Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ A Spider's Bite ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CAHPTER THREE
 
 
Phantom Ganon was making his report to Ganondorf. “As much as I refuse to believe it, it seem the Hero of time has been awakened.” Said Gannondorf. “We must destroy him and obtain his Tri-Force of Courage.”
 
Phantom bowed to his master. “And what of the Sailor scouts who now possess the sages powers?” he asked. “Shall we do away with them as well?”
 
“Of course.” Replied Ganon. “Anyone who is friend to my enemy is also my enemy, and therefore must be annihilated. I trust you have a plan Phantom Gannon.”
 
“Indeed I do, My lord.” Phantom said. “Even though you don't not posses what you seek now, the human energy we collect from Earth will still make our forces ever stronger.”
 
“I have already launched my Minion the Skulltula to hunt down his prey.”
 
“Good!” said Ganon, “Now go gather the energy, and do not fail me again.”
 
Meanwhile
 
Serena and Lita ran up the street. “Hurry up Serena, it's out first day on the job.”
 
“Well… you couldn't blame me, I had some school work to catch up on.” Serena panted.
 
“Oh, please…” said Luna. “You got detention for Falling asleep in class again. How do you ever expect to graduate with your type of grades?”
 
Serena didn't answer back the rest of the way, and the three of them made it to Karaoke café dead on time. The crowds weren't very big yet, but they were coming.
 
“About time you two showed up.” Snapped Rei. “Where have you been? We have customers to serve.”
 
Serena began giggling at the sight of Rei in her uniform. “Gee Rei, you look like a house made with a bad hair day.” She joked. Rei's forehead throbbed with anger.
 
“That's right Serena, laugh it up… you won't find it so funny in a minute; You have to wear one too.” She said. Serena stopped laughing.
 
“What? I have to wear one?”
 
Then all the other girls, including Lita came out wearing uniforms alike , but with their respective colors. Mina passed Serena her purple uniform. “Come on Serena, you have to do it.” She said.
 
Serena felt utterly ridiculous in her purple uniform. “Ugh… I feel like I have chores to do.” She complained.
 
“Well I think you look fine.” Said Darien. The girls all turned to see him dressed like a bar tender. Black pants, Vest, bowtie. He sure looked smooth.
 
“Aye, Aye, Aye.” The girls all said with hearts in their eyes. “Wow, Darien, you look like a total stud.” Said Lita. “very handsome too I may add.”
 
Darien rubbed a hand behind his back. “Uh… ha, ha… yeah, sure.”
 
“Ahem.” Came a voice from behind them all. They all turned and saw Link standing there in his street clothes. “As much as I do think you all look great in those outfits myself… we have work to do.”
 
The Girls nodded and took their places. Amy was the greeter and guided the customers to their tables. Lita was in the kitchen with Darien making the treats and stuff.
 
Leaving Rei and Mina to serve the customers. Leaving Serena to do the one thing she could do best without being too much of a klutz… Washing the dishes, but everyone of them had a chance to serve the customers and switch jobs too.
 
A young man was asking for his milkshake. “Come on, come on, I`m late here.” Serena handed him the shake but then realized who she was serving.
 
“Sammy?” she asked.
 
Her brother looked up. “Serena?” he asked. “Whoa… you work here?” he began to laugh. “You look like a total doll face in that outfit.”
 
Serena felt her eyes flare up. “Look just tell me what you're doing here, and I won't charge you extra.” She growled.
 
Sammy told her their mother sent him after school to get some rub on cream for their dad, who got bitten by a spider at work today, and he had plenty of cash left for a quick snack.
 
“Dad, got bitten?” Serena asked.
 
“Yeah… and what's worse, there's been a report of several spider bites all over the city.” Sammy said. “Well, got to go.” And he left.
 
Throughout the rest of the day, up until sundown. The girls and Darien did their work, and then all met with Link in the back room where access was forbad to all others.
 
Since Link was the owner and Manager of the café, he didn't really have to much work. But he did help out once in a while, but what he was really doing the whole time was much more important.
 
He had a small room with a single special computer which he was using to scan the city for any sign of the Five Temples, if there was anything that struck as a clue he scanned it.
 
He also had a fake bookshelf beside that was actually covering a secret room. All they had to do was step behind the door into the light, and they would instantly warp to the Temple of Time.
 
Link told them their was once a way he could play special songs to warp to the six Temples instead, but now that the evil in the Temples were stronger, that seemed pretty useless.
 
Serena told everyone of what Sammy said about spider bites in the city.
 
“Could be just a weird bug going around.” Said Mina. “Either that or we've found trouble brewing up.”
 
Amy suggested they wait a little while before going on about anything. “We can't be sure what it is until all the clues are examined.”
 
“Exactly right, Amy.” Said Link. “A hero only fights defensively, and never goes looking for trouble, unless instructed to do so.”
 
The Big clock on the wall chimed Six; Closing time. The girls and Darien all changed, and headed home. “Aren't you coming, Master.” Asked Artimus.
 
“Hmm? Oh… No, no… I'm just going to catch up on some work.” Said Link. “But remember… the first sign of danger, I'll contact you all so always be ready.”
 
The girls all agreed, even Serena.
 
Link had a song taught to him on Legora by his best friend and former Forest Sage, Saria. (Saur-e-a) A special song that he could use to speak his thoughts through the air itself as a kind of Telepathy.
 
He could talk to the girls and Darien wherever they were by their thought waves, so no one would hear them speaking.
 
 
Amy and Serena walked in the same direction on their way home. “Ooh… I'm going to have these dishpan fingers for a week.” Said Serena.
 
Amy giggled. “You certainly won't make it as a housewife, that's for sure.” She joked. Serena blew her a playful raspberry, but their mood was spoiled by the sounds of a siren.
 
The girls looked up one side of the street, and saw an Ambulance zooming by pretty fast. Then they heard the sound of screeching tires, and looked down the other way of the street…
 
There was a car curving and bending abnormally on the road, and as if the driver was blind as a bat drove straight by the ambulance that slammed right into the back corner of the car and it skidded to a sickening halt.
 
“Oh, may goodness!” Serena Amy cried.
 
They saw one of two men driving the ambulance step out and check the car driver's condition. “Hey, Jerry… We need the wheels, quick!”
 
The two men grabbed the small wheel-bed. “Did we hit her that hard?”
 
“No, it looks like another one of those Weird Bites.”
 
Amy and Serena rushed over to get a closer look. The Driver appeared to be a teenage girl, and she had a big ugly looking bump on her forehead, but she looked rather whacked out.
 
“Yeah, it's another one alright.”
 
“Oh, man over fifty--What the Hell's going on here?!” The two men gently wheeled the girl to the ambulance and drove away.
 
“I didn't want to believe it… but maybe Sammy was right.” Said Serena. “Maybe there is something weird going on.”
 
Amy nodded. “Come on, my apartments down the next block, we've got to warn the others.” She said, and off the went.
 
What they didn't notice was the rather large spider crawling about on the lamppost they were just near. It slid down the post and slowly made it's way into the alley way where a much LARGER one was gather up spiders from all over the town.
 
“Yes… come my children.” He hissed. “Come bring the energy you've stolen.”
 
Skulltula, the giant spider. Sent the smaller skultulla's out into the town to leave a bite mark on the humans. The bites transferred the energy to Phantom Ganon who collected it for Ganondorf, and tending care for them only makes them grow bigger and drain faster.
 
One by one the spiders crawled through one end of a glowing sphere, transferred the small energy they collected, and came back out to search for more.
 
“Master, everything is going well according to plan.” Skulltula said into the Sphere.
 
“Good.” Phantom's voice echoed softly, “I'm most impressed by all you've done. Keep it up and I will see that you are amply rewarded.”
 
The ball of energy was glowing brighter than ever before. “Heh, heh, heh, Ha, ha, ha, Ah, ah, ah!!”
 
The next morning
 
It was Saturday, and of course that meant the girls didn't have to get up early; not even Serena, but Mina got up anyways.
 
She fixed herself some breakfast and gave Artimus some warmed up tuna fish. “There you go, enjoy.” she said.
 
Artimus sniffed the delicate aroma and purred like the cat he was; unaware that right behind him something with eight legs was crawling up to him.
 
Artimus' tongue was just a millimeter away from enjoying his breakfast when. “Ouch!” he cried and fell down on his stomach.
 
“What? What is it?” asked Mina.
 
“Something just bit me.” Replied Artimus, and he began scratching on the big red spot on his side as if he had an really nasty flea in his fur. But the spot only seemed to get bigger the more he scratched it.
 
“Artimus, quit scratching it.” Said Mina.
 
“I can't stop, It's really bugging me.” And then he suddenly began to feel all funny. “Whoa… I'm beginning to feel a little woozy…. Dopey.”
 
“Artimus…?”
 
Then he collapsed.
 
“Artimus!”
 
 
Mina called everyone over, especially Amy. Although she was studying to be a Doctor and not a Vet, she did know a thing or two about bites, and in her spare-time studied animal health for just such emergencies.
 
“Well… how is he Amy?” asked Mina.
 
“Well, his heartbeat is just fine, but his blood pressure's a little weak, and his temperature is below normal.” Said Amy.
 
Luna moved closer to her sleeping cat friend. “Dear Artimus, what ever is wrong with you?” she asked.
 
Link stared strangely at the big bump on Artimus' back, swearing he saw a mark like that somewhere before. Either way, this was no ordinary bug bite.
 
“Hey guys… come check this out.” Said Rei as she turned on the TV. The News said that half the hospitals in the east part of town were all full with patients suffering from the same wicked bites.
 
“Authorities have no lead as to how these bites are caused, but as Scientists have no cure yet to these mysterious bites, people are advised to take extreme caution either at home or in the streets.”
“Man, talk about a city crisis.” Said Lita. “This is starting to look more and more suspicious.”
 
Serena looked confused. “Uh… what do you mean suspicious?” she asked. “So there's some bug going around town. So what?”
 
“Serena, how can you be so thick headed.” snapped Rei. “Look, all we're saying is that there's more to this than meets the eye.”
 
A soft scratching sound coming from the walls suddenly got their attention. “Does anybody else hear that?” asked Link. The girls nodded.
 
“Where's it coming from?” asked Amy.
 
As they got closer, the scratching got louder. “Ooh… I hope it's not mice.” Cried Serena. “I hate mice.”
 
“Oh really, well I hope it is mice.” Said Luna. We all cast a look upon her. “Well, I am a cat after all.”
 
They traced the sound of the scratching to right on the other side of a bedroom door. Lita bravely walked up to it. “Wait, you're not going to… open it, are you?” Serena asked cowardly.
 
“Well, duh! How do you expect us to find what it is?” she slowly turned the knob. “Three… Two… one!” and she weaved it open and the girls all screamed. There on the door spinning in circles was a huge spider with a skull like mask on it.
 
“GET DOWN!!” cried Link. The girls went on the floor in a second and Link slammed hard at the spider. A White explosive type of flash came as the spider feel to floor and vaporized.
 
“Just as I thought! A Skullwalltula.” Link said.
 
“A Skullwall--What?” asked Serena.
 
Link told them about these spider-like creatures from his home planet, and how if they bite you the rash not only looks bad, but the longer it stays on your body, it will slowly begin to drain your energy.
 
“So we were right.” Said Luna. “Ganondorf must be behind all this, but how do we stop the rashes.”
 
“Well, as far as I can remember… the only way to do that is to destroy the one that bit you.” Replied Link.
 
The Girls all turned back to Artimus, and saw that he was perfectly fine. The Rash had gone. Amy checked him over, and his condition was confirmed. “But how do we help the rest of the town?” she asked.
 
“She's right. There must hundreds of these little crawling parasites out there.” Added Rei.
 
Then the news quickly broke into a special bulletin. Eye witnesses said that several people had been walking into the forest near the park, but have not come out, and those who have made it out have traces of a spider's web on them.
 
“Bingo!” said Link. “I think we may have answered your question Rei.” They all decided to head into that forest and investigate. “Let's go!”
 
Meanwhile, in the forest
 
Andrew, from the arcade was taking his girlfriend, Rita on a nice quiet walk through the woods, where he even picked some wild flowers for her.
 
“Andrew… have I ever told you how sweet you are?” she asked playfully.
 
“Yeah… you have.” He answered, “But I like it when you tell me over and over. IT just reminds me of how special you are to me.”
 
“Oh, Andrew…” they were about to share a soft kiss when suddenly they were ensnared by two long insect-like legs and dragged off deeper into the forest.
 
While outside, more and more Skullwalltula's crawled out and began chasing after the people in the park trying to bite at their energy.
 
Link and the girls saw everything from under the footbridge, un-noticed by everyone. “We can't let those insects get at those people.” Cried Mina. “Why not half of us go after the ones in the park while the rest check out the forest?”
 
“Good idea, Mina.” Said Link. “Alright everyone… time to transform.”
 
“RIGHT!” all the girls said.
 
“MOON CRYSTAL POWER… SAGE OF SHADOW!!”
 
“MECURY STAR POWER… SAGE OF WATER!!”
 
“MARS STAR POWER… SAGE OF FIRE!!”
 
JUPITER STAR POWER… SAGE OF FOREST!!”
 
VENUS STAR POWER… SAGE OF SPIRIT!!”
 
One by one each of the girls transformed into the Super Sailor outfits with their new armor, powers and everything else that came with it. Then it was Link's turn.
 
He held his hand in the air as his Tri-force of Courage glowed brightly. “I call upon the power of Light and Courage to become the Hero of time!” he cried. “ECTO PHASE, ACTIVATE!!”
 
The Master sword magically appeared in the pedestal before him, and he pulled it out. Blue light surrounded his body, and he changed into his true form. Pointy elf ears, Green Tunic and stocking cap. White tights, brown boots, and his trusty Hylian shield.
 
Link, and Sailors Jupiter, and Moon ventured into the forest, while Mercury, Venus and Mars dealt with the spiders in the park.
 
“MARS… FIRE… IGNITE!!”
 
“MECURY ICE-BUBBLES… FREEZE!!”
 
“VENUS CRESENT-BEAM… SMASH!!”
 
Over a hundred of the Spiders were taken out, but they were still coming like an army of mice. “Be careful… Don't let them get out!” cried Mars. The others nodded and began crushing some of the spiders by themselves.
 
Andrew, Rita, and a bunch of other victims found themselves stuck in what seemed to be a gigantic spider web deep in the forest. Surrounded by rows of smaller Skulltulas and a Much Larger one stringing himself down overhead.
 
“Heh, heh, heh… So many victims means so much energy for Ganondorf.” It chuckled. “Which one am I going to eat first.” He cast his look upon Rita. “Ahh… You will do just fine my pretty.”
 
Poor Rita was so stuck she could barely move. Andrew was too far along the web to help her, and both of them, like all the others, had web wrapped around their mouths so they couldn't scream.
 
Skulltula lowered himself down closer to Rita with his red eyes glowing madly. “Stop squirming. It only makes the pain hurt even more.” He hissed.
 
Rita was sweating out of fear like crazy. Skulltula's huge fangs were only inches away from her leg…
 
“MOON TIRA MAGIC!!”
 
Sailor Moon threw her Tiara disk, cutting Skulltula's supporting web-string. He fell with a mighty big bump on the ground. “I demand to know who did that!” he growled.
 
Everyone looked ahead and saw the new Super Sailors Moon and Jupiter, alongside another fighter they had never seen before.
 
Link stepped forward. “Don't you know it's not right to play with your food?” he said angrily. The Skulltula growled fiercely at the three heroes before him.
 
Link drew out his sword and held his shield up high. “Guardians of the Earth. Together we win. I am… the Hero of time!”
 
“I am the champion of Justice… Sailor Moon, and in the name of the Moon, and the element of Shadows, I will punish you.”
 
“I'm Sailor Jupiter, and I will punish you on behalf of the Forest!”
 
“Hah… you've got to be kidding me.” Skulltula hissed. “Nevertheless, No puny heroes are going to spoil my mission.” He quickly spun himself another web-string and swung around like Spider-Man. “Coming at You!!”
 
They all barely dodged him as his swung himself around. “Be careful…” Link said “Don't let him bite you!”
 
The girls nodded. “I'll go save the people, you two deal with ugly-face here.” Cried Jupiter and she hopped over towards the web leaving Link and Moon to face Skulltula.
 
“Stop… don't you dare cut my web down!” he yelled, but before he could get any closer. Sailor Moon quickly put one of her new powers to the test.
 
“SHADOW… ZOOMING… STRIKE!!”
 
This maneuver allowed her to become a shadowy figure. This way could travel with the Speed of Darkness, which was faster than the Speed of Light.
 
She quickly zoomed up in fort of Skulltula's path and by Surprise gave him a good swift kick on the skull mask. Skulltula flew clear in the opposite direction, and crashed hard into a tree.
 
“Too slow eight legs!” Sailor Moon mocked.
 
Jupiter made it to the web, but the threads did seem a little too thick and strong, and she couldn't use her Jupiter Thunder in a forest near all those trees, that would be dangerous. She'd have to use one of her newer attacks.
 
“I hope this works.” She said as she concentrated. “FOREST… RAZOR-LEAF… BLOW!!!”
 
Hundreds of razor-sharp leaves blew all over the web, cutting the threads with ease. Jupiter helped the prisoners escape and then ordered them to clear out.
 
“My Victims!” cried Skulltula. “Rotten little Wretches… You'll pay for that!!”
 
“I don't think you're in the position to enforce your wishes.” Said Link. “Just look around you!”
 
Skulltula noticed that he was completely surrounded. No matter where he turned one of the three fighters would be facing his backside… Which Link had informed to the others as the Skulltula's Weak point!
 
“Tie Him Up!” Ordered Link.
 
Sailor Moon threw her Tiara disk and ordered it to bind the huge Spider and squeeze him tight so he couldn't spin another web, and then Jupiter used another one of her new Attacks.
 
“FOREST VINE-WHIP, LASH!! and ensnared the beast with powerful thick vines from all directions making it impossible for him to spin around.
 
Skulltula struggled and weaved about. “Get these Vines off of me!” he bellowed.
 
“Oh, with pleasure!” said Link, and with that his Sword began glowing just like before with a mystical light. “SACRED… MASTER SWORD--” he waved it over his head, “… ATTACK!!” and like a Megazord at a monster, he slashed hard at Skulltula's backside.
 
“NO!!” A white A big flash of energy erupted, and Skulltula began to vaporize in a swarm a green flames. “AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHH!!” and he was gone.
 
Not only that… but outside the rest of the Spiders began to vaporize too. “I guess when we got the big one, we got them all.” Said Mars. “Alright!”
 
Link smiled Heroically and Sheathed his sword.
 
Meanwhile
 
Phantom Ganon was furious. “No… No! How could this happen?” he growled. “Hero of Time will pay dearly for this… and his Sailor Scout friends as well!!”
 
The Next Day
 
Reports had come in that the Spider bites had all vanished so suddenly, and the threat over the city seemed to have been lifted.
 
“Well that's another one of Ganondorf's schemes failed.” Said Link, “But make no mistake, he will try again.”
 
The girls all nodded, and Darien agreed with them even though he wasn't part of the previous fight. “The way I see it… the sooner we find those Five Temples, the better it will be.”
 
“We'll just have to keep one eye out for the Temples, and one eye out for Danger.” Said Lita.
 
“Yeah. I mean who knows how strong these beats can get.” Added Rei.
 
Link was proud to see how quickly his new team was learning about Ganondorf and his minions, and even though it was still just the beginning of things, he was starting to be convinced of their ultimate victory one day.
 
HERO, AND SAILORS SAYS
 
 
Link: “Spiders, they may not be the cutest of bugs, but they're really not all that bad.”
 
Amy: “Most Spiders don't bother us if we don't bother them first, and they eat other insects that we don't want buzzing around our faces.”
 
Mina: “Some Spiders are even trained not to bite, and have their fangs removed, which is why some people even have a pet Tarantula at home.”
 
Serena: “Still it is a good thing to be cautious around any kind of bugs, because some of them can do more than itch you if they bite.”
 
Rei: “If you get bitten by a bug of any kind, you should go to your parents, or someone you can trust.”
 
Lita: “Yeah, and always remember to wear repellent, and longer clothing if you dare go into a bug infested area, especially in the country where there are loads of creepy crawlies.”
 
Link:“But don't forget that some bugs help us keep the world nice and clean, and some even provide us with good things. Like Bees making honey, and Spiders eating bad bugs. That's really a taste of country in the city for you.”
 
(Song at Karaoke Café, with Link, Mina, Rei, and Lita)
 
(Link)
 
See a tree grow through the sidewalk
An amazing thing to see
(Lita)
 
In the city, through the sidewalk
Grows a country kind of tree
(Rei)
 
And the leaves go green in summer
Make a cool and shady space
(Mina)
 
For the people who are passing
And the street's a better place
(All four in brackets)
 
(There is country in the city)
 
(Link)
 
Look around and you will see
(Pigeons pecking on the pavement)
 
(Link)
 
Squirrels running up a tree
(There is country in the city)
(Link)
 
For you and me
Oooooooo
 
See the flowers in some windows
Marigolds and daffodils
(Lita)
 
Like a little piece of country
Sitting on a windowsill
(Rei)
 
Island floating in the traffic
Where the trees and flowers grow
(Mina)
 
Little forest on the rooftop
City farmers down below
 
(There is country in the city)
(Link)
 
Parts with butterflies and bees
(Little lakes with boats for rowing)
 
(Link)
 
Playgrounds with trees
(There is country in the city)
 
(Link)
 
With some buildings in between
(All Four)
 
Find a country in your city
Keep it growing
And growing
Keep it gre
eeeeeeeeeeeeeen