Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Not Gonna Give In ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Not Gonna Give Up

by: aPpLeOrChArDgUrL

Author's Note: This story is set in AU. Luna and Artemis will not be in this story.

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon.

***********

Chapter One

***********

Serena sighed. It had been three years. Three long years since that day. She would never forget that day. It was the worst day of her entire life. She remembered every detail.

*Flashback*

She sighed. She made another bad grade. Her parents would totally kill her. She had just arrived at her house. Just then her mom appeared out of nowhere.

"Serena! Where have you been? You got detention again didn't you?" asked her mother. Ilene made the most disappointed sign.

"So, what did you score on your test?" she asked. She knew that Serena probably made a bad grade. "I made a 69." mumbled Serena.

"I can't hear you. You must speak clearly. What ever happened to your manners?" questioned her mother. "I made a 69," said Serena, "you can do whatever you want to me now!" shouted Serena. Then she ran towards her room.

"Don't ever speak to me that way young lady. You are grounded until I say it's over." screamed Ilene, after Serena's figure.

Sammy stopped Serena before she went into her room. "You made another bad score, huh? You are gonna get it now!" snickered Sammy. "Get out of my way!" she hissed.

Sammy slowly moved out of her way. Serena slammed the door behind her. Then she hopped on to her bed. She was crying her heart out.

It wasn't her fault that she couldn't show her true abilities around humans. If only her mother, Queen Serenity and Setsuna would allow her.

Then her communicator beeped. She searched around for it at first. She finally found it under her bed.

"Moon here." she answered. "Serena, we need you at the docks. Youma attack." said Mercury. "Alright. I'll be there in thirty minutes." The docks were on the other side of town.

She hoped that this didn't take long. Her mom would be mad. She had just been grounded till who knows when.

Quickly, she transformed. Then she headed towards the raging battle.

A couple of minutes after she left, Sammy came in her room. "TIme for din........" Sammy lookedaround the room. No one was in there. He smiled. "Oh Mom..." started Sammy. And he was off to tell his mom that Serena was gone.

At that same time, Ken Tsukino arrived home.

LATER ON

When Serena got back home from the battle, she had this strange feeling. She went downstairs. Her family hadn started dinner without her.

"Mom, Dad.." started Serena meekly. She guessed that they found out that she had left the house.

"Hello Serena. Nice of you to join us. Now would you mind packing all of your belongings." said her mom crisply.

"Are we going somewhere?" she asked. "We aren't going anywhere. You are. You aare being kicked out of this house and family." said Ken.

Then he stood up and lit a match. He then went in th kitchen and set some papers on fire in the sink. When the papers were destroyed, he turned the water on to distinguish the fire. He then returned to the table.

"You don't live here anymore, klutz." said Sammy.

"You see, Ken here destroyed your adoption papers. We are not your guardians any more. Now that we aren't, you must leave our property. You can take all of your things, because whatever you leave behind, will be burned." said Ilene.

"What...how?" stuttered Serena.

"You are a failure. You make bad grades. You came home late. You disobbey us. You get hurt doing who knows what. We can't put up wiht that anymore." said Ken.

"Futhermore, all you do is whine. You don't work. Sammy can do better than you. I don't know what we were thinking when we adopt you." said Ilene.

Serena , close to tears, now said,"You'll regret this. YOu'll see. Your life will bea liveing hell once I'm gone. I promise you that. You can take this back now, if you want a peaceful life."

"What we want is a life without you." said the three of them.

"Fine."

Serena then ran up the stairs, packed everything she needed, which was everything. She then put what she could in her sub-space pocket. Then she put her life's savings in her briefcase.(Most of the money came from Setsuna.) It was enough to let her buy a plane ticket and survive a couple of months where ever she decided to go.

Then she headed downstairs. "Goodbye." she said. "Is that all you're taking? Your school briefcase?" asked Sammy, but she ignored him.

As soon as she walked out of the door, she felt weak to the stomach. she wanted to leave this place. This city. This country, but she coulldn't leave her friends.

Serena finnally sorted all of the things out. She would leave for America. When she got ther, she would find a place to stay. Then she would notify her freinds by letter.

She walked all the way to the bus stop. Then headed for the airport. when she got there she bought a one-way ticket to Boston.

She waited for her flight to be called after that. She knew that it was okay to go to another country.

She was born in America. She had the paers to prove it. This, at least, she knew was true.

Just then her flight was being called. She boarded the plane and fell asleep right away.

*End Flashback*

This was where she ended. She was a model. She lived in Boston. She had finished high school. Then she went to college. She was currently attending Harvard.

When she was on the plane over to the States, Queen Serenity had visited her. She was allowed to use her true abilities now. She had said that there was no one to tie her down.

She used that to her advantage. She could act like the percon she really was inside. There would be no one to witness it though. Well, no one she knew.

She had sent the girls and Darien a letter about her sudden departure though. The letter didn't give them exact details. She didn't want them to track her down.

To Be Continued........