Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Princess ❯ Pain Comes in Different Types ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Princess
Chapter Eight: Pain Comes in Different types
----------------------------------
Michiru stood in front of the changing table holding a diaper trying to figure out which was the front. Hotaru lied on the table waiting patiently for her diaper playing with a new toy that Michiru bought her. Michiru smiled as she looked down at the babbling baby, she put the diaper on her.
“There you go princess, nice and clean.” She dressed Hotaru in her cute little outfit and carried her into the kitchen and sat her in her high chair.
“Are you hungry princess?” Hotaru squealed in delight, Michiru opened the fridge and got her mash out then sat beside Hotaru. She fed Hotaru like Haruka showed her over a month ago.
“It's too bad your daddy wasn't able to stay for breakfast, eh princess?” Racing session was coming up shortly and Haruka had to go and practise, making sure her car was in top condition before competition.
“All finished?” Hotaru yawned as Michiru picked her up and carried her over to the living room; Hotaru grabbed hold of Michiru's shirt and leaned her head against her chest closing her eyes. Michiru took a deep breath, she had never felt so much love in her live, she sat down on the couch watching Hotaru sleep, not wanting to let go.
----------------------------------
Haruka sat behind the steering wheel of her race car, the car shook as the engine rumbled to life,
“Alright Tenoh, let's see if you still got it.” Haruka smiled as the lights in front of her turned from red to green. She gunned the engine as she shifted gears and flew down the race track feeling the wind pass her body. All of a sudden Haruka felt her left arm go numb than the left side of her face,
“Not now!” She slowed the car down.
“Tenoh, what's the matter?” A voice over the headphones blasted in her ear.
“I'm coming in.” Haruka drove to the pit and got out of her car taking off her helmet.
“What's the matter Tenoh?” One of the mechanics asked as she walked pass him, Haruka didn't respond, she just headed for the locker room. The room was empty, she opened her locker and got a bottle out; she opened it and shoved four pills into her mouth. She could feel her tongue going numb; she sat down on the cement floor leaning her head against the lockers closing her eyes. Haruka heard the door open and someone walked in, she kept her eyes close as the footsteps got closer to her.
“Are you alright Haruka?” She could hear the squeak of the bench as the person sat down in front of her.
”I'm fine,” she rubbed her temples as her head started to ache, she knew she wasn't fine and she didn't want to think of what was going to happen in the next 24 hours.
“You know Haruka, you shouldn't lie to me.” Haruka opened her eyes and familiar eyes stared back at her. A young woman in her early thirty's with reddish eyes and long dark green hair sat in front of her with her legs crossed.
“Sets!” Haruka got up off the floor and sat on the bench next to the lady.
“I thought you were in Paris still.”
“Most of my models got sick so I had to cancel the show.” Setsuna looked at Haruka's face, her face was very pale and her eyes were a darker green.
“We better get you home.” Setsuna stood up and offered Haruka her hand, Haruka stood up but soon regretted it, she felt very dizzy and her sight was going fuzzy, Setsuna held on to her arm to steady her.
“It's going to be a bad one, isn't it?” Setsuna lead them to her car.
“I'm afraid so.” Haruka sat in the passenger's seat of Setsuna's car and closed her eyes as Setsuna drove to her house.
----------------------------------
Michiru decided to tidy up the house while Hotaru slept. She was in the kitchen cleaning up the breakfast dishes when she heard the door bell ring.
“I wonder who that is.” She walked over to the door and opened it, a young woman with long dark green hair stood there,
“How may I...” Michiru looked at the women than caught a glimpse of blonde hair that stood at the bottom of the step.
“Haruka?” The blonde looked up at her without an expression, pain shinned in her eyes.
“What happened?” Michiru looked at the woman who was a half a head taller than her.
“She is starting to get a migraine.” The lady helped Haruka up the steps and into the house.
“Migraine?'' Michiru heard of people getting them but didn't know what exactly happened to the person.
“Yeah, she gets them very badly, the worse kind a person can get.” They lead Haruka over to the couch and sat her down, by now Haruka wasn't herself; her head was paining her causing her to hold her head.
“We should get her into bed.” Michiru and the lady helped Haruka up to her bedroom.
“Oh, by the way I'm Setsuna Meioh.”
Haruka lied in her bed with three blankets on and a hot water bottle over her forehead.
“The best thing for her now is sleep.” Setsuna whispered to Michiru as she slowly closed the door behind them. They walked into the living room where two cups of tea sat on the coffee table,
“How long has Haruka been having these headaches for?” Michiru sipped her tea,
“She started to get them when she was a teenager.” Both of them drank their tea in silence until the crying of a baby broke it.
“Excuse me.” Michiru went into Hotaru's new room which use to be Haruka's trophy room and picked her up.
“What's the matter princess?” Michiru wiped the tears off of Hotaru's face and kissed her forehead; Hotaru stopped crying and held onto Michiru's thumb, Michiru smiled.
“Do you want to meet our guest?” Michiru walked into the living room where Setsuna sat waiting. Setsuna smiled as she saw Michiru and the little baby coming towards her.
“Wow, she has grown a lot since the last time I seen her.” Setsuna now held Hotaru who had her little hands wrapped around her long hair. Michiru looked at her confused,
“I was a friend of Haruka's sister and I went to see her and her new baby girl, when she was a month old.” For a second Setsuna eyes looked sad but as soon as it happened it was gone and happiness remained.
“That was over four months ago.” Setsuna looked down at the baby in her arms and smiled, `you surely look like your mother Hotaru.'
A loud crash came from Haruka's room; Michiru got up off the couch and quickly walked to Haruka's room and opened the door, Haruka sat on her bed holding her head, on the floor laid her lamp which broke into three pieces.
“Haruka?” Michiru whispered and walked over to the blonde, she stopped in her tracks, Haruka's eyes were closed and tears were running down her face.
“It's too much!” Haruka opened her eyes and looked at Michiru. Michiru swallowed hard, she looked into Haruka's eyes; they were filled with so much pain. She stepped closer to her.
“To much what?” Michiru took one of Haruka's hands in her own,
“Pain!” More tears ran down her face, Haruka started to shiver,
“Come on Haruka, lay back down.” Michiru helped her lay down and covered her up with the three blankets. She went and filled the hot water bottle up with more hot water and put it on Haruka's throbbing head.
“Thanks,” Haruka whispered as she felt the warmth of the hot water, Michiru stood off to the side and waited for Haruka to fall asleep.
To be continued...