Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon: Crystal Chronicles ❯ The Eve of The Storm ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Night had fallen upon the Moon Kingdom, and another shower of starlight and grace began to fill the darkness. However, the Senshi were not ready to watch the show as they did the other night. Things were different. Nephrite left another message claiming that in some odd hours, war would be waged upon them. As Queen Usagi declared, the Sailor Senshi must stand together throughout the darkness, and fight this new war. Each of the twelve Sailor Senshi was busy with some form of action upon this night.
 
Ami Mizuno, the one and only Sailor Mercury, laid across her bed in her rather large room on the West-end of the Moon Kingdom. Close to her aqua hair was a cellphone and on the other line was her lover of sometime, the psychic Urawa. Though the two did not see each other in quite sometime, the love and friendship that they built over the years remained the same. As of now, Ami was in heaven and her love for Urawa was shone in their conversation that was going on right at this time.
 
“Urawa-kun, right after this battle is over I'm going to spend a whole week with you in the city to catch up with you.” Ami said naïvely as she started to blush. “Being a Senshi is very tiring, but I'm sure I could be with you.”
 
“I'll be awaiting you Ami-chan. I've missed your scent, the way you walk, your laughter……trust me, once you visit, it'll be something you'll never forget.” Urawa said with sass that made Ami squeal with schoolgirl delight as her possible last talk with Urawa continued to transpire.
 
 
Two rooms down from Ami was the room of Minako Aino, also known as Sailor Venus. Never the one for books, Minako actually caught the time to catch up on her latest romantic novel “Oppression of The Heart”, and was teary-eyed. Apparently, the lead character Jun had just found out that her lover Ryo had left her and moved to Tangiers with his mistress, Mai. Minako really was sad for Jun; the writer had made her to be a very lovable and sensible protagonist. Turning the pages, the tears continued to stain the book and her blonde kimono that she was wearing. The tears were a mix of her compassion for Jun, and her nervousness for the impending final battle with the Chronus Knights. But Minako was strong, and was determined to pull through for her team of Sailor Senshi. As she begun to read, she laughed since she found out that Ryo had an incurable STD and that his mistress fell down a flight of stairs. She learned that there was indeed justice in the world.
 
Next door to Minako's room, was Rei Hino the incomparable Sailor Mars. Her room was fairly standard and now, a fire began to rage from her fireplace. The fire was very symbolic to Rei, and her family. The Hikawa Shrine in the city had many visitors and was the prime place to go for fortunetelling and mystical advisory. By using the magic and life that is within the fire element, Rei and her family were able to read or at least seek comfort in the heat. Her hair loose and sprawled on the back of her red kimono, and small beads of sweat covering her forehead, Rei stayed in prayer position and chanted some words as the fire began to grow.
 
“Rin……..pyou……….tou.” Rei said these words and threw more salt into the fire as it became stronger and even more powerful on this night.
 
“Sha…….kai………..jin.” Rei continued as the inferno began to scorch and heated the room up even more. Now, the room became darker as the fire filled the room in red.
 
“Retsu……..sai……..zen!!!!” Rei yelled finally as she opened her eyes and pointed for the flame. Suddenly, the fire began to glow brightly, and suddenly words came from it.
 
“Patience wields persistence.” The fire spoke out, as Rei looked on with wide-eyes and her mouth covered. Before she could respond back to the raging inferno, the fire quickly extinguished leaving nothing but ash in its wake. Luckily for Rei, nothing got on her, but she still could not believe the extent of her prayers. The statement the fire had made stayed with her as she rubbed the sweat from her forehead and crawled into her bed.
 
Not the one for sleeping on the eve of a big battle the was to occur, Makoto Kino, the thunderous Sailor Jupiter worked out her aggressions and nervousness by sparring in the training room with the two guards, Zoicite and Kunzite; King Endymion's trusted warriors as we learned previously. Clad in her Sailor Senshi gear, Jupiter sprung numerous thunder attacks toward Zoicite, who dodged them before being attacked by her patented `Sparkling Wide Pressure'. Kunzite would feel the effects of Sailor Jupiter's `Supreme Thunder' attack as she got into fighting stance once more. Fighting was how Jupiter could ease the tensions within, and she would not have had it any other way.
 
`Fighting and war are one in the same. You fight to stay alive and you fight in war to survive. I am ready for destruction and chaos no matter what, because in the end the Moon Kingdom will be successful!' Sailor Jupiter reassured herself as she began to restart her battle with Kunzite and Zoicite.
 
Lastly, the beautiful Queen Usagi sat upon her bed playing a childish game with her young daughter, Chibiusa. Both with matching silk gowns, the two laughed at one another and then they're attentions gazed toward King Endymion who was looking at the night, starry sky. Both walking for his direction, the two royal females cornered their patriarch as he laughed and welcomed them.
 
“I love you all, you know that right?” King Endymion questioned them as the stars continued to sparkle and such.
 
“Yes, and we love you.” Usagi said as she gave him a soft kiss.
 
“This war is no joke, Usa-ko. I do not want you fighting tomorrow; we could lose our child. Something that I do not want you to go through.” Endymion said. “You are not to fight either Chibiusa.”
 
“Why shouldn't I fight? I am the queen of this kingdom. Nothing bad will come of me, I swear to it.” Usagi said sort of forcefully to her husband. “Besides, this child is a miracle. It heals my every misfortune, Endymion-sama.”
 
“But to what extent? If you miscarry, I could never forgive myself. Promise me you won't fight tomorrow.” Endymion said with pleading eyes.
 
“But…” Usagi was cutoff.
 
“Promise me.”
 
“O-okay honey. I promise.” Usagi said, as Endymion hugged her. But as she felt her husband's warmth, she knew that she had told him a boldfaced lie which she knew she would regret in the future.
 
`The very safety of the Moon rests upon my shoulders, I am a Senshi and of course I will fight. Forgive me, Endymion.' Usagi told herself as she pulled into another embrace watching the stars with her family.
 
 
On the East wing of the Moon Kingdom were rooms for the Outer Senshi who recently joined up with the Inner Senshi for this new struggle. Sharing a room together were the two lovers, Michiru Kaioh and Haruka Ten'ou, better known as Sailor Neptune and Sailor Uranus. Just finished from consummating their love, a strong scent of sex filled their room, but the two were in complete bliss. Both wrapped in blankets and in each other's arms, sweat had covered their bodies.
 
“That was a way to relieve stress, now wasn't it?” Michiru laughed with Haruka after she finished that comment.
 
“It was wonderful; I am in love with you.” Haruka said as she kissed Michiru upon her lips.
 
“I hope this is not the last time we do this either.” Michiru said looking up at the ceiling.
 
“You never know, the love we made tonight could be the last and only time we ever did, Michiru-san.” Haruka said putting her arms under her head now. Michiru lightly stroke Haruka's golden hair, and looked at her beautiful face.
 
“I want you to know something. If we should die tomorrow, I would gladly join you either in the halls of Heaven or the depths of Hell. My love is yours eternally.” Michiru told Haruka who was very touched by the comment. A tear fell from her eye, as Michiru kissed it away. Without saying a word, Haruka put Michiru back into her arms, and slowly and tenderly started to make love to her once more.
 
All the while, I Sailor Saturn stood at the Room of Time and Space along with my accomplices, Sailor Pluto, Sailor Millennium and Sailor Orbit. I could sense the feelings, the emotions, and the romances going on in the Moon Kingdom, all throughout Crystal Tokyo. Sailor Orbit and Sailor Millennium were in control of tonight's star show again; they hoped that it would relieve the Sailor Senshi of the stress of the impending doom, but they all were too busy to take notice.
 
“He won't let her fight, correct?” Sailor Pluto questioned me as I looked toward her. I gave her a light but nervous smile, something I would not usually do.
 
“Yeah. But I have a feeling that the Queen won't take that one lying down. She is an honorable woman and a remarkable Sailor Senshi. She has taken down the Negaverse and the Chronus Knights will soon fall to her Moon Staff. Together, we all will prevail.” I told her.
 
“If not, damnation will come.” Sailor Orbit said.
 
“And that's something we will avoid. Trust me in this Sailor Orbit, we will win.” I told her.
 
“Time will tell.” Sailor Pluto said as she closed her eyes. The wind became colder as we stood around. I too need to make final preparations for the war, I will no longer stand around talking, but I will be about action. Wish us luck.
 
-Xtreme Slayer