Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailormoon Dark ❯ Episode 29: Who is Central Control? The Life of the Party, That's Who! ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Sailormoon Dark: Episode Twenty-Nine
"Who is Central Control? The Life of the Party, That's Who!"

Written by Laurel Wilson ( Sailorhathor@aol.com )
Inspired by the Japanese animated show Pretty Soldier Sailormoon.
The ideas for this fanfic were conceived in 1995, but this actual episode was written in December 2002-January 2003.

The character 'Nelope (SailorColour) appears courtesy of Snow/SailorCharon, who wrote all of 'Nelope's lines and descriptions. She comes from Snow's fanfic series which is not currently available online.


"Who is Central Control? What is this party all about? You don't think there's anything sinister behind this, do you?"
"It's awfully strange that the party is taking place at the Witches' house. Are they Central Control?"
"Wait, we're giving a party today?"
"How many people do you think they invited?"
"We invited people somewhere?"
"I think we should go to make sure nothing evil is at work at this party."
"I hope you have fun at this party we're not giving. Anyway, I--what? We got a letter? It says we're giving a party on behalf of Central Control?! Eh hehhehheh... is my face red."
Pretty Soldier Sailormoon Dark Episode 29: Who is Central Control? The Life of the Party, That's Who! The moonlight carries the message of love.


        "Who is Central Control?!"
        After looking at Lammas' hand on her arm as if she had been insulted, Mannaka pulled it away. "Don't make demands of me in such a familiar manner. You're not my Boss."
        Soldierlammas sighed, trying to calm himself down. "I'm sorry, I'm just confused and would like some answers. Please..."
        "Did you ever consider that maybe there are things you are not supposed to know?"
        "Can't you tell us something?" Lammas pressed.
        Colour cocked a brow at Lammas, and poked his arm gently. "You stupid bein'. What she jus' say?"
        Lammas just gave her an annoyed look; he was too focused on the situation to respond.
        Mannaka bent to pick up her book and put it on the desk. "Look, I don't know what I'm allowed to tell you. I would have to talk to the Boss first." She took out an odd metallic purple object, shaped like a chevron, and rubbed at its surface. "You will be contacted when we have decided what you should know." The desk and the space around Mannaka began to glow with a deep red light. Soldierlammas, surprised, took a step back. The light pooled around the bottom of the desk, and seemed to pull it down into the floor, as if the light formed a gateway into some other location. Mannaka and the computer, Theta, disappeared with it.
        "Where'd she get the elevator into another dimension?" Soldierlammas joked, but out of frustration.
        Yule let out a sigh and smoothed down her Barbie doll's hair. "I hope they decide to tell us what's going on; I gotta know how my doll got involved. How'd they get it?!"
        Suddenly, all of the lights in the cafe went out. "You think they want us to leave?" Jupiter joked in the dark.
        The group filed out dutifully and the doors promptly locked behind them. Lammas yanked at the door handles. "They must really have something to hide."
        Colour sighed and shook her head, odango bobbing slightly. "Secrets somethin' to hide bein', Lammas knows..."
        "Yeah, I know... but some secrets are dangerous," Soldierlammas commented. "Some can get us killed."
        Sailorc osmos gasped. "You don't think... it's a dollnapping ring?!"
        A full round of facevaults went around the group.


      & nbsp; Aquamarine's heavyset, chain-smoking boss circled her as he raved happily about her latest coverage of the senshi. "The ratings went up several points after your first interview with the mysterious senshi. Then, they went up several more points after your broadcast the other day. People love your reports on the senshi and the potential danger they represent!"
        A secretary walked up and handed him a sheet of paper. The station manager read it, smiling. "Preliminary station polls show that 20% of our viewers already have less confidence in the senshi due to your coverage. That'll keep them watching! You've really hit on a hot topic here, Black-san. I want you to keep it up. See if you can score a complete interview with this Sailorcosmos before long, all right?"
        "I can do it, sir!" Aquamarine replied cheerfully.
        "Wonderful! Now I've got to get back to work, but I just had to say, nice job."
        "Thank you sir." She watched as the station manager popped his cigar back into his mouth and lumbered away, a couple of secretaries right on his heels with papers that needed his approval.
        Aquamarine clapped her cameraman on the back. "What are you looking so glum about? Did you hear the boss?"
        "Yes, I heard him," Kamera responded. He fidgeted back and forth in a swivel chair. "I'm just not that happy about it. I have nothing against the senshi." Turning to face her, Kamera asked, "A.M.-san, why are you so bent on destroying the reputation of the senshi? Don't you think they've done good in this world?"
        With a sigh, Aquamarine sat in a nearby chair. "I've seen a side of them that most have not seen. They're not all innocent and pure. They've been responsible for death before."
        This took Kamera aback; it showed on his face. "Death?"
        "Yes."
&nb sp;       "You mean the evildoers who have tried to destroy the Earth in the past, right? They don't count."
        Aquamarine glared at him sharply, her eyes angry. "Of course they count!" Pausing, she sat back to attempt to get control of herself before she got any angrier. "In the past, I had two half-brothers. We had the same mother... we were all a part of a clan. Their father had died in a war, but my father, he traveled with us. We came here to... well, we came here, and... it was their fault. The senshi. It was their fault that my beloved died."
        Perplexed, Kamera asked, "Your beloved?"
        Aquamarine swiveled lightly in her chair. "When I was very young, I was betrothed to the older of my half brothers." She avoided looking at Kamera's face because she knew he would disapprove.
        "Your half-brother?! People still marry that closely into the family in this day and age?"
        "Where I came from, it wasn't taboo."
        "But, brother and sister-even half-it's so closely related. I can't believe any parent would arrange such a marriage," Kamera exclaimed in disbelief.
        "I told you, I don't come from here!" Aquamarine yelled, suddenly angry again. "Honestly, why do you people always think everything should be done your way?!"
        Kamera blinked in silence, a bit shocked. "You people? Do you mean Japanese people, like me?"
        "No, that's not what I meant."
        "Then what did you mean?"
        Aquamarine thought a moment, not looking at him. "As we grew up together, I fell more and more in love with him. We were to be married once I turned 18. But... he died protecting Sailor Moon. The senshi could have stopped it. Sailor Moon made him love her instead of me, but she had no intention of ever requiting his love. Sailor Moon led him to his death."
        Shaking his head, Kamera stood up. "I don't know what you're talking about. You sound like a raving lunatic." He walked away in anger.
        Aquamarine settled back in her chair, sighing, and thought about a time when she was happier, before Sailor Moon. A time more than 900 years in the future.
        A young, handsome boy with white hair joyously looked over a single flower with his younger, raven-haired brother. "Brother, look! A flower!" Safir cried.
        Bending over to look at the small, blue flower, Demando replied, "Yeah, it's beautiful."
        "It's been so long," Safir continued wistfully. Flowers did not grow on Nemesis like they did on Earth; there were so few of them. This royal garden overlooking Nemesis' one small ocean was the only place they would grow.
        Prince Demando straightened up. Even as a child, he gave off an air of confidence and power. Safir obviously admired it. "That's right, and here on Nemesis, we only get small flowers." He smirked. "One day, we will go back to the Earth that rejected us, and we'll get a field of flowers."
        "Right! I know that you can do it, for sure!" Safir happily responded. His love for his big brother poured forth from his smile almost every moment that he was with him.
        But, unexpectedly, they were interrupted. "Now, let us go, young prince," a deep voice commanded from behind Safir. They turned to see that it was the Wise Man of their clan, Lawsonite Geode, standing with his daughter and their half-sister, Aquamarine. He wore his usual deep purple cloak around his neck, fastened at one shoulder by a large cluster of geode crystals. She was a small blonde child dressed in royal finery, pulling a slinky dog toy behind her. It came from Earth.
        "You found a pretty flower!" Aquamarine exclaimed. She skipped over to take a better look at it.
        The two boys tried to ignore Lawsonite; since their father had died, he had been trying to take the man's place in their lives, but the Wise Man of one's clan should know his place, they thought. Although young, they knew of their mother's deceit of their father while he was still alive--Aquamarine was proof of it. She and the Wise Man... such shame it had brought on their clan! But, this wasn't the child's fault, and so they tried to treat her like a regular sister. "Yes, it is a very beautiful flower, hm? If it wasn't the only one, I would pick it for you."
        "Then you could put it in your hair," Prince Demando continued. "And it would set off the blue in your eyes." Such charm for such a young man!
        Young Aquamarine giggled, hugging her slinky dog to her chest. "Thank you, Demando-sama."
        A lovely woman in a fine, navy-colored dress approached the children, putting a hand on young Safir's shoulders. "Children, the Wise Man was calling you to dinner." She stroked Demando's hair lovingly; it was very much like her own white hair, save for hers having shining blue streaks all through it.
        "Mama, look what Demando found! A flower!"
        The Queen of Nemesis looked down at the bastard daughter she had never meant to have and tried to smile. One day, she and Lawsonite, they would erase all of their shame. But for now, the child had to be brought up like all royalty. Aquamarine would most likely turn out to be Nemesis' most divine protector. "That's a very beautiful flower, sweetheart. Be careful not to step on it."
        As she passed Lawsonite, he reached out and touched her hair admiringly. "Lady Celestite... no flower could be as beautiful as this hair," Lawsonite said quietly. After a moment of debating within herself, the queen gave in to her emotions and wrapped an arm around her adulterous lover, then walked back to the castle with him and the children. Demando cringed; Aquamarine wondered why. She was still too young to understand.
        But now, she understood. Adult Aquamarine imagined that Kamera would eventually come around, given some time to cool off. If only she could explain everything to her coworker and friend... but he'd think she was crazy. If only I could tell you that when I said 'you people,' I meant Earthlings.


    &nbs p;   Haruka barely noticed the gold eyes peering over the edge of her desk because she was focusing on her class work. I know we need to keep an eye on Mirai Mugen, but is sticking me in computer classes really the best way? she complained with an inner sigh. A small hand slipped up on the desk, filled with envelopes. "What do you have there, Little Girl?"
        Nozomi smiled; she'd been noticed! "I brought in the mail."
        "Well wasn't that nice of you. Thank you." Haruka took the envelopes and flipped through them. "Hm, this one's from our benefactor."
        Michiru curiously peered over Haruka's shoulder. "Another check?" She munched on a fancy cookie, decorated with sweet icing. Nozomi reached for it in a begging manner.
        "I don't know until I open it," replied Haruka, getting the letter opener.
        "Then open it," Michiru teased.
        Nozomi danced frustratedly in place. "Uh, uhhh, Michiru-san..."
        Haruka took out the letter. "No check, just a letter this time. It's addressed to you, me, Setsuna, and Hotaru. Very odd."
        "Uh, uhm, uhhh, Michirooooo..." whined Nozomi, her hands opening and closing in anticipation.
        "Will you give her a cookie so I can read this out loud without being interrupted?" Haruka suggested, a little too forcefully. Nozomi cringed.
        With an apologetic smile, Michiru handed the child several cookies out of the box. Examining the lovely icing decorations on the cookies immediately took Nozomi's mind off whether or not she had made Haruka mad. "Pretty," she cooed, and chomped into one before wandering away.
        "Okay," Haruka began, watching the child for a moment to make sure she wasn't going to wolf down the cookies and instantly ask for more, as children often did. "The letter says, 'It has come to our attention that some of our beneficiaries have grown curious about exactly who we are and why we do what we do. For these people, we have planned a meet and greet party today at the address below. Even if you are not familiar with us, we hope you will attend! Many of your questions will be answered. Sincerely, Central Control.' You think there's some trick here?"
        The energetic Nozomi started skipping around the couch while singing, "This is the song that doesn't end. It just goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll just keep on singing it forever just because this is the song that doesn't end..."
        At this point, her kitty Mare joined in, trooping along behind Nozomi and singing too. "...It just goes on and on my friend..."
        "Did you express any curiosity to Central Control about who they are?" Michiru asked.
        "How? They never include a return address, just this logo on the corner of the envelope."
        "Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll just keep on singing it forever just because..." Now Diana had ventured into the living room to see what all the singing was about, and joined the troop.
        "Should we go to the party?"
        "We might find out some valuable information. I think we should go. But not all of us; just you and me," Haruka said. Her eyes darted to the skipping group circling the couch and back to Michiru. "That way, if it is some sort of trick, we don't all get caught in it."
        "This is the song that doesn't end..."
        "Sounds like a good plan. Where is the party being held?"
        "It just goes on and on my friend..."
        Haruka looked at the letter. "What is this? The party's being held at the Witches' house. This is their address." Her eyes peered at Nozomi for a second again; Michiru could tell she was getting irritated. "That worries me. I think we should get ready to go right now. JUN! Jun-san!"
        Jun came into the living room, immediately smiling at the cheerful little girl and the cats. "Yes?"
        "Michiru and I will be going out, and we have some very serious things to discuss before we go. Will you take Nozomi to the park? She's got a lot of energy to burn..."
        "Oh, of course. Is this something I can help with?"
        "We'll let you know. Thank you."
        Giving Haruka a bow, Jun interrupted Nozomi's song by jumping in front of her and saying, "May we continue the song that doesn't end at the park?"
        "Can we go to the college instead?" Nozomi asked.
        "The college? What would you want to go there for?" The realization showed on Jun's face. "Oh, you're hoping we'll run into your friend Momono."
        Nozomi nodded with a shy little smile.
        "I understand. We'll swing by the college," Jun promised, and stroked the girl's ponytails.
        "Yay! This is the song that doesn't end..." Nozomi skipped out the front door with the others following her.
        Shaking her head, Haruka mumbled, "The kid's just happy and wants to sing a little song, and I can't deal with having her in the same room with me; how could I ever be anyone's Papa?" She sighed, running a hand through her hair.
        Michiru, her eyes softening, hugged Haruka around the neck. "You're going to make a wonderful Papa." She rubbed her cheek into Haruka's hair.
        Smiling, Haruka touched one of Michiru's hands, a small, tender gesture that spoke volumes for her. "I love you too, Michiru." There was a pause of reflection between the two of them before Haruka continued. "Now, what to wear to the party, ne?"


      &nb sp; Standing in her own corner of shadow, Sailordarkmercury held her side in shaking hands. The jagged white crystal Sailorcosmos had sent after her had dissolved days ago, but the injury it left when it stabbed her in the kidney was still very much there. Darkmercury put her hand over the stab wound, then looked at her fingers in amazement. Besides blood, there was stuffing oozing out of her wound. Doll stuffing. "What am I?" she whispered.
        Besides the pain, Darkmercury found her head filled with confusing thoughts... thoughts that what she was doing was wrong, that she should stop fighting against her friends, that Sailordarkcosmos needed to die... "She poisoned me," Darkmercury declared. "Her white crystal injected a poison right into me."
        Nearby, Darkcosmos sat in a separate veil of shadow with her head leaning on her hand. "They failed again."
        "They did," Baby Baby Love replied. "Are you really surprised?"
        Sailor DarkV barged into the conversation. "I almost had them! Who knew they'd get help from a pink puffball? Besides, Darkmerc downloaded lots of information off their computer--that's gotta be worth something."
        Sailordarkc osmos rolled her eyes, yawning. "I guess."
        "Oh, and there's this!" Sailor DarkV took out a blue arrow. "See? I've got several of these things left over from that girl's attack, that SailorColour. They should work in the Dream Eater, right?"
        Sitting forward a little, Darkcosmos examined the blue arrow without touching it. "All right, you're off the hook. But I know where those things were before you removed them--you're getting the rest of them from there to the Dream Eater."
        Baby Baby Love interjected, "Sailordarkcosmos, may I attempt to get rid of some of the Witches with my new Elemental slaves? I don't want to get rusty."
        Darkcosmos raised an eyebrow, and shrugged. "You know, I've had so many disappointments lately, I don't even care anymore. Don't tell me how it turns out unless you have good results to report."
        "Thank you Mother Dearest."


     &nbs p;  "Yeah, we got the letter this morning. We were just as surprised as you were to find out that we were giving this party for people we don't even know," laughed Glen over the phone to his sister, Wila. "It sure would be nice to know how many guests we can expect for our own party."
        "We weren't even sent a guest list!" Tabitha complained to the people who had already arrived. "So you got a letter too, 'Nelope?"
        'Nelope nodded and offered forth a bag with a few large bottles of various sodas in it. "'Nelope thinkin' that she brings too. 'Cause 'Nelope knows you guys."
        Tabitha took the bag, peeking into it. "Aw, thanks 'Nel. This will help. We had to make a party run earlier, but we didn't have enough money to get much. This whole party thing... quite a surprise!"
        "You think this could be senshi related?"
        "I think we can be pretty sure it is senshi related," Samantha assured. "After what you guys experienced at the cyber cafe, I'm pretty sure."
        Glen continued his phone conversation. "When are you and Nezumi getting here?"
        "Gee, that was a subtle hint," joked Endora, grinning.
        Glen's facial expression grew disappointed. "Oh... yeah, I know you guys gotta do interviews a lot. But today?... I understand. Okay. I'll let you know what we find out. Bye." He hung up, and sighed.
        "Sorry," Endora said gently, patting his back.
        "If I could just dance with her..." Glen said to himself. "I've always wanted to dance with Nezumi. Cheek to cheek."
        'Nelope wrapped her arm around Glen's waist, and looked into his eyes sympathetically. "Seelook, 'Len-kun always gotstes 'Nelope-chan when talk needin' bein'. 'Nelope-chan unnerstandin' bein'."
        His face a little pouty, Glen played with the buttons on the phone before looking at her again and smiling a little. "Thanks 'Nelope. Maybe after the party, if you're still around..."
        Phoebe had carried a tray of appetizers into the living room and placed them on the table; she listened to their conversation. "Dance with her? Isn't that a little vertical for you, Glen?"
        "I'm not as one-track-minded as I seem sometimes, Phoebe," Glen replied. "I can be tender."
        'Nelope frowned a little at Phoebe and clung to Glen in the most comforting way she could muster.
        "Oh." Phoebe shrugged off her cryptic comments.
        The other party guests began to arrive, including Usagi and Mamoru, Haruka and Michiru, Tara, Nathan, Nori, Ban and Kitaeru, Ursula and Midori, and even Vivian. Those who knew each other said their hellos, and then the group was left wondering why the others they did not know were also invited.
        "Just what is this party all about?" Usagi curiously asked Endora, since she felt she knew her best of all the Witches. "There are a few people here I don't know very well. Are they friends of yours?"
        Shrugging, Endora replied, "You know as much about it as we do. It's a party given by Central Control. I guess they're going to explain that scene at the cafe. I'm glad, because I'd really like to know how my Barbie doll got involved."
        "You're Barbie doll?" Haruka came over; she'd been eavesdropping. "Dumpling, uh, Usagi called me and told me about what happened at the cafe, but she didn't mention a doll."
        "Well, after Cosmos dusted Sailorsilicon, my doll fell to the ground, as if it had something to do with her. I know it's my doll because I put eyeliner on her with a ball-point pen," Endora explained.
        "Oh, you do that too?" Tabitha commented with a laugh.
        Haruka, thinking, put two fingers to her lips. "There was a previous battle with the Dark senshi where two Furbys were used-"
        Jumping off the table she'd been sitting on, Endora squealed, "Were they a tuxedo Furby and a reindeer Furby?"
        Haruka, stunned, replied, "... Yeah."
        "Those disappeared from my room a while ago! Did you get them?"
        "I picked them up," Michiru answered. "I thought maybe some poor kid lost them."
        'Nelope snickered almost rudely, ambling over. "Poor kid. One way puttin' it is. Right, Endie-'Dora?"
        Endora sweatdropped.
        "The Furbys came from your room also? Strange..."
        "That was about the time that my radio disappeared," Glen added, though he was too distracted by the food to really be in the conversation.
        "So things have been disappearing from your house, and showing up in the Dark senshi attacks," Haruka pondered. "Somehow, they've got access to your home." She looked at Kitaeru, whom she had been suspicious of since she found out the girl could detect senshi with her powers. "Or maybe they only needed access once."
        Kitaeru did not notice Haruka glaring at her. She instead was looking at Yotogi, the Witches' servant, as she went around from guest to guest with a tray of sushi rolls. "I feel bad for her."
        Taking a sip off his beer, Ban asked, "Why? Because she has to serve everyone else?"
        "No..." Kitaeru traced the rim of her own bottle of beer with her fingertip. "Because she's still hopelessly in love with a man who beat her, and who isn't even a man anymore. If he were transformed from a tree back into a human being, she would take him back immediately. It's sad that she can't let go of someone who isn't good for her."
        Ban narrowed his eyes. "If he ever becomes a human being, it will give me the opportunity to punch him right in the nose. He gives men a bad name. No woman should have to put up with being hurt in order to keep loving someone."
        Wrapping her arms about his waist, Kitaeru cuddled her head to Ban's chest. "I'm very lucky. I'm in love with a man who would never hit me."
        "And I'm lucky to have you in love with me." He kissed her head, running his hand through her hair over and over.
        Watching them, Nori fidgeted against the wall, her hands laced together behind her back. She gazed across the room at Mamoru, standing there with his girlfriend, talking to the others, then looked at the happy, cuddling couple again. She couldn't help but sigh longingly. "You two are so lucky."
        Ban followed his sister's eyes, and sighed when he saw at whom she was staring. "You could be happy too if you'd just stop pining for someone who's already taken."
        Nori fell silent; her brother could not understand. No one had ever come between him and his true love.
        Tara, Ursula, Midori, and Nathan stood near the main buffet table, talking and laughing. Seeing Vivian standing alone, Nathan excused himself and approached her. "Hello again my lovely Vivian. How have you been?"
        Vivian's face showed some concern. "I'm all right, Nathan-san."
        "Is something the matter? Can I get you something to drink?"
        "Sure, some of the punch would be nice." She followed Nathan to the table with the punchbowl on it, where he poured her a glass. "Thank you. I am dealing with something that has me rather concerned. I don't want to burden you with my problems..."
        "It's no burden; go ahead." Nathan leaned on the table with his own glass of punch in his hand.
        "Well..." Vivian took a piece of paper out of her pocket and handed it to him. "You remember Siggy, the man I was dating?"
        "I remember you mentioning him," Nathan replied as he opened the letter.
        "He's been sending me letters like that for the last few days. It's scaring me."
        Reading it, Nathan said aloud, "My dearest Vivian, I love you baby. Why won't you return my calls? You're making me very angry. You better start showing me some appreciation before I make you. You know you want this big, hot stud of love. Love, Siggy." Nathan looked at her. "Not exactly the nicest thing you can say to someone you claim to love."
        After taking a second to recover from that "hot stud of love" comment (she was going to kill that little green booger of a seamonster when she got home!), Vivian replied, "No. He's just not my type, and I tried to tell him that, but he just won't listen." Vivian put a dramatic amount of fear into her facial expression. "I'm afraid he intends to hurt me."
        "Awww, don't do that." Nathan put his arms around her and held her, hoping she wouldn't cry.
        Vivian hugged him back, smiling, since he couldn't see her face resting on his shoulder. Apparently, she had her own strange ways of keeping men interested in her. "You won't let him hurt me?"
        "Of course not. He won't be allowed to lay a hand on you. I'll see to that." Nathan gladly hugged her again. He liked playing the protective hero to her damsel in distress. "I've got a few magic tricks up my sleeve to deal with a guy like that."
        Nori noticed her new friend, Vivian, cuddling with some blonde guy. How did everyone else make it look so easy? Could Vivian give her some good advice on how to make Endymion pay attention to her?
        Glen suddenly realized that everyone was separated into their own little groups, and the party just wasn't jumping enough because of it. This could be remedied by putting on a little music... and adding a little something extra to the punch! With a smirk, he went to raid their private stash of hot dance music and hard alcohol.
        An hour later, almost everyone at the party was out there dancing and having a great time. "This is the best punch I ever had!" Endora laughed.
        As if in response, Usagi hiccuped.
        Ursula happily wrapped her arms around Midori's neck as they danced. "We've been to the movies, now we're at a totally normal college party complete with spiked punch, and nothing dangerous has happened. I hope this is an enduring trend."
        Chuckling, Midori replied, "The punch is spiked? Well, that explains the taste. I could go for some more." Sighing, he leaned into Ursula. "And I could certainly go for more of this, too." Midori snuggled closer to her. "I venture that I feel tons better against you than that hentai creature with the tentacles."
        Ursula giggled; he was the only one who could produce such giddy responses from her. "Yes, your tentacles are much warmer and cuddlier." She held him close.
        Watching all the couples dance like that drove Nori to the edge; she could take no more. She wanted to dance like that with her love! Nori made her way across the room to where Mamoru danced with Usagi. Tapping his shoulder, she asked, "May I cut in?"
        Mamoru jerked back slightly in surprise when he saw who it was. "Erk. Chochin-san?"
        "Dance with me," Nori requested, her eyes lost in dreams.
        Holding his temper, Mamoru declined. "I'm sorry, but I'm here with my girlfriend. All of my dances are saved for her."
        Usagi tried to smile at what he had said, but she did not feel it. Something had happened between her Mamo-chan and this woman at some time in their lives, before Usagi had come into his life. Or... could Mamo-chan have been with Nori... recently? Usagi pushed that thought down hard; it couldn't be true.
        Nori's eyes were still filled with hope. "Just one dance?" That's all she needed, one dance to win him back!
        Mamoru shook his head. He saw how she looked at him--the woman lived in a fantasy world. Dancing with her would only encourage her. "I don't think that would be a good idea. Sorry."
        Nori watched as he turned his back to her and tried to begin dancing with Usagi again. Her mouth curled back into a snarl of anger. "You have to give me one dance. You owe it to me!"
        Feeling horribly embarrassed, Mamoru cringed at the worried expression on Usa-ko's face, and the troubled looks on the faces of the party guests around them. He had to take care of this once and for all. "Excuse me, Usa-ko. I'll be right back." He took Nori by the arm and briskly walked her into the hallway.
        "What's going on?" Usagi asked the empty air in a concerned tone. Haruka and Michiru came over to make sure she was all right.
        "Endymion, you're hurting my arm!" Nori whined.
        Mamoru gave her a shove as he let her arm go. "I want you to stop this right now, Chochin-san. My name in this life is Chiba Mamoru. Call me Chiba-san."
        "But you'll always be my Endymion to me." Nori tried to touch his face with her hands, but he grabbed them and pushed them away.
        "This ends now! Do you understand me? There is no chance for us. I am dating Usagi; she is the only girl I need."
        "You don't know what you're saying, Endymi-"
        "Stop calling me that!" Mamoru snapped.
        Nori recoiled with a whimper. As Mamoru stood before her, breathing hard with his anger, she regained some of her confidence. "Why would Usagi be the only girl you need in this life? She wasn't the only one in your past life."
        Stumped for an immediate reply, Mamoru fell silent for several moments. It seemed he could not escape his past, even if it was his past life. "She is enough for me in this life, and all my future lives. She is the only woman I have ever loved. I'm sorry if you can't accept that. You need to. Please leave us alone." Mamoru left the hallway, going back to Usagi.
        His speech made about as much impact on Nori as could be expected. She sighed. "You enjoy torturing me, Endymion. You're wicked. But I know you love me."
        Mamoru did not hear her; he was looking at Usa-ko's face as he approached her. She had definitely noticed something was up. "Mamo-chan?"
        Haruka and Michiru were glaring at him as if he had just run over a puppy on purpose. Mamoru took Usagi's hand and led her away from the crowd. "Usa-ko, everything's okay. Chochin-san wants me to go out with her, and she's having a hard time taking no for an answer. But I've told her to leave us alone."
        "Why does she talk to you with such familiarity? Do you know her?"
        "No, not really. I only met her recently, at work." Okay, it wasn't a total lie.
        "Does Endymion know her?" Usagi asked, her eyes intense.
        Sighing, Mamoru replied, "Somewhat. My memories of my past life are not complete, as you know. None of us have all of our memories from that time. But I do remember that she was Himinori Sol, princess of the Sun Kingdom, a neighboring kingdom to my own. That's as much as I remember." I'm sorry I have to lie to you, Usa-ko.
        "Oh." Usagi looked at the floor. "Is it possible that Endymion loved her at some point?"
        At least he could tell her the truth to this question. He took her little chin in his hands and raised her face so she was looking at him. "No. That's not possible. Endymion never loved her." Mamoru kissed her forehead. "Stop worrying, Usa-ko. I told her to leave us alone."
        "We should rejoin the party." Usagi tried to smile and act like everything was fine, but she knew there were things Mamo-chan wasn't telling her. She could feel it.
        'Nelope watched Usagi with sad eyes, combing her fingers through her ponytail, and dusting the crumbs from a cookie off her other hand against her jeans.
        Glen, a little more sauced than some of the rest of them, did a silly little dance up to 'Nelope. "You think you're the besht cyber ninja in the world just 'cause you killed Glen I through Glen IX, doncha? Well lemme tell you something. You just got lucky!"
        "Nine times in a row?!" Endora exclaimed.
        'Nelope was immediately distracted from her strong desire to comfort Usagi, and stared up at Glen coolly. "'Course, 'Len-kun bein' 'Nelope I 'till 'Nelope XXIV killin' bein'... 'Nelope gots good wit' Ninja she gotses now." She bobbed firmly, then blinked. "'Len-kun be drunk bein'?"
        He held his index fingers a few inches apart. "Juss a little. But... whach you say? Those sounded like fightin' wordsh." Glen clumsily scooped 'Nelope up, her head and feet bobbing up and down alternately like a seesaw, and carried her toward the front door. "You say, 'I just got lucky each time I beat Glen at the ninja game and he ish the best ninja in the whoooole world and his hair ish really cool' or I'm gonna dump you inna fountain!"
        "Noooo!" Endora squealed as she followed them out the door.
        Several of the others watched them go by; Nathan raised a fist and hooted. "Whooo! Our first party foul!" The others laughed.
        'Nelope squirmed in Glen's arms, laughing in high, squeaky tones. "Leggooooo!"
        Glen marched 'Nelope up to a fountain that included a statue of a little winged boy "urinating" into the pool. Of course it was not really urine coming out of the statue-it was water-but the unpleasant associations were still there. "Say it!" Glen playfully growled.
        Still squirming, 'Nelope blurted, "Glen is good ninja bein', an' 'Nelope is luckylucky ninjagirl!"
        "Thhhhank you!" Glen mischievously dumped her in the fountain. "Oops. My hands shlipped."
        'Nelope indignantly splashed at him. "'Nelope bein' 'llergic t' col' an' wet!"
        Endora, giggling, pushed the tottering Glen into the fountain after 'Nelope. "Oops. My hands slipped too!"
        Glen turned himself over, spitting out water. "Oh yeah? Pbbbb, pbbb..." He pushed his wet hair off his face. Springing forward, Glen grabbed Endora's hand before she could escape, and tried to yank her into the fountain.
        "Nooo, nnnnnooooo!" Endora laughed, fighting to keep him from pulling her in.
        They were still laughing, screaming, splashing around, and dunking Glen's head underwater when two women walked up and stood there, staring at them. Both carried themselves with a professional demeanor.
        Glen looked up. "Oh hey, I know you!"
        One of the females was the woman they had met at the cafe a few days ago, Mannaka. The other had long black hair with shimmering turquoise highlights, kept back in a ponytail, and high cheek bones. "Yes, you have met my associate before. She is Mannaka Gijutsu-san. You are Glen Shukuen-san."
        "Yeah..."
        "And you are Endora Noeru-san."
        Glen finally stopped trying to pull her in to the fountain. "Uh huh," Endora replied.
        "And you are She-Who-Runs-In-Fresh-Fallen-Snow-and-Matches-Wits-With-Ravens."
         Glen and Endora looked at 'Nelope, wide-eyed. "Naaaaniiii?!"
        "What did you think was the translation of her Inuit name?" The woman held back a smile. "I am Julian Ramiro. I am the representative sent by Central Control."

"Central Control has arrived. Time to sober up! -hiccup- What?! You got checks, and you got checks, and so did they?! I'm Sailor Moon! Why didn't I get any checks?!"
"There are things more important to consider than that, Usagi. Like the secrets that have been kept from us for two lifetimes."
"Luna, what are you doing here? You didn't get into the punch, did you?"
"-Burp!- Oh my..."
Sailormoon Dark Episode 30: The Long-Hidden Secret. Central Control Takes a Step into the Light. The moonlight carries the message of love.

----------------------------------------------------


As you can read, I've worked one of my characters into the storyline of the Black Moon (Nemesis) from Sailor Moon R. The background of Wise Man (him being a person named Lawsonite Geode) and Celestite, the queen of Nemesis, are my creation also. Keep reading the story to find out how Lawsonite became a purple-shrouded skeleton! ~_^ Part of Safir's and Demando's conversation about the flower comes right out of an episode of SM R! ^_^
Oh, and I want to put a note in here that I should have been using the Japanese pronunciation of "Aquamarine" from the start, so her name would go along with Demando's (Diamond), Safir's (Sapphire), and so on. But, I forgot. "Lawsonite" and "Celestite" should also be turned into Japanese pronunciations, but I'm being lazy. Oh well! Please excuse the mixture of English and Japanese pronunciations. ^_^;;;
Oh, and one final note about Aquamarine - for those in the audience who might be all creeped out about the incestuous aspects of her story, I put this in for a few reasons. One being that she needed to be related to Nemesis royalty to be the senshi of Nemesis, two being that I thought a forbidden love story would be interesting, and three because it's just not a classic anime series without an incestuous love triangle! (I'm half kidding about that last one, and half serious. But think of a series like Revolutionary Girl Utena--would it be as good without it?)

On to Episode 30: The Long-Hidden Secret. Central Control Takes a Step into the Light.
Back to Episodes
Back to Sailormoon Dark