Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailormoon Dark ❯ Episode 30: The Long-Hidden Secret. Central Control Takes a Step into the Light. ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Sailormoon Dark: Episode Thirty
"The Long-Hidden Secret. Central Control Takes a Step into the Light."

Written by Laurel Wilson ( Sailorhathor@aol.com )
Inspired by the Japanese animated show Pretty Soldier Sailormoon.
The ideas for this fanfic were conceived in 1995, but this actual episode was written in February 2003.

The character 'Nelope (SailorColour) appears courtesy of Snow/SailorCharon, who wrote all of 'Nelope's lines and descriptions. She comes from Snow's fanfic series which is not currently available online.


"I can't believe my luck! A second normal date with Midori! It's a dream come true."
"Um, Ursula, shouldn't you pay attention to the woman from Central Control?"
"Parties are completely normal things for college students to attend."
"Hey, I see a giant plant trying to eat people. Is that normal?"
"We'll dance and sing karaoke and get really stinkin' drunk... ahhh, normalcy..."
"Ursula, would you come back to reality?! We're being attacked here!"
"Quiet. I'm living in a fantasy world."
Pretty Soldier Sailormoon Dark Episode 30: The Long-Hidden Secret. Central Control Takes a Step into the Light. The moonlight carries the message of love.


        "You're from Central Control?" Endora asked curiously.
        "Yes."
& nbsp;       "Ishn't Julian a guy'sh name?" Glen spouted.
        'Nelope smacked Glen upside the head. "Julian be girlname too, stupid!"
        Endora quietly snickered while Glen sat there looking surprised. "Ow."
        A sweatdrop rolled down Julian's face. "In this case, no. May we go inside, please, to discuss what you wanted to know?"
        "Sure. Uh, jusht let us get out of the fountain first..." Glen said as he stood up and wrung out the edge of his shirt with his hands.
        Smirking, Mannaka asked, "Is this a typical way for your meetings to end?"
        "It was supposed to be a meeting?!"
        From behind a nearby tree, Luna and Artemis peered at the group. "Do you think it's time to tell them what we know?"


      & nbsp; Peeking from around a corner, Holly watched the group shyly, wondering if she should join the party. It had been ages since she had been to a party... so long that the last one she went to involved wearing a fancy little dress and black patent shoes. How she missed those days. Dad, her brother Will, and Uncle Jack... it almost seemed like there was no point to being back on Earth without them. Holly had tried calling the phone number her family had before they got trapped in the land of the lost, but the number now belonged to some stranger. She leaned against the wall and sighed. "Dad, where are you?"
        Tapping her elbow, Sabrina asked, "Hey Holly, would you like a snack? We've got plenty."
        Holly, although a little startled, smiled and replied, "Yeah, I sure would."
        "I figured you might get kinda lonely back there in that room with just your team to talk to. They're all just so serious. That Li'am especially, with her 'humans are so imperfect' stuff. Besides," Sabrina nudged her, "a girl needs a little fun now and then, huh?"
        "You said it!" Holly gathered a handful of finger-food and started stuffing it in. If her fate was to eventually return to Altrusia, she could at least take the memory of all these great tastes with her. "The food on Altrusia is really limited, taste-wise. We don't have the ingredients to make cookies like this back in the land of the lost," Holly said through a mouthful of food. "You guys have been really great in trying to make my stay here as nice and normal as possible. In fact, Yotogi comes in to talk to me almost every day."
        "Really?" Sabrina smiled at the servant, who noticed she was being looked at, and smiled shyly back. "I'm glad to hear that. She's usually so shy, and doesn't talk to us much."
        Glen opened the front door. "Could somebody get us some towels please?"
        A few minutes later, Glen and 'Nelope sat wrapped up in the towels drying off while Julian made her speech. She stood before the group, which had quieted down and assembled before her to listen.
        "I am Julian Ramiro, and this is my associate, Mannaka Gijutsu. We are representatives sent by Central Control to answer some of your questions. A few of you expressed curiosity about us, so we decided to tell you what we could. We are a group assembled to govern the affairs of the senshi and raise funds for their future. Most, if not all of you in this room, are senshi; that's why you were invited here today."
        The party guests looked at each other uneasily. They were not used to someone being so candid about this subject in front of strangers.
        Nathan looked at Vivian, shocked. "Vivian-san?"
        "I don't know what she's talking about," Vivian replied, acting horrified. "I'm not one of those magical girls. Are you a senshi?!" she asked to play dumb.
        'Nelope sat where she was and wondered why Vivian would be invited were she not. She shrugged to herself and sneezed loudly.
        There was definitely a better time to tell the truth; Nathan lied too. "No, I'm not. They must've made a mistake when they invited us."
        Julian continued, "We have been around since Silver Millennium times. For centuries we have been using various resources to fund our activities, and to help some of you out also. Several of you here today currently receive checks from Central Control to help you with your living expenses. This is to ensure that you will always be able to focus on defending this solar system. You can't do that if you're worrying about where your money is going to come from."
        "So that's why you send us the checks," Samantha mused.
        "Why do you send them to us?" Haruka asked, indicating herself and Michiru. "We make our own living quite well on our own. Couldn't someone else use the checks more?"
        "Oh, oh, I want some!" Usagi squealed.
        Julian tried to explain. "We send you checks because you have so many living in your house, so many to be responsible for. You are the Outer Senshi, and therefore the most important soldiers to the protection of this solar system. You are its first defense from outside invasion. We feel it is essential that you are taken care of."
        "But what about the Inner Senshi? They protect the princess," Michiru said. "Isn't that important?"
        Julian replied, "Yes, but all of the Inner Senshi are younger and are still making their way in life. To give them money now would only make them complacent and lazy. Part of being a senshi is learning to be strong and independent."
        "Damn," Usagi said under her breath, and looked at Haruka. "You guys have all the luck."
        Haruka smiled, amused by Dumpling's reaction.
        'Nelope blinked and stared at Glen and Endora. "Is rentpaid 'splainin'. 'Nelope bets so studyin' focussin' she could." She nodded sagely and sneezed again.
        Endora suddenly laughed loudly, and covered her mouth in embarrassment. She whispered, "And we thought it was some sort of free student grant."
        "What about that scene at the cafe?" Glen asked. The more he listened to Julian, the more he sobered up. "What was that all about?"
        'Nelope nodded in agreement, eyes wide.
        Mannaka cleared her throat. "We believe the Dark Senshi were onto the existence of Central Control, and so tried to get information from Theta about our operation. They also seemed to be trying to take over the base we had set up there."
        Haruka uncomfortably shifted from one foot to the other. "They got information off the computer, off Theta? What kind of information?"
        "We're still figuring that out at this time," Mannaka replied.
        Tara asked, "Is there information about us on this computer?"
        "That is not a question we can answer," Julian said quickly, almost apologetically. "Our operation must be kept as secret as possible. We assume that you all will not speak of what you've heard here today because you know you would be endangering your own safety and the safety of the world by doing so."
        "How do you govern senshi affairs?" Glen asked. He still did not totally trust these women and their group, so he was going to find out as much as they would tell him.
        "It might be best if we field that question," Artemis said from behind the group. Several of them turned to see Luna and Artemis walking into the middle of the crowd.
        "Luna! Artemis! How did you get in here?" Usagi cried.
        "We ran inside while the others were going back in," Luna explained. "Artemis has some information about Central Control."
        "Well give out, cat," Tara said in anticipation.
        Before Artemis could speak, Vivian put on her best surprised face and cried, "Talking cats! Is this some sort of trick?!"
        "Why are you surprised?" a puzzled Mannaka inquired.
        "I'm not a senshi," Vivian repeated, keeping up her act.
        Mannaka and Julian looked at her strangely, not quite knowing why she was denying the truth. "Many of the senshi have animal guardians with the ability to speak." For some reason, Vivian wanted to hide. She had just as much right to secrecy as Central Control did, so they would leave her deception to itself. "It's all part of the magical girls' way of life. Now, Artemis, you had something to say?"
        "I have met with the head of Central Control before," Artemis announced, eliciting surprised gasps from several of the party guests. "I never saw his face though, as he always sat in deep shadows as we talked. But he used to give me orders on dealing with Minako while she acted as Sailor V. Eventually, she dealt with him herself, speaking to him through her communicator pen."
        "She calls him 'Boss.'" Julian added, smiling.
        "Yes. I even spoke on his behalf at times, to Luna."
        "When?" Luna asked suddenly, having no idea to what Artemis was referring.
        "You remember talking to the video game, and it turned out to be me inside it with a can of Tuna Vittles? I was speaking on behalf of Central Control," Artemis explained. "He was helping me integrate Minako into the Team as she made the transition from V to Venus."
        "I never knew any of this," Usagi commented to herself; she was not sure how to feel about it.
        Plainly feeling a bit left out, Luna asked, "So Central Control is a he? Why haven't I met him?"
        "Central Control is a group, but we have a leader." Julian addressed Luna with an air of respect, hoping to soothe her feelings. "You have not been invited to meet him because there was no previous need for it, and we must maintain as much secrecy as possible. But, he would like to meet with you now, along with your charge, Usagi."
        "Me? Why?" Usagi asked in surprise.
        "He'd like to talk to you about what has happened to Sailorvenus. You will be contacted with a day and time for the meeting," Mannaka told her.
        Usagi lightly shrugged. "Okay." It would be hard to relate what had happened to Minako-chan. Hard and painful. But this man seemed important, so she would tell him.
        "Do you know how the Dark Senshi got a hold of some stuff from our house?" Endora questioned. "And why are they taking it?"
        Julian answered, "We don't know a lot about the Dark Senshi as of now. But Theta was able to download a little information from Darkmercury's pocket computer while the two were connected. It's something she does automatically whenever there's a security breach; she can get around most computer security software. The information we received tells us that the Dark Senshi sometimes use a vessel to hold a Soul Shield, or just the Dark half of one, and a doll makes a good representation of a person. Are you missing any dolls?"
        Endora described the various objects that had turned up missing from the house.
        "Hm, I'm not sure what they could be doing with the radios," Julian pondered. "That's something we'll have to figure out."
        "I believe that's about all of the information we are authorized to give you. I hope we have satisfied your curiosity," Mannaka announced. Everything about her expression and demeanor told them she and Julian were most definitely finished, and would answer no more questions.
        But several people in the room actually were quite curious to know one thing--if the two girls were senshi as well as members of Central Control. No one was about to ask. Would they always give an honest answer to that question? Instead, Samantha stepped forward and said, "Thank you for the information. Would you like to stay for the party?"
        Julian and Mannaka did decide to stay for a bit, though they appeared to avoid the punch on purpose. Glen approached them with a charming smile. "So it's part of your job to keep track of all of us?"
        "Yes," Mannaka said, smiling back. "We also keep track of any enemies that rise to threaten the Earth. You could call us supervisors, in a way."
        "Oh." Glen thought there was probably much more to it, but they could not tell him all the confidential details. Besides, who wanted to talk about all that when he had two pretty girls in front of him and a party to attend? "Wanna dance?"
        'Nelope walked up to him and glared, tugging at his sleeve irately. "First 'Len-kun gets 'Nelope all wet. Then 'Nelope cold be catchin'. Then 'Len-kun goes an' doesn' make up? Bad!" She began to tug at him, sneezing again. "You dancin' wit' anyone, you wit' 'Nelope dancin' bein' first!"
        Julian and Mannaka grinned demurely, holding back their amusement at Glen getting such a scolding.
        The corners of Glen's mouth twitched. Then he could hold it back no more, and smiled, chuckling lightly. "I'm sorry I threw you in the fountain. But you didn't have to hit me, ya know." He put an arm around her shoulders. "Come on, let's get you some dry clothes, and some hot soup. Then we dance. 'Kay?"
        'Nelope wrinkled her nose and bobbed her head furiously. "'Len-kun be 'Nelope owin'." She sneezed again, hair falling over her face.
        Nathan and Vivian had been dancing for several minutes, ever since Glen had put the music back on. An air of awkwardness hung over them; they avoided looking in each other's eyes. Vivian finally broke the ice. "Are you telling me the truth? You're really not a senshi?" She knew the answer already, but she had to ask as part of the whole charade.
        Nathan had to lie. He did not know that she knew anything about this already. "I'm really not a senshi. Are you?"
        "Of course not. I wonder how many of the other party guests aren't senshi, and why such a mistake was made. Could it mean anything?"
        "I don't know." Nathan lightly ran his fingers through her hair as they danced. He liked how soft it felt. "You seem to have changed your mind about me quite a bit. If someone had told me we'd be dancing like this today, I would have thought they weren't paying attention."
        Vivian shrugged. "I just decided that it would be more fun to reciprocate than to play hard to get."
        "It's because of Sigmund, isn't it?" Nathan frowned. "You're getting all cuddly up to me because you want me to protect you from him."
        Vivian smiled a pretty smile. "If that was true, would I-"
        "Viv-chan?" It was Nori, standing next to them.
        Nathan tried not to look openly annoyed out of sheer politeness. If that was true, would she what? What?!
        "Hi Nori-chan. Was is it?"
        "When you finish your dance, could we talk? It's about... well, you know..." Nori shuffled around sheepishly.
        "Oh, I know." Vivian briefly glanced over at Mamoru. "Sure, when this dance is over, we can talk."
        "Thank you so much. You're such a good friend!" Nori started away, then scurried back. "I'll wait outside for you, okay? I don't want you-know-who overhearing us. I wish I'd known ahead of time that he was coming to this party too."
        Nathan cringed. As soon as Nori turned her back, Vivian's head lolled against her chest for a second. Then she opened her eyes and growled at Nathan like a cat in heat. The hypnotic trigger! "Now, what was I saying?" She chuckled, nearly tackling him so she could rub against his body and kiss his neck.
        As good as it felt, Nathan realized that he did not want to get her affection this way. Before, it was a way to teach her a lesson about playing hard to get and receive some cheap thrills in the process. Now... he wanted her to do it because she really wanted to, not because of the hypnotic suggestion. Was he falling in love with her? "Vivian."
        She blinked a few times as if clearing her head. "Yes?"
        "You were saying if that was true, would you... would you what?"
        "Oh... would I do this?" Vivian kissed him on the mouth, a kiss that quickly turned passionate, their arms about each other. What Nathan liked best about it was that it was an honest kiss.
        "Hm, no, I guess you wouldn't do that unless you were really interested." He chuckled, and kissed her again. "Do you want to go talk to your friend now?"
        Vivian wrinkled her nose. Nori was just a pathetic little pawn in Sailordarkcosmos' game. "She can wait another dance," Vivian replied with a wink.
        A little later, Julian and Mannaka watched Glen dance with 'Nelope from across the room. "When are you going to tell him?" Mannaka asked.
        Julian swallowed, and let out a sigh. "When the time is right. It's not something you can just blurt out."
        "No..." Mannaka agreed.
        Julian continued, "How do you tell someone that in their past life, you were their mother?"
        After a while, they asked Glen to show them the greenhouse. He grabbed Tabitha, and approached Ban to come too. "Hey Ban, would you come with us to the greenhouse? We're trying to create a special hybrid flower and could use your opinion."
        "Sure! Babe, you wanna come?" Ban asked Kitaeru.
        "Okay." Truth be told, Kitaeru wanted another look at the Tree of Life, and all those beautiful flowers.
        Once in the greenhouse, Julian and Mannaka split off from the others so they could walk through the many rows of flowers and admire them. Glen had Tabitha get out her sketch pad and show Ban the drawings she had done of the flower Glen wanted to breed. "See how the flower petals go around in a spiral, much like the tendrils of a black hole? That's how I want it to look."
        "Hm... very pretty. An unusual shape to find in nature, with the petals so elongated and arched like that." Ban pondered the drawings. "You could probably get on your way by mixing a couple of flowers I'm thinking of, but after that... have you considered using magic?"
        Glen scratched his head. "Yeah, but, that's kinda iffy. Using magic to alter the basic structures of nature... it's kinda frowned upon. I was hoping there was some way to do it naturally, with nature's cooperation."
        Ban considered that a moment. "Isn't the spiral a natural shape, like a galaxy?"
        "Yeah, but not for flowers. Not like this." Glen tapped Tabitha's drawing.
        "Well... give me some time to think about it. Maybe I can come up with an idea," Ban said with a smile.
        Looking at the drawing, Kitaeru asked, "What are you breeding this hybrid flower for? You seem to want it to look like a black hole, or what they would look like if we could see them. Is it for someone special?" She almost dreaded the answer.
        Glen actually seemed shy about his response. "Er, yeah... I want to breed the flower as a tribute to Kyomu Nezumi. You know, the singer. It would be so beautiful to have the gardens outside blooming wildly with my Nezumi flower." His eyes shined with hope and excitement.
        "Oh..." It was exactly as Kitaeru dreaded. "I'm sure it will be very beautiful." She smiled politely, then looked at the greenhouse's doorway. Phoebe stood there with a disapproving look on her face. If Glen wanted to do such an elaborate tribute to Nezumi, did that mean he was in love with her? In love with Sailorblackhole?
         ;Knowing that look in her eyes, Ban understood why this news worried Kitaeru. However, he thought maybe her fears were misplaced--perhaps her vision the night of the concert had not been a threat. Glen deserved a chance to make it work, if he cared for Nezumi that much.
        Hiding behind some potted trees on the other side of the greenhouse, Baby Baby Love's latest minions waited for the right moment to attack. Sailorselenium held up a green spike that looked like those one would use to feed plants, but much bigger. "I'm ready with my Selenispikes. I'll turn this entire greenhouse into monsters. What about you?"
        Sailormolybdenum showed off her Talisman, the Slick Catalyst, which resembled a metallic gold lawn sprinkler with four nozzles. The nozzles were topped off with mauve crystal rings. "I could use a little action."
        Usagi did a little people watching while she pondered what could be up with her Mamo-chan and that woman from the library. There's something you're not telling me, she thought. Nori's friend Vivian took Nathan, whom she seemed to be dating, by the hand and lead him outside, where Nori had gone about 15 minutes earlier. So Nori had someone to discuss this whole thing with... who here could Usagi talk to? Not her boyfriend, who was clearly keeping secrets from her. Not Haruka and Michiru, who would only become more suspicious of Mamoru and harass him. The other people here were nice, but she did not feel like she knew them quite well enough to confide in them. Then it hit her... the haunted room, the room she had seen Rei's ghost enter! Maybe Rei would be there, and could be contacted. Or perhaps Sailoralbatross was still back there--she knew things about Nori Chochin. Talking to them seemed like the best solution, so Usagi waited for Mamoru to go to the bathroom and then snuck back to the room.
        The room was empty of people, as usual. "Rei-chan? ..... Sailoralbatross? ..... Anyone here?" Usagi could not see those hiding in the shadows.
        But they could see her.
        Sailordarkcosmos' eyes nearly sparkled with evil glee at the sight of her good twin, alone, in civilian form, and helpless. "What's she doing in here?"
        Sailoralbatross fumbled nervously with the catch on her box. "She's calling me. I should talk to her."
        Smirking, Darkcosmos replied, "No. Let me." She watched Usagi poke around the room a bit. "Usagi... oh Usagiiiii... what are you doing in my room? I don't need you anymore."
        Usagi gazed around the room. Had she heard something? "Rei?"
        "No it's not Rei you stupid git! She's dead! And I'll see to it that she never comes back! Get out of my room!" Darkcosmos taunted.
        Confused, Usagi looked all around the room. A voice spoke to her from somewhere in this room, but she could not tell what they were saying nor where the voice was coming from. "I can't hear you! Please speak up!"
        Sailordarkcosmos held out the Dark Pearl staff. "Maybe I'll let this do my talking for me. It speaks very loudly!"
        "You can't touch her with that; she isn't even transformed!" Albatross cried. "It will kill her!"
        "You're very observant." Darkcosmos moved her staff toward Usagi's back. Usagi was oblivious; she still peered around the room, looking for the source of the voice.
        "Princess Serenity, look out!"
        Suddenly, Sailordarkmercury leapt from the shadows and tackled Usagi out of the way when the Dark Pearl was only inches from her back. Usagi grunted in surprise as she hit the floor. Darkmercury sprang back up and ran into the shadows before Usagi could even see who knocked her down.
        "What the hell did she do that for?! I had her! I almost killed Usagi!" Darkcosmos cried angrily.
        Usagi quickly sat up and looked around. "Who did that?! Who's in here?" She jumped up, squinting into the darkness.
        Darkmercury held her aching side. "Maybe... she would take this pain away... if I asked her to..." She started to reach out to grab Usagi's arm.
        Just at that moment, a piercing scream came from the direction of the greenhouse. Usagi whirled around. "What was that?!" She ran out of the room.
        Sailordarkmercury slumped back against the wall, awaiting the inevitable wrath of Usagi's Dark half.
        When Usagi made it to the door of the greenhouse, she saw Phoebe standing there with Laurie, both looking horrified. "Damnit, I left my wand in my room!"
        "Let's go get it!" Phoebe replied. The two girls ran past Usagi.
        More screams came out of the greenhouse. Usagi quickly peered in. She gasped. An entire row of various carnivorous trapper plants had grown to monstrous size and snatched up Tabitha and Kitaeru in their humongous leaves. A strange senshi with green weed-like hair was running back and forth, stabbing a spike into the soil of one plant after another. Each plant she attacked transformed instantly into a monster.
        "Put my woman down!" Ban reached inside his pocket for his transformation wand.
        The Slick Catalyst slid across the floor, stopping near Glen. He paused in his attempt to transform long enough to look down at it. "Uh oh-"
        "Quick Lube!" Sailormolybdenum yelled. The four nozzles on the Slick Catalyst began to turn, spraying golden metallic oil all over Glen and Ban. They recoiled in surprise.
        "What is this stuff?" Ban tried to step away from the rotating Talisman, and immediately slipped and fell down. When he tried to get up, he fell down again, slipping on the oil.
        Seeing this, Glen stayed put, and went for his henshin wand. It instantly slipped from his hand, landing on the floor. "Oh crap." When Glen bent over to pick it up, he too slipped on the molybdenum oil and wound up falling down. "This stuff is too slippery! I can't get up!" He attempted to retrieve his wand, but it slid right out of his fingers and sailed away along the river of oil running across the floor. "I can't pick anything up either!"
        Julian and Mannaka peeked from behind a table of plants. "Behind the Tree of Life, and then we transform?"
        "Move slowly so they don't hear us," Mannaka said, before crawling across the floor toward the Tree of Life.
        I'm the only one who can save them, Usagi thought, and went for her brooch.
        "Stop right there!" Sailormolybdenum commanded. "You transform and these plants will eat those girls up before you can do a thing." She swished her long bright pink hair over her shoulder with a smirk.
        What can I do? I need a distraction, Usagi thought desperately.
        Ursula, Midori, and Tara ran up to the doorway. "What's all the screaming for? Woah!" Tara stopped so short that Ursula collided with her. "Day of the Triffids*!"
        "What the..." Ursula realized what was happening. She lost her usual dignified demeanor as she launched into an angry tirade. "Don't you people ever take a day off?! Can't I ever have one nice date?!" She started jumping up and down. "Midori and I were having a hot, perfect, NORMAL date and you freaks have to come along and ruin it!"
        Sailorselenium looked at the plant closest to the door. "Loco Spores!"
        The monster plant swiveled on its stem and sprayed Ursula in the face with yellow spores. She jumped in surprise, then ran up and smacked the plant across its mouth.
        "Ursula, don't!" Midori cried.
        The plant sprayed Ursula in the face again. She promptly fell unconscious and collapsed into Midori's outstretched arms. He saw it coming, so he caught her and dragged her back out of the greenhouse.
        Endora suddenly came running up to the greenhouse door. She surveyed the scene, and held up her hand. "Yule Wheel of the Year Powah, Maaaaake-up!"
        Squirming around on the floor, Glen sighed in exasperation. "Endora, honey, that's a beer in your hand, not your wand."
        "Oh!" The drunk girl looked over at her friend. "Glen, I'll shave you!" Endora tried to run to Glen's side, instantly slipping on a patch of oil and falling down. She slid into Glen. "Here I am!"
        "Endora, not that I wouldn't love to oil wrestle right now, but that wasn't very smart."
        Standing in the background behind the frantic Usagi was Holly. Her new friends were in trouble. They had been kind and helped her since she arrived, now it was her turn. Holly ran back to the room she shared with the Skulls.
        "Everyone, it's time to act!" She explained what was going on in the greenhouse to them. "Let's go help!"
        "Why does this concern us?" Li'am snapped.
        "You know why this concerns us," the child, Shuriko, scolded. "We must stop the evil here from advancing before it gets any worse."
        "I have a plan," Holly announced. "I don't necessarily need you to help this time anyway, Li'am."
        Shuriko looked at her curiously; the teenager showed much dedication to their cause. "What is your plan, Holly Marshall?"
        Usagi called to the Dark senshi in the greenhouse, "What do you want in exchange for letting them go?"
        "You must surrender your half of the Soul Shield to Darkcosmos," Sailorselenium answered.
        "My half? You mean it has been split in half?!" Usagi took a deep breath, putting all thoughts of herself out of her head. "If you promise no one will get hurt and everyone will be released safely, then I will hand over whatever you want."
        "Don't do it!" Midori warned. Several of the others chimed in.
        "Step inside the room," Selenium instructed, "and avoid the slippery spots. Our leader will extract the Shield from your body."
        "Don't do it Usagi!" Tara desperately begged.

"Don't hurt anyone! I'll give you whatever you want."
"We want one thing and one thing only! Give us your half of the Soul Shield."
"All right."
"Oh, and... we also need the Silver Crystal, everyone's Talismans, and their Soul Shields too."
"You said one thing! I hate a dishonest villain."
Sailormoon Dark Episode 31: The Greenhouse Battle! Senshi Hearts Beat with Worry. The moonlight carries the message of love.

----------------------------------------------------


Day of the Triffids = An old British science fiction novel and BBC tv series about giant plants that take over the world, using people as their food. You can see why Tara made the reference.

On to Episode 31: The Greenhouse Battle! Senshi Hearts Beat with Worry.
Back to Episodes
Back to Sailormoon Dark