Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Mars Saga ❯ Romantic Flirtations ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Version 1.5
Now with Spellcheck

The Mars Saga
by Candy aka solarsun
Chapter 18: Romantic Flirtations

Serena stood beside the bed that Darien now laid in which was at Cherry Hill. Looking back through the doors she saw Raye sweeping the sidewalk outside of the door. Biting her lip Serena turned her head back and gazed down at him once again. Every since he kissed Raye Darien has been out. With the phone number for Darien's work memorized before all this happened she had called them informing how sick he really was. They sounded concerned and agreed Darien needed his rest without interruption. Kneeling down she gazed upon his sleeping face. Of course she was worried, who wouldn't be? Darien was apart of the team and with him sick for no odd reason like he was it made everyone jumpy. The last three battles with the monsters sent from the Negaverse had not been happy ones. Mina was now limping from the last battle because of a direct hit trying to protect Serena and Raye who had fallen from being thrown off of the creature trying to get Lita out of its claws. If Darien had been there none of that would have happened.
"Come on Darien," Her quiet voice whispered grabbing a hand. "You've made it through worse things then this. What's wrong with you?" Letting her hands fall to her lap she looked down. What was it going to take to get Darien awake again?

(Dream)
"...My Prince..." Her voice chimed. He stood in the middle of a massive black void looking about. It had been like this since this dream had started. Nothing flickered in the darkness, nor there where any movements as well. Darien was afraid to move anywhere then where he appeared in fear of not finding his way back but the girls voice always seemed to beacon him into the darkness. A number of times he had tried pleading with the voice but then again he would always have a response given to him in the form of a laugh; a light hearted laugh. This began to annoy him.
"Why have you trapped me in here?!" Darien screamed out into the darkness. This time it was greeted by silence. A frown came upon his lips as his brow bent down into a scowl. His hand beside him clenched into a fist as he glared out upon the moving darkness. What was all this about exactly?!
"Don't you understand..." A small voice from the darkness came. "...this void as you so think it is actually your past, the memories you have forgotten. If you would have only moved from your spot and took a chance prince then maybe it would have all come sooner to you. How can you claim the thrown of Earth if your not willing to take a chance once and a while." With the last word a small part of the blackness began to separate revealing a figure of a glowing woman standing there. The woman wasn't like the one who also haunted his dreams before. This one felt older, and weathered compared to the youthful feeling of the girl before. They where not the same.
"Who are you?" He asked eyeing her curiously. The woman's left hand came up to her mouth as she covered it laughing quietly. Black hair danced about the woman as she stood there, her skin fair and her eyes a deeper violet then the other girl.
"Why do you ask such a question?" The woman said turning her head slightly looking at him funny, like it was a joke to even ask her such a question.
"Because I don't know you," Darien said crossing his arms over his chest and glaring at her. She just let another laugh. "I don't see how this can be funny..."
"It isn't," She responded.
"Then why are you laughing?" Darien asked now frustrated.
"Because I feel like it," The woman responded.
"Then who are you?" Darien said glaring at the woman once again.
"A friend." She responded. "And you need to get your butt in gear if your going to protect the princesses and save the day." Her hand came out and pushed Darien lightly as she stood there. "You may have a lot of things going for you but in an instant you could have nothing so don't rely on such things." Her hand dropped to her side as she turned, the red dress she wore trailing softly behind her leaving Darien baffled as to who or what was going on but he couldn't even get a word out as he reached for her as if to get some answer to everything going on around him. Why he had been stuck in this void for so long with only laughs to accompany him through it all, afraid to even move in fear of what was truly out there. That's when he felt the heaviness of it all lifting off of him only to feel himself lighten off the ground so much that he realized what was going on..

He was waking up...

A hand was touching his hand lightly as his eyes opened up. Everything was fuzzy at first but he turned his head to the fuzzy blob holding his hand. Blinking a few times he heard a rush of excitement throughout the room but he wasn't paying attention. His eyes stayed on the figure...something about it seemed to familiar. His eyes adjusted slowly as her violet eyes came through, then the Raven hair framing her pale delicate face.
"...Raye.." He coughed out his voice more of a croak then speaking. Darien figured out who it was by the red kimno she was wearing and the broom leaning on the wall beside the bed. "...Why...why am I hear?.." Trying to sit up Raye stood up pushing him down.
"..No you stay there," She commanded looking back. Darien's eyes lead him to the door where Serena, Mina, and Lita standing there. Lita held a bowl of something, Mina some get well flowers, and Serena held a stuffed animal. "..I found you Darien at my steps three days ago."
"...T..Three days?!" Darien said alarmed looking up at Raye who nodded.
"I was about to call the doctor," She said tucking him into his bed. "Now you Darien must rest till you feel better, do you hear?" Nodding the others came up next to the bed.
"I brought you chicken noodle soup!" Lita said. "To help you get better."
"And I brought flowers!" Mina said walking over to the night stand and placing them in a vase there. Serena smiled holding out a bear.
"Something to keep you company," She said with a smile. Darien nodded letting a small weak smile upon his face.
"Thanks guys," He said sighing. His body seemed to be crying out for sleep even when he was asleep for 3 days already. Looking up his eyes connected to Raye's a second before he turned and curled up falling back asleep within a few minutes. Raye rubbed the hair out of her eyes as she ushered everyone out of the room and closed the door slowly and quietly looking at everyone who looked happy and hopeful. The past 3 days had been torture on everyone in the group.
"I'm so happy!" Serena said dancing around them all making everyone laugh nodding.
"That's not going to help him get better," Raye said eyeing the scout of the Moon. Serena stopped in her tracks laughing nervously and shaking her head. Raye just ignored them walking out to her room. The scout of Mars also had a lot on her mind.

Like that kiss. Her lips still tingled from him kissing her. Ever since three days ago she couldn't get it out of her head. It was like the rose that laid on her dresser that he had given to her a while ago. Everything had been happening so strangely she had almost forgotten about it all. Though it came crashing down on her when Darien was found on her steps. Instantly after seeing his face she had grown worried and frantic which is not what Raye was known for.
"Raye," A calm voice called from the door. Turning Raye saw Hotaru standing there in her disguise.
"Yeah?" Raye said.
"The police are here," Hotaru said.
"What?" Raye said turning around.
"They want to ask you more questions about Hotaru's disappearance," Hotaru said playing in as Chelsy.
"How many times do I have to be asked those questions..." Raye hissed quietly standing up her anger flaring up. Walking out the detective that was overseeing the case stood there with had under arm. Raye bowed slightly as she lead him to a private room.

Serena sighed looking over at Lita who just shrugged. Looking back she went to the kitchen and began to cook up a meal for them all. Mina went in to help while Hotaru went outside and began to rake up the fallen leaves that laid all over the yard. Picking them up and putting it all in a bag. Turning her head after a while she saw Raye bowing to the detective who bowed back and was heading out of the temple grounds glancing at her from time to time as she finished raking the yard. Ignoring him she finished what she set out to do and walked to the street, setting the bag next to the garbage can and heading back in the doors.
"They annoy me!" Raye mutters. "Plus they give the temple a bad rap, just this past week we haven't been getting the donations we normally get around this time of year all because of them bugging us about Hotaru's disappearance." Frowning she went to the bird sanctuary and shut the door sighing quietly looking down. How the heck where they to defeat two evils with the police breathing down their backs? Everything was just becoming more and more difficult for them.
"You know we're all friends in here, right?" Lita said peaking her head out of the door. Raye turned and then sighed once again letting her head fall.
"I know that..." She muttered. "It's just all the stress, that's all." Raye replied. Serena popped her head out the door as well.
"Can I have that Cheese Cake in the refrigerator?" She cheerfully asked which only made Raye fall over and Mina and Hotaru giggle inside the house. Sitting up Raye glared up but gave up and rubbed the sided of her face as waved Serena to go get the cake.
"But I'm making something!!" Lita shouted behind her as Serena rushed to the refrigerator to get the cake before Lita caught up with her and stood in her way. Mina now had her head buried in one of Raye's manga as Raye walked in.

It wasn't till the next morning after everyone had left for home that Darien had awoken again. Walking out he saw first of Hotaru sitting in front of a table going through envelopes and writing letters. Darien figured it was thank you letters and such. Looking around he was looking for the raven haired miko who wandered through out the temple doing things.
"She's in the back yard," Hotaru said not moving from her letters. Darien looked at the small girl who sat there looking at a letter then writing something on another piece of paper. Darien nodded walking out the door seeing Raye in the middle of the back yard throwing bird seed to the birds who where eating it as fast as she could throw it. Whipping her hands she turned to see Darien standing there with a gentle smile upon his face.
"You should be in bed." Raye said frowning glaring at the man. "You've slept 4 days, you need to rest."
"Do you really think with four days of sleep I need to sleep more?" Darien said chuckling rubbing the back of his neck. Why was it he was becoming so nervous all of a sudden standing in front of the miko. Maybe it was the fact that the woman in his dream reminded him so much of her. That still didn't make sense to him but right now he didn't want to think about that.
"Well I guess not," Raye said walking past him to the small shed as she put the bucket of bird feed away and turned around, her hands at her hips. "But you still shouldn't be up and moving till we know your fully well or we know what you have exactly. Someone just doesn't go around fall unconscious at random temples in Tokyo." Darien sweat dropped giggling nervously at the miko once again.
"I'm not a kid." He responded his giggling face becoming serious.
"I know that," Raye said going past him to the bird bath and taking a hose and draining the water inside it.
"Then don't treat me like one."
"I'm not." Raye then picked up the bucket beside it and pored the fresh water in the bird bath.
"Yes you are," Darien accused. Turning Raye looked up at him.
"Well I'm not the one who passed out on my front step, now am I?" Raye scolded frowning at Darien.
"Hey like I could help that!" Darien yelled.
"Well you need to be scolded! I'm not the one who's not taking care of myself!" She yelled locking eyes with him.
"I got sick because of you!" Darien yelled back.
"Whaaaaaa?!" She stumbled a few feet away looking at him confused. Darien was even confused at what he had just said. It wasn't Raye that made him slept deprived, it was that blasted shadow girl that was. "I see..." Turning Raye quickly pushed passed Darien.

Why...why did she want to cry? Raye fought the tears trying to get the door. Right now she wanted to get away from Darien. That's when his arm pulled her to face him.
"I didn't mean it Raye!" Darien said looking in her eyes. Raye pushed his arm off not looking him in his eyes.
"I see how it is," Raye said walking past him. "You've always thought of me as a pest, is that it Darien?" Turning she glared at him.
"No, Not at all Raye..." Darien said.
"And what I did for you for the past four days is nothing to you."
"Wait Raye," Darien said grabbing her shoulder again.
"Let go of me Darien," Raye said calmly though her voice was harsh.
"No." Darien said his voice serious once again. "..I didn't mean what I said before Raye, I was confused probably because of just getting well." Why did it hurt just thinking of Raye leave the yard angry at him? Darien didn't understand this.
"Well then you should be in bed or sitting inside," Raye said turning her head to look at his hand. "Now please let go of me, I've got to do a few things before noon hits." Darien let go of a breath he had been holding and dropped his hand letting Raye go inside. Turning he gazed at the yard behind the temple really confused with himself. Sure he knew he liked Raye but these feelings where so strong. It surprised him how strongly he felt about making Raye not angry with him. Rubbing his head he headed in the door taking the advice of the miko and went to sit down on the couch in the living room and watch some tv. He really needed to find out what was going on in the world and try to calm himself down from the fight he had just had.

*********************************************

Jed sat at a cafe by himself. Zach had left to hang out with Amy once again. Jed found himself thinking about how good it was that Zach was hanging with the human girl. He could use that to get Zoicite to quit Beryl and join the Scouts like he should but with Zach gone Jed had nothing to do. Picking up his coffee he took a sip of it and setting it back down glancing about all the human couples in love walking by him.
Looking down something began to bug him. Maybe it was the fact that he was alone in this stand against Beryl and if he was found out he would be dead as well. Death didn't bother Jed as much as the fact of him being alone in death. Why couldn't Zoicite figure out his true self and join him in the battle.
"..Hum..Hi? It's Jed right?" A familiar voice said. Jed looked up from his lap, his serious expression lighting seeing the blonde pig tailed girl standing there in a sweater and jeans. A smirk came upon his features as he leaned back crossing his arms over his chest.
"What do you want baka brain?" He said a small chuckling in his words. Serena flushed right away with anger as her foot slammed down against the cement glaring at him.
"I have you know I'm quit a genius in my school!" She shouted throwing her hands up in the air.
"I've overheard the conversations Amy has had with Zach, that's one big lie you have there," Jed said a wider smile coming out on his features. Serena forcibly sat down in the chair across from him eyeing him.
"Your the baka brain and an esdropper," Serena responded sticking her tongue out at him and blowing a raspberry at him.
"So, at least I have something to do besides bother my friends," Jed said examining his fingernails.
"Your awful!" Serena said leaning back her tone lighting up a bit.
"So are you," Jed replied leaning on the table. "So why aren't you at that temple place with your friends?"
"Well Amy is off with Zach and Mina is at her house. Lita is at a cooking seminar today and all." Serena said looking at Jed.
"That still doesn't explain why your not with your friends who live at the temple," Jed pointed out. Serena broke out in a fierce blush glaring at him sitting up straight.
"Have you ever had the feeling that something else is going on unspoken and all," She muttered looking away from him sighing.
"I'm not getting what your trying to ..." Jed said only to be cut off by Serena.
"Darien is staying at the temple for a while," Serena muttered quietly looking away. Why was she feeling so bad about this? It was like when she thought he was cheating on her.
"Ahhh," Jed said leaning back. "So this Darien guy likes your friend at the temple but you seem to like him as well."
"NO!" Serena said standing up leaning toward him. "It's...it's not like that..." At the end of that it was barely a whisper. That's when her head hung low causing her blonde pig tails to fall into his coffee which made Jed glare and pull them out and push the coffee away. Serena didn't understand why she was getting so depressed about this. When Raye touched Darien's hand yesterday and he automatically woke up Serena saw it for what it was finally. Scolding herself she was trying to convince herself that she didn't care about Darien that way anymore.

But Jeadite hadn't been around in a while...
How could she hang onto something like that making herself believe that he does like her even if he is a bad guy for the Negaverse. Everyday the hope of that seemed to dwindle.
"Hey cheer up!" Jed said pushing her head up to look at him. "Any guy who doesn't see how nice you are from the beginning doesn't deserve you." Her right hand came up to her mouth as she looked at him in shock. Had Jed just said something non insulting to her?
"It's not that simple though," Serena sighed letting her hand drop as she looked away from him. Nothing was ever simple in this time line. Old feelings confused what was suppose to happen.
"Yeah it is," Jed said standing up and putting two dollars down on the table. "Hey since you've got nothing to do, do you want to join me in doing something?"
"What do you mean?" Serena said looking at him like he was a pervert. Maybe the nice streak was only to lower down her walls so he could do something bad.
"I'm not meaning that Baka Brain," Jed said frowning and pressing his lips together. "I mean like go see a movie or something. Going to a movie alone sucks. I mean your better company then myself and all." Serena stared at him not knowing what to think exactly. Her eyes scanned his features finding them vaguely familiar... Finally she sighed. It was better then feeling crappie over all this and she nodded.
"Sure I guess as long its not some thrasher movie," She responded.
"Good," Jed said as they headed toward the movie theater.

*************************************************

Demos walked down the alleyway, her mark glowing lightly as she was searching for someone...

Something..

Ever since that dream she didn't know what to believe. She was sure that there was another cat. But she didn't understand why they hadn't found the cat. Luna and Artemis where found quiet easily but the last cat was missing still. Turning a corner she saw a few shadows disappear into the larger shadows that the alley walls cast upon the ground.
"Hello?" She said her red eyes jumping around seeing cat eyes hidden in the shadows glaring at her as if she was a trespasser. Demos was sure that she had felt something when passing by the alley entrance heading to Mina's house. Turning another corner she had moved from the building she had entered from into another alley. This one only had one set of cat eyes glaring at her. "Are you here?" Frowning she sighed hanging her head after a while and giving up on the search. Turning she was about to head when a voice answered her.
"What do you want and how did you know I could talk..?" Demos turned around slowly seeing a cat creep from the shadows, violet in color.

And on his forehead the sign of Saturn.

********************************************************
Another one of my more favorite chapters. I like how Serena and Jeadite decided to go to a movie. I want their relationship to grow as well and *finally* the last cat has showed up. Please review before you go and as always thanks for taking the time to read one of my stories.