Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Mars Saga ❯ A Missing Comrad ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Version 1.5
Now with Spellcheck!

The Mars Saga
by Candy aka solarsun
Chapter 23: A Missing Comrade

Serena looked worriedly at the clock that adorned Raye's wall in her bed room. This was suppose to be another one of those study sessions/scout meetings.
"Are you sure you gave Amy the right time?" Lita said looking over at Serena who shrugged.
"I said 6, it isn't like Amy to be late," She stated glancing around at all the scouts who where sitting at the small table with their books out and opened to pages that they needed help on. Sure with the past life for Amy, Serena, and Raye they didn't nearly have as much problems as they did back then. Serena actually was one of the highest test scorer in her class, of course Amy was the highest and would always be t he highest. The teachers didn't know what to think comparing when she was thirteen to now when she was fourteen. She had heard some of the teachers talking about the big change in Serena. Some of them thought that she had somehow gotten a hold of every answer sheet for every test and homework assignment that they gave out. Serena just laughed. Sure it was sorta cheating that she had done all the assignments before and knew all that they taught in that school but she wasn't going to tell them how she was doing so well.
Well..right now she had other things on her mind. Amy was never late and now was glaring proof that she was. It was 6:45 right now and there had not been a single peep from the blue haired genius since Serena had called her at her house at 1 o'clock to tell her when the meeting was going to be. Amy didn't seem to be worrying about anything over the phone. She had mentioned that Zach had come with her to her house because he needed to talk to her right after she had left the temple but not a word from her sense.
"Maybe one of us should head over to the apartment," Mina said looking over at all the scouts. "Maybe she didn't get enough sleep last night and took a nap after you called her Serena." Serena looked over at Raye who sat there quite uneasily staring at the workbook absently like her mind was on something else.
"What do you think Raye?" Serena asked. Raye looked up glancing at Serena and then around the table.
"Maybe we should first try calling her, if she did indeed fall asleep for some reason that should wake her up and save one of us the trip over to her apartment." Mina nodded standing up.
"I'll do it!" She proclaimed walking out of Raye's room and into the kitchen to the phone leaving the others to glance around still worried about the blue haired girl.
"Well if there is no answer we should go investigate, all of us," Luna said who was sitting next to Serena.
"I agree with Luna," Hades said who was sitting next to the quiet Hotaru, still dressed up as Chelsy. Hotaru glanced over at the window and sighed. She hoped that the blue haired girl was ok and it was just a case of sleepiness. Though with no sound coming from the kitchen or Mina their worries escalated. Raye was the first one to stand up.
"Well I guess I should change," Raye sighed as Mina walked in shaking her head. She turned her head toward Hotaru/Chelsy. "You too Chelsy." Hotaru nodded and stood up following Raye out of the room.
"Her mother isn't even there," Mina said slumping down next to Lita.
"Ok girls we've got to find out what happened to Amy," Luna said putting her front paws up on the table to look at everyone more easily.
"If there is no sign of trouble at Amy's house I suggest we head to the library," Artemis chimed in. "She might have went to pick up a few books for the study session tonight and got distracted in one." Lita nodded.
"Good idea," She said. Raye came back in after changing into her street clothes and sighed rubbing the side of her head. Not long after Hotaru came in, still dressed as Chelsy, dressed in her street clothes and looked toward Raye.
"Ok then, I guess we should get a move on," Raye said as everyone nodded.

*************************************************

Jeadite sat on Darien's couch thumbing through some of the magazines the prince always got. Darien was out at his job today. Before he had left he told Jeadite that he could make something that was in the cupboard and in the fridge if he was hungry. It was strange that the prince had just really started to trust him so much. But he figured that he had proven himself enough to make the prince realize that there was no danger or harm in him anymore. Even if Zoicite decided to stay with Beryl Jeadite decided enough was enough.
If Zoicite called him to say that he couldn't go against their queen and that he was going to have to give up/kill Amy he would try to talk him out of it..but he guessed he would have to start running from now and out. If Darien decided he could stay in the extra bed room that he had just piles of stuff in then Jeadite didn't need to hide anymore. Maybe he could finally break the spell that Beryl had upon him. Jeadite knew there was something more to everything. He knew that Beryl wasn't his true queen, that somehow, in a time he was forced to forget, he had his loyalties to the prince here. Beryl just treated them like crap so much he knew that Beryl didn't trust him. And his logic was that there had to be a reason why Beryl didn't trust him. Moving his blonde bangs away from his eyes he continued to think about things he would have to do to break from Beryl's hold. One of them was to break the power she held over him. Right now if she felt that he was indeed threatening her she could will him back to the Negaverse with out his permission and kill him on the spot. But of course he knew his queen, though a wary one, to be a very stupid one. So he needed to break the hold she had on him so he could indeed just slip into the crowd so she would never be able to find him unless he wanted her to. Jeadite knew that it had to be done if he where going to go against Beryl openly but his mind now asked him how. How was he going to break away from this hold she had on him and the other three generals? One idea was to use the crystal that the princess had to break the power but the crystal hadn't been restored yet. Actually from what Darien and him talked about last night the scouts, which Darien heard from Raye after he called her this morning, had just gotten the first rainbow crystal out of Greg.
Frowning he stopped on a picture of the scouts that where quite shaded and looked at each of the six figures in the picture trying to remember something from the past. Maybe there was another way he could break free, not from the crystal but maybe from Sailor Mars and her healing ability that she has. It sends the rainbow crystal monsters back to their original form. Maybe that would break the hold Beryl had on him once and for all and he could finally realize his place on this planet before she had somehow tampered with it for her own gain. His eyes settled on the shadow figure he knew as Sailor Mars. It was easy to tell with her strapless heals on. She always stood next to Sailor Moon who even in shadow was easy to tell apart because of her hair though something bothered him about that stance. Part of him wondered why the scout of Mars wasn't in the lead which he didn't even understand why he was asking such a question. Right now with no princess found, it really didn't matter who was leading. Setting the magazine down he leaned back on the couch trying to contemplate how to tell Darien about the new threat with movie theaters so he could forewarn the scouts somehow and the scouts dealing with it without making Beryl suspicious about him being a leak and a double agent or Zoicite. Though Zoicite may be the death of him, if he told Beryl before talking to him about his treacherous ways, he didn't want to get his comrade killed. He knew deep in his heart that if Beryl got any word of treachery in the ranks she would have them both executed in front of the entire Negaverse army as punishment for such rumors, even if Zoicite's part might not be true. Turning his head he looked over at the door and wondered if he should go out, as Jed of course, to see/bug the Lunar princess. A smile crept over his face as he thought about the girl. Part of him couldn't help but bug the poor girl. That was just his way. He loved the temper he got when he pushed her buttons. Deciding there was nothing else to really do Jeadite walked over to the fridge and took a piece of paper in his hands scribbling down something about going to walk about and signing Jake so Darien would know who it was and walked out the door, well phasing through it was more of the term that should be used. He wondered as he walked down the hallway where Serena was so he could just bump into her once again.

*****************************************************
< br> Serena looked over at Lita who shrugged her shoulders wondering what to do. They had entered Amy's apartment via the key they had hidden on the top of the door but found no Amy anywhere in the apartment. There wasn't even anything to make them believe that she had fallen asleep and woken up not but ten minutes ago and somehow left without running into them.
"I don't know...Amy's never like this," Mina said closing the door behind her and sliding the key where it normally sat above the door. "I'm worried guys. She knew we where having a meeting at six so why didn't she come?"
"I don't know," Raye said this time. "She's more punctual then I am most of the time. I can't understand how she can just let this slip by her somehow."
"Maybe something with Zach came up?" Serena then said. "I mean when I was with Darien in the past life I could let a lot of time pass by me without even realizing it." She looked around at the group who was now walking slowly toward the elevator to head to their next spot to check to see if Amy was there which was the library like Artemis had suggested.
"Well that could be it.." Demo's said looking down the halls both ways. "You guys did mention that this was her first real love right?" Everyone nodded around her as she sighed. "Well if that's the case it could be possible that Zach did call and asked her to meet him somewhere for a few minutes. All we know is that she could be at the temple waiting for us right now."
"I told you guys we should have left a person behind just in case she did come," Luna sighed shaking her head.
"It's ok," Mina waved it off. "If Amy thought we where really in trouble she would have contacted us via the communicators by now." Lita nodded beside her.
"Let's just swing by the library just in case though," Artemis added. "Then head back and wait." The group decided that would be the best course of action now and quickly entered the elevator and headed down the building and out the door, still looking for the missing scout of Mercury.

*****************************************************

Looking at the black quarter sized thing in his hand Zoicite sighed once more trying to get the courage up to call Jeadite and talk to him finally. There was a lot of things he had questions to. One of them being why did Jeadite really withhold the information from Beryl. Sure Zoicite had always thought Jeadite was a little to independent from their queen but something told him that it was much more then just that. The way Jeadite spoke of the woman, that he could remember, was like spitting out venom toward someone he hated. Frowning Zoicite clasped the coin and shoved it back in the pocket it had been sitting in. Blinking he gazed warily at the sky trying to figure out himself and where he stood in all this. With what Jeadite had spoken of on times where they had talked the man believed that Beryl wasn't loyal to them at all, and was just using them to further her power in this realm. There where things that Beryl had done that made him believe that half way. Maybe it was the fact that she would kill anybody if she heard they had somehow betrayed her, even though she might not have any proof what so ever to justify such a killing. He had seen many of the killings Beryl performed in front of them to try and provoke fear in their hearts not to mess with her. Beryl seemed to go through henchmen/generals like batteries. So now the question was what was he going to do about all this? Was he going to go against his queen? How the heck could he do that? She had a hold on him and all the other men/woman under her ranks. If he verbally went against her she would have him killed. So..if he didn't go against her, what was he going to do. Well he knew that if he where really loyal he would have to rat Jeadite out for being a traitor and withholding information from her. Zoicite knew he really didn't want to do that either. It wasn't his place to get his comrade/friend killed. He knew that Jeadite knew what he was doing. Everything made him mixed up. He couldn't tell if he was coming or going anymore.
"..*sigh* What to do now.." He mumbled.
"Well it's funny to see you here," A familiar voice said beside him. Looking up he saw Jeadite as his human form Jed standing there, cap on, hands in pockets. "What do I owe the pleasure?"
"The fact I'm still thinking," Zoicite frowned.
"About what?" Jed said sitting down on the park bench beside the man.
"About what the heck I'm going to do, that's what." Zoicite mumbled.
"I'm guessing you got the proof you needed then."
"Yeah," Zoicite sighed.
"So what do you think now?" Jeadite said.
"..I don't know, That's why I'm thinking," Zoicite mumbled shooting a glared look at Jeadite who had a sly smile upon his face as he sat across from him. "..So why are you out of hiding exactly? I could just go tell Beryl and forget about what you told me." Jeadite yawned then looked back up at the sky laughing.
"Actually I was going to find Amy's friend Serena and go and bug her for a while, she's fun to bug actually." He laughed rubbing his hair back and looking over toward Zoicite who was still quite serious still. Frowning Jeadite just glanced back up at the sky taking in the blue that he had grown to love. That was another reason why he couldn't stay with his queen. When she came into power, if she ever did, the beauty around him of Earth would be destroyed. Anything that didn't help the queen in her cause to rule the entire universe would be destroyed.
"..Well I really don't know what to do. There are so many things either way that I would have to do...If I left and went against our queen I would have to some how break free from her spell. If I stayed I would have to announce you as a traitor and watch you die in front of the masses. I really don't know if I want that." Zoicite sighed. Never in his life had he been torn about something so badly. Looking over at his comrade and friend he then turned his head back to his hands which where clasped in front of him holding a picture of Amy, her mother, and him on one of the outings he had taken with the girl.
There was Amy of course to think about in all this. What was he going to do exactly?
"You want to hear the honest truth about the way I feel about this, no barriers put up?" Jeadite said breaking his thoughts. Turning his head he slowly nodded as Jeadite smiled and looked away from him as he gazed out in the street. "Well what I think you should do Zoicite is quite frankly leave Beryl. Approach Amy asking her to get the sailor scouts to heal us so we won't be tied to the queen anymore so she can't kill us easily for being traitors. Then after that gain the scouts friendship and loyalty swearing an oath to the prince of Earth. That's what I think you should do..well I'm going to do but I'm going to approach the prince about it since I've been talking to him already." This alarmed Zoicite greatly. Jeadite was already doing traitorous things, even before he ripped off his relations with Queen Beryl. It had to be one of the most stupid/dangerous things Zoicite could think of. Zoicite thought of leaving but first having the scouts heal him so Beryl wouldn't get word of it from her monsters he was sure she had out spying on them.
"..You can't be serious?!" Zoicite sat up quickly toward Jeadite wide eyed at what he had just been told to him.
"I am Zoicite. I see no future with Beryl but with the scouts I see a bright future with the woman that we seem to have gotten close with," He smiled looking down at the picture Zoicite held in his hands and who frowned pulling the picture away from his eyes. Zoicite didn't know what to do. Everything was happening so fast with this.
"..I just don't know yet.." Zoicite said. "What if Beryl some how figures out this and kills us."
"Well you know she's going to kill us one day anyway, she doesn't care for us at all." Jeadite responded leaving Zoicite speechless. It was true though. Beryl didn't care for them. Actually she couldn't care less.
"You know she's going to send people to find us so she can kill us herself," Zoicite then added.
"Well for one she won't send anyone to big for the job, she can't afford it. For another I believe we have naturally occurring powers of our own masked by the ones given to us by Beryl. We won't be defenseless. Besides the scouts should be on our side anyway. I can see that they would gladly heal us so they don't have to deal with us anymore." Jeadite rattled off. Part of what he said was true to Zoicite though. He had a feeling that they did have some sorta power before Beryl had found them..though he didn't even believe she had just "found" them. He was told by Beryl that she had so he had believed it at first. Now..now he didn't know what to believe. Part of his mind was bugging him like an itch that could never go away, no mater how much you scratched at it. It was telling him there was something else to this picture, something that he had forgotten. Zoicite really wished he knew what it was so it would stop bugging him. Everything was bugging him now a days.
That's when Jeadite stood up from the chair.
"Well in any case I'm going to bring it up to the prince tonight about being healed. I'm going to aim for tomorrow to be healed fully. If you want in just contact me. If not then your on your own and this will probably be the last time we can talk on friendly terms." He said turning and looking at Zoicite sitting there. "I wish the best of luck with what ever you choose but if it's to go against the scouts from now and out well I don't." With that and a wave of the hand Jeadite headed off across the street without another word leaving Zoicite there to think about all that was said openly for the first time leaving him even more bewildered about everything.
"What am I going to do..?" He mumbled.

******************************************************

Kunzite and Nephlite where having problems of their own. For one Beryl had gotten word that the scouts had gotten one of the rainbow crystals even before they could have set up camp to sorta search out the candidates for the pieces. So Beryl was now breathing down their backs as they sat in their newly converted apartment that they had gotten. Kunzite looked over at Nephlite who was sitting in a window seat looking out at the busy street in front of them.
"Were going to have to start soon," Kunzite said looking away from his partner in this and down at the piano he had phased in not to long ago to help him think and find the crystals. "Beryl will have our heads if we don't."
"I know that," The red haired man said glaring at the silver haired one. "But she has other things to worry about, like the other two generals. She's really been having difficulty with them, though their latest plan seems to have her happy enough." He then looked back out at the street. "I really don't see how were going to find six other people in a town this big quickly."
"Well we're going to have to," Kunzite muttered sitting down at his bench and began to pluck at some of the ivory keys on the keyboard. It was a grand piano, a stark white one much like his hair. It played a very haunting melody but Kunzite wouldn't have it any other way when it came to playing his master pieces. A haunting melody was how he described what he did. Turning his head he looked back at the man that was assigned to help him in the search. He really didn't like what his Beryl had decided to do but she was his queen and he wasn't going to fight such a decision when she could have him killed...well right now he couldn't but he had plans to change such matters. 'Whatever...' His mind wondered touching the top of the piano. 'As long as the job gets done it doesn't matter how it gets done...as long as she's mine in the end.'
Nephlite on the other hand was thinking about other things. There was a rumor going on in the ranks that his two other generals weren't being..well how you say loyal. Whispers told a story that one of the men had fallen desperately in love with one of the scouts during a battle. After that he had vowed to become a double agent for the scouts dragging the other man with him. Of course the rumor was about Jeadite and Nephlite, the only other generals in Beryl's ranks that where in the middle of something right now. Of course he himself would love to go over and find out for himself about his comrade's alignment but Beryl made it clear that neither one of the men could possibly know about what they where doing. But such rumors never got to Beryl's ears unless they found some justification somewhere or someone in the ranks didn't like the men. As far as Nephlite knew everyone seemed to be ok with Jeadite and Zoicite so he didn't see that happening any time soon. All and all his mind wasn't where it should have been considering Beryl was breathing down their next to find the next crystal before the scouts got to it. Finding the crystal meant the princess would never awaken, which meant Beryl would always be stronger, which meant that eventually they could take over Earth and the universe after the scouts where finally disposed of.
"..Stupid politics.." He hissed quietly as he crossed his arms over his chest gripping at the cloth that was his jacket. He truly hated internal politics when it came to such matters. Of course that didn't stop his pursuit of the standing he really wanted in the ranks. Beryl should have realized with such a matter he could have done it himself. In any case it didn't matter. In the end he would prove himself to her and get the rank he wanted...no he deserved and leave Kunzite behind with the rest of them.
He had his maps and charts of the stars to start searching. That's all Nephlite needed.
Kunzite had other things in mind though. In his mind a plan was already forming from a dream given to him with a piece that would stop all the foolish hiding. Two pieces though where in his mind one to seek out the next crystal carrier with Nephlite or without him and the other to seek the princess herself. His queen hadn't instructed him to do such things but he knew that if he did indeed pull it off that he would finally be given the one thing that he truly wanted. Reaching out he began to play a melody. One he had composed himself to get him strength in such times. He was going to show his queen that such a job could be done without the help of others.

*******************************************************

Wiping his hands off on the apron he was wearing Darien turned his head to the group that he was serving, walking about and asking if they needed anything or if their dinner was ok. Today had been a long day, but on Sunday's it normally was a long day. All the old folks of Tokyo seemed to come and gather at the restaurant to eat a nice Sunday meal after church and such. There where laughs and talking all around the place as he walked around.
"Sir!" An older woman's voice called out. Darien turned and smiled walking up to the table of five old woman who where all smiles.
"Yes? Is there anything I can help you with?" He asked.
"Yes, Agnes here thinks that her new hat looks good on her though the rest of us think that she should have spent her money on something better." The woman on the left side of the booth brought out a giant hat for him to look at as she put it on her head.
"I think you guys are just jealous," Agnes muttered patting her hair under the hat.
"Well I think it looks good on her," Darien chuckled a bit. "Though maybe they wish to have a hat like that." Agnes began to laugh a bit as she took the hat off.
"He's a sweet talker," She said. "I bet your girlfriend hates to see you leave to work here." Everyone else laughed as Darien just smiled thinking about what they had just said. It had been a few days since he had visited Raye and the others...

..wait a minute. She said girlfriend and the first thing that came to his mind was Raye. Raye wasn't his girlfriend, right? This was really confusing Darien. Sure Darien felt a strong connection to the fiery temple miko, more so then the other timeline but they where no where near girlfriend/boyfriend yet. He really needed to stop thinking that way or he might do something that will anger the girl in question.
Smiling he excused himself from the company of the women and headed to the kitchen to take some orders to the people who had ordered them. Pushing the thought off his mind he tried to keep himself busy so it wouldn't worry him so much.

*********************************************************

Here is another one of my chapters! What happened to Amy?! Well I know but your going to have to wait for the next chapter, Mahahahahaha! Yes everything is going as I have planned. Though, like I said many of times, most of the time I start writing a chapter with very little idea what's going to happen during it I do have an idea of where I want it to go. Do you like how everything is going? I have other things planned for the series as well, perfect twists and turns that I bet nobody could guess. Yes! I can't wait!
Well thanks for taking the time to read one of my stories and please review before you go. I really love your reviews.