Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailormoon Dark ❯ Episode 31: The Greenhouse Battle! Senshi Hearts Beat with Worry. ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Sailormoon Dark: Episode Thirty-One
"The Greenhouse Battle! Senshi Hearts Beat with Worry."

Written by Laurel Wilson ( Sailorhathor@aol.com )
Inspired by the Japanese animated show Pretty Soldier Sailormoon.
The ideas for this fanfic were conceived in 1995, but this actual episode was written in March 2003.


"If we get out of this battle, I've got a few things I'd like to talk about."
"Like my girls. They can't be left without a leader."
"Like my feelings. How can he love her when he isn't capable of loving anyone else?"
"Like the truth. How far did the prince take his relationship with the princess of the Sun?"
"I hope we live long enough to get all the answers to our questions."
Pretty Soldier Sailormoon Dark Episode 31: The Greenhouse Battle! Senshi Hearts Beat with Worry. The moonlight carries the message of love.


        "Step inside the room," Selenium instructed, "and avoid the slippery spots. Our leader will extract the Shield from your body."
        Baby Baby Love hid nearby, and as Usagi gingerly stepped into the greenhouse, she started to reveal herself. Voices coming from behind the large tree made her stop.
        "Thanatos Planet Power, Make-up!"
        "Miranda Satellite Power, Make-up!"
        Julian stretched out her arms as she appeared inside an oval turquoise jewel, large enough to hold her. She ran her hands over its inner surface like she was looking for a way out; every place she touched, pale blue light seeped over her hands and arms until it had covered her entire body. In a flash of light, her clothes transformed into the uniform of Sailorthanatos. The jewel faded, then materialized in a much smaller form on the front of her uniform.
        Mannaka stroked the surface of the Travel Theta, her pocket digital assistant linked back to Central Control's main computer. Sparks emitted from Theta's small screen, showering Mannaka until she could not be seen. When the sparks cleared a few seconds later, she was dressed in the fuku of Sailormiranda.
        "We said no transforming!" Sailormolybdenum complained angrily. "Plants, eat up!"
        Kitaeru and Tabitha screamed and struggled as the plants holding them captive opened up wide.
        "Calendar...!" Sailorequinox and Sailorsolstice stood in the doorway of the greenhouse with their palms together. They brought them apart, and phantom scenes of a family celebrating various holidays quickly played out between them, like a film being played in fast motion. Time appeared to be slowing down for everyone else in the room. Equinox and Solstice slapped their hands together, crying, "... Compression!"
        The others moved very slowly as the Calendar Compression attack lagged time down to a crawl. Equinox tossed her Daisy Wreath at Sailorthanatos, and Solstice threw the Crocus Wreath to Sailormiranda. Each Wreath landed on the respective senshi's head. Suddenly they could move normally with the regular flow of time.
        "Take out those plants!" Sailorsolstice called.
        "No problem." Thanatos focused of one of her index fingers, concentrating to build up energy. "Destiny..." She formed a sword-like shape in the air with her finger. The turquoise energy took the shape of a wicked-looking weapon with blue jewels lined up along its shaft. "... Blade!" With a flourish of her hand, Thanatos sent the Destiny Blade at the stem of one of the large plants, the one that held Tabitha. It sliced through the stem, freeing her. She and the beheaded plant fell to the floor in slow motion.
        Sailormiranda moved her fingers around on the surface of Travel Theta. A cloud of deep red energy took shape near her head, hovering above Theta. "Techno Twist!" Miranda cried. The energy immediately zipped through the air, wrapped around the stem of the plant that held Kitaeru, and twisted so tight that the stem snapped in half. The plant had been on the verge of snacking on Kitaeru, but the Techno Twist caused it to topple over, with Kitaeru landing on top of what was left of it.
        "Throw back the Wreaths," Sailorequinox instructed. Once she and Solstice had their Talismans back, time began to move normally for everyone again--including the enemy.
        "We warned y-" Selenium realized that what she had seen as a fast-moving blur was actually some of these senshi making a fool of her. "Hey!"
        Kitaeru punched the dying plant beneath her. "Try to eat me will ya!"
        Holly emerged from her room with a cloud of smoke that enveloped her and crawled past her into the hall. Now dressed in the fuku of Sailoraltrusia, she carried the Heart of Altrusia staff. A very shy and nervous Sailorpaku followed her.
        "Altrusia, we must hurry," said Sailorskull of Index, the Skull dressed all in red. The others stayed in the room.
        Sailoraltrusia ran up to Usagi. "We can beat them! We have a plan."
        Sailorpaku held up the Altrusian Trapper plant that was native to the land of the lost. "Ogansa tusa."
        "Yeah, it's our poisonous magic!"
        "Get in there; they're regrouping!" Usagi said desperately.
        The other plants that Selenium had enslaved snapped at any good senshi they could reach. Glen and Ban scrambled to get out of their way, but they slipped all over the floor.
        Sailormolybdenum went for her Talisman so she could re-aim it in the direction of Thanatos and Miranda.
        Sailoraltrusia put her distraction to work. "Heart of Altrusia, Red and Yellow!" A crystal of each of the colors she named floated off the ball on the top of the staff and collided only a few feet from Selenium. They caused a loud, smoky explosion that knocked Sailorselenium off her feet. Unfortunately, Altrusia performed this attack a little too close to her target and so was blown back against the wall. "Ahhh!" she cried in surprise.
        Sailorskull of Index kept her calm although she really wanted to check on Altrusia. "Holly's plan," she said to Sailorpaku, who bobbed up and down with worry and anxiety. "Ku."
        Since "ku" meant "go" in Pakuni, Sailorpaku made her way across the floor, carefully avoiding the puddles of Molybdenum oil. She placed the Altrusian Trapper on the table next to one of the monstrous plants, then snuck back over to the doorway.
        Selenium got up, rubbing her head. "Ooh, that hurt. What's this? A plant I missed?" She eyed the Altrusian Trapper. "The others don't look like this one..."
        Sailorskull of Index raised her arm with the red crystal bracelet on it. The red crystals glowed suddenly and briefly. "Mind Bender."
        Selenium took out one of her spikes. "It's an excellent idea to attack this new plant. A great idea." She stabbed the Selenispike into the Altrusian Trapper's soil.
        The plant reacted violently, springing up into a monster with an inhuman roar. Sailorselenium smiled. "Go after them!" she commanded. What she did not know was that the plant was still loyal to Sailorpaku. The Trapper growled before lunging down and snapping up Selenium in its jaws. She screamed, but it was to no avail--only her arm protruded from the plant's mouth now.
        Baby Baby Love cringed. "Idiot." The battle was lost now; might as well cut her losses and escape. "Molybdenum, come here!"
        "Chibiusa!" Usagi tried to run across the room to her, but hit a patch of oil and slid noisily into some empty flower pots. "Owww..."
        Baby Baby Love just laughed at her. "You and Darkcosmos become more and more alike each day." As Sailormolybdenum approached her, Baby Baby Love held Dark Luna-P in front of her face. The antennae ball blinked, and suddenly Sailormolybdenum's Elemental Shield popped out of her chest. The girl fainted.
        Several of the transformed senshi prepared to attack Baby Baby Love when they realized she was not an ally of Usagi's. Baby Baby Love speedily grabbed the Shield, opened up a Dark portal, and jumped through.
        Once Molybdenum had been disabled, not only her Talisman but also the oil it had sprayed dissolved away. "Phew!" Glen sighed. "I've never seen so much oil. If she hadn't been evil she would have been my kind of girl."
        The Altrusian Trapper opened to spit out the Selenium Shield, along with what was left of Sailorselenium.
        "Uh, I could have gone all day without seeing that," Tabitha groaned, and shielded her eyes.
        The Elemental Shield quickly spun a cocoon for the recreation of the good Sailorselenium. The plants shrunk back to their original size, ceasing their attempt to eat everyone.
        Ban, jumping up, ran over to help Kitaeru get to her feet. "Are you all right?"
        "Yeah. You?"
        "A little bumped around, but okay." Ban pulled her to him and gave Kitaeru a kiss. "I'm so glad you weren't hurt."
        "Same here." They kissed again.
        Midori worriedly announced, "We can't wake up Ursula!" He shook her lightly. Equinox and Solstice went to help.
        Tabitha looked Sailorthanatos and Miranda over. "Well, that answers that question."
        "What, the fact that we're senshi?" Thanatos shrugged. "Doesn't it make sense that Central Control would be run by senshi?"
        "Well, yeah."
        Skull of Index checked on Sailoraltrusia, who was sitting against the wall. "Holly, are you all right?"
        She rubbed her head. "I hit my head... that staff packs more of a punch than I expected."
        "You'll rest," Skull of Index said gently. She stroked Sailoraltrusia's braids. "You'll be all right."
        There was much commotion in the hallway as several of the other party guests came to the greenhouse and peered in. "What's going on?"
        "Where have you guys been?" Tara smirked.
        "We thought you all were back here partying until you'd been gone for ages," Haruka confessed. She surveyed the scene. "I take it you weren't partying?"
        "Usagi!" Luna called.
        "Usa-ko!" Mamoru ran to her side with Luna right behind him. "What happened?"
        Anxious tears streaked down Usagi's face. "Chibiusa-chan."


    &nb sp;   Laying in bed with a cold rag on her forehead, Holly found that she was feeling a bit better. Still, Enik would not let her get up. "You should rest longer, Holly," she insisted.
        "It's so weird, looking at you in that human disguise," Holly remarked absently. She ran her fingers over Enik's braid. "You look like a girl."
        "I'm aware," Enik smiled. She carefully rearranged the rag on Holly's forehead. "Is it more comforting to look at me in this form?"
        "In some ways, yeah, but in other ways... I miss the Enik I'm used to." Holly smiled back. She added, "You make a real pretty girl, though."
        Enik actually chuckled. "I do?"
        "Yeah." Holly giggled. "I've never heard you chuckle before."
        "We're having many new experiences on this trip." Suddenly, a thought crossed Enik's mind, and she grew solemn. "Holly, I'm worried about you. About your safety. I never really thought about the threat we were facing here until you were hurt today."
        "I wasn't hurt bad," Holly offered.
        "I know. But next time... it just doesn't seem fair. You're so young, and you could be killed." Cocking her head, she sighed. "I wish you had not gotten pulled into this."
        "I have to help. The Earth is my true home. I don't regret having to fight this battle."
        Enik smiled again, and said, "You are very brave, Holly Marshall."
        Holly saw Usagi standing in the doorway, milling around as if she had something to say. "Usagi... she needs us. All of our help. Somehow, I think this situation is hardest on her, even when she isn't the one who gets hurt." Holly took a deep breath. "We should tell her we're here to help her until the end."
        Enik nodded wisely. "We will tell her. Later."
        Molybdenum and Selenium in their civilian forms were also lying down in different rooms. Haruka wanted to question them once they felt better. Since things had quieted down a bit, Glen got on the phone with Nezumi during one of her breaks. "You would have been so glad you weren't here, Nezumi. There was oil just everywhere, everyone slipping all over the place... What a mess!" he laughed.
        Phoebe again stood in a nearby doorway, brooding, all but spying on Glen. Kitaeru discreetly approached her. "Is there any particular reason that it bothers you? Your friend Glen talking to Nezumi Kyomu?"
        At first Phoebe looked at Kitaeru as if she was intruding, but then something loosened up inside her and she smiled a little. "When we all first came to live and work in this house, none of us really knew each other. Tabitha and Sabrina went to the same school... they even had a teacher in common, but they didn't run with the same crowd. Glen, he... he's kind of a player. He likes his women."
        "I noticed," Kitaeru said, smirking. "He flirts with practically every woman he meets."
        "Well, when we first moved in here, Glen flirted with all of us. Some he had sexual chemistry with, some not. The ones he did, he made advances to... I was one of the ones who returned his advances," Phoebe confessed.
        "So you slept with him?" Kitaeru quietly asked.
        "Yes. To make a long story short, it meant more to me than it did to him, and I was hurt for a while. But I got over it." Taking a glance at Glen, Phoebe sighed. "Still, after my experience with him, it's hard for me to believe Glen when he says he's in love with a girl. I'm not sure he's capable of a serious, one-woman relationship. I can't help but be cynical. I mean, how can he bed lots of women and have it mean nothing to him, but then also be capable of truly loving one woman?" She shrugged. "It doesn't make sense to me."
        Kitaeru thought that Phoebe might have a point, but she also may just be allowing her bitterness over the rejection to color her judgment. After all, it must hurt to believe that someone you once loved could love someone else, but they could not love you. "You may be right. But, people can be complicated." She fidgeted a bit, getting up the courage to ask her next question. "So, that's the only reason you doubt their chances for a relationship? It's not Nezumi herself you don't like?"
        Phoebe looked confused. "I don't have any problem with Nezumi. She's nice." She turned more toward Kitaeru. "Why do you ask that?"
        Kitaeru felt more embarrassed than ever now. "Um... she doesn't make you... apprehensive?"
        "No. Why?"
        Kitaeru almost continued, but then wondered if Phoebe knew that Nezumi was Sailorblackhole. "No reason. I just thought maybe that was the problem." She shrugged and laughed it off.
        In another room, Midori tried again to revive Ursula. "What's the matter with her? Why won't she come to?"
        "She did get two large doses of that pollen. We learned in science recently that selenium is the stuff in soil that makes loco weed... well, loco. Any plant that grows in selenium-rich soil becomes loco weed," Tara explained. "I guess Ursula got an overdose."
        That brought a worried expression to Midori's face. "She's been out for over an hour. What can we do?"
        Nathan, from the back of the room, joked, "Can I slap her?"
        "Shut up you dope," Tara snapped. "Where's your girlfriend? Why don't you go bug her?"
        "She's talking to that Nori chick. I got tired of hearing about wonderful, dreamy Endymion."
        "Would you make yourself useful then, Hanagata?" Midori commanded. "Get Ursula a glass of water?"
        "Sure." Nathan did as he was asked. "But how's she gonna drink it?"
        "She's not. Throw it on her face."
        "Cool!" Nathan splashed the water on Ursula's forehead.
        Ursula sputtered and started to come around.
        "Just like in the movies," Nathan commented, smirking.
        "Ursula, are you okay?"
        Ursula finally opened her eyes; she seemed very disoriented. "Wha?"
        Midori softly rubbed her cheek. "Kuroibi-chan. How do you feel?"
        Within a few minutes, Ursula was far more coherent, enough for Tara and Nathan to feel they could leave to check on the condition of the others. Ursula looked at Midori. "Did I really bitch slap a giant plant?"
        He had to laugh. "That you did."
        Ursula snorted at her own behavior, but a serious look overcame her face. "Midori, I want you to make me a promise."
        "About what?"
        Taking a deep breath, Ursula said, "I want you to promise that if anything happens to me, you'll look after my team and help them choose a new leader... the best leader."
        Midori put on a scolding look. "Ursula, why are you talking like that?"
        "Because when that thing sprayed me in the face, I was out for a long time. The enemy sometimes gets the jump on me and I could very well be killed. I need to know that someone will take care of my girls... and even Nathan... if something happened to me."
        "Nothing's going to happen to you," Midori assured, shaking his head.
        "None of us know that for sure," Ursula reminded him. "People have already died. I'm not sure that my team would be able to pull it together if one of us died right now. Kita and Kazan haven't been in the team for long. They'd need all the help they could get to focus and go on." She sighed. "This is all coming out sounding a lot more conceited than it did in my head."
        "No, you're making a lot of sense." Stroking her hair, Midori asked, "Would it make you feel better if I promised you that?"
        "Yes. Tons."
        "Then I promise, if anything happens to you, which it won't, I will help your team choose the right leader to replace you, and look after them. Happy?" Midori kissed her forehead.
        "Happy." Ursula kissed him back, but on the lips.
        "Now you have to promise me something."
        "What?"
        "If anything happens to me, you have to go on with your team and defeat the Dark senshi for me."
        "That's an easy promise to make. I promise." Giggling, Ursula kissed him again, a longer, more sensual kiss. "I think I'd like to go back to the dorm now. This party is about played out."
        Midori laughed. "Ya think?"


         Baby Baby Love quietly snuck through the shadows and placed the Molybdenum Shield with the Dream Eater, which was still under construction. She picked up Dark Luna-P, then headed for her own private place to have a conversation with her.
        "You failed again?"
        Baby Baby Love cringed, then turned to face Sailordarkcosmos. "Yes, Mother Dearest. I thought you didn't want to hear about how the battle turned out unless I was successful."
        "Morbid curiosity." She sighed deeply. "On one hand, I've got you, who can't seem to bring in much of a haul, and on the other hand, I've got flunkies like Darkmercury, who save the enemy at a critical moment. What the hell is wrong with you people?"
        "I'm sorry, but we were outnumbered with all of these new senshi who keep popping up. There's always a ton of them to fight," Baby Baby Love complained.
        "Huh. You may actually have a point there."
        "I do?!"
        "Yes. We've been going about this all wrong. We're deliberately walking into an ambush every time we fight. There are too many of them to fight them on their terms. So... we've got to fight them differently." Sailordarkcosmos giggled. "We won't go after them while they're in big groups. We'll get together our own large group, and then take them out one by one when they are alone. Ambush them."
        "You mean we'll choose one senshi and outnumber her in battle?"
        Darkcosmos evilly giggled again. "Precisely! How can any senshi overcome such odds? I'll get many wonderful Talismans this way." She greedily rubbed her hands together.
        "Great idea, Mother Dearest." Baby Baby Love made a confused face. "And it came from you?"
        "Watch it!" Darkcosmos growled. She thought about her plan for a minute. "I know just the Talisman I want first. One of the True Talismans."
        From the shadows came the laughter of two more Dark senshi, two who were more than ready to go to battle with themselves.


     &n bsp;  Later that night, Mamoru left the college alone upon completing his work for the day. His last class was a night class, and let out long after dark. He walked toward the train station, not even realizing that the park he passed each time was now empty of people.
        Mamoru was taken by surprise when Sailorneptune leapt down from a tree and landed in his path. She regarded him sternly.
        Furrowing his brow at her, Mamoru asked, "What are you doing here, Neptune?"
        Sailoruranus jumped down several feet behind him. He turned and looked at her, then back at Neptune. "What's going on?"
        "We need to talk to you," Neptune replied.
        "Okay... but why are you doing it this way?" He looked at the two of them suspiciously.
        Sailorsat urn appeared from behind a tree, on Mamoru's left side, and Sailorpluto appeared on his right side. These actions did all their speaking for them, so Mamoru quickly transformed into Tuxedo Mask. "So, why are we fighting tonight?"
        "You are not the one we want to speak to," Sailoruranus informed him.
        "We'd like to speak to the prince," Saturn continued.
        "Oh." Tuxedo Mask stretched out one arm. "Royalty of the Golden Kingdom, transform." Golden energy formed his sword in his hand, and then coursed down his arm, turning him into Prince Endymion. "Now, what is this all about?"
        "We didn't come here to fight," Pluto explained, and continued, "Tell us about the nature of your relationship with Sailorsun, the princess of the Sun Kingdom."
        Prince Endymion sighed angrily. "That's none of your business."
        Saturn snapped, "It is our business."
        "The safety of the solar system is always our business. You hurt that girl somehow, and she could become dangerous because of it. We will have to deal with that threat when it comes," Sailoruranus declared. "Now tell us."
        "Are you willing to fight me to get that information out of me?" Prince Endymion asked. "Is that what this little show is about?"
        "Yes," Sailorpluto replied. "Is that what you really want?"
        The annoyance and frustration showed on Endymion's face. "I barely know her. She's fixated on me for some reason. I can't get rid of her. This whole thing isn't my fault."
        "Liar!" Neptune accused.
        Sailorpluto picked up the Itsubun of the Past and turned to a marked page. She read, "'Endymion and I went to the Festival of the Sun tonight. It was such a romantic date--he kissed me three times in front of several of the other princesses! I no longer believe he is trying to hide our relationship. After the official dances, Endymion took me behind the-'"
        "That's enough!" Prince Endymion snapped.
        "What did you tell this girl, Endymion? Did you tell her you loved her? Did you sleep with her?"
        "Now that really is none of your business." Endymion looked at each of them with resentment. "How dare you speak to me this way."
        "So you did sleep with her." Sailorneptune sighed. "You obviously meant something to her; she wrote about you all the time in this book. Did she mean anything to you?"
        Prince Endymion sighed also, but for different reasons. "No. I loved Princess Serenity. She was kind, sweet, and virtuous. The exact kind of girl a man would want for a wife. But a man also has needs. I never told Princess Sun that I loved her. She created all of that marriage and love stuff in her own head. She was just a plaything."
        "You broke her heart," Sailorsaturn said matter-of-factly.
        For the first time, Endymion seemed regretful over the situation. "Apparently."
        "You have a much darker side than I ever would have anticipated, Prince," Sailoruranus said.
        "Oh come now, Uranus. That's the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it? You should understand better than the others that men have certain needs," Endymion smirked in reply.
        Sailoruranus only snickered at the veiled insult. "Perhaps. But most men keep them in check. Real men. They don't play with the emotions of a powerful senshi who commands the forces of one's own sun." She signaled to the other Outer Senshi. "Obviously Dumpling doesn't know about your indiscretions with Princess Sun. We won't be the ones to tell her, but you should, and soon. If Sun becomes a threat to the Earth over you, we will take care of her. I suggest you do something about her before we have to. The Earth will not be sacrificed because of your needs." With that, the Outer Senshi leapt off into the darkness.
        Endymion immediately transformed back into Mamoru, and sighed deeply. "I'm trying to do something about her. She just won't leave me alone."

"What are the duties of the Senshi of Fate?"
"They are nothing you would want to deal with. They are ultimate powers over destiny. Most people could not handle them and will never escape them. They are the powers of Thanatos."
"What gives you the right to decide who lives and who dies?! My father was a good man who didn't deserve to die! By the power of the Wheel of the Year, the Solstice will end your arbitrary reign of suffering!"
"If the powers of Fate were offered to you, would you take them?"
Sailormoon Dark Episode 32: A Twist of Fate. Father's Strong-Willed Girl. The moonlight carries the message of love.

----------------------------------------------------


On to Episode 32: A Twist of Fate. Father's Strong-Willed Girl.
Back to Episodes
Back to Sailormoon Dark