Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon R: A search for a Truth ❯ Found ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer standards apply, I don't own Sailor Moon or Batman. I do however own Kayla and the plot.
A/n: This story will fallow Sailor Moon R: The black Moon clan to a point. However, this will be more centered around Gotham city, and what not. Instead of Usagi being a main character, she's more of a side character in this one, and this will basically fallow Chibi-Usa. Though the other senshi will make an appearance throughout the story, I'm not focusing completely on them. As for Batman, the characters don't fallow any particular comic or t.v. series or movie.
Warning: Standard warnings apply. Please see chapter one for full warning disclaimers. You have been warned.
Chapter 2
Booted feet pounded rooftops as she effortlessly glided from one roof to the next in search of the bright yellow beam that lit up the night sky. Her left hand balanced a broken, but still fuctional Bluetooth device in her left ear, as she tried to calm the speaker on the other side. “I'm doing all I can to locate her, but I'm not super woman Usagi. I can only go so fast.” She spat into her ear piece. “I'll do my best to get her home safely.”
“You had better.” Came the remark from the other speaker.
The young woman let out a sigh ending the connection before she managed to loose what remained of her hearing from the verbal lashing she'd been receiving for the past half hour. Needless to say, she was none to pleased and despite any masks she might have worn to hide her inner most thoughts, they had started slipping allowing her annoyance to show not only in her tone, but on her face as well. Taking a deep breath she leapt from the roof she'd paused on to an adjoining one with little to no effort.
Gotham City had been the last place the young woman thought she'd find herself now. It was not quite the place she fancied herself being either, but all that changed when Tsukino Usagi, her younger sister, graced her with an international call. The woman was in a near panic, having discovered that her charge, Chibi-Usa, had been missing for the past two days. Usagi had naturally gone looking, when she'd happened on the files that the pink-haired had been apparently researching. When her elder sibling heard the news, she found herself disbelieving, but in an attempt to ease the younger's fears, she'd agreed to check it out. After all, that was the least she could do right?
However, her hope seemed to fade when she'd found no leads. No reports of missing children, nothing solid to go on. Then she saw it. A beam of gold light that shot into the sky. A fimular feeling accompanied this beam and she found herself making a bee-line for it. A groan escaped her lips as she neared the source.
A few tense seconds passed before the beam and screaming died down. Silent sobs wracked Chibi-Usa's body as the reality of the situation had sunk in. She'd fully expected to have been struck, but she never felt an impact, nor did anyone dare to move her out of harms way. She remained where she was for several more moments as the sea of onlookers continued to gather in the street. What ever had brought them there in the first place suddenly took a back seat to Chibi-Usa's most recent display of power. Puffy blood shot red eyes scanned the growing crowd searching for an escape. Any escape would do at this point. Then she saw him.
In an area of the crowd that was thin compared to most, one young man stood out. Details could not be seen well from her view point, but she saw enough to go running for him. As she got closer, she could see him a little more clearly. He wore a green and red outfit with a black and yellow cape. A black and white mask hid his eyes from view, but it didn't seem to matter. He could help her, she could feel it. “Daddy!” she sobbed running straight for his arms.
Seeing the pink haired child running in his direction, the young man knelt down and caught her in his arms holding her protectively. However, he froze at what she'd called him. His gaze shifted to his partner as they both echoed the same thing 'Daddy?'
“It's okay; we'll help you find your family.” He told the young child. “You're safe now.” He was trying to calm the child down, who was still sobbing uncontrollably. She would mutter a few words here and there, but still seemed to think she was in the arms of her father. However, Exhaustion caught up with her, and Chibi-Usa went limp in her `father's' arms.
From her perch on the roof above them, the sailor suited woman decided to go ahead and make herself known. Landing quietly and gracefully to the street below she calmly approached the young man holding Chibi-Usa. “Chibi-Usa there you are.” She breathed a sigh of relief. “You had me so worried, and Usagi's going out of her mind with worry.”
“Do you know this child?” the young man asked, though it was obvious considering she'd called the pink haired girl `Chibi-Usa'.
“Yes, she's my sister's daughter. The pair really don't get along, and Chibi-Usa decided that she'd rather run away then face living with her.” The woman explained. “Thank you so much for finding her.” She made a move to take the slumbering Chibi-Usa, when four voices rang out above them.
“We've found you, they echoed. “There is no escape now.”
A low growl came from the Sailor Soldier as she cast her glare to the sky. She was going to say something, but the ring leader of the four sisters spoke first. “Hand over the rabbit, and no one gets hurt.” She was dressed mostly in purple, blue flames forming in her palms. “Or, I could just torch this place. It wouldn't be that hard.”
“You want a rabbit so damn bad?” the sailor soldier spat her anger and annoyance clearly visable to the four sisters. “I'm right here come and get me.” As much as she didn't want to leave Chibi-Usa in the hands of complete strangers, something told her they would protect her. Which was good. It meant that she could fight and not have to worry about weather or not Chibi-Usa was safe or not.
“Robin, I'll take the girl, you fallow that young woman. See if you can't get some answers.” His partner ordered.
Robin nodded handing Chibi-Usa to his partner before he took off fallowing the four sisters and the woman who had drawn their attention to her. What did she mean by rabbit? And, who was this Chibi-Usa? Many questions ran through his mind. None of which held any logical answers. At this point, he considered wondering if the girl knew what she was doing, when all it seemed she was doing was running. Though when she eventually did stop, he saw her plan.
She had successfully lured her attackers to a more abandoned part of town where they could fight without harming any bystanders that got in their way. The way the one in purple shot blue flames, Robin could see why the sailor suited girl didn't want any others around. Though from what he could see, she wasn't fairing much better fighting on her own. It looked like she was doudging attacks and running out of strength fast. Robin could only watch as the blue flames hit their target, fallowed quickly by ice from another female. “Sailor Moon what made you think you stood a chance against all four of us? You know we're no match for you.”
“Because maybe I'm not Sailor moon, but rather her sister Sailor Gwaten… and maybe unlike my crybaby of a sister, I will actually stand up and fight you or die trying!” Sailor Gwaten declared standing on shaking legs ignoring the pain from the burns both from the flames and ice. A crack of a wip later, and Sailor Gwaten found herself thrown against a wall with a new wound on her side.
“Give it up bitch. You've got nothing on us. We will win this battle. And, there is nothing you can do about it.” The woman in purple declared with a hiss. Her sister cracked her whip again in hopes of getting in another good blow, but Sailor Gwaten was not about to get hit twice. Taking off her tiara she threw it at the offending string cutting it in half and knocking the device out of its owners hands.
“If you think for one second I'm just going to sit here and let you attack me, you've got another think coming.” Sailor Gwaten hissed as she managed to get on her feet yet again. “I'm not, nor have I ever been Sailor Moon. I will fight you or die trying.”
“Such brave words for a woman who is about to die,” the leader spat shooting more fire at her. She lowered herself to the ground, her siblings fallowing behind. “I'd love to see you get out of this one. You've got no one to save you. Tell me honey, where's your Tuxedo Kamon, your senshi? To think they would leave you to face us alone with no one to help you…. Such a pitty.”
Sailor Gwaten managed to duck and get out of the way of the blast, but she'd taken a lot of abuse from the four, and found it harder and harder to stay standing. “It's time we finished this ladies.” She pulled a staff out of no where and started to power it up. The four prepared to counter, Elements coming at her in four directions. One managed to knock the staff free from her grasp sending it flying out of her reach.
Robin couldn't just watch any longer, he saw the staff fly in his direction and caught it with remarkable ease. He didn't understand what power such a tiny device could hold, but who was he to judge? After all the girl knew what she was doing…? He was starting to wonder that himself, but he could tell she was a fighter. She wasn't willing to give up. “Hey catch!” he called out to her, tossing her weapon of choice back at her.
“Thanks!” she called back to him, jumping up catching her staff with little effort on her part despite the injuries she'd endured thus far in the battle. Landing with a hiss of pain, she finished up her power-up sequence, and just in time. Robin had unknowingly given her the opening she required. Hearing his voice, the sisters had drawn their attention to him, preparing to make him their next target, which proved to be a mistake on their parts. By the time they heard, “Lunar reflections intensified!” it was too late to dodge, and they teleported away to avoid getting killed. With no targets, the attack faded just as quickly doing no damage to the already decaying structures around her. However, the power required to perform the attack left her weak and shaking.
Robin wasted no time coming to her aid, just in time to see her black out no doubt from exhaustion and the injuries from the battle itself. Not even giving it a second thought, Robin took her straight to the bat cave where his partner, Batman, might be able to help her out. In all honesty he didn't know what else to do.
After Robin had left to chase after the sailor suited woman, Batman put the still slumbering Chibi-Usa in the bat mobile and headed for home. His gaze shifted to Chibi-Usa a moment before he pressed a couple of buttons on the center counsul. In a moment, a black-and-white image of a man appeared. “Yes, master Bruce?”
“Alfred, we'll be having one, maybe two guests. Prepare a couple of rooms for them would you please?” Batman requested from his long time friend and butler.
Alfred chuckled. “Off Chasing lepercons again are we?” he asked an amused smile playing at his lips. He remembered the last time his master had brought home a child, and the fun he'd had babysitting it. He hoped he wouldn't be subjected to such a fate again. At least not anytime soon in the near future.
“Not quite,” Bruce replied knowing to what his friend was referring. “Though she's very confused it seems.”
“Right away sir, I'll have them ready.” Alfred cut the connection all the while shaking his head. He'd known about his master's second life and had helped him from the very start. But, there were days like this one that left himself second-guessing his master's mind. However, he never backed down form an order and set to work completing the requested task. It wouldn't have been that difficult of a task to do, considering he kept the manner spotless. Sure enough, when Batman arrived in the Batcave, Alfred was waiting.
“Might I inquire to where the other guest is sir?” Alfred asked seeing only Chibi-Usa curled in her seat still dead to the world.
“Robin will be along shortly with our second guest.” Batman replied.
“Very well sir.” Alfred decided not to argue, but he hoped that Master Robin wasn't bringing in a second child. Watching over one was bad enough, but two? He dared not think about the possibilities.