Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Mars Saga ❯ Black Rose ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Version 1.5
Now with Spellcheck

The Mars Saga
by Candy aka solarsun
Chapter 20: Black Rose

Jeadite appeared in front of Beryl bowing at the woman who held a frown on her face as she glanced down at the general. Zoicite was standing at his side already. He knew he head waited to long when he had been summoned by Beryl, most likely to check on them and see how much progress they had achieved since the last time she had spoken with them.
"Your late.." Her cold harsh tone spoke out as she gazed down from her chair at him and Zoicite. "Can you give me a good explanation on why you where late Jeadite?" Her voice calm and cold, which made Jeadite involuntarily shiver thinking about it all.
"I am sorry my queen..." Jeadite bowed again. "I was in the middle of checking a potential place for the crystal may be and also helping Zoicite here find areas where we can gather the most energy for you, my queen.." Bowing once more he took the chance and gazed up at Beryl once more who's gaze had not changed from the glance before.
"And where would that be?" She finally said after a long pause which made him and Zoicite, who hadn't been working much let go of the breath the had been holding.
"A cinema, Queen Beryl. Humans flock to the places to sit for hours on end, its just like it was built for us to use..." He said looking up as Zoicite nodded agreeing with Jeadite who had always been good at making up stories that the queen believed.
Another pause came from Beryl as she pressed her lips together eyeing the two generals trying to figure out what exactly was going on. She didn't like being kept in the dark about anything when it came to plans and gathering energy for their use in the upcoming battle with the scouts.
"And how exactly are you going to harvest energy using this cinema plan?" She asked again turning her gaze at Zoicite making the man almost quiver in fear. Jeadite had never made mention of such a plan to him, well at least not yet. He had been to a cinema a few times with Amy so he knew what Jeadite was getting at.
"..The tickets.." He almost burst out saying as he remembered it. "Their little pieces of paper that the humans hand out to the paying customers so they are admitted in to the room that they choose when they buy the ticket. They are held during the movie and even months after, which makes it quite easy for us to gather energy for long periods of time if we wish." Zoicite was grinning ear to ear from the plan he had made up on the spot. It was a good plan too. Glancing over Jeadite nodded lightly in confirmation that it was indeed a good plan. Then his gaze turned back up to the queen who could have them killed on the spot if she felt they where slacking off, which they where.
"..So your saying humans continue to hold on to this piece of paper for months at a time?" She asked looking at Jeadite.
"Well not exactly all humans..." Jeadite said. "It depends on if they want to keep the ticket. I know for sure that the humans hold onto the tickets during the hour or hours their there, which gives us plenty of time to take the energy then." He could feel in his pocket the ticket still from the movie he went to with Serena.
"Well then..." Beryl said leaning back in her thrown as a twisted evil smile came upon her features as she rubbed the arm of the chair lightly thinking about the plan. "It sounds good. I approve. You can start working on it immediately.." She said waving her hand as to bid them off away from her. Both the men bowed as they disappeared in a flurry of black pedals back to their apartment.

Jeadite appeared first back at the apartment glaring at the wall as he transformed to his human self. Turning his head Zoicite came fluttering in and again turned to his human forum as he fell in the seat beside them both.
"We almost bought the farm there..." Zoicite said sighing and picking up a piece of paper on the table..apparently Amy had been there looking for him and left a note saying she would call later. Sighing he looked back at Jeadite who walked over to the window and drew the curtains close as he looked back at his partner.
"Whether I like it or not we're going to have to do this plan.." Jeadite said remembering Serena and his date at the movies. He couldn't deliberately take her to a movie or anyone for that matter without his conscience going bizerk on him. "If we fail this Beryl could very well have Nephlite and Kunzite working on gathering energy as well..." Jeadite didn't need more people watching his moves..with him being a traitor to Beryl and the Negaverse. Zoicite looked away from the note as he was reading it once again, enjoying Amy's handwriting as Jeadite spoke about those things. He was right about that. If Beryl had Nephlite and Kunzite helping them then he couldn't spend nearly as much time with Amy as he was doing now. The cinema plan was perfect when he thought of it but the more he thought about it the more he began to worry about Amy. He most definitely did not want the blue haired genius going to a movie with that plan in action.
"..So how are we going to do this plan..?" Zoicite asked.
"Well its quite simple, you should know because you thought of it. We just turn the tickets into energy gatherers and our work is done." Jeadite shrugged. "But I wouldn't be taking Amy near there any time soon..." He had to say that, Jeadite wanted to push Zoicite to his frame of thinking, to get him to side with him in this battle and go with the scouts but he couldn't deliberately ask Zoicite if he wanted to or he might turn him into Beryl, which would cost him his life.
Zoicite looked back down at the letter thinking about everything and how it had become in the past few weeks a dream to be with Amy but Beryl would never let it happen. She would kill Amy before she killed him calling him a traitor to her crown and make him watch Amy pled and beg for their lives. Then she would tell Amy about Zoicite's secret double life and how he had wanted her to die to begin with by siding with her. The after the tears and angry yells from him and her she would kill her, smiling the whole time at the torture she had caused him.
Zoicite wiped a tear from his cheek as he realized he was lightly crying over her imaginary death. He couldn't let that happen.
Jeadite couldn't help but smile seeing his partner obviously thinking about something that didn't agree with him.
"What can I do?" Zoicite said looking up at Jeadite his eyes looking for answers. "Beryl will kill me and her if she ever found out about this..." He dropped the letter. "She might have come right before I left, and if she had then Beryl would have known something was up..." Jeadite walked over to Zoicite till he was facing him and standing right next to him looking down at the man in the chair.
"I know where your chances are best at.." Jeadite said being really cryptic about what he was getting at. If Zoicite wasn't ready for the full out question it could mean death for him.
"..What do you mean?" Zoicite asked blinking.
"Simply I had said before that Beryl's tactics and who she is isn't good." Jeadite said grabbing a chair and pulling it toward him to sit in. "The fact is is that I see in the future, if Beryl does win this war, humans being killed or enslaved for her purposes and her empire expanding from where it is in the Negaverse, feeding on anything it can find. First it will be Earth, then the other 8 planets in the Milky Way, Beryl turning each planet into a breeding ground for her evil, then when her power is strong enough she'll lash out on the rest of the universe, taking claims on everything until everything is utterly destroyed. She doesn't care about us..we are just pawns in her little chess game."
"..what your saying could be considered high treason..." Zoicite muttered eyeing Jeadite and his openness with the hatred of Beryl he had.
"And what your doing could be considered just the same." Jeadite said getting up and walking toward the door, grabbing his coat on the hook beside it. "There is a difference in our problems though.." He added. "I just hate Beryl...that will alone get me killed..you on the other hand will get the woman you love killed if she ever finds out... and she will find out...sucks to be you.." He said then walking the door, leaving Zoicite to his thoughts about everything. The seeds that had been planted before about Jeadite's comments..where now growing which made the man smile as he went to check in with the Earth prince. He hadn't talked to him in a few days. Though there was something that Jeadite did indeed leave out in their conversation just then. He figured that Zoicite did not need to know at this point and time that Amy was a scout that they where sent to help destroy. He feared that that information at this time would send his partner off the edge, somewhere that he did not want him to go.

*************************************************

Dem os smiled happily as they approached the temple she stayed in humming quietly. The purple cat beside her glanced over and looked about the yard.
"I've been here before once." The cat said looking about and seeing the tree in the front yard full of leaves and blossoming nicely. "The old man that lives here shooed me away. I guess he was fond of those two crows that always hang about the yard." He chuckled thinking back to the time. "And I was about to get them too.."
"Those are the girl I'm a guardian to's pets mind you." Demos said chuckling a bit and leading him into the temple quietly not to get Raye's grandfather in a huff if he recognized the cat. Looking in the kitchen she saw Hotaru as Chelsy sitting there eating a sandwich happily as she was writing something down in a notebook; probably homework. Turning her head Hotaru noticed Demos in the doorway.
"O hey!" She said standing up and walking over, then noticing a new cat behind her and blinked. "And who is this?"
"O he's Hades, your guardian." Demos smiled feeling all proud of herself for finding the cat. "Hades I'd like you to meet your girl, the guardian of Saturn, the scout of death." Hades looked up blinking at the curly brown haired girl knowing something was off about her looks. "O yeah she's in disguise.." Demos then added laughing a bit. "We'll go to her room so she can show you what she really looks like."
"And why is she in disguise?" He asked blinking.
"You'll see.." Demos said almost singing that last part as they walked toward her bedroom, Hotaru opening it for the two cats and stepping inside herself. Walking over to the window she closed the shades and willed the transformation to disappear. With a flash of light Hotaru now stood where her disguise as Chelsy once was.
"My father was taken over by an evil creature.." Hotaru started looking down at the violet cat with the sign of saturn upon his brow. "..and was going to use me somehow in his plot to take over the world. That is why I'm staying here with Raye so I'm safe and don't have to worry about what she told me..." She started then a giant grin came upon her face. "Though Raye and Darien are out on a date right now.." She giggled remembering her plan. "I do hope it goes well.."
"A date?" Demos said kind of skeptical of what the girl was saying. She had been around her scout long enough to know that Raye, unless pushed, would never go on a date. Though she knew that if some sorta idol that Raye liked came and asked the miko out she wouldn't turn him down, Raye was just a school girl."
"Yeah, I treated them to a date, figured with Darien going back tomorrow to his apartment and him being well enough to do it I say why not let them celebrate..." She giggled looking on her dresser and picking up a brush and began brushing her hair. Demos sighed.
"Well this place is nice.." Hades said smiling and jumping up on the bed curling up. "I think I'll stay here, its better then the alleyway you found me in.."
"You lived in an alleyway..?" Hotaru asked blinking at the cat who just nodded.
"Yeah lived there for the past two years, was born in a box there actually.." He laughed feeling the fear and tension he always had because of living out in the open like that melt away. Something was most definitely telling him that he belonged here with the cat that found him and the girl he was suppose to be a guardian too. "But things change..." He began to lick one of his dirty paws lightly, trying to make himself more presentable to the beings in the room. Hotaru laughed as her transformation as Chelsy came on again and she picked him up. "..Hey.."
"Bath time.." She laughed knowing fully well that Hades was really dirty...

***************************************************
< br> Lita came walking in her apartment sighing as she set the bags of things she had gotten from the cooking expo on the table. Whipping her brow off she set her purse down on the table and went over to the answering machine. Pushing the button the machine began to play back all the missed calls she had gotten. Yawning she walked to the kitchen of her apartment and washed her hands. Walking over she grabbed a frozen dinner she had made before she left and popped it in the microwave. Chuckling she thought about the events of the past cooking expo and how she had out cooked the head speaker there. The microwave beeped as Lita walked over and opened up grabbing the food and walking in to the kitchen and sitting down, eating her meal quietly. After supper she would call Serena and find out what was going on with the other scouts. She was glad there didn't seem to be any problems since she was gone. The generals that they had seen at a few of the battles. Taking a bite out of the bread she had made when the phone began to ring. Setting her plate down she picked it up hearing Mina's voice on the other end all cheerful.
"Hey, Your back!" She said on the other line making Lita chuckle a bit.
"Yeah I am, just got back about twenty minutes ago..." Lita said. "I noticed all your messages on the answering machine...You know It was only a day thing this expo and you left at least 10 messages on the machine"
"Yeah!" She said still not breaking from her cheery tone. "I got bored and all. Amy was busy today with that boyfriend of hers...and I couldn't get a hold of Serena just till a few minutes ago and she couldn't talk, her father seemed to be yelling in the background." She giggled. "Hey can I come over?"
"..Well I guess so..." She sighed pulling the phone away from her ear as Mina squealed happily in the phone then she put it back on her ear. "Well then I'll see you in a bit."
"Yeah!" She said then hanging up the phone. Sighing Lita looked about the apartment and started to pick up the small mess that had begun to form. It would take about Mina from her house about ten minutes to her house. Well there went her plans on a spring cleaning tomorrow. Mina was never good at helping her cleaning her house, she was better at destroying it all. Shaking her head she could only laugh about the thought that was going through her mind. That was when the door bell began to rang as she looked up hearing Mina playing with the door bell. Sighing she just shook her head again as she went to answer the door.
"Hey!" Mina said grinning from ear to ear. Lita smiled.
"Hey Mina, wanna come in?"
"Thought you would never ask..." Mina giggled. She walked in as Lita shut the door.

*****************************************************
Amy sat at her table looking down at some text books that she decided to study on when she had come back from Zach's apartment. Sighing she stopped reading the page she was on and looked up at the picture frame of her mother, Zach, and her standing there at the Zoo which Zach had treated them too. Most of the time he was home and today he wasn't which sorta worried her. Sighing she stood up and closed the book walking toward her door then stopping and blinking.
"..This is insane..." She muttered touching the side of her face grabbing at the glasses she had on. Never had she gotten such a strong urge to go and sit by the door of his apartment till he got back. Glancing around the house her eyes settled on the phone. It was also the first time in her life that she had met someone with such a passion for science and math that she was quite attracted to. Most of the people that competed with her brain level looked like Melvin...
She could try his cell like she had writen..but then again if he wasn't back then she could have been interrupting something important. Sighing she decided to go visit Serena to get her mind off of Zach. It just seemed really odd for her to worry about someone so much other then Serena and the other scouts. She knew she should be more worried about finding the princess then she really was...had she stooped like Serena and Darien used to be. She remembered seeing Serena and Darien gazing into each others eyes one night in that alternate time line as she was coming over to help Serena with her math homework and felt a ping of jealousy. Now here she was in a relationship sorta like Serena and Darien had and she felt sorta bad. She was a scout first hand, forever and utmost would be. She had a princess and a universe to protect, whom ever that princess turned out to be.
The doorbell began to ring. Sighing she walked over and peaked in the peep hole to see Zach standing there looking sorta nervous for some reason. Opening it up Amy smiled looking at the man.
"Zach!" She said happily clapping her hands. "I was thinking about calling you just now.." She said. Zach walked in after she moved out of the doorway and placed a kiss upon her cheek and chuckled lightly.
"Well I'm not home.." He said with a smile as he looked about the apartment. He had been there a few times before with Amy of course. He looked down at her watery blue eyes and found himself once more getting lost in their blue waves...Shaking his head he frowned inwardly never letting the smile leave his face. Amy, his angel, didn't need to know the problem he was facing over this. He couldn't loose her to Beryl, his heart wouldn't let it. "I came over if the scientific genius of the world would like to go out for dinner with me?"
"Yeah that sounds wonderful..." Amy said smiling and reaching over to grab her coat. That's when she felt his strong muscular arms wrap around her waist and pull her closer to him. Blinking a blush came to the scout of mercury's face as she looked up at Zach's face wondering what was going on. Zach never was this affectionate. "..Zach...?" She asked bewildered beyond belief at his actions.
"..I realized today Amy that I love you.." He whispered lightly kissing her cheek again as the blue haired teenager stood there with a growing blush upon her face.
"..Zach.." She muttered realizing she hand never dealt which such a situation or such feelings. Those words though made her heart fluttered like she had never felt. "..I love you too.." She said turning around in his hug and lightly placed a kiss upon his lips. Then she pulled away from the embrace placing on the coat she had grabbed before. "Shall we head out to dinner then?" She asked as Zach nodded smiling placing an arm around her waist as they walked out of the apartment. Who knew that Amy of all people could actually find someone to love.

*************************************************

" I don't like this..." Luna muttered looking out from the rooftop of Serena's house. "We haven't had an official meeting of the scouts in almost a week."
"Well we did talk at the temple while Darien was out.." Artemis yawned peaking an eye up at the black cat. "And that was really only two days ago."
"Still, Darien is apart of the team and we should have an official scout meeting...he's the one who has any indication on who the princess is." She frowned remembering everything. Darien, Amy, Serena, Raye, and her still had their past paradox memories, the other scouts though where slowly remembering that life time so it was difficult to talk to Artemis still about the whole situation when he hardly remembered anything.
"Come on Luna.." Artemis said still having only one eye open. "Isn't it obvious at whom Darien does have a thing for... if where figure the princess is the one Darien ends up with."
"What do you mean?" Luna asked blinking and looking at Artemis.
"Obviously it isn't Serena because you told me all about that time before this...so out of the rest of the scouts who does Darien hang out with the most?" He yawned.
"Raye and Darien.." Luna muttered.
"Now your getting it.." Artemis said about to fall asleep again.
"No! Raye and Darien are walking down the street." Luna said standing up to get a better view of the two walking past Serena's house heading somewhere. Artemis not moving opened another eye and looked down seeing the couple there laughing about something as he chuckled a bit.
"There you go, enough proof." He said flopping over to his other side deciding sleep was best.
"Nooo..they could be just going to the store or something.." Luna said looking about trying to figure out where exactly they where going without going up to them and straight out asking it.
"Dressed in what their wearing..?" Artemis mumbled. "Do you have something against Raye being the princess or something..?" Luna turned her head looking at the backside of the sleeping white cat and frowned at the comment.
"That is so not true.." She said turning and looking at him. "..It's just that...just that.."
"...She's not Serena..?" Artemis added for her as he yawned again. "Remind me next time not to come over here with the plan of sleeping." He picked his head up and turned it looking at Luna out of the corner of his eyes. "Ever since we met and you told me about that past paradox thingy you've been trying to deny the hard core fact that Darien has a thing for Raye...you even said once that in the other time line they dated a few times. It's just a logical explanation of it all..."
"That Raye Hino is the princess?!" Luna frowned. "Maybe Darien is just trying out dating everyone else to see if he can pin point the princess that way." She nodded believing that had to be the most logical solution to the situation at hand. "Anyway princess business aside how is Demos now?"
"What do you mean?" Artemis said sitting up and yawning as he faced the black cat. He almost could swear that she was jealous. "Demos and I get along a bit yeah but I don't feel anything toward her like I do you.." He chuckled. Luna had told them about the other time line and how they had had a kitten together. Sure he didn't know that could happen in this time line but once he had seen Luna it was like love at first sight for him. "But if you really just want to know she's been looking for this cat that was in a dream she said she had. I don't know if its true or she's just trying to find something that isn't there, in any case she says its for the good of the scouts that she finds this cat..." He yawned again, his eyes gazing down at the couple that was almost out of sight from where they sat.
"I don't like how apart we are.." Luna said. "Nothing good ever comes from the scouts being so apart for so long."
"Hey no attacks means no suiting up which means no worries...let them enjoy themselves for a bit. They may be scouts but their also teenagers..." Turning he headed toward Serena's window and walked inside the room seeing Serena laying there fast asleep on her bed.
Once Serena had gotten home, her father had first yelled at her and then grounded her for staying out so late without any calls home. Once Serena had accidentally blabbed that she had gone to the movies with a guy her father lost it and now the rule was that she couldn't even think about a guy. Artemis turned and looked at Luna.
"I'm going to go home now.." He said. "So I'll see you later."
"Ok." Luna said watching him sneak out of Serena's room and into the hallway hopefully not getting spotted. Serena didn't need to explain why there was a white cat in her house as well. Shaking her head Luna stepped in the room and curled up at the foot of the bed deciding that it was good to try and sleep..since there was nothing else that she could do or that could be done by just her at the moment.

*******************************************************

Raye turned her head to look at Darien who was still chuckling about the joke she had just said to try and ease the time that they had while walking.
"You know you shouldn't listen to your grandfather.." Darien said commenting about the joke and wiping a tear from his eye that was caused by the laughter he had.
"Well If I could get everyone to laugh like that then I've succeeded.." Raye laughed turning her head to gaze up at the tall man beside her. "And anyway we're going to have to take revenge upon Hotaru for this situation.." She said clenching her fist and looking forward.
"Well I don't think it's that bad..." Darien chuckled looking at her reaction. "I haven't had time to see any sorta movie lately so it'll be a nice break for both of us."
"That's true.." Raye said feeling something cold on her hand. Blinking she looked down at her hand and found a tiny wet spot upon it's surface. Blinking she looked up and noticed it had started snowing a little. This startled Raye a bit but she realized it was that time of year. Snow was going to be falling and Tokyo would become in some areas a white wonderland, to quote an american song.
"Well what do you know.." Darien said smiling and looking up at the sky seeing it let loose with more of the white fluffy flakes.
"Yeah.." Raye chuckled turning her head and smiling at him. "I guess winter crept up on us again." She put her hand out catching another flake in her hand. That's when another hand came and clasped over her own. Blinking she turned toward Darien who had a gentle smile upon his face.
"You shouldn't be getting your hand cold on purpose scout of Mars.." He poked fun. "You couldn't fight if you can't use your fire.."
"O really?" She said eyeing him. "Mr. I throw roses at people.." She laughed poking him in the side enjoying the moment she was having with the prince of Earth. Sure she had dated Darien a few times but it at the time had never felt so right.
"Hey they work, don't they?" He chuckled looking ahead and seeing the theater there.
"Speaking of roses..." Raye added sorta nervous about the topic. She had wondered about the rose and the kiss for a while.
"..We're here..." Darien said not catching what she was implying. Raye looked up and saw the theater sign. There where about four movies that they could choose from. One of the movies was 50 first dates but as she read another a smile came across her face as she pointed up.
"How about we go and see that movie instead?" She asked. It was still an american romantic comedy but she had wanted to see that movie since she had seen a preview of it on the television.
"The Prince and Me?" Darien asked and looking down at Raye who nodded. He couldn't help but laugh at the title of it and their situation. By birth and power both where royalty from planets which meant The prince and me could be Raye talking about her and himself... "Ok then.." He responded. "I'm sure they could exchange the tickets Chelsy bought us and watch that one." Raye nodded as they walked up to the counter and got their tickets exchanged and walked in to the theater.
Since it had been a week in the theater, the theater that The Prince and Me was in wasn't packed so Raye and Darien sat near the back by themselves. Most the people in the theater where couples as well. Raye could tell that by looking at how they where sitting, most of the people had an arm around another or leaning into each other. She wanted to giggle about it but that would have been rude. Then again Raye realized she wouldn't mind of Darien had decided to be that close with her as they sat in the theater.
Darien looked down as they watched the movie laughing where something happened but couldn't help but stare at the porcelain skinned beauty that was sitting beside him. It was the strangest thing really. He thought about times during the other time where he had gotten to look and really look at the scout of Mars and he had never noticed the timeless beauty she held. The rose red lips that she held and those exotic violet eyes that gazed up at the screen, unaware at his gaze at her. Then there was the silk that she called hair that framed her beautiful face and body. It wasn't just her looks that attracted him either. It was the passion and fiery spirit that the scout of Mars held. If she was mad, you could tell it, and if she was happy, she didn't hide it. You could read her emotions like a book if you where close enough to understand it. With all that had happened to her when she was younger, Raye tended to block people out of her heart, not letting them in but with the scouts she had to open her heart. Which meant he got to know her unlike any guy who might have thought about dating her could.
"..Darien.." Raye's voice broke his concentration as he blinked realizing she had looked back to see his gaze at her. A blush came across his face as he turned his head away hoping that the damage wasn't done.
"..Sorry.." He said sheepishly turning his gaze toward the screen leaving Raye baffled at what had just happened. Darien didn't understand it why he was never attracted to her in the other time line as he was most definitely now. And the same went with Serena. He didn't understand how he could hold such feelings in the other life with Serena and now...now he didn't feel anything but friendship for her. It was the strangest thing. Sighing he leaned back in his chair, placing an arm up over the seats subconsciously and within ten minutes had it wrapped around her arms, pulling her toward him.
Raye blinked looking up at Darien's face who was oblivious at her glances toward him, or the arm around her. She didn't mind it though, all the attention that Darien gave her made her feel special.
Soon the movie was over with and Raye stood up stretching.
"Well then.." Raye said smiling and looking over at Darien who laughed. "Though I think the ending was added on just to make people happy and she should have made up her mind sooner it was a good movie overall."
"Yeah it wasn't bad.." Darien said thinking about it. "Well anyway I'm sure your grandfather is probably having a cow that you're not back yet.."
"Yeah that's true.." Raye laughed thinking about her grandfathers reaction to the date. He would probably try and beat Darien for even laying a hand on his grand daughter. They piled out of the theater and when they got out of the doors Raye blinked seeing that the streets where now blanketed with the white snow. She laughed seeing the down pour of snow. Darien couldn't help but laugh either.
"I guess I should have checked the weather before we left.." He said rubbing the back of his head. "Hey my apartment is closer how about we head there first? I can get my bike out, it'll be faster anyway then walking."
"It's not *that* cold.." Raye said blinking as she caught another flake on her hand enjoying the time and the company that she had at the moment. "I've always been good with winter...I guess it's in my blood.." She laughed thinking about the past life where she won the skiing contest and the Negaverse had mistook her for the princess. Then there was the times where she was up at Chad's cabin and they skied all the time.
"Ok then, to the temple it is!" Darien said smiling down at Raye who nodded as they slowly began to make their way back to the temple walking under the falling snow.

*******************************************

Serena turned in her sleep, opening her eyes lightly as she slept to see someone standing there. Panic waved in her as her eyes went wide and she sat up suddenly. The ice cold eyes of Jeadite stood there with a straight expression upon his face, she couldn't tell what was going on behind those eyes.
"Jeadite.." She hissed looking down at her cat companion who was still asleep at her feet.
"Ahh yes the lunar princess..." Jeadite said as a chuckle came past his lips as he gazed down at the girl some more as she sat up. "It's so nice to make your aquantince once more.."
"You have no right to sneak in my room at all hours of the night..." Serena said letting the last comment from him just pass her like it didn't phase her one bit. From the kiss from the last time she knew that he knew her identity and since there had been no attempts on her life or the lives of her family and friends she didn't fear him. If he was out to kill her he would have done it a long time ago in her eyes.
"Don't like our wonderful rendezvous, I take it?" He joked as he leaned down placing his gloved hands upon the sheets of her bed leaning in to become eye level at the girl. The last comment made Serena blush as she broke eye contact with the Negaverse General looking down at her hands.
"..It's not that.." She said quietly then looking up at his face again. "Why didn't you tell Beryl about me and the others?" She finally asked trying to figure out what made this man tick exactly. Jeadite moved back up to a standing position as he took his gaze from her down to the cat.
"I have my reasons.." Jeadite coolly said then looking back at her cheery blue eyes feeling that feeling he got the last time he was Jeadite with her. As his human form Jed he could keep the feelings down more, he couldn't explain how or why it happened that way but it did. The feeling wasn't all that unpleasant he had to admit and because of it he had kissed her last time.
"That's not good enough." Serena said glaring up at the man grabbing onto the bottom of her shirt, twisting it in her hands. "You must have a reason for not telling Beryl..."
"Who said I didn't tell her..?" He replied with a smirk that Serena couldn't read at all. "I didn't."
"Stop playing around!" Serena angrily shouted though not to the point to wake anybody up. Actually you could have described it more of a sudden jump in volume then a yell or shout. "You come here and kiss me, causing me to transform then just leave with no explanation or word till now..."
"You act as if we're dating.."
"Will you stop it!" Serena said looking up at the man again glaring at his face. "You know I should just kill you and get it over with...you are with the enemy wither or not your withholding information from her..."
"But then these late night meetings wouldn't be as fun with out me..." He touched his chin and made a pouty expression then laughed a bit.
"Gah you remind me of this jerk around town!" Serena wailed grabbing at her pillow and throwing it at him. He just disappeared and materialized right beside her on the bed. He gently reached over and cupped her face in his hands and turned her angry expression toward him. His right thumb began to rub softly her cheek.
"Now now..." He said calmly gazing into her eyes feeling that strong emotion again with her. "You returned the kiss last time...that means something..." Without saying another word or waiting for her response Jeadite bent in once again capturing her soft lips with his. He didn't quite understand why every time he saw her he wanted to kiss her and confess this feeling he had to her hoping she would spring in his arms.
Serena knew what was coming when he said that but her heart fluttered more then anything when she saw him leaning in to kiss her. She gripped his gloved hands on the sides of her face as she slowly returned the kiss. Serena didn't understand these feelings either, they where so strong yet he was the enemy. She didn't understand that. Somehow she knew that he felt the same way...that was the only explanation on why he hadn't told his Queen about them all and her transformations and identities.
Jeadite slowly pulled away never breaking eye contact with her when his eyes did open. He didn't know what to say or what to think. The mark on her brow was fading that must have appeared when they kissed like before but this time she didn't transform.
"..Now what..?" She said almost in a whisper, her voice somewhat shaky with uncertainty. How could she, Serena, princess of the moon, Sailor Moon, be falling for this general...one that had caused so much pain in the other time line to her friends and herself. Back then all she could feel was despair and disgust for the man that had just given her a second kiss. Jeadite began to stand up away from her, Serena's hands never letting go of his as he dropped them from her face. The expression upon his was more confused then anything.
"...I..I don't know.." He said dropping entirely the cold evil mood he had had on a few minutes ago. He looked back down at the girl with the odango's tied up with little bows and the bunny pajamas that always ran though his mind. He finally shook her gentle touch off his hands as he turned. "I must go now."
Serena didn't say anything, she knew this was coming, what else could the general do right now?
"..I..I wish you luck.." Serena blurted out. "..I mean if Beryl finds out...this you know.." She blushed a little. "..She'll kill you.."
"I know that.." He said coldly. "..but this must be..." Without looking back his hand came out as something appeared in it and he dropped it on the floor disappearing in a flutter of black rose petals once more from her room. Looking down she reached out and picked up what the general had left.

It was a rose to Serena's surprise. It wasn't colored ordinary either. It wasn't black nor red but a mixture of the two..as if telling her something was happening inside Jeadite. She was sure that if he had given her the rose in the past time line that it would have been all black. She hugged it a little and got up walking over to her dresser, opening the top drawer she set it gently inside, placing a few articles of clothing over it so nobody would see her present at first glance. Turning around she let a long yawn out as she crawled back into bed happily waiting for sleep to over take her...

*****************************************************
< br> The woman who had started it all sat in front of a bottle gazing upon it with venom and poison. Destanance picked the bottle up that swirled and glowed suddenly blue as a grin came upon her face. Yes she was Beryl's right hand woman so she would never suspect the curse that she had whipped up as a pay back. Flashes of the battle back on Mars came back to her as she thought about all the evil things she had done to her sister and nieces in the name of Beryl while Beryl just sat back and let her kill her sister and family.
"That bitch.." Destanance hissed bringing the bottle to her face as she glared at it. Then she began to run a long twisted fingernail upon the glass of the bottle. It took her three hours of chanting and placing the ingredients in to create this curse. It was a curse rarely used because in the end it could kill the creator of the drink. She didn't care though...Destanance didn't see any reason to live with what she had done...and in the end she would help her nieces...yes them. Before she would use it Destanance did want to apologize to them and explain everything because she was sure that they had unanswered questions. It was all coming together in her eyes.
"Lady Destanance..." A voice came over the intercom in her room. Standing up she left the vial in her special room and headed out to the other room closing the door and locking it.
"Yes?" She said.
"Queen Beryl wishes to talk to you.." The voice said. Sighing Destanance went to the door and headed down the hallway to talk to the queen she was plotting to kill.

************************************************************ ****

Wow Destanance has something out for Beryl. I could see why though. The evil twisted queen used the woman who all she wanted was the thrown from her sister. Though she is realizing something in the story. I hope everything goes well with the plan she's got formulating in her mind. Review before you go and as always thanks for taking the time to read one of my stories.