Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ ShinoTenshi no Ai (Love of the Angel of Death) ❯ Arrival ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER I: ARRIVAL

Usagi stared at Mamoru in a state of semi-shock. He hadn't noticed her yet, he was too entangled with the red-head in the bed.

"Kusottare!! (Bastard, asshole)" Usagi shouted, backing out of his apartment's bedroom.

Mamoru jerked away from the red-head, "Nande kuso?! (What the hell?!) Usagi! It's not what you think! Usako!"

His shouts fell on deafened ears. Usagi had already turned and ran out of his apartment. She blindly ran down the street; thankfully there was little pedestrian traffic. She headed for the Cherry Hill Temple. As she ran into view of the Temple, some hidden instinct told her to stop and approach with caution. Fearful that a Youma had attacked and was still around, Usagi cautiously made her way to Rei's room. It was then she heard them. Her Senshi.

"Are you sure the fire readings told you that, Rei?" Usagi heard her cousin, Minako ask the Priestess in training. She sounded afraid.

"Yes. I even had Ami scan her after that battle last night." Rei replied.

Usagi's heart nearly stopped. Ami had scanned her last night after she had defeated an attacking Youma single-handedly. Ami was worried that she had hurt herself; or so Ami had said.

"I didn't like lying to her. But the scans show that Usagi might not be who we thought she was. Her readings were totally abnormal, even for her. Its possible she's not aware of it." Ami said.

Usagi had been feeling strange lately…and her ability to control the Silver Imperial Crystal had greatly improved.

"She's still our Princess…right??" Makoto asked, worry tingeing her voice.

"I don't think she is. She acts nothing like Princess Serenity." Rei said. She sounded both smug and sad.

Usagi gritted her teeth, pain in her heart first Mamoru' betrayal and now this one. Her fists clenched as she silently crept into the room. Usagi was mildly surprised by the crowd. The Outer Senshi was there, minus Pluto as usual. None of them had noticed her. Luna and Artimis were there as well; Artimis was draped over Minako's shoulder and Luna sat between Ami and Rei. Usagi saw Hotaru look around the room and spot her. Hotaru's violet eyes widened.

"And just what do you propose, Rei?" Usagi asked bitterly.

All the Senshi, excluding Hotaru, jerked about at her voice. Haruka and Michiru looked at one another, then at Usagi. Rei just looked at the Tsuki no Senshi (soldier of the Moon) and said, "Simple. We find out if you are the Princess…and if you are, then what is happening to you."

Usagi's teeth clenched and her sapphire blue eyes hardened. She walked towards Rei, her fists clenching and unclenching. Then it struck her. A blinding pain, ripping through her body as though part of her very being was being torn apart.

"What?" Usagi gasped, clutching her head between her hands as a purplish light engulfed her. Her crescent moon birthmark appeared upon her brow.

**Serenity-Hime? What is happening??** A deep masculine voice asked her.

"Who…what are you??" Usagi asked, closing her eyes against the light.

**Hime-sama, please help me…something is happening…I feel so strange…so weak…** The voice said and this time it sounded weaker, fainter.

"I will try…" Usagi said, eyes still closed as she reached into the light. Her hands came in contact with cold metal armor. She wrapped her hands around what felt like a chest plate and pulled it towards her withal her strength.

The Senshi, whom had covered their eyes when the purplish light had flared up, heard Usagi speak, a loud clanking sound and then a thud. They uncovered their eyes to see Usagi on the ground and a young man, a little older than the Inner Senshi, in purplish samurai-like armor and a long black cape atop of her. <<AN: Nothing like that, you Hentais!>>

"Serenity-hime!" He exclaimed as he quickly stood and gently pulled Usagi to her feet.

"Who are you?" Haruka demanded, having the strange feeling that she knew him.

The young man suddenly kneeled before Usagi and gently took her hand in his and kissed it before saying, "Prince Kafir of Saturn, elder brother of Hotaru, at your service on more Serenity-hime."

Hotaru blinked and squealed, "Onii-chan!" Before tackling Kafir, whom easily caught her.

"Imouto-chan, where are we?" Kafir asked, looking around Temple in confusion.

"We are in the Cherry Hill Temple, Onii-chan." Hotaru said, hugging Kafir tightly.

"The what Temple? I've never heard of it and - why are we on Earth?!" He all but shrieked as he caught sight of the almost full moon.

"We live here and just what is your problem?!" Rei growled.

Kafir scowled at her and said, "Just because Eros is not present is not a reason to be - " he stopped and gently covered Hotaru's ears before continuing, "a bitch, Rei-hime!"

"Eros??" Minako said, blinking.

"Your twin brother, Minako-hime, how can you forget?" Kafir retorted matter-of-factly as he uncovered Hotaru's ears.

"Kafir, what's the last thing you remember?" Ami asked, attempting to confirm a suspicion.

Kafir blinked his nearly indigo eyes and replied, "Battling Beryl, Ami-hime…Hermes, Zeus, and I was struck by a powerful blast. We were sent flying…and then there was a flash of light…then I was here…"

"You weren't reborn like we were…" Michiru gasped.

Luna looked as though she was about to pass out; Artimis was ahead of her, he had fainted when the purplish light had flared up.

"Luna, what's wrong?" Usagi asked her advisor.

Luna was staring at Kafir with an intense gaze. Kafir stared back at her, his face cold, his warrior training kicking in. Hotaru went to hug him again, only to be cut by a sliver of crystal embedded in his armor.

"Itai!" she cried out, holding her bleeding hand.

Kafir quickly stripped off his gauntlets and reached out to hold Hotaru's injured hand. When their hands touched, their hands glowed with a purplish light. When the light diminished, Hotaru's hand was healed. Kafir then reached up to pull the crystal sliver out of his armor. He held it up and it gleamed the same color as his armor.

"What's this? None of the attacks thrown had crystals of this color…" Kafir murmured before turning unusually pale.

"Kafir?!" Hotaru shouted as he stumbled backwards. His armor glowed brightly before seeming to melt away to leave him in a pair of tight purple trousers, black boots that went to his mid-shins, and a black vest. He then fell backwards, collapsing on the floor.