Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Mars Saga ❯ Pained Melodies ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Version 1.5
Now with Spellcheck!

The Mars Saga
by Candy aka solarsun
Chapter 24: Pained Melodies

"I'm all right guys, really," Amy muttered laughing as her friends where making a fuss over her in the temple. She thought it was strange when she had arrived only to find none of her friends nor cats where around to greet her like they normally did. "Zach and I got into our conversation so much that I completely forgot the time, really." Though that explanation didn't seem to be winning over her friends to why she was late. Sure Amy prided herself on her promptness and how she was always on time, or a little early. But today Zach seemed really disturbed about something when they started talking. Zach and herself had talked so long about a problem at work that she didn't see the time fly by. By the time she realized that 6 had come and gone she was at least 45 minutes late. Touching her lips lightly she laughed a bit. "Just stop this nonsense and lets get down to studying."
"...Ok Amy," Serena said beside her looking skeptically at the girl who just rolled her eyes in frustration. "But if anything does come up, you'll tell us right?"
"..Yes yes, you know me. I'm not the type to go off and solve my own problems unless I get input from you guys." She said opening her math book. "Now who needs help with their math again?" Lita and Mina responded as the rest of the day went by as she worked with them on some of the harder algebra that they where learning now. Even though Lita and Mina didn't have the memories from the other time line put back in it was quite apparent in Amy's helping that they where slowly remembering things from that timeline. Amy remembered how it was a huge struggle to teach Mina and Serena just a simple little algebraic problem. Turning her head she sent a smile to Serena who was nodding as she wrote things down in her math book.
Raye on the other hand was slowly working through her science homework on the table next to Serena. Math wasn't the hardest for Raye to deal with. Actually out of the inner scouts she was the second brightest when it came to school and studies. If it wasn't for the fact that Amy's apartment was really to small for all five of them, in the past time line, and now all six of them they would be studying over there instead of the temple. Glancing up she noticed Serena was having a bit of difficulty with something and leaned over looking at the problem.
"It ain't that hard," She huffed then laughed taking up the pencil beside her (she was using a pen for her science homework) and pointing out some things so Serena would figure it out on her own. After a few seconds of suggestions Serena finally figured out what Raye was trying to help her with and wrote it down thanking the girl. They didn't nearly fight as often as in the other time line now.
Lita though found herself baking things when they weren't busy that she didn't even have a recipe for. Serena would come over and tell her how she got the recipe for what she had whipped up using a lingering thought in the back of her head. Then with the blonde's help she would write it down in her recipe book so she wouldn't forget it. The tall brunette also found herself becoming strides better in cooking over the past few days. Talking to Luna the cat speculated that what ever had happened preventing the girls from remembering the other time line was probably wearing off now.
A future where Serena was in charge. That was after an ice age that wasn't explained how it got there. For all Lita knew the future would be exactly the same, just probably with a different princess. Well Lita really didn't care right now about that. She had school to worry about and two evils that where trying to kill them all to deal with.
Reaching up she let out a yawn slowly. The search they went on to find Amy sure did take a lot out of her. It was past 8 now and she was already feeling the weariness of the day creeping up upon her. Glancing over she noticed that Serena as well just yawned. The thought about packing up for the night crossed her mind but she really did need to get the homework in front of her done before tomorrow.

Tomorrow she had other things to deal with.

Other things like school for one. There was a test in her English class. She didn't want to worry about the math homework in front of her tomorrow after everything was said and done. She knew that by the time she got home or even here at the temple tomorrow she wouldn't want to even look at a school book.
Setting the pencil down beside her math notebook she stood up slowly getting glances from the other scouts at the table.
"I think I'm going to make some tea," she muttered then turning away from the table and walking out Raye's room's door quietly. With it being 8 it meant that her grandfather could very well be asleep in his room a few doors down. She didn't want the old man to be awoken by her carelessness. Serena, though greatly improving on the subject, still awoke the man every once and again. Though he was never angry at the blonde or any one of them when they did it, they all felt bad for it. Raye's grandfather didn't do much around the temple anymore, the miko taking most if it on herself, and now giving Chad some of the work to help out, he still had a few chores around it, which was mostly greeting visitors and teaching judo to the students. Raye had mentioned that when she finally reached the final stage of the art she would have to leave the temple and go on a sacramage to where her grandfather had learned the art to even be qualified to teach it in her grandfathers stead one day. With the scouts needed as much around Tokyo, Raye couldn't be gone for that long.
Lita blinked realizing she was such in deep thought she didn't even notice once she had entered the kitchen. She had been standing in the door of it staring out at a wall thinking about it all. Yawning once more she walked over to the sink picking up the tea kettle beside it and filling it up then setting it on the stove, turning on one of the burners. Smiling lightly to herself she thought about how it would be if she was lucky enough to have a boyfriend like Amy. She would probably become really air-headed to the point where she could possibly burn water.
She didn't kid herself though, Lita would have loved to have a boyfriend once again, much like her last. With school, the scouts, and the problems with the timelines Lita didn't see herself being lucky enough any time soon to have such a luxury. Luna had mentioned that non of them, maybe besides Raye and definitely Serena, had a boyfriend. Amy had said that if Greg had stayed in Tokyo that they probably would have been a couple.

Boyfriends...

She sighed a bit leaning on the counter looking up dreamily at the wall. Yeah, maybe one day. One day when everything was done, or when she could afford to have a boyfriend she would. Till then it was just her, herself, and I. Letting a laugh go she thought about that and what her potential boyfriend would look like. Maybe brown hair? Red heads where always cute.
The whisle of the heated water woke her up from her day dream. Jumping Lita quickly took one of the pot holders in her hand and grasped the handle of the tea kettle. Quickly pulling out the tea pot after settling the kettle on a heat pad on the counter she turned around and pulled a box of tea out of the cupboards and threw the bags in the tea pot after pouring the hot water from the kettle in there. Sighing she leaned back after all that and still thought about everything that had happened and the memories that where slowly surfacing during the days with the girls. All that made her wonder what had happened to cause everything to be the way it was. Lita shrugged it off and pulled the tea bags out of the tea pot after they had enough time to seep. Then digging around she grabbed the cups that went with the set, enough for everyone and put them on a tray. It wasn't her cookies or anything but everyone did love a good cup of tea.

"...So Raye," Serena's voice cut in as she leaned over invading the miko's space as a grin that spoke 'I know something you don't know' toward the girl who held a now puzzled face upon her features. "..Luna told me something the other day..about you and a certain masked man out for a walk in the snow..." There was a grin from ear to ear on the blonde as she looked around the table. Amy held a shocked face as she turned to look at the now redder then her sailor suit miko who had a hand up over her face trying to cover her embarrassment.
"..Yeah, so? Darien and I can go for a walk when ever we feel like it, it's nothing special," Raye said trying to cover up the fact that it just wasn't a walk hoping that Hotaru would keep her big mouth shut over the whole situation.

But Hotaru wasn't the one to read the glances she was being sent by the sailor solider of Mars.
"Yeah, they where heading to a movie that I treated them to," Hotaru said making Raye bury her head in her hands even more sinking down trying to hide herself from the prying eyes of the scouts around her.
Serena began to clap as her grin only got bigger.
"I knew it!" Serena said laughing as well. "The way Luna made it sound you two where dressed to go somewhere nice."
"..So Raye here went on a date with Darien?" Mina said looking over toward Raye and then at Hotaru who just nodded a smile also upon her features. "Wow! Cool! What if Raye is the princess where looking for?" Another smile came upon Mina's features as she sat up a bit looking around the table, her eyes settling on the cats who where behind Raye and Serena, napping. "Hey Luna!"
The sleeping cat poked her head up yawning a bit.
"Could you guys be a little quieter...one would think that a study session would be such," Luna muttered then yawning and sitting up the whole way disturbing Artemis beside her.
"So...Raye and Darien where seen walking together in fancy clothes the other night?" Mina said.
"Well of course but I thought it nothing of importance," Luna said trying to push it off. Artemis just laughed rolling his eyes.
"I was there and they where obviously doing something together," Artemis sighed in frustration at the black cat whom was trying to downplay what she had seen.
"You where there and you never told me?!" Mina bursted out. "..I'm hurt Artemis..as the goddess of love one would think you would inform me of such matters!" Now kneeling up she was leaning on the table with both hands glaring at the white cat who had sunk behind Luna for protection.
"Told you what?" Lita asked coming in with a tray of tea and cups in her hands.
"That Raye and Darien went on a date..." Mina muttered sitting back again, crossing her arms over her chest and a look of hurt was on her face.
"A date?" Lita asked looking over toward Raye who was now trying to hide under the table.
"..It was nothing of the sort.." A voice came from under the table.
"fff, nothing," Serena said rolling her eyes and began poking the miko under the table. "..You've got to come out of there sometime."
"I'm going to stay here forever for your information," Raye mumbled from under the table. That caused everyone to laugh lightly at how stupid that really did sound.
Bringing her head up from under the table Raye glared at everyone.
"..Fine Darien and I did go on a date, for your information we went to see The Prince and Me."
"I thought you where going to see 50 First Dates," Hotaru said puzzled.
"We decided to go to that one instead," Raye sighed. "It was nothing special. The movie was pretty average and the seats we sat in where sticky." She leaned on a hand on the table as she looked at everyone hoping that what she was saying they would buy. Actually it couldn't have been a better movie and there couldn't have been better company in her eyes. She just didn't want everyone to think she was the princess that they where searching for.

For one she didn't feel like a princess.

Besides Serena was always the best princess in the other time line. She didn't change between time lines so I wouldn't see why it would be any different.
"..Yeah right Raye," Lita said eyeing her. "I don't believe that for one second." She said still pouring tea into the cups she had brought back to the table and handing them to everyone on the table. "Something tells me that your not telling the whole truth about this."
"Darien is a very handsome man," Amy said lightly. "Even I before I met Zach would have accepted some sorta invitation from the man, of course strictly to find out if I'm the princess. I bet all of us would say yes if some man with Darien's looks came up and asked us out." She looked around the table to see everyone nodding their head lightly smiling then turning her eyes toward Raye. "So I don't see why your downplaying it so strongly."
"..It was nothing.." Raye pleaded. She did not want them to think that she was the princess or could even be close to her. Raye just couldn't be it in her eyes. The princess had to be friendly and kind..much like how Serena was in the past like.
"..Ooo what if Darien asks me next.." Mina said thinking about it as she began to daydream about it looking up at the ceiling. "..I really want a boyfriend, it sucks being single."
"I know what you mean," Serena sighed. "I guess this is the first time when you've guys have brought up boyfriends that I can say such a thing."
"..Yeah..Amys got Zach and Raye is now dating Darien.." Lita said with a sigh. "I want a boyfriend too."
That's when Raye suddenly stood up from her spot with her eyes closed as if she was trying to control her temper.
"We went on one date..it doesn't mean were dating or going steady," She stated firmly her hands clenched at her sides. "Now if you excuse me I've got to go clean something." With that Raye walked out of her room, away from her friends and out the living quarters of the temple's doors. Sighing and cursing under her breath she looked up at the stars quietly trying to compose herself once more and get a handle of her anger. The coolness of the snow that lay on the ground helped calm her senses a bit. Nothing like the cold of snow to calm the heat of my anger, Raye quietly thought.
Everything of course she did trying to downplay the date was a lie of course, well in her eyes. She didn't know quite how Darien viewed the date or even their relationship. She wished he would stop by more often so she could at least ask him about the kiss and rose..

That kiss.

Reaching up Raye touched her lips once more trying to retrieve the memory of what had happened once more. He probably didn't even remember what he had done when he was sick. With that high of a temperature she was certain he didn't remember. She had even tried to mention it during the date but they had gotten side tracked then or something.
The fact of it all was was she wouldn't mind going steady with the Earth prince. A thought that scared her a whole lot. From what Demos said the princess and prince where destined and such, that didn't change between timelines, thoughts like that could lead to assumptions she could possibly be the princess they where all looking for.

And that thought itself scared her a whole lot more then even Beryl or any evil on Earth at that time possibly could.

She wasn't the princess. She couldn't be.

And that was that.

************************************************************ ***********

The raven haired woman stood next to Beryl trying to hide a wonderful sinister smile upon her features as she lightly rocked back and forth on her feet. Maybe, she thought, that she should excuse herself from the queens presence and go out to celebrate her wonderful wonderful success in her latest plan she had formulated.
The queen didn't even seem the wiser to the plan she had made and acted out upon. She wouldn't even realize it till it was to late of course which furthered her happiness and wishes to go celebrate it.
Scanning with her deep almost gray violet eyes she saw the monsters and henchmen that Beryl controled walking about the thrown room doing the wishes of their queen.

She would say her queen...but well being double crossed kind of changed her tune on that subject.

Soon..hopefully sooner then she hoped the plan would start to show itself to her. Of course she knew what she had done to the queen. A low leveled sorceress could have pulled off what she had done..though she herself had put much more then just the basic curse in the plan. Destanance herself had weaved a curse of such hate and pure agony that she had actually surprised herself with some of the spells she had placed in it. It had been centuries since she had used some of the spells that had been weaved into the curse.
Ahh yes how the curse was to be used finally was easy enough. The queen would never suspect such treachery in her ranks. Beryl believed that everyone was so frightened of herself that she was non the wiser to it all.
"Lady Destanance," Beryl said beside her as she sat on her thrown.
"Yes my queen?" Destanance asked looking toward her.
"..I was wondering...have you been in contact with Jeadite and Zoicite as of late to check up on their progress with their latest plan?"
"No my queen," Destanance said. "..I've been busy..with my own matters that is." She said. "If you wish me to check up on them now I shall go."
"That is what I wish," Beryl said.
"So it be." Destanance responded and began to walk away from the thrown and the queen that would soon learn the word agony well.

To well in fact.

'You know taking revenge isn't always the best thing to do,' The voice inside her said. Lately the voice had been keeping quiet about such matters. Since she had turned on Beryl and started taking revenge upon her dead sister and what she had done to her nieces. Sighing she just ignored it. What ever that it was talking to her inside herself shouldn't be such a complainer. Wasn't it good enough that she was adding her nieces in the battle now, even with risk to herself.

Well most definitely risking herself.

If Beryl ever caught wind that someone was going to or was even thinking about committing treason they would be killed publicly by Beryl herself. The way Destanance saw it that with the crimes she herself had upon her head and the blood of her sister upon her hands she shouldn't be able to live. Death she figured was the punishment she would give herself in the end, after everything was said and done by Beryl or herself. Her nieces weren't going to forgive her once they realized what had exactly happened. Nobody would. Death would be better then a life of solitude and her own anguish. Nobody was going to cry when she went.
Yawning she decided to go get a cup of coffee back on Earth then go and visit the two generals to see how their progress was doing by the queen..maybe talking to the one who was speaking treasonous things while she was hidden in the closet. Maybe he would like to help. The other man, Zoicite, didn't seem all that well with the idea at the time so she was going to avoid him for the moment. She didn't need to get caught till the curse was irreversible. Then she could look Beryl in the eye and yell at her accusing her of twisting her thoughts to destroy her family, then accuse her of using her then wanting to kill her once everything was done. Yes, she would have her revenge in the end, wether or not she was alive. It just took time and right now she had all the time in the world.
Whistling lightly because of her good mood she disappeared heading toward Earth to have her coffee.

********************************************************** *

Jeadite couldn't help but laugh seeing Zoicite there, a broken man. He had finally come to him to tell him what he was going to do, unlike last time.
"..So what do you want to do?" Jeadite said as they stood in their apartment on Earth. Jeadite had opped to leave the apartment to talk so Beryl wouldn't have an accidental chance to walk in on them talking treason, or at least himself talking treason. "..You understand you can't just stand where you are now, in the middle of it all. Once Amy finds out, which she will, I guarantee it, she will be in more hurt and pain then if you decide to make a choice. You have two choices here, either you A stay with Beryl, turn myself and Amy in to Beryl and continue on with the mission, probably getting a raise of some sort while that is all happening or B you leave Beryl like I will be doing, allie yourself with the scouts, and tell Amy which hopefully she'll forgive you for such a mistake and you two will be happily together as the scouts beat Beryl."
"..Where not sure Beryl will lose," Zoicite muttered.
"I think she will," Jeadite said. "The only thing stopping them is the fact that the princess is still a mystery to them, I'm sure. Once that is out in the open then Beryl is gone." Turning his head he glanced out the window overlooking the street below the apartment for a second then turning back to the man. "Well I'll make it simpler for you you've got two choices A Beryl or B Amy. You can't have both. It'll never work."
"..Ok then," Zoicite took a deep breath. It had indeed been a long day. The talk with Amy was to feel her out on where she stood on some human issues, to see if they where really as compatible as he had thought. It had made him realize he loved her even more then he had known. "..I'm with you. I can't choose a queen that will probably have us killed after all this is said and done."
"..Probably?! Geez man she's still got you brainwashed...there is no probably. She WILL have us killed if she takes over Earth. By then we'll be really powerful and threatening to her. Beryl's first objective once Earth gets taken over, if it does, is to clean house of anyone that could threaten her power, that means all of us generals." Jeadite brushed his hair back then smiled. "Well then at least I'm not alone in this. I'll talk to the prince again, we should probably stop using this apartment for the time being as well. Beryl knows where it is and so does many of her loyal subjects."
Zoicite nodded slowly letting the breath go he had been holding. He was afraid of what would happen when he had finally made a choice about this whole thing..but now after he had, he felt a whole lot better about things. Sure it was going to be way harder now then it was before, now he would have to get a job to pay for anything that wasn't paid for in advance by the Negaverse but all that didn't matter. Amy was whom he was doing this for, not himself, not for Jeadite, not for anyone. And in the end he hoped that Amy and him would still be together. "Well anyway you're going to have to tell Amy before the scouts cleanse us from Beryl's power and control."
"..I know that.." He muttered quietly. Of course he did know that. It would be a shock and more then likely a relationship ender if he didn't. Of course wether or not Amy stayed with him now was really up in the air. He hoped she loved him enough to look past this detail. If he had known she was a sailor scout before it all happened, he wouldn't have event talked to her.
"So then I'll go visit the prince and set up a place for us, and you go and talk to Amy. The sooner we can get this whole process done with the better and the more likely we'll walk away from Beryl with our lives and all of our limbs. Call me when your done so I can instruct you where to go afterward." Another nod came from Zoicite who disappeared after in a haze of black rose petals.
Taking a deep breath a gigantic grin started to spread across his features. The thought of Serena was passing through his mind at that moment..well the thought of what she would do when he told her about his decision to leave Beryl. Maybe then he could stop just appearing in her room or on her balcony and go on an official date with her. She shouldn't be worrying about a lost love when there was himself wishing to date the blonde beauty. Yes, everything hopefully was going to go the way he had planned it and Beryl would be non the wiser till it was to late. Once they where cleansed Beryl couldn't just kill them with a thought like she could with everyone of her warriors. She would have to send someone out to hunt them. The connection between them and her would be cut for good.
With that thought he wondered why he had ever allowed the connection to be established. Maybe it was the fact that his parents where her loyal subjects that he had it? It puzzled Jeadite as well. Something told him that his parents where never loyal to Beryl, he couldn't even remember them. Frowning he rubbed his forehead thinking about it some more. Well something always told him that what Beryl had told him in the beginning of this time was a lie, that there was something she didn't want them to find out.

What ever it was Jeadite was sure he was going to dig it up one way or another.

Maybe after the cleansing those memories would be unlocked and he could finally learn what Beryl had locked away from them for so long. Then he could finally figure out what was really going on with everything and the confusion.
"Jeadite?" A familiar voice called as a figure appeared in front of him.
"You should use the closet Destanance.." He muttered as a cold expression replaced the puzzled one he had had on.
"..Sorry. I've just had bad experiences with closets," Destanance said smiling.
"Beryl checking up?" Jeadite asked. A nod came from the woman across from him.
Her eyes glanced about the room as she stood there in front of him, as if trying to find something out of place. Rolling his eyes Jeadite turned ignoring her for a bit and grabbed the cap he had on when he was Jed putting it on.
"Well you can tell her everything is going as well as hoped with the plan. The next shipment of energy will be tomorrow." Snapping his fingers Jeadite changed into his human counterpart Jed.
"She will be pleased to hear that," Destanance said itching to start the conversation. Obviously the man in front of her wanted to do something else right now then talk to her about Beryl's expectations with their latest plan. It didn't take a rocket scientist to see how much he truly loathed the woman, like she did now.
"..Well anyway if your done, you can check the room and go, I'm sure that's what Beryl wants to know." He said walking past her toward the door.
"..There is something else Jeadite that *I* would like to know," She said turning around toward his back. The way his shoulders moved it showed her that he was annoyed at this as he turned around with the look of annoyance upon his features.
"..What then?" He said very huffy. A smirk came upon her features as she wanted to laugh at it all.
"First of all is Zoicite gone?" She asked looking about again. That was whom she was looking for when she looked around the apartment.
"..He's got something to do with the plan," Jeadite muttered she knew most likely a lie of course. They had been giving Beryl energy to keep her happy but of course Destanance knew that it had to be all show so she wouldn't be breathing down their backs so she wouldn't have the chance to learn his treacherous ways.
"..Ok then." She said then thinking of how she would word the question. Well she figured why not be blunt about it all. "..So how long did you know that Beryl was going to kill me after she used me?"
The look upon Jeadite's face once the question had been asked was one she couldn't help but laugh at. Her left hand came up covering her mouth as she began to chuckle lightly at the expression and the way Jeadite seemed to be instantly sweating. "..Well I mean I could go ask Beryl as to when she told you such things that is, if you want me to." She waved toward the door as he kind of jumped in his shoes. "..Unless YOU want to tell me it and I can just forget about Beryl."
"..H..how did you find out?" He asked taking the hat off his brow and wiping the sweat that had formed there with his hand placing the hat back on.
"..By your mouth." Destanance said crossing her hands over her chest. "The closet hides people really well that is."
"When?" He then shot out. Rolling her eyes Destanance smirked once again.
"I'm not going to turn you into Beryl Jeadite if that's what your worried about. What you do is your business. I could care less."
"..Such leniency could be counted as treasonous as well," Jeadite then responded as he seemed to calm down a bit, his hands falling to his sides.
"So? What she doesn't know won't hurt, right?" She stated mostly. "..Well anyway why I really am here, though I was sent by the witch herself, is if you want in on a plan I've already got going dealing with the queen herself."
"..What are you talking about?" Jeadite said eyeing her.
"After hearing such statements from yourself I realized the truth and I for one am not one to just sit back and let her kill me. I am royalty from Mars after all."

Mars...

Jeadite's eyes flashed with knowledge. The princess...the princess was from Mars! That was it! That had to be it! Jeadite knew that Destanance was the key that Beryl needed to get her hands on the crystal of the royal family. If Destanance was truly from Mars then why didn't anyone else realize that more then likely that the princess was the scout of Mars. The only way it couldn't be was if she wasn't allowed to suit up and was still hidden in the mass of humans on Earth.
"..Are you alright?" Destanance broke in breaking Jeadite's thoughts which had been storming across his mind. Rubbing his head he nodded.
"Sorry..it's just I remembered something I had to do." He lied.
"Well then," She said not skipping a beat. "I just came by to ask you if you wanted in, thats all."
"..What kind of plan?" Jeadite said hesitantly. He knew that Destanance could be as twisted as the queen herself at times.
"A devious one, that's what." Destanance said with a growing twisted smile spreading across her features, almost freighting the man himself. Then he knew partially at what he was getting himself into.

Only partially though. Only the devil himself could possibly know what was going through her mind.

************************************************************ **************

Nephlite yawned gazing out the window of their apartment. Turning his head he saw Kunzite out of the corner of his eye tapping on keys of the piano he had to bring into the apartment. Rolling his eyes Nephlite turned and gazed out at the city a bit trying to get any readings of whom might be a houser of a rainbow crystal in Tokyo. Though nothing seemed to be coming up about it as he searched the city mentally. Sure he could feel other creatures that Beryl had sent to help them out with the search. Their job was to cause havoc and randomly search people around them to see if they could get lucky and find someone. Of course Beryl could care less about if they actually found one of the rainbow crystal carriers. She could also really care less if they where killed by the scouts whom where slowly taking them out. They where minor creatures she had under her control. Turning the red haired man walked passed Kunzite and down the hallway toward his room where he did most of his planning. Opening the door the light came on instantly and he stepped inside closing the door. On his desk there where many maps of the stars, which he thought would aid in his search. The stars held a lot of knowledge in their gaze upon Earth. Sitting down he looked at the maps slowly paging through them all. Stopping he found a map of Orion in the pile and stopped.

Yes...

The constellation of Orion would tell him whom to search now.
Music would never help anyone in the search. Music was for enjoyment Nephlite thought. He couldn't believe that Kunzite, the smart, intelligent, Kunzite had some thought in his mind that his musical scores would help them in the search for the crystals. Not only that but the man himself had decided to start looking for the princess even before Beryl had ordered them to. This aggravated the red haired man beyond belief. With Kunzite looking for the princess AND the crystals it meant he himself would be taking on more of a load to find the crystals so they wouldn't upset the queen. Though he also saw good in Kunzite's thoughts. If he did indeed find the princess before they had found the crystals it meant their search wouldn't have to be so hard. With the princess out of the way it meant they could take their time on finding them all. And in the end if Kunzite's plan didn't work Nephlite could just tell Beryl what had happened and get the man in trouble. So even though he was pissed at the work load he now had, a smile adorned his face at the thoughts of Kunzite being disgraced in front of the entire Negaverse and then killed. He really hated the fact that Beryl didn't send him alone to do such things. It was like she didn't trust him to get the job done. Nephlite knew he would do anything for his queen if she would just ask.

Kunzite sat in front of his grand white piano looking at the pile of papers he was working on writing notes which looked random to an onlooker but was all apart of the grand work that was infused inside his head playing constantly. It would be the song that would be the princess's undoing. It came to him in a dream, the song and idea that is. A shadowy figure had handed him a piece of paper in the dream that was just notes. As he gazed upon the notes in his dream they began to spring off the paper twirling and playing around him.
A smile crept across his face as he looked at the notes once more rechecking what he had written. Yes, this was perfect. If he could get the princess before they found all the crystals his queen would reward him richly. Visions of Beryl standing there crossed his mind as he continued on with his work.
It was well known that Kunzite wasn't like most of the populous of the Negaverse. He did not dream of gold and diamonds like the rest of them. Hell even Nephlite was greedy. He knew that. Though Nephlite wanted gold and diamonds he also wanted the admiration and approval of his queen. He wanted to be held above all else, besides Beryl, in the Negaverse. To be like a king in his own right.

No. Kunzite wasn't like that. He didn't want gold or diamonds. He didn't want to be a king or any higher then he was. Actually he didn't even care if he was in a lesser rank then he held now. What he really wanted was Beryl herself. He didn't want her admiration like Nephlite, he didn't want her power. He just wanted her. And with this plan, and when it worked, he would have her, all to himself, only himself. That's why he was grinning from ear to ear.
Whom ever the shadowy figure was suppose to represent knew their music well. Their music and their magic. For within the notes he was writing was a magic that met to search and destroy the princess. He would only have to play it often to work it's magic. Only a few creatures alive knew such magic, Metallica, the creature who held even more power then Beryl herself, the creature that Beryl was working for, knew such magic. He also figured the Martian woman that Beryl had tricked into working for her as well knew such magic. Though he figured out of the two Metallica would be the one to give him such a plan. Destanance was just around for the crystal, everyone but the woman herself knew that.
Setting the quill down he gazed at the paper, the music playing perfectly in his mind once more. After he finished this page he would work on the crystals though he left most of that to Nephlite since he was do determined to prove himself to his queen. Kunzite was never one to be outdone. Especially when it came to his queen. The ends of his lips turned down in a frown as he turned his head toward the door toward Nephlite's room. A faint light glowing from the crack from the floor to the bottom of the door. No. Beryl was his and nobody would try and outdo him. Nobody could because he knew in the end that Beryl would be his and nobody could get close enough to her to even gaze at her face unless he allowed it.

Yes. Beryl was meant to be his. She was his queen. Only his. And that is how it was going to be. Anyone would tried to change that would be dealt with accordantly.

***************************************************** ************

Demos sat quietly in the corner with the rest of the cats though most of them besides herself where asleep. The girls where just finishing up a study session which didn't really need them to be awake for. If the study session went into an unofficial scout meeting them she was to wake both Luna, and Artemis up. Hades was awake though he was sitting on the windowsill looking out up at the stars. Though she shared the temple grounds with the male cat she didn't talk with him much. He was really a loner most of the time. Tended to walk around by himself around the grounds, ate by himself after she had eaten. Even talked to the girls by himself. She had caught the purple cat a few times talking with them quietly though their conversations where also quick. Demos knew it was because he had grown up an ally cat. She could only imagine what it was like to be an ally cat all your life then be brought into a loving family that won't hurt you like you where when you where just trying to survive. Herself of course had many families before she met up with Raye. Most of those families though either left her abandoned somewhere later on in her life with them, left her in a animal shelter where she would be adopted, or like the last time she ran away. She had seen Raye one day walking to her temple from school and knew that is who she was suppose to help and teach. Of course the events she had thought about did leave scares in her but she guessed nothing compared to being an ally cat. That's why she had grown really cautious around him. He always seemed to be guarding himself around her and even Hotaru and Raye.
"..You can stop staring.." She heard a small voice mutter. Blinking Demos realized it was Hades who had spoken, and not any of the girls. They where talking about boys and school at the moment.
"..Sorry." She said looking down and curling up as she was going to go to bed. Demos figured that if something did come up the girls or Hades would be so kind to wake her and the other two sleeping cats.
"..You want to talk to me, it's ok." Hades then said not even moving once again to even look at her. Demos looking up stood up from her spot and leapt up to where he sat facing away from her after thinking about the offer he had given her.
Turning his head slightly he glanced at the red cat who was looking out, he figured trying to look at what he was looking at. She was really easy to read. Much like the Serena girl behind him. A smile adorned his face as he laughed a bit at her ignorance. "I wasn't looking at anything really, just at everything if you must know." Blinking she looked down again. He figured if she where human she would be as bright as her fur was. Chuckling a bit he gazed back up at the stars. "Just nothing really to do now that I have a home. Normally I'm hunting this time of night in that ally you found me in."
"I see," She said quietly. "I was just wondering what you where doing. You always seem to be somewhere else."
"Just thinking I guess," Hades said looking down at her studying her face for a moment then looking back out at the yard in front of the temple. "Of the difference, that is, of being an ally cat and being a domestic cat as the humans called you and the other two."
"..Your not an ally cat anymore," Demos said sitting up beside him. "You've got a home now, and you've found your purpose in life."
"..Yes and no." He said turning his head looking at her face which was eye level to him now. "The life of an ally cat is one you can never walk away from. It's molded me as I'm sure you've noticed around the temple. I keep to myself and only talk when needed. Those traits are because of me being brought up as an ally cat. I'm finding myself fighting the urge to run." He took a deep breath and looked away from Demos toward his battered and beaten coat. "I even look like an ally cat."
"Well if your worried about your coat, Hotaru is taking care of that with the nightly brushings that mind you you always try and run from." She laughed. "Your coat will take time to mend but it will come back. The other things can be changed though it will take time of course."

She really was a fool, wasn't she, he thought eyeing her again. Geez. Shaking his head he just laughed a bit as she looked at him questioning.
"..It's nothing," He said. "But you do know I won't leave. You where right about the purpose thing. At least here I'm safe from the dogs, the humans that hate ally cats, and the other cats who want my ally. I'm sure my old ally's been full of fights between the other cats trying to claim territory." Hades began to lay down a bit. "..Besides the free food is what this is all worth it."

That made Demos laugh a bit.

Luna's eye cracked open seeing the two cats talking on the windowsill to their right. Yawning she ignored the urge to go back to sleep. Turning her head she looked at the time upon the wall and a sweat drop came upon her brow. It was already past 9?! Why didn't anybody wake her or notice! Growling lightly which awoke Artemis beside her as he stirred and sat up.
"What's got you?" He asked using his tail to wipe his eyes a bit.
"The time," She stated standing up and began to stretch out waking up the rest of her body so she could move better. "Those girls couldn't tell time even if it was the answer to all our problems with Beryl and the others."
Grumbling she gazed around the room once more realizing that Raye was back in the room once more. She had fallen asleep before the miko had come back in. She knew though that Raye wasn't one to stay away from them long. Luna had figured she left to cool her head which was a good thing.
Artemis decided to not sleep as well, mainly because he knew what Luna was going to do and he couldn't be asleep anymore. He knew that Luna was going to hop on the table like she always did when the study sessions or little parties, what ever you would call them that night, went past Serena's curfew and send everyone home for school the next day. That would mean Mina would be leaving and that meant he would have to go as well. That is why he couldn't sleep. To bad Luna wasn't like Demos in her laid back ways. Actually Raye needed that type of cat around her. She always seemed to be wound up a whole lot. If she had gotten a bad draw and had a cat like Luna as her guardian/trainer Artemis figured that the scout of Mars would explode somehow.

So why the heck did he love Luna like he did?! She was the opposite of him in almost every way and yet somehow during all their fights and arguments on how they should teach the scouts and the memory issue he had grown to love the black cat. That puzzled him beyond compare as he watched her form walking toward the table like most nights.
Turning his head he gazed at the other two cats wondering what they where talking about. He didn't know what to make of them really. Of course in the other time line they hadn't been there. It had just been Luna and himself helping the scouts in their journeys. So his mind wondered why they where left out in the other time line. Why was it so significant that they weren't there to help. Artemis wasn't stupid. What ever it was that had caused all this confusion had purposely left the two cats out for a good reason. Was it that they knew something about the princess?
Shaking his head he began to stretch as Luna announced it was time to break the study session up and they should all start heading home. The girls began to gather their things in front of him as he shook his head trying to wake up completely. Luna returned next to him as the two other cats came down from their perch on the window watching the girls pack their books in their bags.
"You think they got anything done tonight?" Demos asked quietly.
"Hardly," Luna said.
"This is what it was like every night in that other time line?" Hades asked then. Artemis was the one to answer this.
"Yeah, every night unless attacked by something," He said.
"Then how the heck do they learn anything?" Hades asked.
"I've been wondering that same thing for years now," Luna chuckled.
"Well I'm sure they get something from these study sessions or they wouldn't have made it past the entrance exams for high school like you guys said," Demos stated.
"You just like looking on the bright side," Hades then muttered toward the red cat who stuck her tongue out at him.
"Time to go Artemis!" Mina's cheerful voice called out beaconing the white cat who said goodbye to the group and headed out behind Mina as she gave everyone a hug and left the temple.
Luna had to go after that of course Serena following Mina out the door leaving Hades and Demos by themselves in the corner.
"Well I'm going to Hota..er I mean Chelsy's room to go to bed finally," Hades said saying goodnight to Demos and leaving her by herself.
A slight smile came upon her features. She didn't know why she seemed in a good mood then, maybe it was because for the first time her little group, the cats that was, seemed to be finally acting like a team. Yawning she turned around and headed toward the bed that Luna and Artemis had been sharing as they slept. The one bought for her by Raye and Hotaru. Hades had one in Hotaru's room as well. Twirling around a bit she settled in saying her goodnights to Raye and slipping off to sleep once again.

Raye sighed shaking her head seeing Demos now sleeping and began to clean up her room with the help of Hotaru. It had been a long study session, but then again with Amy not showing up till past 7 and they looking for her they didn't get started till past 8. Raye yawned looking over at Hotaru who, because Hades had been in the window and said he would tell them if there was any movement out there and the fact Raye's door had stayed closed unless the girls needed to go get something or bathroom breaks, was in her natural form. The shorter girl sent her a shy smile as she moved the table out of Raye's walk way and put the pillows on top of it for later use.
"Why don't you want the others to know of your date with Darien?" Hotaru asked blinking at Raye as she sat down on her bed relaxing a bit. That question made Raye sigh and rub the side of her face as she thought.
"..Well I don't want them assuming anything really. It was said the princess would be the one that was destined for Darien..and well I'm not the princess so I don't want that assumption upon my shoulders." Raye reached down pulling off her sandals as she spoke the words and set them aside her night stand.
"..But no where did it say that you couldn't be the princess," Hotaru said innocently which bugged the miko.
"I'm not." Raye stated. "..I just can't be Hotaru. I don't feel like a princess. Heck right now I feel run down and tired with everything going on."
Hotaru stood there a few moments longer thinking over what Raye had said. She really didn't buy it though. Raye had an equal chance like the rest of them to be the princess. The Darien factor could just be a minor thing. Any one of the scouts could be her that is if the the princess is one of the scouts. She could be someone totally different. Nothing said that she HAD to be a scout. They all just assumed that because of the past life that she would be one of them. Tomorrow Darien could run into a woman and fall deeply in love with her like everyone says about destiny and the fact that Darien and Raye dated would be a minuet thing like the stories about them dating in the other time line as well. Shrugging her shoulders Hotaru turned to give Raye her privacy to change.
"Goodnight Raye," Hotaru said pulling out her pen and transforming into Chelsy.
"Goodnight," Raye said in return as the smaller girl left her room, shutting the door behind her and heading toward her room quietly. She could hear the sounds of Chad sleep talking in the room next to her which made her laugh. Walking in the already opened door she walked over and began to get ready for bed, slipping off her kimno. Yes tonight and today especially was a long one. She couldn't wait to sleep.

*********************************************************** ******

"..I just can't believe it.." Mina muttered walking down the street giggling thinking about Raye and Darien at the time. "Do you think Raye could be the princess?" Turning she looked at the half asleep white cat beside her whom was ignoring her chattering. Frowning Mina looked back up ignoring the grumpy cat as she thought about it all. "That means Raye would be the princess and Mars would be the home planet. That means I lived on Mars at one time. I wonder if the Martian boys where cute..." Giggling again she walked down the street heading back to her house.
The scout of Venus or the Goddess of Love as she called herself when the mention of boyfriends and love lives came into play could never resist such melding. Even though she was single herself Mina never let it get to her very much. She figured one day the goddess of love would find her own prince and then everything would be perfect in her life. Till then she would just help the others with their love ignorance. It was her mission to help her friends. Yes! She Mina, aka Sailor V, aka Sailor Venus, aka goddess of love would help everyone till they had found their destined loves so she could settle down and find herself a man.
Mina knew that everyone had a destined love. They had to! Why wouldn't there be someone out there for everyone? There had to be.
Sighing happily Mina began to skip lightly still keeping an eye out for monsters and things that might want to destroy her happy mood. Nobody would be allowed to do that, not even Artemis whom was being fully ignored at this point. "You shouldn't be so grumpy Artemis! It'll give you wrinkles." She stated looking down at the cat who just rolled his eyes and continued down the street ahead of her, keeping an eye out more then her for monsters or men who might want to do some harm to the blonde behind him. "You need to sleep more!" She shouted making the cat stop and turn his head around sticking out his tongue at the scout of Venus then continued walking ahead of her as she shrugged her shoulders and began walking as well.
The thought of the dream of Kunzite entered her mind again, like it had done many times after she had had it. The silver haired man was very familiar to her of course. She knew the name of the man even before Luna could explain whom it was. Maybe Kunzite was her love? It would be nice to know if he was. Sighing happily Mina thought about the silver haired man once more. Well Jeadite always seemed to favor Serena, not telling Beryl even their identities. So why couldn't she have a double agent boyfriend? The thought about all the adventures they could have excited her. It would be like a movie! A wonderful love story movie where the heroine meets an evil man in disguise and they both fall desperately in love with each other even with all the chaos around them. Their love eventually converting the evil man to good and everyone living happily ever after.

Yes, Mina would definitely like that.

So she decided that from now and out she would try and convert Kunzite if she ever met him in this time line and life to her side, seducing him to their side.
She couldn't help but bubble with excitement. This was much better then a movie because this was happening to her. Who ever said that they couldn't convert the generals? Serena had had success with Jeadite...though with the way Serena talked about it she didn't have to convert him to their side: he was already that way.
Well it didn't matter anymore. She was going to do it and thats all that mattered. There was no reason why she couldn't. Why should she be the only one without a boyfriend?

Well there was still Lita.

But Mina was sure she would find someone as well. Lita was really cool. What guy wouldn't want her to be his girlfriend?
Stopping she realized she was already at her door to the house she lived in. Yawning a bit she walked over, using the keys she had on her unlocking the door and letting herself and Artemis in. She couldn't wait for tomorrow and the things that could come with it. In Mina's eyes tomorrow was always bright and sunny full of hopes and the chance for new love wether or not grumpy Artemis agreed with her logic.

*********************************************************** *********

Darien had returned home not but five minutes ago. Work with those old woman had turned out to have been more fun then he expected. Of course with that confusing episode with Raye and the whole girlfriend out of his mind for the moment the man slipped off his shoes and placed on his comforting slippers heading toward the kitchen to make some tea before he showered and headed to bed. Tomorrow he had off which was nice to hear for Darien from the supervisor. He had been working a lot this past few days to make up the hours that he had missed being sick. Not that Darien minded working. He needed to work those hours so he could pay rent and electricity.
Hiding a yawn with his hand he set the tea kettle that he had filled up on the stove, noticing the letter from 'Jake' whom said he was going out for a bit. Darien really didn't care where Jeadite went or when he would come back. He didn't care if Jeadite just left. Right now he was just being nice and letting the traitor stay at his apartment. He just hoped that Jeadite wasn't pulling his leg. If the man was he was going to kill him himself.
"Miss me?" Jeadite's voice broke out behind him. Turning his head he saw the blonde man standing there with some sorta goofy smile upon his features.
"What do you want?" Darien muttered pulling the tea kettle from the stove and reaching for a packet of tea.
"O..nothing," Jeadite said. "Went out to bug Serena but never saw her around."
"Yeah it's usually study group tonight," Darien said yawning again. "She's at the temple with the other girls."
"Ahh that's why," Jeadite said reaching up and grabbing a cup and pouring some of the hot water from his kettle and started making himself some tea beside Darien. "Well I've got some information to pass on to you."
"Yeah?" He asked eyeing him wondering what it could be.
"For one don't go to the movies anytime soon, I was meaning to tell you this. You can tell the other scouts about it. Beryl has some energy gathering plan in effect at that cinema you guys always go to." Jeadite pulled on the string attached to the bag helping the tea bag seep faster.
"When did this happen? Well what I mean is when did she start that?"
"O a few days ago," Jeadite muttered taking a sip of his tea. "You might want to stop that."
"Yeah," Darien muttered taking his tea bag out of the cup and throwing it into the trash like Jeadite had done. "Anything else I need to know?"
"Yeah actually," Jeadite said. "See I've decided to pull fully away from Beryl and the Negaverse finally."
"Well good for you, do you want a party or something?" Darien said sarcastically. Right now he wasn't in a good mood after hearing about the movie situation. That meant another battle they would have to do to keep mankind safe.
"Well that could be after all this but the fact is is that a friend of mine and myself need to be healed from Beryl's spell."
"..A friend?" Darien asked eyeing him once again.
"Yeah Zoicite has had it as well with Beryl. He wants to join up with you as well."
"You mean one of Beryl's generals much like yourself Zoicite?" Darien asked looking about looking for the man to pop in to bug him as well. Right now he wasn't in the mood for another of Beryl's rejects coming to him for help. Jeadite nodded. "Well then where is he?"
"He's dealing with something, I've instructed him to call me once he's done." Jeadite said. Darien nodded walking in the living room sitting on the couch trying to relax a bit. "Anyway first of all I need you to talk with the rest of the scouts to set it up so Sailor Mars can heal us so Beryl can call us back forcibly if she gets wind of it all."
"..Ok," Darien said feeling like there was something Jeadite was about to ask that he wasn't going to be entirely ok with next.
"..And we need a place to stay," Jeadite then added which made Darien's anger flare a bit before he settled it down.
"..So your asking ME to give you two runaway outlaws a place to stay? Why can't you just stay where you where living?" He asked though he knew the response to both questions. Of course Jeadite would ask him, he had asked him to let him sleep on the couch a few days before, so why not ask him for a room?
"..Yes I am, and the fact is is that Beryl knows where the other apartment is. Once she gets word that we have indeed committed treason and ran she's going to send goons after us and we need somewhere that she doesn't know about."
"..Like my place.." Darien sighed in frustration. Why couldn't they just go phase a place to live? Something though told him that they probably wouldn't be able to. Another nod came from Jeadite.
"..Since you have that extra bedroom full of boxes I thought you could let us use it, of course we would get jobs and help you pay rent on this place if you do." Jeadite offered.
It was tempting to Darien. It was hard enough to go to college, work enough to pay rent on this place, and help the scouts when needed. At least with them living here and if they both did get jobs and helped it would mean 2/3's of the money needed normally by him wouldn't be his responsibility. That all meant he could afford to cut back his hours at the restaurant he worked at and have more time for scouts and school. With them also living under his roof he could keep an eye on them so if this was some sorta trick then he could bust them himself.

It was just to tempting an offer to pass up.

"Ok." Darien stated. "As long as you and Zoicite help with rent and living expenses here, split evenly between us three and you and Zoicite share the one room. I get to keep my own." Finishing off his tea he looked up at Jeadite who seemed all for what he had just stated.
Darien just hoped that it wouldn't be to hard getting them both jobs because he was sure he was going to have to help them with that.
"Ok then," Jeadite said putting a hand out to shake on the agreement.
Darien clasped it and with one firm shake the plan was set. Now all they had to do was wait for Zoicite to explain the situation with.

************************************************************ ***************

Walking outside her apartment Amy yawned pulling out the key that was in her bag, getting ready to use it once in front of her door. Stifling another yawn she grabbed at the door to the apartment complex her mother and her lived in. Swinging it open she was about to go inside when she heard some hurrying footsteps heading toward her. Wondering of course what was going on, if her help was needed she turned letting the door behind her shut.
"..Amy!" Zach's voice called out startling her. She had grown used to the cold of the wintery night and the quietness it brought to the city.
"..What's wrong Zach?" She asked turning fulling toward the heavily breathing man. The sweat pouring off his face told her he had been running far to get here in the time he had.
"..I...I...have something...to...tell you...once..I've caught...my breath," He huffed leaning down on his knees.
"You shouldn't have been running in the cold!" Amy said taking his arm and pulling it toward her. "Come on, you can warm up in the apartment. I'm sure mothers awake still, just probably gotten back from her shift at the hospital. She'd be glad to see you." Amy smiled looking at him.
"..No." Zach said pulling away from her. "We've got to talk, and it can't be in front of anyone." His voice was serious.
Amy's heart jumped in fear at what he was speaking. Could it be...? Could Zach be breaking up with her?! No. Zach couldn't want to break up with her, now could he? The thought of that made a flurry of emotions buzz around in her heart and head. Never had Amy had to deal with such a situation. She didn't know how to react. If he did, how was she going to take it?

Why would he want to?! They where just fine today talking!

"What's going on?" Amy's words came out harsher and quicker then she had meant them to as she stood fully in front of the man. Her heart was dyeing to hear what he had to say to her in private. Sure the street wasn't very private but compared to the halls of her apartment complex or even her apartment itself it was the best she could do...well that she could think of.
Her head was so mixed up now. She just wanted to scream at him to hurry up and put her worries to rest about the situation. "..Are you going to break up with me...?" She finally just said it because she couldn't wait any longer. The seconds that seemed to tick by where like agonizing hours to her. She didn't want to break up! Couldn't he see that!

"..Of course not!" He finally said catching his breath and looking at her in shock. "Why would you think such a thing." Zoicite gazed at the girl, the one he was doing all this for. "I really wish what I'm about to say to you was that simple."

Simple?! Amy thought. Break ups where never simple, and he called it simple. Now her head was telling her that a breakup was the least of her worries.
"..Well then..?" She hurried. She was becoming impatient about it all. The normally calm and collective Amy was flustered and worried.

"..First of all what I'm about to tell you you have to listen out on. I did not mean for this to happen, please understand. If I had known or been informed by Jed sooner..." He mumbled thinking back and wondering how long Jeadite did know Amy was Sailor Mercury and if he had used the situation to get himself to turn on Beryl. It didn't matter anymore though. He had to do this. Wether he was tricked by Jeadite to getting close to Amy or if it was an accident it didn't change the fact that he had to tell Amy the truth.

A child?! He has a child with another girl? Amy's thoughts had turned to ones of auditory and murder. Amy's imagination was running wild and having a hay day with the openness of what he had just stated.
"Then what the hell is it?!" Amy shouted then clamping her hands over her mouth instantly once she realized what had gotten out of her mouth without thought. Sighing she took a few breaths dropping her hands to her sides. "What I mean is Zach if you don't tell me now I'm going to scream."

Zach swallowed knowing this was the opening he needed to tell her...

..Well maybe show her was more of an answer.

Either way she'd want proof of him being who he said he was which meant the same thing.
"..Before I show you I just want to tell you that though this form may be a lie, my heart isn't," He said stepping back from her slightly so she could see fully what he was about to do.

Amy blinked. Form?

With that a flurry of black rose petals swirled around Zach melting away his human form so his true form stood before her.

Amy gasped both her hands flying to her mouth dropping her school case realizing what he had meant finally.

********************************************************* ***********

The apartment that Kunzite shared with Nephlite had grown quiet and dark. Glancing over toward Nephlite's room he figured the man was asleep since the glow that had been on and off during the night had finally died out. It meant that either the man was asleep in there or he was out doing things. Either way Kunzite didn't really care.
Turning his head he gazed at the papers in front of him. Kunzite smiled looking at the pages he had written in the short time he had to write. Reaching out with his left hand he shuffled the papers so they where in order once more. Of course he wasn't finished with the composition itself but he wanted to listen to it in case he had gotten something wrong in the early stages of writing. With his right hand he began to tap the ivory keys slowly, building up speed as he continued.
The haunting melody filled the room as if searching for a way out to the outside world, searching. Sliding four papers one after another Kunzite began to play with both hands, tapping the ivory keys ever so slowly in parts to add significance to the notes as if calling out to something more important.
His eyes slowly shut as the music began to overtake his senses and he began to play by the memory given to him in the dream. He was lost to it....

*********************************************************** **********

After slipping in her pajamas and quickly double checking the temple and living quarters Raye had finally gone to sleep. The raven haired miko was unaware to everything outside her dream.
Turning to her side, her ear began to twitch slightly in her sleep, as if hearing something that was to soft to listen to. A hand came up and rubbed the side of her face as if it where just an annoying fly as she slept.
The music Kunzite was playing had found its way to her through the darkness of night and yet she did not seem to be bothered the slightest with it. Maybe it was the fact that she herself was a composer and musician of sorts. She had written scores for her own lyrics many of times in the other time line. Maybe it was the fact that she had miko training and it was going to take a bit more to try such a psychic attack upon her to do any damage. What ever that was really influencing the outcome of the test trial the fact was it wasn't working to well with Raye.

A few doors down the small girl slept quietly before the music had shown itself. Hotaru laid in her bed, door locked, and curtains pulled so no one could accidentally walk in and realize that the girl known as Chelsy was fake. It was really the only guaranteed time during a day that she could be herself without worry though even that worried her because if something slipped up, like the curtain went up by itself or she forgot to lock the door someone could see her and she would have to go back to her father.
Even though she missed her father dearly, she hid it well in front of the scouts so they wouldn't worry to much about her, she didn't want to go back. Not until the princess issue was solved and her father was healed. Only then would she allow herself to go back to her father.
Turning in her bed, she as well began to hear the music but unlike the miko a few doors down, she didn't have any guard against it. Raye was just teaching her some psychic things she could do, very small and weak tricks to start out with. Hotaru whimpered lightly as the sound began to fill her room and her ears. The dream she was having about the girls turned into one of murder and agony, of her father with a bloody knife chasing after her with the gleam of insanity that had driven her to Raye's temple so long ago. The hideous laugh he would give every time he caught her in the dream and began to mercilessly dig the knife in her chest, twisting it.
Hotaru grabbed at her nightshirt as if trying to stop the pain there but to no avail. It was all just a dream and the music itself wouldn't allow her to wake from it. It continued the cycle of murder and pain written within the notes.

Hades's ears twitched slightly as his head arose from the bed he slept on in a corner of Hotaru's room. Yawning he glanced about the room trying to figure out what exactly had awoken him. Him have been an ally cat meant it didn't take much to wake him. It was almost silent in the room and out in the hallways there was no movement he could hear or sense. So he was confused to what had awoken him.
Well till Hotaru began to whimper once more. Standing up fulling he walked over to her bed quietly and hopped up upon it seeing the small girl curled up slowly, one hand scratching at her chest, another waving at something as if trying to keep it away. Tears where flowing from the girls eyes without discretion. Hotaru was having some sorta nightmare. Hades figured that her whimpering must have awoken him. Yawning he began to walk up the side of the bed toward Hotaru's head.
"I guess I should wake her," He muttered quietly placing a paw on her cheek and began to move it, shaking her face lightly.
He sat there doing that and yawning from time to time for a few minutes till he realized that the light movement of that wasn't going to release her from the dream. Frowning he stood up placing both paws on her cheek and began to shake a little more violently then last time. Still that did not awaken Hotaru who's whimpers had grown to almost quiet screams under him.
"..What the.." He muttered pulling back and gazing at the girls face. Usually that is what it took to wake Hotaru in the morning when he wanted out. Sighing he bent down and began to lick with his rough and scaly tongue upon her cheeks and eyes, also cleaning up the tears that where streaked upon her face. After a minute of that he began to spit trying to clean his mouth and then stared at her face puzzled.
That's when his ears twitched again. It was very faint. There was a piano he could hear. Glancing around he knew enough that the piano in the living room that Raye wrote her music on wasn't the cause of the sound he was hearing. Besides Raye wasn't going to be playing piano in the middle of the night.
So maybe someone else? Walking over her he jumped upon the windowsill and pressed his ear against the curtain trying to hear anything. The music didn't grow louder or even softer as he sat there. This puzzled the violet cat even more. Pulling away from the curtain he jumped down and began to circle the room trying to find any indicator to which direction the music was coming from. If he could find that out then maybe Raye could help him find it.
But that was saying that this weird faint piano was the cause of Hotaru's nightmare and the fact he couldn't wake her from it. It could just be a really bad nightmare and the fact Hotaru might be in really deep sleep that he couldn't wake her.
Upon listening closer to the music though he could feel something...some sorta magic as well. He didn't know why he knew this but he knew that the piano and the song where sending out some kind of spell.

That's when the piano and song abruptly stopped.

It was in mid score as well. To Hades ears the piece did not sound finished. Yawning he glanced over at Hotaru who was now sleeping peacefully. The only indicators that she had been having a bad nightmare not but a few moments before where the streaks upon her cheeks from the tears and the scratches he could see peaking out from under the top of her nightgown.
"..Shit.." Hades muttered realizing that something was out to get Hotaru! And since she was his scout to guard and teach, even though he didn't know how or what to teach, he knew it was his responsibility to figure out what was going on. It looked like he wasn't going to be getting any sleep that night in his cat bed. Jumping up on her bed her he curled up at her side, since he couldn't leave with the door locked and window closed. So he would just stay here waiting if that piano started up again. Grumbling Hades closed his eyes and let himself drift off to sleep for the time being. If the music woke him before, he was sure he would awaken again, especially if Hotaru was moving around like she had been. Tomorrow he would ask Demos if she heard anything and if Raye had been having a nightmare as well. He would ask all the cats that tomorrow so he could get some clue as to what exactly was going on around him and if nobody else was affected by the mysterious piano...then why was Hotaru the target?

*****************************************************

Deep in the darkness that was the Tokyo night a haunting twisted laugh began to echo across the barren streets.

It had worked.


***************************************************** **************

Wow....first of all this is my longest chapter to date, beating out chapter 15 by almost double. I can't believe how big this did get. I started out and then one thing led to another...and well it's really big. My point of this chapter was to visit all the influencial characters in the story at least once, giving Mina and Lita face time that they haven't seen in quite a while as well as the cats. Everyone got a chance in the spotlight like they so needed. It's been a few chapters since the twisted aunt Destanance showed up.
Also I love how I wrote Kunzite. He is I guess going very hentai (perverted) but it works well with him and I figured the general that was Mina's boyfriend in the past life would be a little hentai minded. *giggles neverously* After reading what I wrote with Nephlite and Kunzite for the first time I couldn't help but laugh. He definitly has a personality. I like writing his though, it's fun.
I'm trying to give each of the girls and characters an actual personality which has always been a weak point in my writings though this chapter shows that I can do it. Also I do not claim Kunzite searching for the princess using an evil song as my own. That was influenced by the live action series, it works well.
The problem now with Hotaru is leading somewhere I have planned as well though it won't be for a while till what I planned fully takes effect.
Finally Zoicite tells Amy the truth. How will the blue haired scout of Mercury take it? I guess everyone will have to wait till the next chapter to find out where Zoicite and Amy stand.
Yes, all is well in my story. I love where it is going. This is turing out to be one of my longest stories EVER. Pretty soon it will overttake my other story that is the longest ever. Actually all it needs is about 20 more pages on the document I have it saved on and it would have overtaken it! *cheers* The day that finally happens will be the day that I'll have some sorta online party thing on a chat room in yahoo or on my aim messanger. When I get close I'll start planning it and when it happens it'll be announced on my ff.net id.
Please review before you go (most definitly) and as always thanks for taking the time to read one of my stories!