Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sway with the Ocean Tide ❯ Michiru: Act III ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Michiru and company returned to the Chiba estate after a fruitless trek to Haruka's house.
"So, Michiru-san, what have you done over the last five years?" Usagi asked over a quick dinner of soba noodles.
"Nothing, really. I did a lot more painting and playing, but it was all just to drown out my feelings."
"Really?"
"Yes. There was nothing else for me to do. My friends are all here in Tokyo. Plenty of girls introduced themselves to me at my school in Osaka, but my family dragged me down so far, I still felt like an outcast. I never really talked to any of them or trusted them, and after some time they drifted away from me. I made excellent grades in school, but it meant nothing to me. I entered art shows and music competitions at my parents' command and did well, I suppose, but I couldn't really get past the fact that I was on display before the whole world.
"And I missed everyone. You, Usagi-chan, and everyone else I knew made me so much happier. Especially Haruka." Michiru's eyes twinkled. "She was the light in my life, and then I lost her.
"When I graduated from high school my parents told me they didn't want me. They were ashamed of me and never wanted to see my face again. So I left. I went to a small, private music college. I got a degree and became a junior high school orchestra teacher. But that only lasted a year and a half; I made a lot of money with my paintings and now do paintings on commission for people."
She sighed. "There were plenty of people who wanted to make me theirs. Both men and women. Some of the girls were absolutely breathtaking. But I distanced myself from them. And I didn't want anything to do with the men, of course. I had to be with her. She was the only person I wanted in my life."