Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailormoon Dark ❯ Episode 18: The Passing of the Javelin II. The Last Minute Dash. ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Sailormoon Dark: Episode Eightteen
"The Passing of the Javelin II. The Last Minute Dash."

written by Laurel Wilson ( Sailorhathor@aol.com )
Inspired by the Japanese animated show Pretty Soldier Sailormoon.
The ideas for this fanfic were conceived in 1995, but this actual episode was written in August 2001. Revised September 2002.


"Heeeeeelp! I'm tied to the railroad tracks and a train is coming! You've got to... why aren't you listening to me? Can't you hear me?!"
"It's a silent movie, doofus. No one can hear you."
"Then read my words. HEEEEEELP!!"
"I hear you! I will save you, with the help of my favorite One-chan!"
"How did you hear that? Are you the Bionic Woman?! Hey everyone, the Bionic Woman is coming to save us!"
"I just read what you said..."
Pretty Soldier Sailormoon Dark Episode 18: The Passing of the Javelin II. The Last Minute Dash. The moonlight carries the message of love.


        Out on the athletic field, Makoto waved to the approaching Kita. "Hey, Kita-chan! Did you decide to try out for the javelin team after all?"
        Although Kita was obviously shy and nervous about trying out, she walked onto the field without pause. "Yes Makoto-san, I do want to try out. It's good to get involved in school teams."
        Makoto nodded. "You know, Kita-chan, you can call me Mako-chan, like my other friends do, if you want to." She picked up one of the practice javelins.
        Kita shyly examined her feet. "Thank you for your kindness, but I am much more comfortable calling you Makoto-san for now."
        "Okay." Makoto smiled and handed Kita the javelin. "Would you like to get in some practice?"
        This stopped Kita cold; somehow, holding a javelin was extremely familiar to her. The Javelin of Jupiter... She got a mental picture of herself throwing it at another senshi who was being attacked, and the Javelin freed them from the assault. Was this her senshi weapon? Her Talisman?
        "Kita-chan?"< br>         The little brown dog who had become very familiar to Kita by now wandered up, with Artemis at his side. "Makoto, we've got trouble. Come with me!"
        Freaking out, Makoto waved her hands frantically. "Uh, I can't right n--I mean, what's going on here, a talking cat?!"
        "What's the matter, my dear?" Lappie asked. "Never seen a talking cat before?"
        Makoto eyed them all. "Kita-chan, the dog is with you?"
        Kita nodded.
        "Do you have something you want to tell me?"
        "Makoto-san, do you have something you want to tell me?"
        Both girls laughed, scratching their heads.
        "The other senshi are in danger! Lappie and I were prowling the campus and we saw some students running from one of the rooms. Usagi-chan and several of the others seem to be trapped inside a television!" Artemis recapped to the others.
        "The Dark senshi must have attacked Mamoru-san's cinema class. Okay, Artemis, Lappie, show us the way."
        Kita held tightly onto the practice javelin as she followed Makoto into battle; her hand stole to the transformation wand in her pocket. Am I really Sailoreuropa? This will be my ultimate test. I hope with all my might that I can help Makoto-san save the other senshi!


     &n bsp;  "You know, Little Senshi on the Prairie just isn't as good as it used to be. Nori Oleson was far more evil before Usagi went blind."
        "She did kick Taura's puppy in this episode."
        Kako scoffed, grabbing the remote. "Kicking a puppy, you call that evil? I remember the days when she would have at least crippled it."
        As Kako switched the channel, Sailorcadmium shined her Spotlight on the tv. "Silent Movie."
        All of the senshi caught in the tv now appeared in a black and white movie. Mamoru, dressed in a stereotypical villain costume with a cloak and handlebar moustache, tied Usagi to the railroad tracks. A screen came up with words on it. "SOMEONE HELP ME!" the words read.
        "Oh, it's a silent movie," Senetsu mused. "Looks pretty corny."
        "I want to see if she gets run over by the train," Kako said.
        Another screen of words came up after Mamoru moved his lips, like he was talking. "HEH HEH HEH HEH! NO ONE CAN SAVE YOU NOW! I'VE GOT ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS CAPTURED." The other senshi were shown struggling around in a net hanging from a tree.
        Her lips moving too, there was a closeup on Haruka inside the net. "GUYS, SOMETHING WEIRD IS GOING ON HERE. I DON'T THINK ANY OF THIS IS REAL."
        Hotaru's lips moved. "THAT'S RIGHT, WE WERE SUCKED INTO THE TELEVISION! IF WE COULD ONLY TRANSFORM, WE COULD FIGHT OUR WAY OUT OF HERE."
        Setsuna, being the only one who could move her arms enough to reach her transformation wand, appeared to cry, "PLUTO CRYSTAL POWER, MAKE-UP!" The words came up on the screen, but nothing happened. "WHY CAN'T I TRANSFORM?!"
        "OH NO, NONE OF US CAN TRANSFORM, NOR ATTACK! THE MAGICAL WORDS HAVE NO POWER UNLESS THEY ARE REALLY SPOKEN!" Michiru said.
        Kako and Senetsu started laughing. "They're S.O.L. now. Hey, what is this, a silent movie about magical girls? That's a new one. They're all playing senshi," Senetsu chortled.
        His lips moving some more, Mamoru pulled out an axe. "WHILE USAGI IS WAITING FOR HER DATE WITH THE TRAIN, I'LL CHOP DOWN THIS TREE YOU ALL ARE HANGING FROM. THEN IT WILL FALL OVER THE CLIFF, WITH YOU STILL TIED TO IT. HEH HEH HEH!"
        "MAMO-CHAN, YOU'RE NOT REALLY THE VILLAIN! SNAP OUT OF IT!" Usagi cried.
        "HEH HEH HEH HEH!" Chop, chop, chop!
        Ursula hit on an idea. "MAYBE THIS WILL ALL END IF WE STOP MOVING AROUND AND BEING INTERESTING TO WATCH. MAYBE THEY WILL CHANGE THE CHANNEL AND AT LEAST GET US OUT OF THIS SITUATION."
        "IT'S WORTH A TRY." Attempting to be as still as possible, Midori stared off into space.
        Everyone else tried it too, but the movie was still too interesting--the tree was beginning to bow over the edge of the cliff, and the train was closing in on Usagi. "I wish I had some popcorn," Kako whined.
        Just about at her breaking point, Vivian squirmed in her seat. She could care less what happened to most of the others, but that American kid was just too cute, the way he was trying so hard not to move in the net. She was relieved when a real cry came from just outside the classroom door.
        "Jupiter Crystal Power, Make-up!"
        Kita, amazed, watched her friend Makoto transform into Sailorjupiter. So many memories came back to her as she watched, memories of the princess of Jupiter dressed up for a party; as a member of her court, Princess Europa accompanied her to the royal get-together. She looked around at the other Satellite princesses and saw each of their faces clearly. Again, there was an unfamiliar face... it had to be Io. It was the only conclusion that made sense.
        "Kita-chan, transform!"
        "You can do it, Kita my dear," Lappie assured her.
        Kita held her transformation wand and her javelin to her heart, and made a wish. Please let me really be Sailoreuropa! This is my chance to make a difference. She held the wand up. "Europa Satellite Power, Make-up!"
        Seven pinpoints of colored light, each one a color from the prism, spun out of Europa's wand. They spun around her arms to leave behind her gloves, then spiraled about her torso, creating her bodysuit, skirt, and bows. Kita, standing in a cute pose with one foot up, watched while the pinpoints of light made white lace-up boots with a heel on her feet. Finally, a light encircled her neck to give her a choker, and another dotted her forehead, spreading out into her tiara. She smiled ecstatically. The seven lights came to rest in a line along the Javelin, entrusting it with power and strength. The practice javelin was transformed into the Javelin of Jupiter, Sailoreuropa's Talisman, with which she protected Europa and the planet her satellite revolved around, Jupiter. The final step in the henshin was the appearance of a small bronze man on the end of the Javelin. Kita struck a cute pose as Sailoreuropa.
        "It's true! I really am Sailoreuropa! This is all real!"
        "Of course it's real," the bronze man on the end of the Javelin said, striking a classic statue pose. "You always have been Sailoreuropa. Remember me? I'm Talos!"
        Europa rubbed her cheek against Talos' head. "I remember you. My friend!"
        Leaning into Europa's ear, Talos whispered, "You just charge right into that room and save those senshi like you know you can. You know what power to use. I believe in you."
        Sailoreuropa nodded sharply and followed Jupiter into the classroom. Before anyone could react, Europa threw the Javelin, crying, "Northern True!" The Javelin flew a perfect course straight into the television screen, shattering it. In a flash of light, all of the senshi who had been trapped in the tv reappeared in the classroom, shaken up, but unhurt.
        "Hey!" Sailorcadmium whined. "You've ruined our tv show!"
        "Sailoreuropa!" Tara smiled with pride. "I knew you could do it."
        Europa beamed. "One-chan..."
        Several of the senshi prepared to transform, but again, had a simultaneous realization--they could not do it here, not with the remaining students watching. Transforming as part of a tv show could be explained away as special effects, but transforming back in the real, 3-D world... if Usagi could henshin, she could take care of these Dark senshi on her own.
        "Dumpling, it's up to you," Haruka whispered in Usagi's ear. "If we hide you from view, you could transform and get rid of these two."
        Usagi nodded, and passed the message on.
        "Boooo! We liked the show the way it was," Kako complained.
        "Although, destroying the tv was pretty neat," Senetsu added, looking at the smoking, sparking wreck.
        Sailorcadmium and Sailortungsten saw the group crowding around one person among them, and, knowing they were senshi, figured out that someone was going to transform. They both attempted to attack again, but nothing happened.
        "There's nothing to project them into! Our powers have no use without the tv!"
        "And now you will be punished for your attempted murder of these... students, yes, common university students," Sailorjupiter declared. She thought the others could use a distraction. "Jupiter Oak Evolution!"
        The two evil senshi ran about trying to avoid the attack. "Owowowowow!"
        "What is this, a magical girl's show now? What's American about that, Chiba-sensei?" Kako asked.
        Senetsu sighed. "Is this going to be on the first test?"
        Mamoru sweatdropped; now was not a good time to field questions.
        Holding out her hand, Sailoreuropa said, "Northern Source!" The Javelin emerged from the wreckage of the tv and sailed back to her waiting palm. She twirled it in her hands like a baton. "You tried to harm my big sisters and brother. I'm going to hurt you bad!"
        Thinking of Sailorganymede's "whoopass" speech from a few days ago, Ursula turned on Tara. "Did you teach her that?!"
        Jupiter sweatdropped. "Well, at least you're straightforward."
        "Chak ra Mark!" Sailoreuropa pointed her Javelin at Cadmium and Tungsten. Pinpoints of light in all the colors of the prism shot out of the tip and struck the two enemies in the body's seven chakra points. They didn't know which part hurt the most from the attack--their heads, "Third Eye"s, throats, hearts, stomachs, crotches, or feet.
        "What were we doing this for again?" Sailortungsten whined, holding her stomach.
        "Sailordarkcos mos promised us... ummmm..." Cadmium held her aching head as she tried to remember their nonexistant reward.
        The distraction giving her plenty of time to transform, Usagi held up the Cosmos Brooch. This would be the first time she used her new brooch to henshin into Sailorcosmos. Usagi's faith in the power of her friends, who had created this new brooch for her, erased all possible doubts from her mind that the brooch would not work this time. "Cosmic Crystal Power, Make-up!"
        The wings on the brooch grew to human size to envelope Usagi's body. Light shined between the feathers for a few moments before they opened to reveal Sailorcosmos. Shrinking, the wings duplicated themselves on the perfect white pearl on the end of her staff, then they flapped around hair, shoulders, and shoes to create winged accents. The wings then took their place on her brooch so she could pose as Sailorcosmos.
        "Hey, what's going on in the middle of your little huddle? We can't see!" Senetsu complained.
        The group stepped aside to reveal Sailorcosmos. Vivian started to clap; Kako and Senetsu reluntantly joined in. "That outfit is stunning," Vivian commented, Though I do think it looks better in purple.
        Cosmos pointed her staff at Sailorcadmium and Sailortungsten. "Though I am a big fan of television, your show cannot go on. I am Sailorcosmos, defender of love, justice, and the universe. You have just been cancelled."
        "But our ratings were so good!" the two enemies said in unison.
        Shaking her head, Sailorcosmos raised her staff and concentrated. "Cosmic Crystal..." The jagged, clear crystals materialized around her.
        Suddenly a dark portal opened up behind Cadmium and Tungsten. Baby Baby Love stepped out of it, but kept it open. This stopped Sailorcosmos cold. Everyone who knew Chibiusa gasped.
        "Chibiusa-chan! " Hotaru cried.
        Cosmos' mouth fell open. What she had seen the other day had been exactly what she thought--it was an adult Chibiusa with blue hair. "Chibiusa?" The Cosmic Crystals clattered to the floor, dissolving away.
        With a mischievous smile, Baby Baby Love whacked Sailorcosmos over the head with her huge sucker. Then she pushed Cadmium and Tungsten through the portal, grabbed a few spare parts from the tv, and scampered back through the dark opening.
        "We've been syndicated!" the two Elementals rejoiced, just as the portal closed behind them.
        Cosmos stood motionless until Mamoru put his hands on her shoulders. "Are you alright?"
        "That was Chibiusa," she breathed. "She helped the Dark senshi escape."
        Rubbing her shoulders, Mamoru whispered in her ear, "We will figure all this out, but not here. Right now, we need to get you to a private place where you can detransform."
        A foreign student in the back of the room, who was known by the name Aquamarine Black, could not get her mind off the blue-haired woman dressed in children's clothes. "The Rabbit," she muttered.
        "Mamo-chan, what if she's become Black Lady again? She didn't look like Black Lady..."
        Suddenly the classroom door flew open and there stood Bikari, her hand still on the doorhandle, and Jun, holding the communicator they were using to track Chibiusa. They froze, seeing how many people were in the room--so many familiar people.
        "Uhhh... sorry, wrong room," Bikari muttered, and closed the door.
        Sailorjupiter's eyes narrowed; there was something weird about those two... they gave off such familiar vibes. She wondered if she knew them from somewhere.
        Clapping, the students who were left in the classroom cried, "Great show, Chiba-sensei! What a wonderful way to promote a class about television!"
        "Brilliant mixture of American and Japanese media."
        Going with the flow, Mamoru took a bow. When he did, he looked to his right, and saw that Nori was standing next to him. She gave him a hurt look.
        "I can't believe that there was ever a time that you forgot me," she said, and walked away.
        As was his habit, Ban grabbed Kitaeru and gave her a long passionate kiss. "I'm so glad you weren't hurt."
        "Ooga booga," she sighed with a dreamy smile.
        Vivian held out a brush to Nathan. "Comb your hair, kindergartener. You're a mess." She grinned.
        He grinned back. "Thanks, ancient chick."
        Watching them, Ursula laughed and rolled her eyes. "They're made for each other. Well Midori, what do you think? Are you going to sign up for the class?" She smiled at him with a twinkle in her eye.
        All he could do in return was chuckle, before saying, "Hai, hai," and hugging her close.
        Sailoreuropa suddenly hugged Jupiter around the waist. "My favorite One-chan!"
        Ursula and Tara just looked at each other and laughed.
        Sweatdropping, Sailorjupiter hugged her back. "Everyone, meet my roommate, Sailoreuropa."
        Down the hall, Bikari and Jun were hiding behind a large plant just in case anyone had followed them. "That was close. I didn't see Chibiusa, did you?"
        "No. But I did see the person who almost killed her." Jun's expression was intense. "Her fuku was purple when I saw her, but it was obviously still her. Sailordarkcosmos."
        Touc hing her arm, Bikari assured, "We'll take care of her, Jun. Once we find out what she's done with Chibiusa's Dark half, we will avenge our leader. Sailordarkcosmos will die."


      &n bsp; When Baby Baby Love arrived back at Darkness headquarters, she found not much had changed. Darkcosmos and Darkmercury gave each other dirty looks every few minutes. With a sigh, she presented what she had managed to bring back.
        "Mommy Dearest, I didn't get any major Talismans, but I did get some good parts for the Dream Eater." Baby Baby Love dumped out her bag of tv remnants.
        "Ooh, very nice..." Sailordarkcosmos picked up some pieces of the tv screen. "Cool! I can have a tv in the machine! That means I can play video games while I destroy everything."
        Sweatdropp ing, Baby Baby Love replied, "Perhaps I was thinking more along the lines of an onboard computer, to help in the operation of the Dream Eater."
        "Yeah, a computer that can play video games! Dark Lunaaaaaa, I've got some more parts for you."
        The cat trudged out of the darkness. "What am I, some kind of slave? All I ever do is work on this machine. You could at least get me a bouncy ball or some catnip once in awhile."
        "What do you think I turned you Dark for? Oh, don't forget these." Darkcosmos snatched the Clapboard from Sailortungsten and the Spotlight from Sailorcadmium, who Baby Baby Love had brought back with her.
        "Hey, that's my Talisman!" Tungsten barked.
        "I know, that's why I took it. Oh yes, there's also the matter of your Soul Shields..." She quickly plunged her hand into a mini-portal she created in Sailorcadmium's chest.
        "Ahhhh! Stop it!" Cadmium struggled, but she could not keep Darkcosmos from taking the Dark half of the Cadmium Shield from her body. The Cadmium fuku faded as she passed out.
        Sailortungsten gaped at what just happened, then backed away. "How will I fight as a senshi without my Elemental Soul Shield?"
        "I guess you won't. You're much more useful to me as a Soul Shield donor now." With that, Darkcosmos pointed the Dark Pearl staff at Sailortungsten. Instantly the Dark half of the Tungsten Shield sprang from her body; she fainted next to the girl who had been Cadmium, her fuku dissolving. Both girls lay unconscious dressed in their regular clothes now.
        A minute later, the two Elemental Shields were put back together, Light half and Dark half, and placed in the paws of Dark Luna. "There. My machine will be complete before we know it. Off to work, kitty. I'll get you a bouncy ball if you do a good day's work."
        The cat sighed, then toddled off, dragging the bag of supplies behind her.
        Taking a seat on her "throne," Sailordarkcosmos put the Itsubun of the Future on her lap and opened it to see if it had any new predictions. Some previously blank pages had been filled! She read aloud, "'Sailordarkcosmos' helpers will create a situation that will draw out the Mirai senshi from their hiding place.' The Mirai senshi?"
        "Those are the members of my team," Baby Baby Love explained. "They must've come here from the future to avenge what you did to me."
        "Ahh. Too little too late, hm? This only gets more and more interesting."
        "Um, what do we do with them?" She pointed to the unconscious civilian forms of Cadmium and Tungsten.
        "Dump them on your next run for candy," Sailordarkcosmos replied.
        Baby Baby Love stared at her with her mouth hanging open. "You want more candy?!"


       ;  Only a few blocks away from Mirai Mugen lay the campus of Cherry Blossom College for Advanced Studies, also known as Sakura College. The main classroom buildings and the dorms were separate, unlike Mirai Mugen. With Tori in tow, the three Kyomu sisters walked the campus looking everything over.
        "How d-do you l-like yo-your new campus, Nezu-zumi?" Adrianna asked.
        "It looks great, sis, just great. With Tori as my dormmate, campus life should be a breeze."
        "Yeah, you didn't get stuck with a ditz for a roomie," Kikan joked.
        "I dunno, I thought Usagi was kind of sweet," said Nezumi.
        "She is; I was only joking. Though she is ditzy."
        Tori chuckled, "You got stuck with a bitch for a roomie instead," nudging Nezumi in the arm. They both had a good laugh.
        "Classes start in a few hours; you want to check out the cafeteria before then?"
        Nezumi sat down on a nearby stone slab, which was next to the stairs that led up to the main building. "Will you and Adrianna scope it out for me? I'd like to look over some of my text books before class. See what I've gotten myself into."
        Laughing, Kikan replied, "Sure," and motioned for Adrianna to come with her.
        "Scooch over," Tori said. "There's enough room there for both of us."
        Nezumi, a book open on her lap, made room for Tori to sit next to her. "Tor, what do you think of Glen? Wila's brother?"
        "I don't think of him." She began looking over her supplies to make sure she remembered everything. "Oh crap, I forgot to bring a pen, of all things. Do you have an extra?"
        "Sure." Nezumi handed her a pen. "No really, what do you think of him? Glen's kinda cute."
        "Yeah, for a loser. Spends his time hanging out with occultists and hippies, lighting candles and sprinkling herbs around the house to try to magically change the world. Glen lives in a house owned by the government, and he doesn't have a college education. You're too good for him. A talented singer like you, who's working on a degree? You're much too good for him," Tori replied, tapping the pen on her binder for emphasis.
        Nezumi obviously wasn't totally agreeing with her; her fidgety body language said it all. "But he's a very talented sculptor. Haven't you seen any of his statues?"
        "Of course; they're all over that park he works for, in the fountains and all. Wila's only taken us there about fifty times. But has Glen ever seen any big money from those sculptures? No, he makes them for the park, as part of the contract he and those girls have with the country so they can live in that house. He may have some artistic talent, but he isn't going anywhere with it." Tori examined her friend's face. "Why are you asking me this, Zuzu? You can't possibly be interested in dating Glen."
        "Maybe..." Nezumi ground the toe of her shoe into the grass. "He's obviously got a big crush on me, and, I don't know, he's pretty handsome."
        Rolling her eyes, Tori replied, "You could do so much better, Zu." She concentrated on her textbooks, tiring of the ridiculous notion of a famous, acclaimed singer like Nezumi hooking up with a poor government worker.
        Just having reached the cafeteria, Kikan and Adrianna had a look around. "Lots of room in here, plenty for a line to form for those Nezumi Kyomu autographs everyone's going to want," Kikan joked.
        Adrianna snickered. "I-I'm going to be l-lon-lonely back at th-the house with-without you two."
        "Oh, come on, you're gonna love it. You finally have your pick of rooms." Kikan ruffled her little sister's lilac hair. "Don't worry, you'll be fine, having all of Oka-san and Oto-san's* attention to yourself. Nezumi and I will see you often anyway; you'll be singing with us several times this month."
        "I know. I'll-I'll still m-miss you." Adrianna looked past Kikan. "Is th-this place b-big enough for a-a K-Kikan Kyomu autogr-graph line?"
        Two students were approaching Kikan; one had a pad and pen in her hand. She offered it to her. "Aren't you Kikan Kyomu-san? Can I have your autograph?"
        Only too happy to oblige, Kikan took the pad. "Sure. To whom should I make it out?"
        "Maneshi," the excited girl replied.
        Kikan made her out a personalized autograph. "There you go."
        "Thank you! Your last album was awesome! I practically wore out my CD."
        Laughing, Kikan thanked her for the compliment. "What about you? Would you like an autograph?"
        Taka stared intensely at Kikan's face. Inside, her stomach turned over and over at the realization--She's Princess Hathor! I can feel that she is! And this girl with her, she's Princess Adrianna! More memories, the more unpleasant ones, were flooding back now. The princesses of Hathor were reincarnated too, just like me. "Yes, I'd like an autograph. Make it out to Taka."
        "Ah, I once had a friend named Taka." Kikan wrote out the autograph.
        "Really? Small universe." Taking the paper, Taka said, "Thank you Kyomu-san."
        "You're both very welcome."
        The two girls walked away. Maneshi eyed Taka suspiciously; something was up. "What's the matter? You were so weird around her."
        "Kikan Kyomu is Princess Hathor. That means she's also Sailorhathor. I could just feel it somehow. The girl with her was Princess Adrianna. It's them, reincarnated, just like we were."
        "Wow... I should think you'd be elated. Weren't they your best friends in that life?"
        "They were... up until the night of the royal funeral for the king and queen."
        Gogog poked her head out of the flap of Maneshi's backpack. "Did you remember something else, Taka?"
        "Yes. Let's go somewhere private and I'll show you."
        Maneshi found them a corner of the cafeteria where there were hardly any students, and many booths, which provided more privacy with their high backs. Taka and Gogog performed another melding of their minds so the fox could see the memories that were troubling Taka.
        Again, handmaiden Taka was standing in the royal ballroom with Princess Hathor, looking at three sarcophaguses when there were only two dead to be mourned. "Hathor, what is the third coffin for? Why won't you answer me?"
        Princess Hathor solumnly turned to Taka with a ceremonial knife in her hand. Lightning flashed outside the window, illuminating her face and casting a shine on the knife she held next to it. "The third coffin is for the sacrifice. The king and queen must have a handmaiden to attend them in the afterlife."
        A look of shock on her face, Taka stammered, "But I'm the queen's handmaiden. You... you mean me?!"
        Tears streamed silently down Princess Hathor's face. "I'm sorry. This is part of the ceremony; it must be done... and I must do it. Please don't make it any harder on me than it already is. You must be the sacrifice."
        "Any harder on you?! I'm the one who's supposed to die here!"
        "You were trained almost your whole life to serve the king and especially the queen. It must be you who is sacrificed at the funeral tonight," Princess Hathor explained. "Please don't fight it; I don't want to be forced to have you restrained. This is just the way things are."
        Shaking her head wildly, Taka cried, "You can't do this to me! I'm your best friend. You can't kill your best friend!"
        "Do you think I want to do this?!" Hathor sobbed. "I have no more choice than you do! This is just the way things are done. You'll have an honorable death and a place of privilege in the afterlife. I'll spend the rest of my life in Hell, knowing what I had to do to you, my dear friend."
        "Oh that really makes me feel better, knowing my murder will cause you pain."
        "I don't have any choice."
        "Then neither do I." Feeling sick to her stomach, Taka started to laugh hysterically. She fell to her knees. "To think, I didn't even have to join this family. I was chosen for it. I was chosen to die." Her laughter of fright echoed all around the ballroom.
        Taka terminated the mind-meld there because she was unable to take the memory anymore. Her face was wet with tears.
        "Taka, are you alright?" Maneshi asked, handing her a tissue.
        "Hardly."
& nbsp;       "Taka showed me the rest of the memory from the night of the king and queen's funeral. It turns out Taka was to be sacrificed so they could have a handmaiden in the afterlife, and Princess Hathor was to do the sacrificing," Gogog explained.
        "Ooh... harsh. No wonder you were so freaked out around her." Maneshi cleared her throat. "Did the sacrifice take place?"
        "I'm not sure." Dabbing the tissue to her eyes, Taka continued, "That part of the memory hasn't come to me yet."
        Sighing, Maneshi asked, "So what do we do now?"
        "We watch her, but we don't fight."
        Gogog shook her furry head. "Taka, you were brought back as Sailornitrogen for a reason. You must fight."
        "I didn't say we'd stop fighting forever. Just long enough to find out which side Sailorhathor is on," Taka told her.
        "And then?"
        Taka narrowed her eyes. "Then we fight on the opposite side."

"Mamo-chan and I must have a talk about this woman Nori; this is getting too weird, the way she talks to him. But I don't know when we'll ever find the time since these Dark senshi attacks continue. Oh my gosh, who are those senshi joining in the battle?! Jupiter?! Uranus?! MIRAI?! They're all attacking... ME!"
Sailormoon Dark Episode 19: Which Cosmos is Our Cosmos? The Stand of the Mirai Senshi. The moonlight carries the message of love.

----------------------------------------------------
* Oka-san and Oto-san = Mother and Father


On to Episode 19: Which Cosmos is Our Cosmos? The Stand of the Mirai Senshi.
Back to Episodes
Back to Sailormoon Dark