Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sanity Found in Love ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
As soon as Dr. Mizuno entered Haruka's room she could see a change of color in her skin. It had become the more normal tan look for the young driver. She sighed in relief because this was a good sign that she is recovering nicely. Dr Mizuno reached over and hit the call nurse button to get some assistance in helping her wheel Haruka to the CAT scan.

The nurse came rushing into the room slightly out of breath from the jog down the hall.

Ami looked over and laughed. "There was no need to run you know. She isn't going to be waking up anytime soon."

The nurse, Minako Aino, gave Ami a slightly peeved look. " You know you could have grabbed one of us as you were walking by."

" What would have been the fun of that," Ami started to laugh at the look on Minako's face. "Oh just come over here and help me unhook her from all the monitors so I can take her to get her next scan."

Minako grumbled as she walked over to do as she was asked. "You know one of these days I'm not going to be here for you to laugh at. I already got a small contract to do an add for make-up."

Everyone in the hospital and all of Minako's friends knew she was here only temporarily. They all knew she was going to be a famous model or actress one day. Ami could see the determination in her eyes every time she saw her.

"I heard you got a hold of Usagi today. A miracle all on its own you know," Mina chuckled at her own joke.

Ami looked over and smiled, "Yeah, I got her to take Haruka on as a client once she is able to get out of here." Ami unhooked the last I.V. and started to roll the bed out, "Hey, you want to help me roll her up. I want to chat more. We don't get to do it often anymore since we left the University."

"Sure, I don't have anything I need to do at the moment and I have a break in a few minutes," Mina walked over and opened the door farther.

As they both wheeled the gurney towards the elevator both started to reflect back on school. All three of them had been roommates in the dorms, Ami, Mina, and Usagi. When they got into the elevator Ami pushed the button for the third floor.

Ami sighed, "You know we should spend the weekend together this weekend before Usagi goes on vacation. Otherwise we won't be seeing her for a long time. I miss us being together and just being silly."

"Then I better be the one to talk to Usagi," Mina laughed a bit, " We both know I am the only one that can actually pull her away from work."

They both had a small laugh over that.

"You know once you hit it big Mina, we won't see much of you either," small tears started to gather in Ami's eyes making them glitter. "We are growing apart as we get older. I don't know what I would do without you and Usagi. You two have been my only friends. You guys are practically my sisters."

Mina sniffled a little and blinked a lot trying not to let a tear fall. "Don't worry, when I make it, I am going to invite you two to all of the balls and evening parties you guys could handle." They both smiled at each other and gave one another a small hug to reassure themselves that they would never stop being friends. "Oh, I never did tell you who I snagged as a manager. I got Rei Hino." Mina laughed at Ami.

"You mean THE Rei Hino from high school? Everyone thought she disappeared."

"Yup the one and only. You know she isn't as mean as she used to be. If you and Usagi gave her another chance I bet we could all be friends."

Ami snorted at that, "Good luck on trying to get Usagi twenty feet near her. Last I knew Usagi wanted to beat her to an inch of her life and that's saying something. You know Usagi wouldn't hurt a fly if her life depended on it."

The elevator doors swished open at that moment and both began pushing the gurney into the hall and down towards the CAT scan room.

"They just got off on a bad foot is all, Usagi used to be so clumsy and the one person she just happen to fall onto most of the time was Rei." Mina flashed a bright smile at that and Ami couldn't help but laugh.

"Well Mina I'll give you a call later on and let you know when we have a couple of days off. That way you can bug Usagi ahead of time," Ami snickered at Mina.

For her part Mina looked highly affronted, "I do not BUG Usagi when I want her to do something," Mina winked, " I just talk until she can't stand it anymore and agrees." They both doubled over laughing at that.

"Alright, alright, you win." Ami waved bye to Mina as she wheeled Haruka into the room. All business now she turned to the technician, " I need another scan of her brain cavity to see if the swelling has gone down."

The lanky technician stood and saluted with a grin, " Yes ma'am Dr. Mizuno."

"Smart ass," Ami chuckled.