

"Yes, but what are you talking..........." Helios questioned.

"Easy, these dreams I have are not suppose to happen. You are suppose to make sure that no one has a nightmare but it seems as though that is what is happening to me," Serena accused.

"Mother, stop....." Rini started.

"Rini, stay out of this. Helios explain yourself. Tell me why are you letting these dreams come to me but yet you stop them from going to others," Serena questioned.

"My Queen, please just wait. I have not done anything of the sort. I have not been able to stop the bad dreams you get is because someone or something has taken a limitation of powers from me and is causing you to have these dreams. I have tried to stop them but I don't have enough power to stop these dreams. You have to believe me when I tell you this. Please don't think I had anything to do with this. I did not have a thing to do with it. I promise," Helios pleaded.

"Well, can you explain how they are doing this? I pray that this ends soon and that you are right. I pray that I am able to pass these horror dreams and that you get your powers back to full strength," Serena answered.

"I have no explination on exactly how this happened, and I wish I could help. I promise on my oath to you and King Edymon that I will pay close attention to your dreams after this. And even after this is over," Helios answered.

"Ok, well you know what? Let's take this party to the palace, so that way there is enough room for everyone," Serena replied.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------

Everyone picked up things and started out the door and headed for the Palace to which Darien, Serena, Alex, and Rini would be living in not to long from now. When they reached the doors, Amy realized they where locked.

"Darien, did you lock the doors or what?" Amy asked.

"No, they should not be locked," he answered as he tried the doors.

"DAMN!! They are. Who in the Mega verse’s name would lock the palace doors?" he questioned.

"Watch out, Darien," Serena moved in.

"Umm.....Darien, exactly what are you suppose to use to use to open the lock on the doors?" Raye asked.

Serena looked at the doors and noticed that the only way to open the doors was with some kind of stone. She then realized that the lock looked like the Silver Crystal.

"A key. What else?" he replied.

"Well, that is not the kind of key hole you see on most doors," replied Lita.

Darien stepped forward and looked at the lock. Lita was right. That wasn't any type of lock he has seen.

"It looks as though you some kind of stone or something to open the door," Mina answered.

"Well, why not try your Silver Crystal and open it," some one said.

Serena looked at who said it and realized it was her mother Queen Serenity.

"Oh, right! That may just work," she replied.

Serena took her Silver Crystal and took it from the locket. She then placed the crystal in the hole. The crystal started to light up but then it faded as quickly as it shined.

"Now try and unlock it," Serenity said.

"It won't budge. Wait look right here. There's an inscription," Mina said.

"It says: This is the future home of the Tokyo Neo-Queen Serenity and Neo-King Edymon. The door to this Palace is unlock from the future crystal of Tokyo. The one who can open the crystal door lies within the hands of the future Queen." Serena read, "But I am the future Queen. I am the one who can unlock the door."

"But you already tried. And our next future Queen is Rini. It's her destiny. So maybe she should try,"
Raye replied.

"No, I can't allow that. Because if I do that then it may cause her future to change to something that is not her path. Yes, she may be our future Queen but there is one destiny I am trying my hardest to protect........." Serena replied but was cut off.

"Oh, just drop it and let me try, mother. You can not protect me from everything," Rini answered.

With that, Rini took the crystal from her mother and placed it in the slot to where the crystal fit. And when she did the crystal took on a bright light. As it did, the doors started to shake and rattle.

"Rini, watch out!" Serena pulled her away.

The doors then let out aloud thump. And all of a sudden the doors to the palace opened up. And they all looked in surprise.

"Well, Well, Well!! Look who opened the doors to the famous Crystal Palace," a voice from inside shouted.

Rini grabbed the crystal from the lock and handed it to her mother. But the crystal flew out of her hands and separated into 2 crystals. One landed back in Serena's hands the other formed a locket and floated in front of Rini waiting to be taken. Rini reached up and took the locket into her hands. Serena tried to grab it before Rini got to it. She was not fast enough and noticed Rini holding the locket in her hands and admiring it.

"Who are you? How did you get inside the palace?" Serena questioned.

"If you don't recognize my voice by now, then you are more pathetic than I thought. I hope they haven't frightened you out of a fight," the voice chimed.

"Rubeus, show yourself. I know its you," Serena answered.

Everyone of the scouts took there close friends and family and brought them to safety. They then returned and transformed into scouts.

"PLUTO DEATH......."

"MARS FIREBIRD......"

"Pluto, Mars, NO. you will destroy the palace," Sailor Moon screamed.

They looked at Sailor moon as if she lost her mind. But they stopped anyways just to keep from hearing her cry about a ruined palace that could be fixed by the crystal.

"Oh petty little kids. The only ones I want are Sailor Moon and her brat," Rubeus announced.

And with that Rubeus appeared in front of Rini and took her captive and disappeared.

"NNNOOOO, RINI!!!" everyone screamed.

"This can not be happening! Why are you doing this you creep? Let her go. She has nothing to do with this," Sailor Moon shouted.

"Sailor Moon, I think it we best get inside and help her before he does something that he will regret," Sailor Mars said.

They all decided to go on inside to face Rubeus face to face. Sailor Moon turned to everyone before all the scouts could enter.

"NO! No one is facing Rubeus except me. I am the one he wants. There is only one way you should be able to get in and that is if I end up in trouble and need your help. And also I want the Sisters to come with me. There may be away to save Rini and the Sisters all together. But the rest of you stay out here. Especially you Tuxedo Mask," Sailor Moon announced, " I don't need you getting hurt or doing anything that might get you killed. I don't care about anything anymore except to see that our little Rini does live to take over as Queen and that you my beloved Tuxedo Mask is there to watch over her and make sure she follows her destiny,"

"Sailor Moon, I will not let you go in there alone. I am going with you. I will not let you get your self or the Sisters in to any kind of trouble," Tuxedo Mask replied.

"My love, I love you very much. But Rini will need you just as much as she will need the Sailors. I want you to stay here, please? For the sake of our daughters future, Alex's future and the rest of Tokyo. Please do not follow me in. I love you and everyone else very much. I am not putting everyone else's life in danger," she replied.

Sailor Saturn spoke up, "Sailor Moon, please allow me to come with you. Rini is my best friend, and I have the ability to help out more than anything. Please let me join in this fight against this Rubeus?"

Sailor Moon looked at Saturn and pulled her into her arms and held her close. She started to get teary eyed when she hugged Saturn as if she was her mother.

"Oh, Saturn! Yes, you are Rini's best friend and she would want you to help me out to save her in time of need. But everyone else needs you too. We need you here in case something goes wrong and you are needed for something more important than to help me in case I am killed. This is my destiny. Please stay here and watch out for everyone. Especially Rini's father," Sailor Moon remarked.

With that Sailor Moon and the Four Sisters disappeared into the Palace as quick as possible.