Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Hope of Revenge ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Here it is, the final instalment of the trilogy. I hope that you all enjoy this final part of three and that you are not dissapointed. I recommend that you read "All's Fair in Love and War," and "Decided Bride" before continuing on with this story, since it is a continuation of the two stories, however it is not necessary. I will include appropriate flashbacks and recaps from the previous two stories so that this one will make sense all on it's own. Anja.

Now, without further adue, I give you part III of III, The Hope of Revenge:



Prologue


The concept of hope is one that can be both confusing and comforting. It can be the basis of belief in something that does not exist or something that is the epitome of existence. It can be lost and created anew, it can be trampled and rise again with renewed vigour and strength. Hope can be placed in something that is completely meaningless or something that can affect whole planets and solar systems. Each person hopes in something, otherwise they would cease to exist. If a person cannot even hope for the next day to arrive, then it simply never will.

The legends of the Moon and Earth are ones filled with many hopes, both simple and complex. Each tale that has been passed down through the generations carries it's own specific appeal and magic, each different and open to interpretation. One such legend is one of the oldest, dating back to ancient times so long forgotten that all that is left of them are questionable legends. Still, they serve to entertain, inform, and enlighten. Their beauty spans time and can still touch hearts today.

The legend tells the tale of Serenity and Endymion; a couple who's love could rival that of Romeo and Juliet, Cinderella and Prince Charming, Buttercup and Wesley, Pyramus and Thisbe, or Tarzan and Jane. They lived, laughed, and loved together so many ages ago, the memory of them preserved only in the tomes of time. Along with their fable lives the one of Selenity and Kinotsu, their love preceding Serenity and Endymion's. Their epic was one of love and war, a tale cut short by hate and malice. The same hate and malice sired the new threat that was to reach out against Serenity and Endymion and endanger everyone yet again.

In this tale the story which will be considered is that of what happened after Serenity and Endymion, when the new threat arose. Everyone knows that the two fell in love and married, but what happened next? Despite their new found happiness, evil lurked around the corner, an evil that would affect the entire solar system. It was an evil that they hoped would never surface, brought about by events that linked Selenity and Kinotsu's tale to Serenity and Endymion's. Now the two stories would meet and intertwine, creating a myth that would overshadow that of either couple.

Is the legend true? Each person has to judge that for themselves. It could have happened, but as far as legends go, not all of them did or even could have occurred. That which is about to be told is the closest thing to truth as could be found. Perhaps it happened, perhaps not, but either way it is a chronicle of hope, a recounting of revenge, and a tale filled with the lore of love. In what manner each of these elements is presented must be identified by each individual reader or listener.

This particular tale begins four years after Serenity and Endymion met. What happened in the time between their meeting and the start of the story? Heaven only knows. There are more important questions to be answered however. The Hope of Revenge…is it a good thing or bad thing? Can it be good? Or must it be bad?

Only the legend contains the answer.


-----------------------------------------------------
~Disclaimer~I do not own the rights to Sailormoon or any of the characters. That honour belongs to Naoko Takeuchi, and I am simply a lowly author who can use her characters for my plots.

-----------------------------------------------------