Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailormoon Dark ❯ Episode 6: Triple Attack! Witch Hill, Underworld, Crystal Tokyo! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Sailormoon Dark: Episode Six
"Triple Attack! Witch Hill, Underworld, Crystal Tokyo!"

written by Laurel Wilson ( Sailorhathor@aol.com )
Inspired by the Japanese animated show Pretty Soldier Sailormoon.
The ideas for this fanfic were conceived in 1995, but this actual episode was written in September 2000.


"We've been attacked by another Elemental senshi at the home of the Witches! Between you and me, she may be a little crazy, but she doesn't look so tough."
"Tough?! You wanna talk about tough, our leader Eternalsailormoon has just been skewered and she could die! I gotta say, I'm worried."
"Who are you?!"
"Uhhhh... Avon calling!"
"Are you suggesting I need makeup?"
"Make-up! That's it! I should become Sailorhelium, and help Sailorcharon beat these booger demons. But I'm scared... any advice?"
"You certainly can't run away from your destiny. I say go for it!"
"Are you talking to me or the other girl?"
"These voice-over things are getting confusing..."
Pretty Soldier Sailormoon Dark Episode 6: Triple Attack! Witch Hill, Underworld, Crystal Tokyo! The moonlight carries the message of love.


        Everyone froze for a moment as the Tree of Life made a sound like a mournful cry of pain being carried through its branches by a high wind. Red blood-like sap dripped from the shard of glass in Sailorlithiumowl's hand.
        "Is it just me, or did that tree really scream?" Tara asked with amazement.
        "You hurt him!" Yotogi yelled.
        "Him?!" exclaimed Haruka.
        Lithiumowl jumped down off the branch she'd been perched on. "Helloooooo, I've come to fight here... Let's fight!" With lightning quick reflexes, she tossed many bundles toward the group. The bundles unfolded in midair to form nets made of cable. Several of the senshi were reaching for their transformation wands when the nets folded around them, trapping them effectively. Sailorlithiumowl got Usagi, Makoto, Hotaru, Haruka, Michiru, Setsuna, Ban, Kitaeru, Ursula, and Tara with her first throw.
        "I can't get free! I can't break these bonds!" Ban cried as he struggled.
        The cable nets were all attached to one cable that ran back to Lithiumowl's hand--a cable with connectors on the end. Like jumper cables for a car... The evil senshi had similar cables connected to her body. "Now this is what I came for." Sailorlithiumowl attached her cable connectors to the ones that led to the nets. "Battery Acid!"
        All of the netted senshi screamed in pain as volts of lithium power coursed over their bodies. "We have to get out of this!" cried Michiru.
        "Witches, you ready?" Yotogi asked. She didn't have to look at them to know the answer; of course they would give this intruder the fight she wanted.
        "Heeheehee, you want to fight too?" With her free hand, Lithiumowl threw more cable bundles toward the Witches.
        Yotogi spoke the words, "Witches, be not seen." All seven Witches instantly disappeared. The nets tumbled to the floor as if their targets had never been there.
        Usagi gasped. Where did they go?! Something invisible knocked around a nearby trashcan, then the wind rushed by her as if someone had just run past. But there was no one there!
        "Su, be not seen."
        Su disappeared too.
        Sailorlithiumowl smirked, looking back and forth. "Aha, invisibility! I was told I would be fighting senshi--such a neat power! Where aaaaaare yooooooou? I'll find you! I'll bring you out of your hiding place. Battery Acid!"
        The captured senshi were painfully shocked again. "Ahhhhh!" they screamed.
        Before Lithiumowl could try to capture her, Yotogi took out a transformation wand. Usagi gasped again at the sight of it. "Rhea Satellite Power, Make-up!" Silvery energy flowed from the wand and spiraled around her, making her invisible. The energy moved back up her body, leaving behind a Satellite senshi uniform with a cape much like Hyperion's. When the cape appeared, slowly too did the rest of Sailorrhea . She struck a calm, sweet pose with her hands crossed; on her feet were black boots, and her hair was now taken up into buns and a looped braid on each side.
        "I knew it! I could feel it as soon as I came here. You're a senshi!" Kitaeru exclaimed. "Something is blocking the vibes, but I can still feel it... somewhat."
        "We can all see that, Captain Obvious," Sailorlithiumowl quipped. "If you're a senshi too, why don't you do something more than just make your friends invisible? You're just going to stand there while I capture you?" She threw another net at Rhea, which caught her quickly before she could get out of the way. "That's what I thought. Battery Acid!"
        Sailorrhea was shocked by the power, just like the rest of them. Straining to speak through the pain, she cried, "Samantha, be seen!"
        Suddenly Samantha appeared again, but on the other side of the room from where she had been. Just before she reached into her pocket, Kitaeru said, "There are more."
        "Samhain Wheel of the Year Power, Make-up!" Samantha raised her wand from which bats sprang forth in a circle of black energy. They swarmed around her body, covering her clothes with their wings and clawing at her hair to take it down. Samantha obligingly shook her head until her ponytail came out, then ran her hands through it, and gave Lithiumowl a challenging look. With a heavy clap of her hands, the bats scattered, screeching, and disappeared into her hair. She was now Sailorsamhain , her colors black and orange, thigh-high boots on her legs.
        "There you are..." Lithiumowl instantly pulled back her hand to throw another cable net.
        At the same time, Sailorsamhain raised her hand toward the ceiling. "Veil Relinquishing!" A white candle appeared in her upraised hand; it burned and melted as if it were a film running in fast motion. Its wax formed a melted skull. The flaming wax skull flew at Sailorlithiumowl, laughing maniacally like something out of a classic horror movie. "Buhahahahahaha!"
       &nbs p;The skull quickly burned up the flying net as the two objects collided, and continued on to strike Lithiumowl in the head. The evil senshi grabbed her head and screamed. Quite suddenly, she popped her own noggin off. At first she screamed again, but then breathed, "Cool..."
        Usagi let out a screech. "She-she took her head off!"
        "It's some sort of illusion," Setsuna assured.
        "A grotesque illusion!" cried Hotaru as a ridiculous amount of blood spurted from the neck of Lithiumowl like a fountain.
        Laughing, she held her head out. "This is really neat!"
        "Damn!" cussed Sailorsamhain. "My power is useless against her; she's already crazy."
        Struggling with her bonds, Rhea called, "Glen, Sabrina, Endora, Tabitha, be seen!"
        The four appeared as Rhea asked. Endora sweatdropped because everyone could see that she was the one who put her foot in the wastebasket.
        Glen groaned, "Why'd you make Endora visible? She's not going to join in the fight, is she?" The wastebasket sailed across the room and promptly hit him in the head.
        "Shut up!" Endora cried with indignance. "Yule Wheel of the Year Power, Make-up!" A lovely Yule holiday song emitted from her wand as vines of holly and rows of candy canes danced about her, transforming her clothing into the fuku of Sailoryule .
        Several feet away, Glen was laughing so hard he had to hold his stomach. "I love it when she does that! It's just so funny!"
        A string of Yule lights became a whip, wrapping around Glen's neck and yanking him face to face with an angry Sailoryule. "How would you like a candy cane shoved up your-"
        To interrupt, Sabrina cried, "Beltane Wheel of the Year Power, Make-up!" A long golden pole materialized in her extended hand; it was wrapped in lengthy ribbons of many colors. The ribbons beautifully unfurled to flap in a sudden wind before Sabrina wrapped herself in them. When the ribbons revealed her, fanning out in a circle as if invisible creatures were pulling at them, she was dressed in her fuku, the fuku of Sailorbeltane .
        Not to be outdone, Glen spun himself out of Yule's lightstring and took out his own transformation wand. "Lammas Wheel of the Year Power, Make-up!" Brightly-colored fractal objects poured out of the wand to cover Glen's body. He coyly picked a few off, giving a peek at the uniform of Soldierlammas, and stamping on some of the fractals with a grin. Without warning, he clenched his fists and grunted low in his throat, his eyes intense-a blast of energy blew the rest of the fractals off Glen to reveal his entire uniform. " Soldierlammas !" he growled with a smirk.
        "Don't be tacky," Tabitha teased. She cattily batted her eyelashes before saying, "Imbolc Wheel of the Year Power, Make-up!" Tabitha opened her hand to demurely show off a vividly colored egg. She promptly spiked it to the ground where it smashed, splashing her with the milk it was filled with. When the milk soaked in, Tabitha's clothes changed to her senshi uniform in those spots. She produced another one of these eggs and opened it over her head, allowing the milk to pour over her body and change her into Sailorimbolc .
        "Pretty!" the head of Lithiumowl commented. "Will you be putting me back together now? Or can we fight some more? I like the fighting. Battery Acid, Battery Acid, Battery Acid! Eeeheeheeheeheehee!"
        Th e netted senshi screamed at every shock.
        "That's about enough of that. Purifying Feast!" declared Sailorimbolc. Multicolored energy formed in her hand. She shaped it into an egg, then threw it at Lithiumowl's feet, where it smashed. The motley milk inside splashed all over the evil senshi and rapidly hardened, making it very difficult for her to move.
        "Hey, you guys are fun! What else can you do? I can barely throw these now." To demonstrate, Sailorlithiumowl tried to toss a net at them, but it only flew a few feet and plopped to the floor. The milk encasing crackled like tissue paper as she tried to move.
        "Sensual Leap!" Sailorbeltane cried. The ribbons of her Maypole struck out to wrap themselves around Lithiumowl's body--with this additional restraint, she was held almost immobile.
        Lithiumowl started laughing. She used what little mobility she had to snap one of her connectors on to the Maypole ribbons. "Battery Acid!"
        "Ow!" Beltane yelped at the shock; it caused her to drop her staff.
        "That's my friend you're giving a jump. I'll cut off your voice so you can't hurt anyone anymore." Sailoryule raised both hands to the ceiling as if to receive a large package from... the sky? "Yuuuuule-"
        Soldierlamm as hurriedly covered her mouth. "No no, Yule, allow me. Breath Theft!" Several large fractal geometric shapes swirled around Lammas' head--he guided them over his hand, then splayed his fingers toward Sailorlithiumowl. The fractals sped toward her.
        "Ooh, what are those gonna do?" As she spoke, she unwittingly inhaled the pulsating objects. "Guaaaah! Get them out of me! It's getting... hard to... breathe..." Wheeze!
        Growling , Sailoryule elbowed Lammas in the gut so he would let go of her mouth. "YULE LOG!" she yelled before he could stop her.
        There followed a whistling sound. Lithiumowl's head looked back and forth in her hands as much as it could. "What's that?" Wheeze. "Do you hear-"
        FweeeeeeeeBON K! A very large log of wood fell out of nowhere and landed squarely on Sailorlithiumowl's head. This made her drop the head, which rolled around by her feet. "Owwwwww..."
        "That is so embarassing. Why do you do that?" Lammas asked in exasperation.
        Sailoryul e folded her arms. "Humph."
        Rhea commanded, "Laurie and Phoebe, be seen."
        The two girls appeared; they immediately transformed.
        "Equinox Wheel of the Year Power, Make-up!"
        "Solstice Wheel of the Year Power, Make-up!"
        The girls put their hands together in front of them, palms flat against each other. When they brought their hands apart, circles of energy formed between them, one for Laurie, and one for Phoebe. The circles shined and tranformed into two wreaths of flowers--one of daisies, and one of crocus flowers. Laurie took the wreath of crocus, and Phoebe palmed the daisy wreath. They each carefully placed their wreaths on their heads; the energy coursed down their bodies to transform their clothing into the uniforms of Sailorequinox and Sailorsolstice . Equinox held her Daisy Wreath before her, peering challengingly through the hole, as did Solstice with her Crocus Wreath. "Is that all the fight you've got left in you?" they asked in unison.
        Unable to resist a challenge, Sailorlithiumowl attached her connectors to the milk encasing, and yelled, "Battery Acid!" The encasing shattered at the shock. Once she had picked up her head, Lithiumowl brought out two more of the cable nets. "No," she replied. Wheeze. "There's more." The nets were thrown at Equinox and Solstice, catching them easily.
        "What are you doing? Don't let her catch you!" Usagi cried.
        "Battery Acid!"
        The volts of lithium energy coursed toward Sailorequinox and Sailorsolstice. They calmly held their Flower Wreaths before the flow of power; instantly, the volts were absorbed into each petal.
        "Whaaaaa?" Lithiumowl groaned.
        Equinox and Solstice strained against the nets to bring the wreaths together. White light shined between the petals of the flowers. "Let it be correct and for the good of all people. Three Fold Law!" the senshi said in unison. A bolt of white light sped back at Lithiumowl over the cable she had attached to the nets. When it reached the connectors, she screamed. Energy coursed over her with such furvor it was as if she was receiving her own shock at three times the rate. After several seconds of convulsing like a man in the electric chair, the connectors burned through the cable, and Lithiumowl was released from the attack. She fell behind a large exposed tree root like a rag doll.
        "The Wheel of the Year must always turn, and with the help of its keepers, it will rotate for eternity. We are those keepers," Soldierlammas cried. "The protectors of its sacred days, and the keepers of their powers. We are the Witches! Soldierlammas!"
        "Sailor equinox!"
        "Sailorsolsti ce!"
        "Sailorimbolc!"
        "Sailorbeltane!"
&nbs p;       "Sailorsamhain!"
 &nbs p;      "Sailoryule!"
   & nbsp;    "If it is in accordance with what is right, so mote it be!" they said in unison.
        The cable nets faded; the group was released from Lithiumowl's attack. Usagi immediately ran to the tree to check on the girl who had fallen. "She looks normal again. Her head is where it should be."
        "Lovely." Sailorrhea heaved a sigh. "Su, be seen."
        "I thought you'd forgotten me," Su joked as she slowly reappeared.
        The others rubbed their limbs where the cables had held them. "Is everyone alright?" Haruka asked.
        "As alright as we can be after being barbecued," joked Tara.
        Ban gently rubbed Kitaeru's shoulders for her. "What about our attacker? Besides having her head in the right place, is she alright?"
        Nodding, Usagi replied, "She's unconscious, but breathing steadily. Her clothes have changed into the uniform of Mirai Mugen, so she must be another student. I wonder if she was corrupted by the same person as Sailorhelium."
        Equinox approached to look the girl over. "Of course she is still breathing. The Three Fold Law states that whatever you send out will be returned to you threefold. She would not receive death if she did not send it out. That is the law that governs our power."
        "No offense was meant," Setsuna offered.
        Sailorequinox simply bowed in reply to indicate she understood.
        "Maybe we should take the girl into the living room and see if we can bring her around. I'm sure you all must have questions, too..." Winking at Usagi, Soldierlammas gathered up the unconscious girl.
        "Why didn't you make yourself invisible too? And why didn't you attack Lithiumowl when you had a perfect chance?" Haruka suddenly asked Sailorrhea.
        "See? I told you there would be questions," Lammas said with another wink.
        Rhea sighed in his direction, then replied, "The answer is simple: because I can't."
        "That raises so many new questions!" Lammas declared mischievously as he carried the girl out of the greenhouse.
        Sailorrhea mumbled unrepeatable things at his back. She sat down on the exposed root of the tree and stared at the floor.
        As the others were following Soldierlammas out, Hotaru asked, "How do you see while you're invisible? I mean, the way people see is by light reflecting off parts of the eye. Light can't reflect off an invisible eye.* "
        Sailoryule giggled. "That one's easy--we can't see! We have to find our way around by touch, skill, and familiarity. Why do you think I put my foot in the wastebasket?"
        Hotaru giggled too.
        The only people left in the greenhouse now were Sailorrhea, Su, and Kitaeru. Rhea was gently rubbing the tree around the gash that Lithiumowl had made in its branch. "I wish there was some way to mend this..." she said to herself in a quiet voice.
        Kitaeru cryptically asked, "You still love him, don't you?"
        Before leaving the greenhouse, Su allowed Rooreru to jump up on her shoulders. "Meow," he purred, nuzzling the side of her head. She looked at Rhea and Kitaeru once more before following the others out.


      &nb sp; Sailorcharon was barely an inch off the ground when Heri already started to lose her hold on her. Exactly how does she expect me to keep a strong hold on her in the middle of a fight? And with these moves! Heri thought. Charon leapt into the face of the head demon and swept her foot across his neck, and at the same time, sliced one of the other demons down the middle with the Key of Styx. The first demon's head rolled off, still flaming where he had lit his hair on fire.
        "Hey, no fair! We got these soft booger bodies; it's too easy for you!" the flaming head protested.
        Heri desperately clawed at Sailorcharon's uniform to stay on her back. Charon turned to take care of the other three demons. They scrambled for a rock or some weapon they could use against her. Charon rapidly charged one of the demons, swinging the staff. The other two charged her back and reached for Heri. They figured that Sailorcharon's baggage was her weakness.
        "Gah, don't touch me!" Heri screamed, kicking out at the demons.
        At the same moment, Charon planted the Key of Styx into the nose of the monster she'd charged. She jumped, using the momentum to shove the Key into his head, while leaping over him. Heri did not expect this leap, and as she was not holding on to Charon as well as she had been, almost completely lost her hold. She found herself slipping down and clinging to Sailorcharon's waist; Heri screamed and had to run across the heads of the other two demons to keep herself from falling.
        The demon collapsing behind her, Sailorcharon landed on her feet and was about to swivel around to go after the other two. They were confusedly feeling at their dented heads. But Charon realized that she was losing her "baggage." "Heri, get back on! Quick!"
        "That girl is too fast. We're getting our butts kicked." The demon noticed that Sailorcharon had stopped to allow Heri to climb on her back. Taking advantage of the distraction, he picked up a large rock and threw it at her. The rock almost hit Heri as it struck Charon between her shoulder blades.
        "Ah!" Heri yelped, recoiling from the rock as it zipped past her. With a cry of pain, Sailorcharon was knocked down, the Key flying out of her hand. She grimaced and tried to push herself up.
        Heri, extending her hand to Charon, attempted to help her up. She suddenly felt a push hard enough to send her reeling into the wall of the cave. "Oof!"
        The two demons roughly yanked Sailorcharon up by the bow on the back of her uniform, and slammed her against the opposite side of the cave. She groaned again. "You know Harv, I've always wondered what would happen if I untied this bow in the front..." one demon commented as he slipped his finger inside the knot of Charon's front bow.
        The other demon, Harv, chuckled.
        Assessing the situation, Heri composed herself and decided she had to do something. But what can I do?!
        A magnificent yellow light filled the cave; the transformation wand of the Helium senshi suddenly appeared, floating in the air in front of Heri. With one last glance at the plight of her new friend, Heri snatched up the wand. Her fears over being a senshi seemed to be gone.
        "Helium Elemental Power, Make-up!"
        "Whaaaaaat?!" In their shock, the two demons dropped Sailorcharon. "Piggie-back girl is a senshi too?!"
        Heri transformed into Sailorhelium again in a flurry of oval-shaped apricot and yellow colored lights. The lights finally merged into one, forming a balloon, which Helium held by a string. "The universe is made up of many essential elements. I hold the power of the second most abundant, Sailorhelium! Light of air, but I will protect my place in the universe heavily. I've got something for you, Harv. Your own lovely balloon."
        Harv's eyes immediately grew big and childlike. "A balloon? For me?! I would love to have my very own toy balloon! I love-love-love balloons!" He snatched it out of her hand.
        "Zeppelin Capture," Sailorhelium smirked.
        The string of the balloon wrapped tightly around Harv's slimy neck, then lifted him rapidly to the top of the cave, slamming him around without care. "Ow! Ooch! Eech! Ouch! Le'go!"
        "Mother," the other demon murmured.
        "Helium Levitate." She pointed to the ceiling of the cave, mugging cutely.
        "Waaaaaaah!" The demon was whisked up next to his friend, smashed flat against the rock.
        With another cute grin, Sailorhelium pointed to the ground.
        "Waaaaaaah!" He was shoved right down again. Splat!
        Sailorcha ron scrambled for her Key. "Jerk! Perverted jerk!" She began to stomp on the demon pancake.
        Harv begged, "Stop it..." Wham! The balloon curtly smacked him into the wall. He was so flat against it he could have been peeled off like a Fruit Roll-up.
        "That goes double for you!" Charon whapped the demon with the flat side of her Key top.
        "Are you alright?" Sailorhelium asked.
        "Noooo..." replied Harv.
        "I wasn't talking to you, slimeball. Charon?"
        "A little bruised and shaken, but I'm okay." She walked over and picked up the flaming demon head. "We could use a light to get us the rest of the way to the Underworld."
        "But I just escaped from there; I don't want to go back," the head protested.
        "Big deal."
        Looking around, Sailorhelium thought she saw, and heard, something strange. Panting? Was that panting? The sound of nails clicking on rock?! Something was coming. She gasped as she suddenly realized there were six glowing eyes coming toward them out of the dark.
        "That you Buster? Come 'ere boy!" Sailorcharon angled the fire toward the approaching animal. Helium was quite surprised to see only one dog, with two normal eyes, running up to them.
        "But... what happened to the other..." She slowly looked the black and brown rottweiler over.
        Buster was definitely large, but had a friendly loll-tongued expression. "Sailorrrcharrron, who's yourrr frrriend?" The dog sat down with one leg tucked under him to listen happily to his master's words.
        "This is Sailorhelium; she's not a threat. She just saved my life, for which I am very grateful."
        Embarassed, Helium waved it off. "Anyone else would have done the same. Couldn't just sit there and let them oogle her goodies."
        Charon couldn't help laughing. " ...what there is of them. This is Nameless Demon #1." She gestured to the flaming head.
        "Hello," he deadpanned.
        "On the wall there is Slimy Sam."
        "Harv," came the muffled correction.
        "Harrrv..." With a growl, Buster peeled the demon off the wall of the cave and shook him violently. "Rrr, rrr, arrr!"
        Sailorcharon tucked her Key staff under one arm so she had one free to put around Helium's shoulders. "You ready to see the Underworld?"
        Shrugging, she replied, "Why not? I've seen senshi battles, demon gangs, a talking dog, and I became a defender of the universe, all in one day. What's one more sensational development?"
        They walked off together laughing, Buster following them with his new shredded demon chew toy in his mouth, dragging behind him.


      &nb sp; "Chibiusa-chan! Chibiusa-chan! Wake up!"
        "Mommy, please wake up!"
        Elios shook his wife, but Chibiusa was unconscious and unmoving.
        "My pretty girl, please hold on until help arrives. They are coming right now!"
        Footfalls sounded on the temple stairs as the people Elios was waiting for made their way up. The first to reach the top was Sailormiraiuranus , as she was the fastest runner of the group. With a gasp, she crouched next to Elios. "You've got to be kidding me--is she--" Miraiuranus stopped... for the sake of the kid.
        "No, she's not. But she's lost consciousness," Elios replied quietly.
        Next to reach the top was a white kitten with grey feet. She swiftly ran to Nozomi's side. "Sailormiraimoon, what has happened?! I was sitting on your windowseat in your room when suddenly all the grey coloring ran out of my fur! I was left with just this little bit... how is it possible? Oh my, your colors are gone too!"
        Nozomi hugged the kitten to her chest. "Mare, it's just horrible. I'm not Sailormiraimoon anymore. I won't be her again until my mother is okay. Now, I'm Sailordeadearth. That's what she named me. As my guardian, you have lost your color too."
        "That's a lot for such a small girl to declare, Miraimoon," the kitten exclaimed.
        "I told you, I am not Miraimoon! Not now."
        Suddenly noticing her mother, Mare wriggled from Sailordeadearth's arms. "Mama, what happened?! Grandma Luna is hurt!"
        While Diana tried to explain through upset tears, Elios saw the person he'd been waiting for appear over the crest of the steps. The Silence Glaive, it being so tall, was seen before Sailormiraisaturn , with her long dark shade of teal braids. Elios watched the light glint off the Silence Glaive's generational addition--every Talisman gained a new magical object when it was passed down to the next generation. The Silence Glaive had developed a large star-shaped blue crystal called the Winter Crystal. Its strongest property was healing, but it achieved that healing through a form of death, a period of stagnation. It might be the only thing that could save Chibiusa.
        "Sailormirais aturn... I'm so glad you're here," Elios said, tears pricking at his eyes.
        Miraisaturn solumnly surveyed the situation before her. "Who did this to her?"
        "Let's talk about that later. Right now, what can you do?"
        Her expression unchanging, Miraisaturn knelt by Chibiusa to look over her injuries.
        Two more figures reached the temple, one supporting the other. Sailormiraineptune helped Sailorelysion climb the stairs because her legs were still a bit weak. When she saw Chibiusa, Miraineptune burst into tears. "What happened to her?! Oh no... our leader... my friend..."
        "You always were the emotional one." Miraiuranus stood up. "We're going to get whoever did this." She punched her hand with her fist, looking with wide eyes at Chibiusa's wounds.
        "It will be dangerous," commented Sailormiraisaturn. "The crystals that were used to hurt Chibiusa--do you feel the power coming off of them? This is not our usual type of enemy. But-"
        "But we will do what we have to to stop the person who did this from doing it to anyone else," Miraineptune finished.
        Miraiuranus gave her a brief hug. "Sis, you forgot getting them for what they did to Eternalsailormoon. We will avenge her."
        "Don't let revenge cloud our more important motives for finding this person. First and foremost, we must ensure the safety of the Earth." Sailormiraisaturn stood; she handled the Silence Glaive like she was about to use it.
        "Of course, Braids," Miraiuranus said, calling Miraisaturn by her nickname for her. "Is there anything you can do for our leader?"
        Elios' expression was desperately hopeful.
        "Sailorelysion , why don't you take Nozomi to her room and the two of you get some rest?"
        "I'm not leaving my mommy," Deadearth said with intensity.
        Sternly, Elios insisted that his daughter do what Miraisaturn told her.
        "Daddy, please let me stay. You said I was a big enough girl to train to be a senshi. That means I am big enough to hear how my mommy is doing, too. I want to know, please..."
        Elios sighed. "You are much too mature for your age. You always know what is happening even when we try to hide the unpleasant things from you. Alright, you may stay." He gently kissed her forehead.
        Miraisaturn nodded. "There is little hope for Eternalsailormoon. The only thing that may save her is the cleansing of the Winter Crystal. I will encase her body in its crystal; it will slowly heal her wounds. Very slowly. But what the crystal lacks in speed, it makes up for in power. It's Chibiusa's best chance." Some desperation crept into her own voice as she spoke, out of concern for not just her leader, but her friend.
        "Do it," Elios replied in a whisper.
        "Put Luna in her arms, then, everyone, back away. I need space to use the Winter Crystal."
        After placing Luna in Chibiusa's arms, Elios gathered up his child and saw that everyone else did as Miraisaturn asked, giving her lots of room. Sailordeadearth blew her mother a kiss. "Get better soon, Mommy."
        Sailormiraisatu rn, closing her eyes, held the Silence Glaive diagonal to her body. "Winter Crystal Deafening." The dark blue surface of the crystal's middle cracked open, but it did not make any sound. Blue-shaded ice flowed from the crystal in tiny chips. It formed a transparent shell around Chibiusa and Luna. The entire temple was deathly silent as the power was used. When Miraisaturn was finished, the surface of the Winter Crystal froze itself closed. Chibiusa, Luna, and a fourth of the temple were now encased in blue healing crystal.
        "She will have to be separated from the temple if you decide to move her somewhere else; I'm sorry about that. The crystal has a great deal of power."
        "That's to be expected with you," Elios replied good-naturedly. "Thank you for helping my pretty girl. I would like to have her moved to the most highly secure area of Crystal Tokyo. But first, Sailorelysion and I must tell you about the person--no, the people--who did this."
        Once they had heard the story, the Mirai senshi used their deductive reasoning to sort it all out. "The ages of these attackers--they were both no more than teenagers? Do you think it's possible they could have come from the past? I just saw the elder Triton the other day. She is most definitely not a teenager."
        "No, it definitely was not the Triton we know now," Sailorelysion assured. "She was much younger. And cockier."
        "There is only one way to find out what happened. Meet up with Sailormiraijupiter, then go to the Time Gateway and ask Miraipluto if she saw anything. If they came from the past, they had to get by her first."

"I suppose you could say that things have calmed down here a bit at the Witches' house, although I'm shocked--they're all senshi! Except for the fortuneteller, Su. She reminds me of someone..."
"Speaking of senshi, guess who is one? Me, Heri! A full-fledged one at that! I'm about to see how my new friend Sailorcharon lives in the strange land of the Underworld. There must be some way to brighten that place up... the gates of Hell could use some curtains, for instance..."
Sailormoon Dark Episode 7: Flower Petals from an Artificial Sky. The Strange, Sad Life of Sailorcharon. The moonlight carries the message of love.

----------------------------------------------------

* That one's for you, Karen! ;D

On to Episode 7: Flower Petals from an Artificial Sky. The Strange, Sad Life of Sailorcharon
Back to Episodes
Back to Sailormoon Dark