Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailormoon Dark ❯ Episode 22: Facing the Doors of Hell. Soldiers Must Never Lose Hope! ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Sailormoon Dark: Episode Twenty-Two
"Facing the Doors of Hell. Soldiers Must Never Lose Hope!"

written by Laurel Wilson ( Sailorhathor@aol.com )
Inspired by the Japanese animated show Pretty Soldier Sailormoon.
The ideas for this fanfic were conceived in 1995, but this actual episode was written in April 2002.


"What is beyond the Doors of Hell?"
"Despair. Trials. And a secret."
"A secret?"
"How much do you really know about your girlfriend Charon?"
"Enough."
"You might find things beyond the Doors that surprise you."
"So, that's it? No devils? No brimstone?"
"I didn't say that."
Pretty Soldier Sailormoon Dark Episode 22: Facing the Doors of Hell. Soldiers Must Never Lose Hope! The moonlight carries the message of love.


        As she sobbed into her palms, Usagi felt a hand begin massaging her shoulder.
        "Dumpling?"         Usagi looked up to see Haruka.
        "You can't give up. You never give up. I've seen you work miracles. You're not going to let this beat you."
        Usagi was shocked to see fear in Haruka's eyes. Had she ever seen fear in those eyes? In that moment she realized that Haruka relied on her as a paragon of hope. When Usagi lost that optimism, so did others, especially Haruka. She tried to smile, but it was forced.
        "I haven't lost hope, Haruka-san. I'm just... upset." Crushed was more like it. Deeply confused. Profoundly discouraged.
        Sailormira isaturn picked up the Cosmos Brooch and brought it to Usagi. "Neo-Queen Ser--I mean Usagi-san, you said your friends made this for you. You shouldn't treat it so badly, if I may say." The girl bowed her head in respect as she placed the Brooch in Usagi's hands.
        Sweatdropping, she bowed back. "I'm sorry; you're right." Usagi held it close to her heart, feeling ashamed that she had thrown it across the room.
        Miraisaturn continued, "Perhaps you are not meant to awaken Chibiusa at this point." She stood next to the chunk of Winter Crystal that held her friend. "The cleansing of my crystal takes time. When she and Luna come out of it, they will be fully healed, but this process cannot be rushed. I know you want to make things better, but sometimes you just have to allow things to run their course, my Queen."
        Usagi put her hands against the crystal, looking through it at the still form of Chibiusa with Luna in her arms. "Are you sure this is what she would want? It's so unlike her to sit still when the world is in danger. Maybe if I tried again..."
        "Do you need to hear it straight from Chibiusa's mouth?"
        This took her aback. "How...?"
        Before their eyes, Sailormiraisaturn's hair slowly turned pink. The color seeped down her braids like water from a faucet. The irises of her eyes became red as she started to speak in Chibiusa's voice. "Usagi, let me be."
        Elios popped up out of his chair. "Otome yo! She even sounds like her!"
        "My daughter has a special clairvoyant connection to anyone encased in the Winter Crystal," Queen Saturn explained. "This connection gives her the ability to speak for them, as if she is them."
        "We have been gravely injured. Miraisaturn did the right thing when she used her Crystal on us. You have to understand that the powers of the Cosmos are too strong to be bended to your will so quickly and easily. Give it time, and you may wield them as if they were your own," the Miraisaturn/Chibiusa conglomerate girl said. "For now, we need time for our wounds to heal. The Winter Crystal is ideal for this task. Don't take this as your failure. You should be concentrating on your new enemy, not me. Baka Usagi."
        Falling back on old habits, Usagi angrily stamped her foot. "Chibiusa, shut your-" A smile slowly crossed her face. "Some things never change," she said, shaking her head.
        "Otome yo." Elios approached Sailormiraisaturn. "Are you sure this is the way it has to be? I miss you very much."
        "Elios, my first and only love..." Miraisaturn held his face tenderly in both of her hands, as if she was his loving wife. "I know you're worried about me, but I will eventually be fine. Just give me this time. Our child needs you, Elios. You must go back to the past with Usagi and the others to be there for Nozomi. She needs her father."
        "Of course! But we must take you too. You're not safe here alone."
        Michiru eyed the hover pedestal. "It shouldn't be too hard, with her placed on top of that." Then she looked at the huge chunk of crystal. "I just hope we can get her through the door..."
        Approaching Elios and his "wife," Usagi promised, "I will help him take care of Nozomi. We'll make sure she's kept safe, and knows that you love her."
        "Thank you, Usagi. You remind me more and more of my mother as you get older. Every day, you become more the Queen," Chibiusa declared.
        Usagi beamed with pride.
        "I should rest. Goodbye, my love, for now." Sailormiraisaturn closed her eyes. As the pink was just beginning to fade from her hair, Elios grabbed her face in his hands.
        "Chibiusa-chan, I love you!" He planted a very passionate kiss on her mouth.
        "Um, Elios-san?" Queen Saturn attempted to get his attention; the pink coloring faded faster and faster from her daughter's hair.
        At first, Miraisaturn kissed back as if she was Chibiusa. But as her hair settled back into its shade of dark teal, her eyes popped open. They were purple again. And open wide.
        Elios felt the kiss change on Otome yo's end, so he also opened his eyes. Both looked at each other with growing shock. The other Mirai senshi giggled in the beat of silence that followed.
        Suddenly both Elios and Miraisaturn pushed away from the other. "Oh, uh, sorry. I got a bit carried away." He put a hand to his lips.
        In response, Sailormiraisaturn gave a brief bow of her head, to acknowledge what he'd said, and then stood quietly while a deep blush crept into her cheeks.
        "Uhhh... perhaps you should prepare to go..." Queen Saturn suggested, trying to change the subject for her embarassed daughter.
        "Wait a minute!" Sailormiraiuranus cried. She startled half the people in the room with the sudden outburst. "Elios, you were watching a memory disk when we came in, yes?" She put her hand on the computer console.
        Recalling the particular memory that had been up on the screen when they came in, Elios grew sheepish. "Er, yes."
        "This computer has been loaded with the memories of this kingdom for many years."
        "Right." Queen Saturn wondered where she was going with this.
        "Couldn't we then watch some of the disks from the past to find out how this entire battle ends? Perhaps these memories will reveal to us what our next move should be. So we can win this war!" Sailormiraiuranus suggested, pounding a fist on the console.
        Considering it, everyone looked at each other. "Well... maybe..."
        "It's worth a try. But we have to remember that any memories we view could only lead us to an alternate future. We must be careful what we trust to be a solution to the problem. Don't you think so, Plu-"
        Queen Saturn turned to Setsuna as she spoke, but was shocked to see Sailormiraipluto standing before her mother with the Time Key ready to attack. "Pestilent Howl." The two red orbs sped out of her Talisman before anyone had time to react. There was a small explosion as the Pestilent orbs struck the memory module.
        Sailormiraiuran us jumped back. "What did you do that for?! You almost hit me!"
        "I cannot allow those from the past to see their own future. It is, for the most part, forbidden. I am sorry," Miraipluto explained, bowing her head.
        Setsuna shrugged sheepishly. "She has a point, even if she was a bit hasty about it."
        Looking at the floor, Miraipluto sighed, "I don't need you to make excuses for me."
        Haruka and Michiru looked at each other; why was the kid so defensive? Setsuna was understandably bewildered.
        Angrily, Sailormiraiuranus responded, "Why'd you have to blow up the memory module to tell us that?! Couldn't you just say hey, it's forbidden, don't do that?! And those memories are not a part of our future--why couldn't we have looked at them?"
        His eyes full of hurt, Elios glared at Miraipluto. "My memory disks were in there. Several of them."
        Miraipluto bowed her head again. "I'm sorry, but it could not be helped. This was my decision to make, and it was the right one. If you had been allowed to view those memories, undoubtedly you would have communicated those memories to the past versions of your mothers. I could not allow it."
        Haruka looked at Michiru again, discreetly, and silently communicated her suspicions about the girl's motives for blowing up the module. At the same time, Miraiuranus furrowed her brow at Miraineptune, also harboring the same suspicions.
        Usagi smiled at Chibiusa through the crystal encasing as she ran her hands over its surface. "It's alright; we'll figure this all out together. Let's go home now."


      &n bsp; Osiris and Isis stood at the base of the pyramid as Sailorcharon, Helium, and Hikaru approached over the opposite side.
        "I still don't see why we can't just go through the pyramid," Helium remarked.
        "You can't just walk through someone's house like that all the time; it's rude."
        "But I'm getting thunder thighs climbing this thing." Sailorhelium noticed the kid, Ma'at, sitting on the stairs. As they descended toward her, Sailorma'at stopped reading her book and looked up at them. "What's the look for, kid? Did someone di-"
        Isis and Osiris had the same look. The "I have bad news" look.
        "What is it?" Charon asked. Something was definitely wrong.
        "Sailorcharon, I don't think you should venture into Hell again. Ever. Please, for me, don't go," Sailorisis begged.
        "What happened?"
        Ma'at cut in with, "Anubis went into Hell to get the coins for you. She didn't get them. Hel kicked her ass."
        "Ma'at!" Isis barked scoldingly. "Don't be so tactless." She turned back to Sailorcharon and the others. "What Ma'at said is true. Sailoranubis snuck into Hell last night and was beaten very badly. She said she was trying to get your coins for you, but Hel wouldn't let her in."
        "Where is she?"
        "In her cottage."
        Sailorcharon charged off toward the cottage, with Helium following her. Hikaru, feeling intimidated by the story of what had happened to Anubis, stayed behind. They needed to work this out alone anyway.
        "Why do you keep talking about Hell as if it is a person?" Sailorhelium asked.
        As they stepped up onto Anubis' porch, Charon replied, "Because it is. There are two versions of the word down here. There's Hell, the place. Tartarus. Then there's the person, Sailorhel. The sentinel of the city of the damned."
        Stunned, Helium asked, "So when we go down into this pit, this Sailorhel will be there to try to keep us out?"
        "That's the long and the short of it."
        Sitting down on the stairs, Hikaru asked Ma'at what she was reading.
        "It's a Choose Your Own Adventure book. My favorite kind. Here, help me with this one. There's a prized treasure on the other side of a river, and to get it, I have to cross a log. But the way is really treacherous. The log is all wet and slippery, and the river is full of alligators. My choices are to try to make my way across the log, or turn back and forget the treasure. What should I do?"
        Looking at the Doors to Hell, Hikaru smirked. "I get it. You should brave crossing that slippery log and go for the treasure." She glanced sidelong at Sailorma'at. "I mean, it's just a story, right?"
        "For me, anyway." Ma'at smirked back. "For some of us, the treacherous way is real."
        "That it is." It didn't matter what had happened to Sailoranubis, nor how bad the way was--Hikaru was determined to march right into Hell and find her prized treasure. Her transformation wand.
        Charon and Helium saw just how bad it was when they entered Anubis' bedroom. The senshi lay in bed with one swollen leg propped up on a pillow. Her face was bruised as if someone had beaten her head into a wall, with two swollen, black eyes. One eyelid had cracked open, the wound held together with a band-aid, and Anubis' forehead sported a huge goose-egg.
        Even worse were the burns on her arms, and other places hidden by the sheets. Sailorisis had wrapped them as best she could, but several were still visible, especially the burns on Anubis' upper chest.
        Sailorhelium stared at her, stunned into silence. She had endured such a beating for someone who didn't even love her anymore... did Sailoranubis really want Charon that badly? Look at those injuries! "I'll be in the living room," Helium croaked before retreating.
        Sailorcharo n sat on the edge of the bed. "Why did you do it?"
        "Because you need those coins for your parents," Anubis rasped. "I wanted it so much for you, so you could be happy. I love you, Sailorcharon."
        Charon gingerly touched the band-aid on her eyelid. A cut like that must've bled a great deal. She swallowed hard, feeling guilty that she could not return Anubis' love. "I appreciate that you want me to be happy, but you could have been killed. You shouldn't do such things for my love."
        "I thought if I could only get those coins, you would be so impressed and grateful that you might love me again. I wasn't prepared for Sailorhel's attack. But once I heal, I will try again."
        "Anubis, stop. You're not going back in. No one is going in. It's not worth this."
        "But this is what you've been hoping for ever since you came here," Sailoranubis nearly cried. "You can't give up on it because of what happened to me."
        "It doesn't matter. I order you to stay here and rest, and forget about getting the coins." For a moment, Charon softened her tone. "Thank you for caring so much for me that you would do a fool thing like this. But don't do it again, okay?"
        "Did it work?"
        Charon sighed. "I'm touched. But let's leave it there for now, alright?"
        "Message received." Sailoranubis kept her eyes down, off Charon's face. At that moment, she couldn't stand to look at her face. "You better go talk to Isis; she practically had an aneurysm when she found out what I had done." Truthfully, Anubis just wanted to be alone. After all she'd endured, Charon still didn't love her.
        "I will. Rest. I'll be back to look in on you later."
        Sailorhelium turned to Charon with a look of concern when she came out of the bedroom. "I heard what you said. Are we really not going?"
        Discreetly, Charon took her out onto the front porch and closed the door. "I just told Anubis that so she'd rest and let herself heal. I'm still going."
        "And I'm still going with you."
        "No. I'm not letting anyone else get hurt like Sailoranubis. I will get the coins by myself." Charon charged down the porch steps.
        Helium instantly followed her. "We're not going to do this song and dance. I'm coming with you and that's that." Truthfully, a part of her wished none of them were going--she kept picturing Anubis lying in that bed looking like death warmed over. Why had Hel done that to her just for trying to enter her realm and get a couple of coins?
        Inside the cottage, her hand over her eyes, Sailoranubis wept, no matter how much it made her swollen, battered eyes ache.
        Sailorcharon sighed, stopping by one of the headstones in the Necropolis. "Baby, I appreciate the heroics. But I could never live with it if you got hurt like that.
        "I'm going to speak to Sailorisis for a minute." She walked away.
        Helium rejoined her friend Hikaru on the stairs, and explained what had happened to Anubis. "Sailorcharon doesn't want us to go; she's worried we'll get hurt like that too."
        "But we have to go! I've got to cross the slippery log!"
        "Huh?!"
  ;       Sailorma'at opened her book. "We're doing a Choose Your Own Adventure story. I've got one for you, because I can't decide what to do. My friend has gone into a haunted house and told me to wait outside for her. She's been gone a really long time. In fact, I thought I heard her scream just now. My choices are to go inside the house after her, or turn back and go for help." She looked up with an expectant grin.
        There wasn't even a pause before Sailorhelium replied, "I'd go in the house after her." She thought about it before her face broke into a huge smile, and she laughed. "That's what I'm going to do right now."
        Hikaru smiled too. "We're not letting her go in there alone."
        Next thing Charon knew, Sailorhelium and Hikaru had her under each arm and were carrying her toward the Doors of Hell. "Can I help you?"
        "Come on, let's go. Your parents need those coins."
        "I told you-"
        "Yeah I know what you told me. Doesn't matter. I'm not letting you get hurt either. Friends don't let friends go into haunted houses alone."
        Charon scrunched up her face in disbelief. "Are you two nuts? Hikaru, you're defenseless, and Helium, you're too cute to wind up a mass of bruises. Do you have any idea where we're going, or do you think I've changed the destination to Disneyworld?"
        "Sailorch aron, this is the perfect opportunity for me to be offered my transformation wand. It's the only way I'm ever going to get it," Hikaru said.
        Helium added, "Besides, I have a plan."
        "I gotta hear this one."
        "Anubis was burned. Well that's no problem! Helium doesn't burn! I faced Sailormars before, and she has fire attacks--her powers were useless against me. They just disappeared when they struck my body. It's perfect! I'll draw Sailorhel's fire and you take her down."
        "Hey, that's good!" Hikaru agreed.
        Doing a slowburn, Sailorcharon let out a deep sigh. "Is it really that important to you?"
        Helium put her hands on Charon's shoulders. "If you don't get those coins, you'll be miserable. If I don't go with you, you could get really hurt. And if Hikaru doesn't get her transformation wand, she'll become even harder to live with. Yes, it's very important to all of us."
        Charon finally nodded. "Alright. It is a good plan." She paused. "Let's do it."
        Isis and Osiris watched the three girls step through the viel and walk to the iron Doors of Hell. The tall metal doors, carved with the images of monsters and angels, swung open to receive them.
        "You're going to let them go in alone?" Osiris asked, knowing his wife better than that.
        Shaking her head, Sailorisis replied, "No. I'm calling in a favor. They'll have an escort."


       ;  There was a loud metallic clang as the Doors swung shut behind them. Sailorcharon, Helium, and Hikaru faced the land ahead. In the middle of this place was a city, aways in the distance, and right before them was a road that wound repeatedly around the city, going deeper into Hell. On either side of the road lay barren fields of dead trees covered by a dense grey fog that made it hard to see any of the details of the city or the mountains that surrounded the land of Hell. The place was permeated with the smell of sulphur and the faint screams of people in pain.
        "Wow... the sky really is red in here..." Looking up at the sky, Sailorhelium turned around until the huge Doors behind her fell into her field of vision. "Hey, this side is carved too!"
        On the back of each door was the carving of a woman, each holding hands with the other across the split between the doors. They were both enshrouded in long beautiful dresses, with flowing hair, but the strange thing was that they both had twisted horns growing out of their heads.
        Sailorhelium suddenly gasped. "That's you! The girl on the left is you!"
        Charon almost blushed. "Yes, it's me. They consider me one of the protectors of Hell because I guard the Gates of the Underworld. It's symbolic."
        "That explains the horns, then. Who's the other woman?"
        Charon ducked her head a bit. "Sailorhel. She and I are forming a protective chain with our arms."
        "Oh." Helium couldn't help but think there was more to that carving.
        Hikaru warned, "I hear something out there," as her eyes darted back and forth like a frightened rabbit.
        There were indeed noises coming from the thick fog hanging beside the road. The sounds of chains rattling, wheel axles squeaking, people moaning... the most unsettling noise, though, was the sound of some humongous, ungodly creature dragging itself through the barren field to their right.
        "What is that?" Hikaru asked.
        "I don't know; I've never seen it," Sailorcharon replied. "I come in here very infrequently. But truthfully, I don't think I want to see it."
        "I do!" cried Hikaru, although she was still scared. "I'll die of curiousity if I don't."
        Rolling her eyes, Sailorhelium took Hikaru by the arm and led her down the road. "No Hellbeast for you. You need a normal boyfriend."
        Hikaru grumbled, "I didn't come here to find a boyfriend..." As they walked a bit further, a strange thought occured to her. "We're heading for that city, and it's called Hell, right?"
        "Yes."
&nbs p;       "And this road leads to that city."
        "Uh huh."
        "For all intents and purposes, you could call this road a highway, couldn't you?"
        "I suppose so."
        Helium and Hikaru looked at each other; the same thought popped into their heads simultaneously. They suddenly began to sing. "I'm on the highway to Hell! Highway to Hell! I'm on the highway to Hell! Highway to He-eeeell!"*
        "Oh lord..." Charon walked ahead of them, trying not to laugh.
        The two girls began to chuckle loudly at their own joke. Next thing they knew, the source of the sounds of rattling chains and squeaking wheels came so close that it crossed right in front of them.
        All three senshi stopped to gape at the cart crossing the road. It was being pulled by two ill-looking women with rags for clothes, sunken eyes, undernourished bodies, and jaundiced skin. They held the bit attached to the reigns, made of chains, in their mouths. A large muscular man with grey skin, bright red hair, and menacing horns on his head drove the cart. His eyes simply did not exist; instead, he had Y-shaped scars where eyes would normally be. The man-beast whipped the women with a cat-o-nine-tails so they would go faster.
        "Ohhhh..." they groaned in protest.
        "I heard laughing," the man said in an amused tone. His scar eyes seemed to look right at the three creeped-out senshi. "We rarely hear such things down here. But then, you three delectables don't belong here."
        Sailorcharon made sure he saw the Key of Styx. "You know who I am, and you will respect me. Move on."
        "Of course, my lady." His tone was still a bit defiant, but he did move the cart on. The back of the cart held a cage full of more sick-looking people.
        "Hey, you there, help me out of here!" one woman cried to the senshi. "Please! I don't belong here! All I did was kill one man because he cheated on me. I did it quick! I was merciful! I don't belong here..." The woman fell quiet as the cart disappeared into the fog.
        Charon shook her head, remarking, "She'll be here for awhile."
        Absolutely shocked and amazed, Hikaru blurted, "I've never seen anything like that. What was it?!"
        "This land is full of its own breeds, just like the surface world. He was a breed of demon, one who has an actual job here. Not a guy you want to spend any time with."
        "Oh, I don't know. If he has a job, I'd say he should stay on Hikaru's list of potential boyfriends," Sailorhelium added.
        Hikaru smacked her on the arm. "I'm looking for more than just a guy who can pay for dinner. This place just got a whole lot creepier. Let's get to the city and get those coins before we become the main course in a hentai flick."
        They hadn't been walking for more than a minute when another strange sound met their ears. "Was that a motorcycle I just heard?"
        Hikaru grabbed Helium's arm. "It's coming from behind us!"
        They looked, but could not see anything behind them because the fog enveloped the road where they had been. Suddenly a motorcycle came out of the dense greyness, followed by another, and another... each cycle was driven by a pale, human-appearing rider with gloriously beautiful raven-black wings protruding from his or her back.
        At first Hikaru gasped, but relaxed a little when she saw the cyclists appeared human. They circled the three girls before finally stopping.
        "Isis sent us," the leader declared. "We are your escorts to the city of Hell. I'm E." He brushed some of his dark brown bangs out of his eyes and grinned.
        Such a cute, mischievous smile, Hikaru thought. "Just E?"
        "It's my nickname. That's Dags," pointing to a black-haired girl in a long skirt she'd tied between her knees so she could ride the cycle without trouble, "Amano, and Akemi."
        The others gave a wave or a nod of their head.
        "How do you wear tops with those wings?" Hikaru curiously asked.
        "You cut holes in 'em. The feathers make the wings look much larger than they really are; it's not hard to get the wings through the holes," explained E.
        "Really? I'd like to see how you do that some-"
        "Ahem," Sailorhelium interrupted. "As much as I don't want to break up this conversation, we really should get going."
        "But I don't even know what they are yet!" protested Hikaru.
        "That's easy." E turned to show her the back of his denim jacket. It read HELL'S ANGELS.
        "Hell's Angels?"
        "The one and only real thing," E said, wiggling his eyebrows.
        "Oh this place is unreal." Approaching the cycle, Hikaru looked at his wings curiously. "I want to ride with you."
        "Hop on. In front," E told Hikaru, making room for her.
        She climbed onto the seat.
        Smirking, Sailorhelium looked at Charon. "People find love in the strangest places."
        "Speak for yourself." Charon leaned on her. "Who do you want to ride with?"
        E revved up the cycle, sniffing at the side of Hikaru's neck. "You've only transformed once. Are you looking for your henshin wand?"
        Hikaru nodded as she watched a strange creature fly overhead, something like a cross between a flying dinosaur and a mountain goat.
        "I want to help you find it." E revved the cycle again. "Let's roll."


      & nbsp; The road wound around and around the city several times, getting closer on each lap. All the way it was surrounded by the fog that closed in behind them. "This road is on a decline, isn't it?" Sailorhelium asked.
        "Yeah. You get deeper into Earth as you get closer to Hell," Dags replied.
        "I'm glad we don't have to walk back, then. Uphill."
        Dags chuckled.
        The fog cleared ahead of them to the point that they could see Hell fairly clearly. The city was completely surrounded by a fence of barbed wire, from top to bottom, which was attached to a very tall gate. A red neon sign on the gate reminded them of where they were: HELL.
        "So, Hell is Las Vegas?" Sailorhelium joked.
        "Not enough neon. And no Wayne Newton."
        Suddenly another car came around them, driving crazily, with a screaming man behind the wheel. The car fishtailed as it approached the gate. "I told him not to cook the house! But he wouldn't listen to me! He hid inside the red silk bedsheets!" the man yelled.
        The gate into Hell swung open with a deafening squeal and out stepped Sailorhel. Her long dark green hair enveloped two twisted white horns, coming out of her head, and her golden pupilless eyes followed the car as it neared. The entire right side of her body lay in deep black shadow. Sailorhel carried a green staff marked with upside down crosses that had a funnel-like cup on one end; the cup held several flaming chunks of brimstone. In the middle of her front bow was a gold and silver plaque carved with a heart, the Heart of Hell.
        "Let me guess... Sailorhel?" Hikaru commented.
        The woman took the time to regard the motorcycles too. "Who approaches? Is that my daughter?"
        Seeing that the car wasn't going to stop, Hel pointed her staff at it. "Brimstone Psy-Burst!" A few of the brimstone fireballs flew out of the funnel and hit the car head on. FWOOSH, BOOOOOOM!! Everyone cringed and shielded their eyes as the car exploded.
        "Gaaaaaah!" the driver screamed. He floated out of the reckage, revealing himself to be nothing but a ghostly spectre, his rags still smoldering. The car was reduced to ashes.
        "I sure am glad I'm not her daughter, whoever she is." Sailorhelium saw Charon's face in reaction. "You?!"
        Sheepishly, Charon replied, "You know how we all had families in our past lives, during Silver Millenium times?"
        "Yeah..."
& nbsp;       "Sailorhel is my mother."

"Our business here is simple. We only want the coins."
"I cannot let you pass."
"It's for the sake of my parents!"
"I am your only parent."
"Hey, it's not so much to ask, to make your daughter happy."
"Nothing so precious is worth having unless it is fought for. That is the only way to influence the decision of Fate. I am the Decider of Outcomes. I will be the one who weighs your determination."
Sailormoon Dark Episode 23: The Heart's Deepest Pit. The Decision of Thanatos. The moonlight carries the message of love.

----------------------------------------------------

* lyrics from the song "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC


On to Episode 23: The Heart's Deepest Pit. The Decision of Thanatos.
Back to Episodes
Back to Sailormoon Dark