Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon: Crystal Chronicles ❯ The Battle Begins ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Things were terribly uneasy as the daylight made its way to Crystal Tokyo. Far at the end of the large city, was the towering and ever beautiful Moon Kingdom. Speaking of that sanctuary, all twelve Sailor Senshi stood guard watching daylight shine throughout the city. All demorphed and not in their sailor outfit, they all just stood, awaiting any action by that of the Chronus Knights or the Chronos Crystal. Standing in the halls were all six of the Inner Senshi, all six Outer Senshi, King Endymion, and his two powerful warriors, Zoicite and Kunzite. Tensions were rising as they all eagerly awaited something.
 
“Dammit, what are they waiting for?” Haruka cursed as she clinched her teeth. Michiru calmed her down by gently stroking her hand.
 
“They're making us sweat. We can't fall into their trap.” Michiru told her lover as she continued to try and calm her.
 
“I just cannot wait…” Haruka said as she continued to stare into Michiru's eyes. The other Sailor Senshi just looked on and waited as well.
 
“Patience wields persistence.” Rei said out of the blue as everyone stared at her. They all were confused until Rei gave out a light laugh.
 
“What the hell does that mean?” Pai asked as she came closer to Rei.
 
“Nothing, I was just trying it out. You gotta admit, it did sound nice.” Rei said to the group.
 
“I can't believe we are actually playing nice with the Inner Sailor Senshi. You all stand for everything we do not. I mean a minute ago, we were ordered for execution, and now we all are standing side by side ready to fight.” Haruka said looking at the Inners.
 
“Well, excluding Usagi. You know, bun in the oven.” Minako said as she made a gesture to indicate Usagi's pregnancy. Usagi did not make a move; she just appeared to be withdrawn.
 
“I would gladly love to fight at you all's sides…but…but this baby is someone who deserves my protection. I do not want to risk hurting it in any way or form. I love it.” Usagi said cradling her stomach as King Endymion put a loving hand on Usagi's back.
 
“For some reason, I understand. I too want to protect someone that I love.” Haruka said as she looked at Michiru. Their loving eyes connected with one another and Michiru stared dreamily at her. All of this stopped once a slight rumble began to occur. Suddenly, the daytime began to change from the blue sky to a crimson one, and shadows begun to take over. The only glitter that made itself known was something that was reviled by all in the Moon Kingdom.
 
“The Chronos Crystal. My Kami, it is so damn destructive.” Sailor Saturn said as anger slowly crept into her face.
 
“That means the Chronus Knights are here!” Setsuna said looking at the outside as the other Sailor Senshi gathered to see what was going on outside. Finally, Nephrite, Kai, Fiore, Kasumi and Yodoshi appeared all together and clad in their leather outfits. Nephrite, who had control of the Chronos Crystal picked it up and waved it in the direction of Crystal Tokyo.
 
“What in the world is Nephrite planning to do?” Usagi asked frantically.
 
“He is pointing the Chronos Crystal in the direction of the city! My Kami, he's going to destroy it!” Zoicite yelled pointing at him.
 
Soon, a great force of dark and negative energy collided in the direction of Crystal Tokyo, and Nephrite unearthed it. Blasting the city, stores, buildings, homes and other districts began to crumble and were demolished in the blink of an eye. Miscellaneous parts of the city were transformed into rubble, and the Chronus Knights celebrated via laughter and dangerous celebration. Ultimate power is what they were wielding and they continued to bring forth the brute force onto the city. The Sailor Senshi were all in disarray and the expressions on their faces showed it very much so.
 
“Okay guys let me break it down for you all. We all know Nephrite, and the power he wields; the stars and psychological powers. That girl Kasumi is thunderous like Makoto, watch out for her. The dude that's practically tonguing Kasumi is Kai, and he has the power of the sea. Yodoshi the one next to Nephrite absorbs others powers, and Fiore, the pale one with green hair controls nature and the flowers so watch out with him and the Kanpanyuran monsters he makes, remember yesterday!” Haruka said as she took out her transformation pen.
 
“Let's get these sons of bitches.” Makoto said pulling her transformation pen out as well. All of the Sailor Senshi did so, and Chibiusa pulled out her brooch.
 
“Chibiusa…” King Endymion was interrupted by his daughter's protest.
 
“Otousan, I must fight. It is my duty as a Sailor Senshi. I am ready.” Chibiusa said with a tone that resembled her mother's. King Endymion smiled and signaled for her to do so. Pulling his sword from the sheath, Zoicite and Kunzite had done so also. Usagi just looked on with a smile.
 
“Good luck, Sailor Senshi. I'll be rooting for you all.” Usagi said happily.
 
“Arigatou, Queen Usagi….meatball head!” Rei said playfully messing with the Queen who laughed.
 
“Okay guys lets get serious now.” Setsuna said as all of the transformation pens and brooches were taken out. It was time.
 
“Mercury Crystal Power, Make-up!” Ami called as she transformed into the intelligent and insightful, Sailor Mercury.
 
“Mars Crystal Power, Make-up!” Rei called as she transformed into the fiery and spiritual, Sailor Mars.
 
“Jupiter Crystal Power, Make-up!” Makoto called as she transformed into the thunderous and forceful, Sailor Jupiter.
 
“Venus Crystal Power, Make-up!” Minako called as she transformed into the lovely and dazzling, Sailor Venus.
 
“Uranus Planet Power, Make-up!” Haruka called as she transformed into the gorgeous and charming, Sailor Uranus.
 
“Neptune Planet Power, Make-up!” Michiru called as she transformed into the graceful and amazing, Sailor Neptune.
 
“Pluto Planet Power, Make-up!” Setsuna called as she transformed into the patient and wise, Sailor Pluto.
 
“Orbit Star Power, Make-up!” Kari called put as she transformed into the mysterious and resourceful, Sailor Orbit.
 
“Millennium Star Power, Make-up!” Pai called out as she transformed into the clever and independent, Sailor Millennium.
 
“Moon Prism Power, Make-up!” Chibiusa called out as she transformed into the small wonder, Sailor Chibi Moon.
 
Sailor Saturn joined up with all the Sailor Senshi and was ready to fight.
 
“On this day, we stand united, SAILOR TELEPORT!” Sailor Chibi Moon called out in a victory cheer as they all joined in. King Endymion, Zoicite, Kunzite and the Sailor Senshi teleported in that manor to the outside where they stood ready to fight against the Chronus Knights.
 
“Are you ready, to die?” Nephrite questioned.
 
“The same could be asked of you.” Sailor Pluto said gripping her staff.
 
“No more mind games, let the battle begin!” Kai yelled out as all of the Chronus Knights and the Sailor Senshi began their storied battle. All the while, Usagi watched the war with one single tear falling from the side of her face.
 
-Xtreme Slayer