Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Princess ❯ Hotaru's First Words ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Princess
 
AN: It's been a while since I update this story!! I just looked and it was in 2004 I last updated. I knew were I wanted the next chapter to go but I couldn't figure out how to start it. You might want to reread the first eight chapters just to refresh your memory…I know I had too….
 
-----------------------------------
 
Chapter Nine: Hotaru's First Word
 
The sun peered through the curtain making it bright inside the bedroom. Underneath the blankets a few blonde strains of hair stuck out, the growling of a stomach brought the blonde out of her sleep. The blonde climbed out from the mountain of blankets that were on top of her, she slowly stood from the bed and made her way to the door. Upon opening her door the sound of laughter echoed through the hallway, the blonde slowly made her way to the sound of the laughter. In the living room sat Michiru on the floor who was making funny faces at Hotaru, a small smile crept over her face.
 
“Morning,” she walked closer to the two,
 
“Morning,” Michiru picked up Hotaru and stood with her in her arms, “How are you feeling?” Haruka ran her hand through her messy hair, “Like a truck ran over my head.” She looked into her adopted daughter's beautiful eyes and gently took her little hand in her own. “How's my little princess doing?” Hotaru's other little hand reached up to Haruka, “Papa,” Haruka and Michiru's eyes widen in surprise; they both looked at each other.
 
“Hotaru…you just said papa,” the five month old baby laughed at her papa's shocked face.
 
-----------------------------------
 
The sun was high in the sky making everyone cheerful not just because it was warm out but because it was quitting time from work. At the Tenoh's residence in the living room sat a blonde with there eyes closed; in there arms they held a very cute baby girl that had black hair. In the kitchen Michiru was busy preparing dinner for the three of them. As she waited for the chicken to cook she decided to go and check on the blonde.
 
She stood beside the couch and couldn't help but smile. Haruka cradled Hotaru in her arms and rested her head against the back of the couch. Hotaru held Haruka's shirt in her little hands not wanting to let go of her papa. After awhile of watching the two Michiru went back into the kitchen to finish making dinner.
 
“Haruka,” Michiru sat next to her on the couch and shook her gently, “Haruka.” The blonde opened her eyes and looked over to Michiru, “Supper is ready.” Michiru could see the tiredness in her eyes and on her face, Haruka nodded her head and went to get up but couldn't, her strength was gone from the previous night. “Could you take her for me I can't get up with her in my arms.” Michiru carefully took Hotaru into her arms making sure not to wake her, “Do you want me to put her in her crib?” The blonde nodded her head then watched Michiru leave the room; Haruka slowly stood from the couch, she still had a headache but not as bad as before. She made her way into the kitchen and sat at the table; she closed her eyes and rested her head against her hand waiting for Michiru to return.
 
Michiru laid Hotaru in her crib and covered her with her blanket, “Have pleasant dreams Hotaru,” she kissed her on the forehead then left the room and headed for the kitchen. A smile came to her face as she walked into the kitchen; it looked like Haruka had fallen asleep again. `Poor Haruka,' Michiru stood next to her and placed her hand on her shoulder, “Haruka?” the blonde moved slightly, “Hmm…”
 
“Why don't you go to bed if you're so tired?” Haruka opened her tired eyes and looked at her friend. “What about dinner, you put…” Michiru smiled at her, “Don't worry about it. I'll make you up a plate and put in the fridge for later.” Haruka stood from her chair and looked to her friend, “Thanks Michiru…you're so thoughtful…I don't know what me and Hotaru would do without you.” She turned to leave, “Haruka…” Michiru looked down to the table, “Yeah?”
 
“I…I umm…” she couldn't get her words out, “…goodnight Haruka.” The blonde smiled at her stuttering. “Good night Michiru.”
 
------------------------------
 
The stadium was packed with eager fans waiting for the first race of the season to begin. Down in the pit area was an aqua haired woman and a black haired woman, one of the women held a baby in her hands who was wide awake looking around at all the busy people. “This is so exciting Setsuna, I never been to a racetrack before.”
 
“Just wait until the race begins and it gets really busy in here.” The three of them sat off to the side of the garage so they wouldn't get in the way of the mechanic. Off in the distance a blonde who wore a white and red race suit stood next to their car watching the mechanic doing last minute repair. Every so often the blonde would look over to the two women with the baby, “I'll be right back.” The blonde made there way over to the three of them, “Are you enjoying yourselves?” The baby reached up with her arms towards the driver, “Hey princess.” Haruka picked up her daughter in her strong arms; Hotaru grabbed hold of her thumb and squealed in delight, the three women laughed at the little ones amusement.
 
“Hey Tenoh!” The mechanic that was looking at her car yelled at her across the garage. “Looks like I got to go get ready,” she kissed the top of Hotaru's head and handed her back to Michiru. “I'll see you guys at the finish line.” The blonde took off towards her car leaving the three by themselves. “Be safe Haruka,” Michiru whispered to no one in particular.
 
-----------------------------
 
The crowd erupted into a cheer as the first car crossed the finish line. The driver of the car pulled into the pit and got out of the car after taking the steering wheel off. The driver was immediately surrounded by the pit crew, the fans and the press. Pictures were snapped left and right of the driver. The driver undid the strap to there helmet and removed it from there head revealing blonde hair. The smile on the blonde's face was priceless, “Congratulation Tenoh!” Someone yelled from the crowd. Haruka scanned the crowd looking for a certain group of people, once she spotted them her smile grew wider. She made her way through the crowd over to them.
 
“Great job Haruka,” Setsuna knew her friend would place first just like every other time she raced. “Thanks Setsuna.”
 
“That was amazing,” Michiru still couldn't believe how exciting racing was to watch from in the pit. “I'm glad you liked it.” The flashing of camera's brought Haruka's attention away from her friends. “Tenoh…who are these pretty girls you are talking to?” One of the reporters shouted from the crowd. “They're friends of mine.”
 
“Is that your daughter in the woman's arms?” another reporter shouted at her. “Yes it is,” more shouting was heard but Haruka ignored them as Hotaru reached for her papa. Haruka smiled lovingly at her and rubbed her finger over her cheek. “I'd hold you Hotaru but I smell like exhaust and I don't want you to get sick from it.” Hotaru still reached for her papa determined to get her attention, “Papa!” A loving smile came to her face at her persistent little girl who was saying papa more. “I guess once she starts talking you can't stop her,” Haruka took her daughter in her arms and kissed her forehead. Hotaru squealed; she was excited to be in her papa's arms again.
 
------------------------------------------
 
The smell of lemon scented cleaner came from the kitchen where an aqua haired woman kneeled on the floor. She had her hair up in a pony tail and a bandana wrapped around the top of her hair to keep it away from her face. Two beads of sweat rolled down her cheek from all the hard work she had just done over the past two hours.
 
“Wow Michiru…” at the doorway stood Haruka who just got home from the race track. “It looks very clean in here.” Haruka knelt down to Michiru's level. “Thank you,” Michiru looked across the shiny floor. “You know you didn't have to do the cleaning...” Haruka stood from her kneeling position, “I'm capable of doing it you know.” Michiru stood, “I just thought it would be nice if it was clean in here when you got home.” Haruka grinned at her, “That was very thoughtful of you…and by the way you look really cute with that bandana.” Haruka chuckled as she left a blushed Michiru behind.
 
In the living room sat Hotaru in her play pin playing with one of her many stuffed animals. “Hey sweetheart,” Hotaru looked up at her papa and reached for her. Haruka bent over the pin and picked up her daughter then went over to the couch. She flipped through a magazine letting Hotaru look at all the pictures. Michiru came into the room still with her bandana on and sat beside them.
 
“I was thinking Michiru…” Haruka looked to her, “since you did all that work for me…I think I'll go get us some supper from that little restaurant you like.”
 
“You don't have to Haruka…I can cook…” Michiru sat on the edge on the couch.
 
“I know… I thought it would be nice for a change…you know give you a break.” Haruka was determined to let Michiru relax and not worry about dinner for once. “Me and Hotaru will go get it,” Haruka stood from the couch and left the room before Michiru could say anything.
 
“What do you think of a relaxing bath for Michiru Hotaru?” Haruka sat Hotaru on the floor in the bathroom with her stuffed dolphin and turned her attention to the tub. She turned on the faucet filling the tub with very warm water then she went to the cupboard and got out a nice smelling bottle of bubble bath. Soon the tub was filled with warm water and an enormous mountain of bubbles. “I think that will do it,” Haruka turned to face her daughter, “Are you ready to go get some supper Hotaru?” The little girl looked up at her papa confused but then put her hands up to be picked up again. The two of them exited the bathroom in search for someone.
 
Michiru still was seated on the couch when Haruka and Hotaru came back into the room, “Michiru,” she looked up to the blonde. “Can you do me a favour?” Michiru stood from the couch, “Sure.”
 
“Can you go into the bathroom?” Michiru raised her brow questioning the blonde. “I want you to relax when we are gone…you know just lay around enjoying yourself…” Michiru looked to the bathroom then back to Haruka. “What do you want me to do in the bathroom?” Haruka smiled at her, “Just go and see what I have done in there.”
 
Not being to sure about this Michiru made her way over to the bathroom where the smell of lavender drifted past her nose. She looked back to the blonde who was putting Hotaru in her stroller. Haruka opened the front door and pushed the stroller out then before she shut the door she turned and winked at Michiru, “Enjoy!”
 
---------------------------------------
 
Michiru entered the bathroom; she smiled at what the blonde had done. It looked like the tub was just filled with bubbles. Michiru removed her clothes and slipped into the warm water, it went up to her neck. A content sigh escaped her lips as her sore muscles started to relax, she closed her eyes enjoying the warm water.
 
------------------------------------
 
Haruka pushed the stroller down the street, she could hear Hotaru giggling. Haruka walked over to a little restaurant and opened the door then pushed the stroller inside. She made her way over to the counter, “So Hotaru…what do you think Michiru would want?” Haruka looked down to her daughter who was now playing with her stuff animal. “What a cute girl you have,” a young woman came over to them and looked into the stroller, “How old is she?”
 
“She is six months,” Haruka smiled at her baby girl who was enjoying the attention of this woman. “You must very proud of her,” the woman looked to the blonde and smiled. Haruka nodded her head.
 
“May I help who is next please,” a guy behind the counter yelled out. The woman left Haruka and Hotaru alone and went to order her dinner.
 
Haruka placed her order and went over to the waiting area and sat down with the stroller right beside her.
 
“Hello Haruka,” a dark green haired woman sat beside the blonde. Haruka looked over to the woman and smiled, “Hey Setsuna.” The tanned woman smiled at her friend then looked to the stroller, “And how is little Hotaru today?” Hotaru looked up to the friendly woman and waved her arms around wanting out of the stroller. “Where's Michiru?” Setsuna looked around the little restaurant. “She's at home relaxing,” Haruka leaned back against the chair with her hands behind her head. “Setsuna…can I ask you something?” Haruka looked to her dear friend; Setsuna looked at the blonde with a worry look. It sounded like Haruka was worried about something. “Sure,” the tanned woman leaned back in her chair.
 
“Well…” Haruka leaned forward in her chair and rested her elbows on her knees, “Michiru has been living with me for awhile now and…” she ran her hand through her hair. “I want to do something special for her… for helping me with Hotaru…but I don't know what.”
 
“How did you meet her anyways?”
 
A smile came to the blonde's face, “She literally ran into me.” Setsuna's eyes widen in surprise, “Really?” Haruka nodded her head yes. “She seems like a nice girl…I guess you're lucky to have her,” Setsuna tired to think of something that Haruka could do for her. “Isn't there a party coming up?” Every year the sponsors and the racers all got together at a hall and had a big party at the beginning of the new season. “Next Saturday…but what will I do with Hotaru…?” Haruka looked to her daughter. “I'll look after her,” Setsuna was looking forward to getting to know her friend's new daughter.
 
----------------------------------------
 
Michiru stood in front of her mirror in her room, her reflection stared back at her. She wore the beautiful gown that Haruka bought her awhile ago; the dress fit perfectly to her body. The colour matched her hair perfectly; it was like the dress made especially for her body.
 
“Are you ready to go Michiru?” Haruka lightly tapped on the door.
 
“I am,” Michiru smoothed out the few wrinkles on the dress and came over to the door and opened it. Haruka stood there with an awe expression on her face, “You…you look beautiful,” she finally managed to say something. “Thank you,” Michiru lightly blushed. “Shall we go?” Haruka still stared at the beautiful woman in front of her. Michiru nodded her head and followed the blonde into the living room where Setsuna and Hotaru were.
 
“Wow Michiru…you…you look beautiful,” Setsuna looked her up and down amazed at the gown she wore, “You could be a model.”
 
-----------------------------------------
 
I know it's not very long but at least it's an update…right??? Let me know what ya think. And my other story `DEBS' I have started the next chapter…so it will be updated soon.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
6