Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Mars Saga ❯ A Set Up ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Version 1.5
Now with Spellcheck

The Mars Saga
by Candy aka solarsun
Chapter 19: A Set Up

Demos blinked at the violet color, scares in his fur, she could tell by the uneven coat he held. The sign was hardly visible by the dirt caked upon his face from digging in trash. He smelt of garbage and filth.
"...You're him..." She said shocked taking a step closer only to have the cat step back the same distance. "...Hey...I'm a friend.."
"I hardly think so..." The cat said quit harsh. "...I don't have any friends so how would you be one of none?" A frown face replaced the one of shock upon Demos.
"Come on..." She said. "Talking cats are rare for one. I know of only two others."
"..There are two more..." He asked turning his head and glancing at her.
"Yeah..Luna and Artemis. We're guardians to the scouts. That's why we can talk." She said. "That means you are too."
"Non sense." The cat huffed turning to walk away. "Then why didn't you guys search for me sooner?"
"Hey...stop this." Demos hissed. "There is a lot of confusion throughout the scouts now. It seems they awoke in a totally different timeline before, one where you and I where never spoke or even seen of. They wouldn't know about us because to us we where nothing." Demos sighed. "Just recently I had a vision of you. That's why I've been looking for you." Looking up she saw the violet cat looking at her, as if to read her. Turning back he sighed.
"Can you prove this?" He asked. Demos nodded happily.
"Yeah. Just follow me. I'll take you to the one I'm guardian to." She said turning to head outside of the alley. The violet cat nodded and came up beside her.
"Well then lets go." He said. "O yeah my name is Hades."
"I figured that." Demos chuckled. "Mine is Demos."

************************************************

Serena laughed coming out of the theater besides Jed. He held a sweat drop upon his brow as his eyes rolled.
"Come on, it was not THAT funny." He mumbled taking a sip of the pop he held. Serena shook her head wiping a few tears away and looking up at him.
"Come on. That was too. Who could think of a plot like that. Seriously." She said popping a piece of popcorn in her mouth and putting a big old grin upon her face.
"Maybe I should have gone alone." Jed smirked looking down at her. "At times I thought you where worse then the thought of me being alone. How the heck do your friends put up with your ways." Serena's joyful face turned angry as her cheeks flushed and her eyes went wide as she smacked his side turning and sticking up her nose.
"And I understand why you don't have a girlfriend yet." She said walking ahead of him. Jed frowned rubbing the side of his arm and glaring at her back side.
"Hey! I've had plenty of girlfriends." He yelled at her. Serena turned her head and blew a raspberry at him. This just made Jed pissed off and he rushed up to her. "And I see why you don't have a boyfriend. Who would want to date some childish, weird haired, stupid blonde woman!"
"Well you just did." She said with a light chuckle and smirk. That comment made Jed turn bright red by embarrassment and anger.
"I only went in there with you because you looked like you where about to cry and I hate seeing woman cry!" Jed shouted. Serena just burst into laughter and hunched over. This confused Jed even more as he blinked at the blonde. "..What?"
"...N...Nothing..." She stuttered out still laughing. Frowning his cell phone began to ring in his pocket. Turning from the laughing blonde he took it out and answered it.
"Beryl is calling." A voice from the other end said. It was Zoicite.
"Ok." He said closing the phone and turned to see Serena standing there looking puzzled at him. "..Sorry, the boss needs me now."
"What a strange boss." Serena said. "I only thought Doctors where on call at all hours."
"I am one you Baka Brain." Jed said.
"Then why are you in Amy's Computer class? You must be really slow with computers if you need to take that with being a doctor and all." Serena smirked rolling her fingers on the side of her arm as her arms where crossed across her chest.
"So. This is a refresher course for me." Jed said putting his cell phone back in his pocket and glaring at the blonde once again. "The Nurse or the Secretary puts in most of my data in the computers when it needs to be. I rarely touch a computer unless its equipment wise." Frowning he was taking to long with this conversation. Beryl would be pissed. "Anyway I got to go. I'll see you around then." Waving he took off running not even allowing Serena to respond to the good-bye. Turning a corner he glanced around and just disappeared in a furry of black petals.

Serena blinked at what had just happened. He must have been in quite a hurry to leave without a good-bye. Sighing she rubbed the side of her face. He didn't look old enough to be a doctor already but then again she was never good with guessing age. A smile came across her face lightly as she thought about the movie again. It was nice to go and see a movie with someone new. It sure did keep the thoughts of Darien and the feelings that came with it at bay for the time. Even the baka brained blonde was in her mind still. Blushing profusely she realized something.
"..I can't possibly like that man..." She muttered as her hands came to her cheeks as she began to freak. "...He's such an idiot..." Sighing she decided not to think about it anymore and head home. She was sure her mother and father would be freaking about her just disappearing for so long without a call. Looking at her watch she confirmed it and rushed home.

**********************************************

Raye was sitting in the living room with a piece of paper, working on homework quietly at the table. Hotaru was beside her working on her stuff. Darien was in the bath house taking a bath now and the temple was so quiet. Touching her lips her mind wondered back to the kiss that he had given her in his feverish haze that one day for the fourth time that day. Maybe she should just tell him now about it but then again it was just a fever thing so it probably didn't matter. Looking over Hotaru greeted her with a smile as she looked up from her work sheet. Raye bent over and read what was the assignment and a sweat drop came upon her brow.
"You CAN'T be serious." Raye muttered sitting upright again and dropping her pencil. "That assignment took me all week to finish."
"Yeah. That's what you get when your fathers a scientist." Hotaru said laughing lightly. "A lot of this stuff comes naturally to me."
"Can you do my homework?" Raye said holding up her math stuff. "I do need to clean the fire room again." Hotaru just chuckled sticking out her tongue.
"Your really strange. You want to skip homework to do chores...I mean seriously." Hotaru said.
"So?" Raye said looking up and seeing Darien with a towel around his neck and him fully dressed. He smiled lightly heading into the kitchen to get something to eat. Raye looked back down and began to write on her homework quickly. Hotaru just chuckled again.
"You know he's probably going to leave tomorrow." Hotaru said. "He needs to get back to his apartment and work since you helped him get better and all." She had seen how Rei was acting around the man. Hotaru was trying to get the stubborn black haired woman to realize her feelings and tell the man, or at least get them out on a date of some sort. An idea came to her just then as Hotaru smirked watching Raye walk in the other room quietly to check on how Darien was doing. The scout of Saturn quickly rose up and looked in the mirror, making sure her transformation was still holding and headed out the door. Homework could wait for a few minutes.

Raye walked in to see Darien making a sandwich on the counter.
"I see you've got your appetite back." Raye said smiling lightly. Darien turned his head to see her standing in the doorway, leaning on the side of it with a faint smile upon her face. He felt his heart skip a beat from the scene.
"...uh...yeah..." He muttered looking down at his sandwich. He couldn't possibly think straight anymore, could he with her around? Putting the knife in the sink and the food away he picked up the sandwich and quickly took a bit out of it. "..Its good..." A chuckle came from the miko as she nodded.
"I bet." Raye said turning and grabbing a wash clothe to wipe down the table where Darien had made his sandwich. Looking up she gazed at the light blue eyes of Darien who had been watching her. A faint blush came upon her as she looked up trying to figure out what was exactly going on.
"Guys!" Hotaru said coming into the door breaking them both of their stare down. She came up giggling up to the counter. "I got this great idea and all. How about we all go see a movie tonight as a sorta party for Darien getting well and all."
"...I don't know..." Raye said eyeing the girl. Something didn't feel right about this.
"Come on Raye," Hotaru said coming up to the counter pleading. Her gaze switched to Darien who just swallowed a bit of sandwich. "...You can't be going with this Darien.."
"Well...it would be nice," Darien said smiling. "I mean I haven't seen a movie in a while and such. I'm sure with everything going on that you Raye haven't gotten to either." Raye turned glaring at him.
"Your not helping with this..." She muttered crossing her arms across her chest.
"So?" Darien smiled finishing his sandwich. "That sounds like a good idea."
"Good!" Hotaru said. "I already bought the tickets...AND I won't be able to make it. I have homework for tomorrow." A frown appeared on Raye's face as Darien turned bright red.
"I have homework too." Raye protested.
"But your math class isn't till Friday Raye, so it isn't due tomorrow." She said giggling.
"Neither is yours." She stated.
"So? I decide that it needs to be done first." She said skipping off not letting Raye say another word in defense. Raye closed her mouth looking down at the counter where Hotaru had left the tickets in front of them.
"I think she's trying to get us together..." Raye muttered picking up the tickets.
"What are they for anyway?" He asked picking up another.
"50 first Dates..." Raye sighed. "A romantic american comedy..." Darien blushed lightly as he nodded. "...We don't have to go."
"Why waist them.." Darien said shrugging his shoulders. "It sounds interesting and all."
"Ok.." Raye said as another blush came to her face. "The showing is in a half an hour."
"Well then lets get going." Darien said picking up the glass of milk and drinking it. Raye nodded heading to her room to change.

Hotaru just sat in the living room smiling from ear to ear. At least they where going on their first date now. She could see the chemistry between those two people.

********************************************************** **

Mahahahaha their first date is about to happen. Don't you just love it how I moved it to the next chapter? Please review before you go and as always thanks for taking the time to read one of my stories.