Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Mars Saga ❯ The ending day of the Silver Millennium ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Version 1.5
Now with Spellcheck

The Mars Saga
by Candy aka solarsun
Chapter 16: The ending day of the Silver Millennium

Raye stood out in the hallway. Looking up she saw her mothers bed chamber with two guards outside of it. Maybe she could convince Luna...
No her father had already talked to the cats about something and they weren't speaking to her about it.
"Hey Raye," Hotaru said stepping out of the set of purple red doors to Raye's left. Her room was to the right of her. This was way early in the morning, 2 am and most of the palace was sleeping. She had figured this was the best time to try and sneak in her mothers room since she hadn't been able to see her for a while now. Raye wished to see her mother on her birthday.
"What?" Raye whispered looking at Hotaru who came and stood beside her.
"What are you doing?" She asked looking down the hall to see what Raye was looking at.
"Trying to get into mothers chamber," Raye said. "Don't you want to see mom?"
"But father said not until after your ball tonight. He's afraid that you'll get sick or I and not be able to attend the ball."
"I know that," Raye said turning her head back to face the doors of her mothers. "But I want to see her anyway." Hotaru sighed looking at her doors to see Hades peaking out to catch them standing there.
"Well hello girls," He said quietly. "Now what would a pair of princesses be doing in the middle of a hallway at night staring at your mothers bedroom doors?" Hades eyed them both. Raye just glared at the cat.
"I had to sneak out not waking Demos to stand out here...if your going to be here can you at least help so I can see my mother and go back to bed?" Hades just chuckled quietly looking up at them both.
"Sure why not," He said. "I haven't been scolded by Luna for a while." Raye and Hotaru broke out in a smile. "I'm only doing this because it has been confirmed that the sickness your mother has is not cacheable."
"Then why the heck are they not letting us see her?!" She quietly yelled.
"Because of "other" issues my dear girls," He responded. Then walking down the hall a bit he turned back. "Just let me go and do something first and you may enter." Both girls nodded watching the cat walk down the hallway towards the guys and sit in front of the doors all of a sudden. Hades was to far away to actually hear what he was saying for the girls but not to long after both guards fell over seemingly asleep. Walking back slowly he sat down in front of them licking his paw.
"What the heck did you do?" Hotaru said looking over at the guards.
"Its a song that I was taught when I was younger that puts lesser magical beings to sleep once they hear it. Both of you are major magical beings so it would take a longer version of the song to put you out."
"Cool!" Hotaru exclaimed hopping once in happiness. "Can we see mother now?" Hades nodded but then added.
"Your not going to like what you see."
"I'll be the judge of that," Raye said storming down the hallway with Hotaru in toe as they opened the door slowly.

The room was dark, of course it was. This was night and she slept with the lights off. Their father was not their so it meant he was sleeping in a guest room in one of the guest wings that where filled up with Raye's birthday party this afternoon. A window cast light upon the sleeping figure of their mother who seemed to be sleeping soundly. Nothing about her made them worry but because of that they began to worry.
"Mom...?" Hotaru whispered sitting on the side of her bed and touching her arm. Raye was on the other side now looking down at her mother. The way she was sleeping was giving her the creeps. Raydance's eyes opened slowly to stare up at the canopy of her bed for a little bit, as if not acknowledge the two people in the room. "Mom...its me Hotaru..."
After a few long silent minutes their mother turned her head to Hotaru and looked at the child on the side of her bed.
"I'm not hungry right now." Was all she said looking at the girl.
"What?" Raye responded puzzled at why her mother would say she wasn't hungry. Maybe she thought Hotaru wanted her to accompany them to the kitchen or something for a late night snack.
"You heard me, I'm not hungry right now." She said a little stern turning her head to Raye this time glaring at her like Raye was at fault.
"We don't have any food," Hotaru said chuckling lightly thinking this whole thing was some sorta joke. "Mom we came to see you."
"Mom?!" Raydance said turning to Hotaru again. "Your not my children...I have no children...aren't you the servant girls who come and feed me?"
"No..." Hotaru said her eyes now welting up with tears. "We're your daughters Raye and Hotaru!" She yelled slamming her fist on the bed next to her mother. "Stop playing this cruel joke."
"What joke? It's you guys who are playing the joke," Raydance said sitting up. "I already told you I don't want any food so there is no need for you two to be here." Raye didn't say a word but just looked at her mother in shock...

...was this what father was trying to hide from them...

The fact that their mother seemingly lost her memory.
"Come on Hotaru," Raye said quietly standing up and walking over to her younger sister. "Mother needs her rest."
"NO..." Hotaru wailed looking down angrily at their mother. "What's wrong with her? What has happened to her?!" Raye sighed pulling Hotaru up and forcibly hugging the crying child.
"I don't know Hotaru..." Raye whispered. "But we can't fix it right now. So lets go so we don't wake anyone else up." Hotaru nodded slowly like a child who had just been scolded. Turning Raye grabbed her sisters hand and looked one last time at her mother who was glaring at them.
"No more jokes, ok?" Raydance said laying down and curling back up in the blankets. Raye looked behind her shoulder at her sister and they walked out of the room.

***********************************

His eyes darted around the room, looking for the time. On the wall where the rising sun had just started to creep up was a clock. It said 6:45 on it. Yawning he sat up in his bed and stretched. Today was Princess Raye's 16 birthday. The whole solar system was rejoicing at it. He was no different from them. This year she officially was old enough to be betrothed to one lucky guy. Raydance before she got sick mentioned it to him a while ago during a short visit. He had thought about asking Raye's parents if he could have the honor but every time he thought about it his heart leapt into his throat and he couldn't speak. Sighing he stood up and turned around to open the curtains the rest of the way to see a red headed woman standing there with a revealing purple skin tight dress on and a weird head ordiment.

It was Queen Beryl. On her face was a sly grin as if she knew something he did not.
"Hello Prince Darien," She said almost hissing.
"What are you doing here?!" He asked alarmed and growing more angrily by the second looking at the woman.
"O just came to offer you a trade, I guess." She said smiling and stepping foreword and walking around him. He just glared at the woman silently.
"What do you mean?" He said.
"O it's fairly simple Darien, I'll spare the princess's life if you agree to something." Darien's eyes flared up in the mention of Raye. What the heck was she meaning?!
"What do you mean?"
"I mean it's fairy simple. I won't kill the princess you so desire if you do one thing for me," She wrapped her hands on his shoulder. He could feel the twisted tips of her fingernails scratching upon the bare skin of his shoulders.
"And what is that?" He said turning his head slightly to look at her. Beryl's mouth broke into a smile as she came around to his front.
"Marry me, be devoted to my every wish and I won't kill Raye," She responded. Darien was instantly mad.
"Are you insane?!"
"No why?" She said with a chuckle. "I could also release Raydance of her memory loss if you agree to it. Raye and Hotaru found out this morning about it. It would probably make the princess the most happy person at her birthday party if her mother could join her." Shock ran through his features. Did Beryl just say what he had herd. Wasn't the two princesses forbidden to go in till after the party by their father? Closing his eyes he swallowed hard. How had Raye taken it? Beryl smiled placing one of her hands under his chin and lifting it up so she could look at his face better. Yes she almost had him...
"No," He said firmly. "You will never touch a hair on Raye's head as long as I live, you understand me?" Beryl sneered at him, removing her hand from the side of his face in such a hurry that one of her twisted fingernails cut him.
"Foolish boy, then you will loose everyone around you, including the precious princess," She hissed disappearing into black smoke. Darien lifted his hand to touch his chin and found it bleeding. Sighing he grabbed a towel in his bathroom and began to wash up for the day.

*********************************

Beryl turned to one of her lackeys once she returned.
"Gather all of the Prince's guards and generals,"
"But ma'am," The creature said only to have her turn around and slap him across the face, cutting it up quit a bit.
"No buts, do you hear me. I want all four of them gathered so I may talk to them. Do what is needed to fulfill it." The creature nodded bowing and quickly rushed away as Beryl sneered at the thought of what happened with Darien. Looking down at her right hand she saw a trace of his blood on the finger nail and began to lick it...

***********************************

Destanance smiled pouring the potion in a jar. The curse was almost set. Now all she had to do was get it in the palace so the princess may consume it at her birthday party somehow. She handed it to a guard who was standing there waiting for it. Smiling she saw him exit the room with it.
"You can still stop it still," The voice said inside. She just chuckled evilly.
"Now why would I want to do that? Tonight is the night I fulfill my destiny fool." Humming happily she walked into her bathroom to get dressed for her niece's 16 birthday party.

**********************************

Sitting in front of the roaring fire in the temple inside the court yard Raye sat there. Her eyes closed as she concentrated upon the fire in front of her. It was trying to show her something but it was puzzled and a jumbled up mess. It had to do with Serena and the future that was not now. It was starting to give her a headache so she opened her eyes and rubbed her temples.
"What is the fire trying to tell me..." She muttered looking at it. It showed the scouts as well but not in their normal forms nor did they have their families wands. Then it had shown the cats, two instead of the four they had. Standing up she turned around to see the door to the fire room door slightly open. Walking to it she exited the room to see Darien there quit nervously standing. "Darien...?"
"Hey Raye," He said his eyes looked relieved. For a while there he thought Beryl had actually did something to her when he found her missing from her room. "I was looking for you."
"I see," She said slipping off the robe she used to reveal the dress she was wearing. "So what's up?"
"Well I guess I was just making sure you and I where still going together tonight for your birthday party."
"Well yah Darien, why would I change my mind about that?" Raye asked as they walked out of the temple and into the court yard. Around the couple people where rushing about trying to make sure everything when right for her birthday. Herid, Raye's father was taking care of it all since Raydance had fallen ill. It wasn't running as smoothly as it had the past years but in past years there hadn't been as big of a crowd. The reason of course was stated before. That Raye had turned the proper age for a prearranged marriage to be set and every royal in the solar system had wanted a spot at the table for her birthday to start talks with the king and queen about Raye's husband. Raye didn't seem to either notice it or ignored it all. Teenage boys who where about 16-19 years old lined the pathways that Darien and Raye took back to the palace in awe at the princess's demanding beauty and power. Darien noticed it all though and he grew nervous. What if one of the suitors was a henchman for Beryl, there to kill Raye because he didn't agree to the marriage offer. "Darien....is something wrong?"
"What?" He said shaking out of his thought and looked down at her.
"I just asked if you where in the talks with my father for the arranged marriage yet and you said nothing or did nothing." She responded looking a little away. When it came to the princess's heart she liked to hide it but this was daring for her to even ask such a question.
"...N....n..no why?" He asked turning red and blushing brightly.
"No reason," She said sighing and heading away toward her room leaving him there shocked. Had Raye just hinted that she wanted him to marry her?! Looking up he saw her close the door of her room. Turning he decided to try to talk to Herid about it. He really wished Raydance was better so he could ask her. Always asking a father for a daughters hand was tough.

*********************************

Jeadite, Nephlite, Kunzite, and Zoicite looked at each other in the conference room. Someone had all contacted them saying the king had wanted to speak with them about security matters for the birthday party.
"I hope their here soon," Zoicite said sighing. "I told Amy I would meet her at the library when the woman came."
"I was going to meet Serena," Jeadite said tapping his fingers on the table top. "We where going to discuss ways to push Darien into asking Raye's father about marring her." He chuckled thinking about it.
"I was going to take Mina out for shopping," Kunzite said smiling.
"And Lita and I where going to go train together," Nephlite said.
"So why are they taking so long?!" Kunzite said standing up only to have a puff of black smoke appear on the table as Queen Beryl appeared to them.
"Hello gentlemen," Queen Beryl smiled twistedly as she looked at the guys who held a shocked expression upon their faces. "Nice to see you too."
"Why are you here? And why shouldn't we call on the guards right now?" Jeadite said standing up because he was closest to the door.
"Don't bother, your not in the palace anymore you fools," She sneered as the table disappeared and the area round them was the thrown room of the negaverse.
"Why did you bring us here?!" Kunzite yelled stepping foreword.
"Because I have a proposition for you guys," She said with a smiling. "Join me."
"You would have to kill me before I even considered it!" Jeadite yelled as Nephlite held him back so he didn't do something stupid.
"Listen to my view. Tonight there is going to be an attack on the palace."
"You witch..." Zoicite hissed.
"Why tell us this?! Your a real moron!" Jeadite responded. Beryl just laughed putting her hand up to tell them to stop talking.
"Your not leaving here tonight my dears." She said. "You either join me or you die tomorrow by the hands of your prince."
"What?!" Nephlite said shocked.
"He'll think your all traitors and when you go back he'll kill you himself for helping kill the princess," Beryl sneered. "How emotions can be played so easily."
"What if we do join you?" Nephlite asked eyeing her.
"Then I promise I will spare your loves in the upcoming battle," Beryl said with a sly smile upon her face.
"...really?" This time Zoicite asked stepping foreword. Beryl nodded.
"My quarrel is not for them, it is for Princess Raye. I'll spare them so you may still love them."
"...I'll do it..." Zoicite said looking down.
"ARE YOU NUTS!" Jeadite said angrily at Zoicite.
"I couldn't see Amy hurt guys. Don't blame me for this," Zoicite said looking away.
"...neither can I," Nephlite said next. "I'll join you."
"We're going to forsake our prince for her?!" Jeadite yelled slapping Nephlite across the face.
"Don't worry, Prince Darien will soon agree to marry so you won't be forsaking him at all," Beryl said looking at Kunzite who looked like he was about to give in as well.
"I want to join as well..." Kunzite said looking away from Jeadite who growled at all of them throwing up his hands at his now trader comrades.
"Well then Jeadite, your the only one who won't agree and see the winning." Jeadite spit on her cheek glaring at her.
"I will NEVER join you," He said. Beryl snapped her hands and two creatures of hers appeared on each side of him cuffing his hands before he could do anything which cut off his power. "Go ahead and kill me. At least I know I died for a good cause!" She waved her hand and they drug him away.
"I'm sorry you had to see that," Beryl said.
"Are you really going to kill him?" Zoicite asked.
"No...I'm just going to *PERSUADE* him," Beryl smiled. "Now follow my servant here for your new outfits and knowledge upload. Everyone nodded slowly and followed behind a servant who appeared." Beryl just laughed a manic laugh. Everything was going to her updated plan. "Raye is going to die and I will finally be the ruler of the universe, like I should..."

***************************************

Raye looked at her dress as she stood in front of the mirror as servants worked on her long raven locks and placed the ruby crown on her head. That's when the door burst open to see the rest of her court standing there with their crowns on and dresses all with a worried look on their faces.
"What's going on?" Raye asked turning slightly to see them.
"Their gone," Serena said as Amy tried to comfort Mina who was crying.
"Who is?" Raye asked growing worried.
"Darien's generals, his guards are gone!" Mina cried out. Raye touched her lips gasping at the news.
"Are you sure?" Raye asked looking at them all.
"We talked to Darien about this supposed meeting they where called in and he said he had heard nothing of it and that such a meeting with all his generals would require his presents. Something's happened to them." Amy rattled off. "The entire palace is on alert for them but nobody has seen them since they left for the meeting." Raye looked worried at all of them.
"I'm sure their fine...at least I hope so..." She said smiling weakly. That's when Hotaru came rushing in with the four cats behind her in her dressy garments and crown of saturn.
"...guys...an attack....the palace..." She said as Sailor Pluto, Uranus, and Neptune came behind her already transformed.
"What?!" Lita said turning.
"Queen Beryl and Destanance have attacked the palace," Uranus said. "Raye come with us. We have to get the two princesses to a safe distance."
"Have they found the generals yet?" Serena went up asking the scouts. Uranus looked at Neptune who looked down touching the top of Hotaru's head.
"I'm sorry but they've been seen attacking the guards around the palace..." Mina looked up at them her eyes pleading that Michelle hadn't said that. "Their traitors..."
"No!" Mina shouted. "It can't be true...Kunzite loves me...he would never..." That's when Darien came running up to the room.
"Come on guys, we've got to get out of here!" He shouted then pulling out his sword and attacked something that only Neptune and Uranus could see for they went to help him.
"Take the back door!" Amara shouted at the girls. Lita shook Mina who nodded slowly. It didn't matter about their loves anymore. It was their duty to protect Raye and Hotaru now.
"Moon Power!"
"Mercury Power!"
"Venus Power!"
"Jupiter Power!" In a flurry of color and elements the scouts now stood there. Hotaru looked at Raye who reached their hands out as the scepter and Glaive appeared in the princess's hands.
"Come on girls, we've got to get going!" Luna said as she looked at Artemis, Demos, and Hades. Rushing up Lita put her foot under Raye's bed and kicked it slightly to have a seemingly invisible door pop open to her left. Quickly they rushed through having Mina shut the door behind them as they made it down the secret hallway that connected all the royal's bedchambers. Turning a corner they saw a shadow figure where the hallway was connected by Kunzite's rooms. A light but eerie laugh began from the figure. Mina walked up.
"Who the heck are you?!" She shouted then turning her head. "Keep going guys I'll handle this." Jupiter nodded as they quickly rushed off in the main section of the hallway leaving Sailor Venus behind.
"Well my dear," The voice said stepping into the little light the tunnels had and made Mina gasp in shock...

It was Kunzite.
"Kunzite..." She muttered tears already spilling over her eyes. The scout of love was in pain from seeing her former love standing there with the evilest of grins on his face as if he was planning to kill her.
"Yes Sailor Venus?" He asked brushing his silver hair back then crossing his arms over his chest.
"How could you!!" She shouted at him anger filling her whole being. "Beryl is the enemy!" Kunzite just chuckled again as if to laugh at her ignorance.
"Fool," He said glaring at her. "Beryl is not the enemy...it is you who is the enemy!" He shouted. "NEGAVERSE DESPAIR BLAST!" The blast in the small tunnel gave no where for Mina to run.
"Ahhhh!" She screamed as it hit her dead on and her body flew into a wall of the tunnel and slid down to the ground. Kunzite walked up to the very limp Mina and kicked her leg slightly laughing thinking Mina was dead.
"You JERK!" She yelled her head flaring up. "Your not going to walk away from this either!" She touched the jewel on her tiara. "Venus Crescent Beam..." Her hand shot up to his stomach. "...SMASH!" The beam shot right through Kunzite who fell backward from the force of it. All of Mina's pain and resentment was in that blast. Looking over she watched his body stop breathing. Slowly she crawled over to him crying over it and grabbed his hand...She wasn't going to make it either...

at least she could die beside the one she loved...

************************

The echoes of the blasts came up from behind the scouts who where trying to escape.
"She's gone...isn't she?" Hotaru sobbed within gasps of breath as they ran but nobody said a word. That's when Lita stopped making everyone crash in her back.
"What..what is it?" Serena said getting up out of the pile of people.
"It's Nephlite..." She whispered. "We're at his entrance. Go guys."
"But we can't leave you too!" Hotaru said clinging on Lita's arm. "You'll die too!" Raye looked at Lita in pain but grabbed Hotaru.
"Come on sister. This is what they have to do. I'm sure Mina is fine and Lita will be right back with us...right?"
"You know it!" Lita said putting her thumb up as they pushed Hotaru along and rushed off though the tunnels.
"You and I aren't leaving the tunnels now...are we?" Nephlite said coming into the light like Kunzite had. Lita looked at him turning to him.
"Lets just get this over with." She said angrily. Both of them rushed at each other that no other human would be able to see. All through their hand to hand combat Lita couldn't stop thinking about how he was the only man she had ever loved. Kick. Block. Counter with a blow which he blocked. Everything was a blur until Nephlite did something that he would not never had done except he was brainwashed. Out of nowhere came his sword and perched her right through the stomach. Blood burst out of the back wound as he clenched his teeth he shoved the sword in deeper laughing at the pain held in Lita's eyes as she gazed up at him. She fell to her knees slowly trying to pull the sword out of her stomach as Nephlite just stood there and laughed at her. It didn't take much to get the sword out but Lita was getting dizzy from loosing all the blood she had. Using it for leverage she stood up to face him.
"Ahh Sailor Jupitor...you've got a problem," Nephlite said chuckling. "I can see your stomach in that outfit. He burst out laughing but not for long. Lita bit her lip and swung the sword, slicing his head completely off. It feel a few feet away as his body fell over. She dropped the sword and collapsed as well. Lita was the second to die...

*********************

In the main party it was now Serena, Amy, Hotaru, and Raye left running to the end of the tunnel. It wasn't very far but to Amy's memory neither was the entrance to Zoicite's room. She knew that it was her turn next when they where coming up.
"Keep going guys.." Amy said stopping. "Zoicite is waiting for me."
"What do you mean?" Serena said stopping and looking at the scout of Mercury.
"Isn't it obvious? When we pass the entrance to each of our ex boyfriends room their waiting there for us? Lita and Mina both had one...so I won't be no different. Just keep going guys. I have to protect you." Hotaru ran out clutching Amy's waist as she sobbed into her fuku.
"It's not fair! Why does this have to happen?!" She said. Raye sighed looking up at Amy who too was going to die in a little while. She didn't want it but they had no choice. Lita and Mina died so they could move on and Raye didn't want Hotaru to end up dyeing because of all this. Raye walked out giving a hug to Amy and pulling Hotaru off of her as Serena grabbed her hand dragging them down the rest of the hall past Zoicite's entrance. He came walking out a few seconds later.
"Only the smart and brainy Sailor Mercury would put that together, wouldn't you say?" He sneered. Amy just pulled out the Berbasoa and got ready to attack.
"MERCURY TSUNAMI!" She yelled sending a wave of water at Zoicite who few into the wall. She didn't stop the attack. The little scout of Mercury was angry. The one guy that had accepted her braininess and even understood what she was saying had turned against her. Letting out a scream as she took all her strength and sent it into the wand. That would kill her but he would die too.

The wand drooped out of her hand. She looked at the man who was just skeletal remains now she looked down at her hands which too where just bones. Amy's eyes rolled to the back of her head as she fell back dead.

************************************

Serena looked down the hall to the last entrance: Jeadite's entrance. Looking back she just couldn't leave the girls to defend themselves but if she didn't attack him then he could attack her from behind which would hit them.
"Serena..." Raye said her voice all worried. Serena closed her eyes for a second..hoping for a miracle. Was this Beryl's plan all along? To kill everyone till the girls where left to defend themselves? That's when she saw it...a capped figure running toward them.

It was her cousin Darien...
She let go of the breath she was holding.
"Darien, take them and go!" Serena yelled stopping as Raye and Hotaru ran by her. Hotaru looked back waving at Serena who just did a peace sign at her as she rushed toward Jeadite's entrance.
He was leaning on the wall with the sword he usually carried out beside him. Serena came running up beside him with her crescent moon wand out. "Defend yourself!"
"I don't feel like it," Jeadite said looking at her like he was pissed. This threw Serena off as she stood there.
"Hey...arn't we suppose to fight or something?!" She exclaimed pounding her feet on the hard ground. Jeadite picked up the sword and touched the blade with his thumb causing him to bleed.
"You do know that Beryl brainwashed us all. We didn't have a choice in coming with her or not. She also blackmailed the others. I was the only one that stood up to her and she forcibly brainwashed me as well.."
"What?!" Serena said so shocked she dropped her wand. "If you know this then why are we fighting?!"
"We're not," Jeadite said. "But she made me hate you though I know I don't, my brainwashing was suppose to be longer to really get rid of my love for you but she couldn't wait any longer. So here I stand in torment..." Serena watched him as he took the knife and slit his wrists.
"What the heck are you doing?!" She screamed. Jeadite looked up at her chuckling quietly. "If you know all that then why are you doing this?"
"Because if we come out of here alive...Beryl will kill us both. And I'd rather die this way then her way.." Serena watched as he slid down to the ground and sat there waiting for death to come. She bit her lip and made up her mind taking the sword up and sliced though her wrists, the blood instantly staining her white gloves. She sat down taking his hand into hers.
"We'll die together like the others...ok?" She said kissing him lightly.
"Ok,"

***********************************

Ra ye felt the last of her friends spirit's slip away as she looked at the back of Darien. Around them was a crumbling palace and court yard scattered with bodies of the enemies and guards of the palace.
"This is what we've become..." She muttered tears coming to her eyes. That's when the turned and saw Raydance standing there with a cup in her hands. "MOM!" She shouted rushing up to her.
"Here, drink this..." Raydance said handing her a cup.
"Mom, we have no time," Raye said grabbing her mothers hand. "Beryl will be here at any second."
"Drink it and I will go with you," Raydance responded. Raye looking back at Hotaru and Darien who where waiting just sighed taking the cup and gulping it down then dropping it grabbing her mothers hand and trying to run...but her mother wouldn't move.
Instead her mother...or the woman whom she thought was her mother began to laugh maniacally. Turning Raye looked at her.
"What's going on?" She asked puzzled at her mothers reaction. That's when the transformation faded and there stood Queen Beryl.
"You fool!" She began to laugh. "Now no matter what happens I have you!"
"What?!" Darien said. That's when Destanance appeared beside her.
"It's a curse my dear niece. A curse that will follow you to your grave." Raye looked at Destanance. "Now dear let us finish what I started a while ago." Destanance dove at her but that's when a voice stopped them.
"Don't," Everyone turned their heads to it. The real Raydance stood there with her royal staff on hand.
"It's to late sister!" Destanance laughed clapping as Beryl smiled evilly looking at the group. "Raye is cursed and Hotaru is going to die with Raye."
"I won't let you," Raydance said. Turning she tossed a small necklace which Raye caught.
"What is this?" Raye asked looking at her mom.
"I knew Destanance's plot even before all this happened." She said looking at her daughters. "Drink that it will cure you my daughter." Raye nodded breaking off the top of the small potion on the necklace and quickly began to drink it.

But Beryl wasn't waiting around for her to finish it. With some force she went flying at Raye, stabbing her in the stomach with her twisted nails.
"RAYE!" Everyone screamed. Beryl pulled her hand out and licked one of the finger nails.
"That takes care of that," Beryl said. Raydance was trying to run across the ball room as quickly as she could but being sick for so long caused her to loose a lot of the energy she would normally have. Darien tried to protect Hotaru the best he could but he was traumatized seeing Raye there, her hand over her own stomach, covered in blood, still alive. That is when Luna, Artemis, Demos, and Hades came around the corner.
"O my goodness!" Luna exclaimed seeing the princess lying on the floor in a pool of her own blood and the other one at the hands of Beryl while the queen was trying to get there. She turned her head to the other there who nodded and they all jumped on Beryl trying to save Hotaru. Darien leapt up also trying to get Hotaru free from the wicked queens grasp but he flew back beside Raye.
"...Darien..." She sputtered out as Hotaru was dropped obviously dead. Tears filled the eyes of the older sister as she looked at her younger one staring blankly back at her. "...she's gone...isn't she...?"
"Save your strength Raye...please..." Darien said putting his hand over hers on the stomach trying to stop the blood.
"...I can't...please...please bring her to me Darien..." She said. He nodded as he crawled over there and pulled Hotaru next to Raye who gathered her littler sister in her arms. Tears really began to fall as she with her bloody hand closed her sisters eyes so they wouldn't stare out into nothing.
"..Raye..." Darien said grabbing her good arm. "..I love you Raye...I always will please remember that." He said looking down at her who looked back up at him.
"...Darien..."
"This morning while you where getting ready I asked your father if I could marry you...I love you that much Raye..." Turning he pulled out a ring from his pocket and slid it on her clean hand. "..Please be my wife for this short time we have together..." Raye began to cry much worse as she took his hand and kissed it.
"I already was Darien...I love you to..." Darien began to cry as he bent down kissed her feeling the last breath come out of the woman he loved.
God why did everything have to end this way he thought slamming his hand down and turning and looking at Raydance who stood there watching it all with tears in her eyes. Beryl threw off the last cat from her and turned to Darien.
"Well the.." She said. "Your princess is gone, the kingdom destroyed. How about now? Will you be mine?" She sneered. Darien picked up his sword which he had laid beside him to talk to Darien.
"Never in a million years will I love you...you filthy witch!" He hissed impaling himself with the blade of the sword and falling to his knees laughing. "I will ALWAYS love Raye you fool...and I hope you die an old hag..." With that he fell over dead as well. Beryl screamed out in anger. The one thing she truly wanted from this war besides power had been taken away from her.
"Calm yourself my queen," Destanance said coming up from behind her. "We still have the matter of my sister to deal with." Beryl looked at Raydance who stood there with tears in her eyes as she began to walk over to her fallen daughters and the prince that loved them so. Bending down she picked up the half drunken potion. Closing her eyes she read the future quickly and smiled quietly to herself. Though the potion wasn't entirely digested it would eventually do the trick.
"So do you like how your kingdom became?" Beryl said to the woman. "Your husband dead on the balcony of your daughters room, your daughters here for you to see, and the only things alive besides you in this palace are those filthy flee ridden cats of yours. What do you have to say now?" Raydance stood up fully again and looked at all the cats. She knew what had to be done. Moving her staff out to the front she slammed it on the floor as it echoed throughout the broken palace. The crystal on the end of it began to glow slowly.
"All I have to say is that I wish I could see my daughters grow up." She said closing her eyes as the light began to overtake everything.
"Wh...what...what is going on?!" Beryl said angrily turning to Destanance.
"She's activated the crystal," Destanance said.
"And why would she do a thing like that, there's nothing to save now!!" Beryl hissed trying to cover her eyes so she could see Destanance better.
"She's going to save the future..." A voice said but it wasn't the Destanance Beryl knew...who was it?
"NOOOOOO!" Beryl screamed realizing her plan was over.
Mars seemed to become a sparkling fountain of colored orbs that began floating off into space. Each person dead upon the ground was incased in such a colored orb that reflected the color of their soul. Beryl's goons orbs where black as night while the servants of the palace and the people who lived outside in the wrecked and crumbling town where clear. The first one Raydance saw was of Mina and Kunzite's bubble both in the same one shinning a gold for all to see. The next that appeared was Lita and Nephlite in the same bubble this time green. After that it was a watery blue for Amy and Zoicite wrapped up in each others arms. After that Serena and Jeadite came up in the pink bubble. Setsuna wasn't around though...she would be the only scout to make it alive, Raydance knew this. There always had to be a guardian of time. Amara and Michelle shared a bubble though it was a deep bluish green for them. Each of the couples wore the outfits of their ultimate form, one that wouldn't have been seen for years to come but with the power of the crystal came that sorta power.
"What did you do?" Luna said coming up slowly. It was quit obvious that they where all hurt.
"I had to," Raydance said looking down at them seeing Raye and Darien raise up into their own bubble of red and green. Hotaru wasn't far behind in a purple bubble by herself. Then there was Destanance and Beryl who where in separate bubbles, Beryl's a black while Destanance held a faint red to it. "They needed a future."
"But that spell will kill you my queen!" Demos said stepping up to her.
"Well then its the life of the King and I or our daughters and the whole universe...what would you choose?" She looked down at them all. Luna began to nod though tears where forming in her eyes.
"I'll miss you!" Luna shouted as Artemis came up in tears as well but tried to console Luna while Hades stood beside Demos.
"What is our job?" He asked finally.
"I had to send everyone to the future, that included Beryl but she'll be weak and all their memories will be erased. Nobody will know of their past here on Mars or on any of the planets, I want them to grow up on Earth like regular children, to have a normal life. Your job comes in if Beryl ever gains her power back and decides to attack again." Everyone nodded. "Find them and awaken their powers. I'm splitting up the crystal so Beryl won't be able to get it so easily on Earth as well." She closed her eyes. "Farewell my friends..." She said opening them and dropping the staff which incased the four cats in strange looking capsules and they began to float off. The crystal on the top of the staff broke off breaking into seven parts, each a different color and they sped away like shooting stars. Raydance with one last ounce of strength waved good-bye to her children, her family, everyone she cared about. With that the life within her was taken from her and Raydance died.

************************************************************ ******

This one was still one of the longer ones, though I don't think as long as the one before it. I'm not sure and right now I don't feel like looking it up to check. I'm being lazy right now. Heh. Please review before you go and as always thanks for taking the time to read one of my stories.