Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Princess ❯ Nightmares ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Princess
Chapter Seven: Nightmares
--------------------------------
“No!” In the middle of a dark room laid a goddess covered with a light blue sheet.
“No, get away from me!” The goddess scream in horror, she gripped the sheets as if it were the only grip on reality. In the corner of the room someone turned a light on making the darkness faded away into nothingness. The person sat on the bed,
“Michiru?” the person gently shock the goddess.
“Michiru wake up,” the person still shock the goddess.
“Wake up Michiru, you're having a nightmare.” The goddess eyes shot open and she sat up in bed with tears running down her cheeks, she looked at Haruka confused.
“Are you alright?” Haruka wiped off Michiru's tear with her thumb. Michiru turned her head and looked down at her sheets.
“Sorry I woke you up.” It was no more then a whisper.
“Don't worry Michiru you didn't wake me up.” Haruka started to rub her back to try and comfort her after her nightmare. She could feel Michiru trembling, she got up off the bed and walked over to the closet to get a blanket to try and keep her warm. She opened the closet door and froze, the closet was almost bare. She saw the blanket on the top shelf and reached for it then headed back to the bed wrapping it around Michiru's shoulders.
Haruka sat back down on the bed but further away then before, she just started at her what seemed for hours until Michiru looked at her kind of funny. Haruka looked down at the floor trying to hide her slightly blushed face, she looked back at the closet remembering the contents, `We have to go shopping tomorrow.' She thought as she looked into Michiru's eyes, `she looks so beautiful.' Haruka couldn't stop staring at her for some reason. Haruka finally broke eye contact and looked at the sheets. `I shouldn't think like that you're such a baka, you don't want to scare her.' Michiru couldn't help but stared back at Haruka's eyes, they looked like emeralds and full of mystery.
“Do you think you'll be alright after your nightmare?” Haruka stared at her hands as if they were the most interesting thing she ever looked at. Michiru could see the discomfort that Haruka was in,
“I'll be fine, thanks.” Michiru could see the relieve in Haruka's eyes. She had been having these nightmares since she moved in here, of her step father beating her every time she disobeyed him.
“If you need me for anything even in the middle of the night come and get me, okay?” Haruka left the room after getting a nod of agreement from Michiru. Michiru laid back down on her bed and closed her eyes, tears started to roll down her cheeks as she felt happy inside which she hadn't felt for a very long time.
----------------------------
Michiru woke up to the smell of bacon. She opened her eyes and looked at the clock, 10:30 am, she stretched her muscles getting out of bed, she put her housecoat on that was on the chair and walked out into the kitchen were the smell was coming from. In the kitchen Haruka was cooking on the stove and Hotaru was in her high chair playing with her spoon. Haruka felt someone watching her so she turned around and faced Michiru.
“Good morning Michiru.” Haruka put a plate on the table with bacon, eggs and toast on it.
“Breakfast is served.” Haruka smiled as she looked at Michiru reaction, she was very surprised. No one has ever made breakfast for her not even her father. She felt tears burning behind her eyes but she wouldn't let them fall, she had cried to much in her life, either from pain or heartbreak. Michiru sat down at the table and started to eat her food.
“I didn't know you could cook.” Haruka laughed as she turned around to finish her own plate and brought it over to the table to join Michiru and Hotaru.
“I can cook some things,” Haruka shoved a quarter of her egg in her mouth “and eggs and bacon just happens to be mine specialty.” Michiru smiled as she bit her toast. They finished their breakfast and started to clean up.
“Do you want to feed Hotaru for me?” Haruka asked as she filled the sink with water. Michiru looked at her uncertain.
“I don't know how...” Haruka cut her off.
“It's very simple actually,” she walked over to the fridge and got a jar of food and gave it to Michiru, “just put some food on the spoon and put it in her mouth, the only hard thing is to get her to open her mouth.” Haruka started to wash the dishes as Michiru walked over to a hungry baby, she sat down beside her and opened the jar; she felt very nervous about hurting her. She put some food on the spoon and tried to give it to Hotaru, she wouldn't open her mouth.
“Aren't you hungry Hotaru?” Michiru tried again but she wouldn't open her mouth.
“Haruka I can't get her to open her mouth, what should I do?” Haruka walked over to them and smiled at Hotaru's face, her nose was curled up.
“You have to make the spoon sound like an airplane.” Haruka watched as Michiru tried to do an airplane sound; Hotaru opened her mouth and accepted the food, Michiru smiled as Hotaru wanted more food.
Haruka finished the dishes and came over to the table, Hotaru face was covered with food. “Are you enjoying your food princess?” Hotaru nodded her head yes. Haruka picked her up out of the highchair and started to walk over to the kitchen.
“Hey Michiru, do you want to come with me to get some more clothes for Hotaru today?” Haruka hoped that she would say yes so she could get some more clothes for Michiru as well.
“Sure, okay.” Michiru walked back into her room and got ready to go out for the afternoon. She opened her closet and looked at all her cloths which weren't much; she had three pairs of jeans, four t-shirts, a jacket and a pair of running shoes. She chose black jeans and a blue t-shirt and her runners.
Michiru walked into the living room, Haruka was standing at the door wearing a nice pair of dark blue jeans and a black dress shirt and Hotaru was wearing a cute purple dress. Michiru felt ashamed of what she was wearing as she walked out the door with them.
-----------------------------------
Haruka pushed Hotaru in her stroller down the sidewalk to one of the baby stores. Michiru walked beside them but didn't feel like she belonged to that happy family. She sighed as they enter the store,
“Are you okay?” Michiru never even noticed that Haruka stopped in the entrance of the store. Michiru looked up at her and nodded her head yes. Haruka walked in the store while Michiru stood in the entrance and watch Haruka picking out outfits for her daughter.
“Hey Michiru,” Michiru walked over to her, “why don't you pick out something for Hotaru well I get some more clothes over here?”
“Alright,” Michiru walked over to the stuff animal section and looked around for that special toy, after searching for awhile she found it. She paid for it with the money that Haruka gave her, `I hope she likes it.' She walked back over to them.
“Are you ready to go to another store?” Haruka pushed the stroller out of the store and back onto the sidewalk. `Now to a store that Michiru would like.'
They were walking for awhile until Haruka noticed that Michiru was staring at the window of one store. `Perfect.' Haruka pushed the stroller up to the store entrance, “you coming Michiru?” She walked into the store with Michiru following behind.
“How may I help you sir?” One of employees asked as they entered.
“I was wondering if you could help my friend find some nice clothes.” Michiru eyes widen as she realized that she was talking about her.
“No that's alright Haruka, I have enough clothes.” Michiru was shaking her head, refusing Haruka's help. Haruka grabbed her hand and looked into her eyes,
“I'm just paying you back for all the things that you have done for me?” Haruka smiled as Michiru mouthed a `no.'
“Come on Michiru, it won't hurt you.” Michiru gave up and let Haruka guide her to the dressing room. Michiru walked behind the curtain as one of the workers had a hand full of dresses, pants, shirts, you name it. Haruka sat in one of the chairs that was in the dressing room and parked the stroller beside her picking Hotaru out of it and sitting her on her knee.
“You want to watch Michiru's trying on different outfit's princess?” Hotaru clapped her hands and laughed.
“I guess that's a yes.” Haruka waited for Michiru to come out with a different outfit on.
Michiru stood in front of the mirror in the dressing room, the outfit she had on was beautiful, she had never had such a soft material touch her skin before. She pulled back the curtain and stood in front of Haruka, waiting for her opinion.
Haruka couldn't believe the sight before her Michiru looked beyond beautiful; she just stared at her not saying a single word.
“Aren't you going to say something?” Michiru stood there in an aqua coloured shirt with a v-shaped neck, it hugged all her curves very nicely, her pants were white with a dolphin on the right leg.
“You look very beautiful Michiru.” Haruka heart was beating a little faster ever second she looked at her. Michiru went behind the curtain to change into something else. `I don't know if I can handle this?' Haruka looked down at Hotaru who was playing with her shirt.
Michiru came out behind the curtain more beautiful than before, Haruka heart was pounding ever so fast; it felt like it would leap out of her chest. The last outfit was a gown, it fit her perfectly, it was held up by spaghetti straps, the colour matched her hair perfectly, the back came to a little bow, it showed all her curves and it past her ankles, a necklace dangled between her collar bone. Again Haruka couldn't talk, she got up off the chair she was sitting on and circle Michiru.
“Why do I need a gown for, I'll never wear it to a party.” Michiru stomach started to get butterflies in it, `what is she going to say about it?' Michiru took a deep breath as she waited for a response.
“We'll take it, you look beautiful in it.” Michiru wanted to say more about it but was silenced by Haruka finger being placed on her lips.
Michiru went back into the changing room and changed into her regular cloths. Haruka put Hotaru back into the stroller and waited for Michiru to come out.
“You have a very cute daughter, sir.” One of the employees looked at Hotaru, “You and your wife must be very happy.” The employee looked at Haruka eyes,
“Thanks we are very happy,” Haruka wanted to change the topic fast.
“So were do I pay for all this stuff?” The worker led her and her daughter over to the cash register. Michiru stood in the dressing room, tears burning her eyes as she heard what Haruka said to the employee. `If only it were true.' She walked out of the dressing room and over to Haruka and Hotaru. Haruka smiled as she heard Michiru talking to Hotaru.
“Thanks,” Haruka grabbed the bags of clothes and asked Michiru if she would push the stroller.
They walked over to a near by park and stopped at a bench and sat down.
“Thanks for the clothes Haruka.” Michiru looked down at the stroller, Hotaru was sleeping.
“No problem,” Haruka was looking at the playground were kids were playing with their friends.
----------------------------------