Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ Bump in the night, ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
 
The Sun was setting for the end of another day. Stores were being closed for the night, Children were walking home for dinner. The streetlights were lit up as the sky grew darker, and Link closed up the Karaoke Café.
 
“Well… that's all snug up tight now, as it should be.” He said. “Well, that's a wrap for today everyone. Goodnight.” And he began to walk off.
 
“Goodnight, Master.” The girls all said with a polite bowing, then they all headed home too after a good days work.
 
Link had worked good that day too, helping to do some of the janitorial work around the café. In his other progress, he still had no lead to where any of the Five Temples were located. He was however starting to get a lead though.
 
So far they had done battle with a Wolf, and Spider like creatures, and those were both the kinds of monsters you'd fin in a Forest, but still that didn't mean they were out of the woods yet.
 
No sooner had Link entered his Temple of Time, had the sun gone down completely and the sky grew completely dark… The grounds away from the Temple began shaking a little.
 
Small air pockets burst opening in the ground and two Stalchildren popped out, but then they quickly began to multiply. First two… then four… then eight… and More.
 
Before long and entire army had assembled, and there at the front was Phantom Ganon looking down upon them all. “Now here this all you Stalchildren.” He said.
 
He began giving them orders that Ganondorf was losing patients, and growing tired of their failures to wipe out Link and the Scouts, but this time their plan to gain energy was simple.
 
“As you did once before on Legora; You shall wait in the dark of the night and then pop up from the ground. You can make a mess of the streets and stores, and if all goes well, the humans will grow overwhelmed with panic and their energy will be absorbed.”
 
“If any humans were to cross your path in your travels, you shall pop up and frighten them off… dare they attack you, and their energy will be wasted.”
 
“But Remember…! When sunlight dawns, you must retreat back to the forest before anyone spots you, or they could be lead to the secrets within.”
 
“Any questions?”
 
 
A Stalchild raised his skull hand. “With all respect Master, What if the Hero of Time, or his Sailor friends should interfere?”
 
Phantom Ganon sniggered. “I was waiting for one of you to ask me that.” He said. “All I will tell you is that even if our enemies swat a few of you, that will not stop you from doing… your special thing!”
 
The Stalchildren all saluted and then borrowed away. Phantom Ganon was really enjoying the scene as the Stalchildren made potholes in the road, broke and entered into shops, completely ransacking the places.
 
And right up until morning had they made a mess of the first part of the town. The sun was beginning to rise and the Stalchildren burrowed back to the forest, but Phantom Ganon remained a float in midair to catch the expected calamity.
 
The Pot holes in the road caused a few car crashes. No one was hurt, but the people were worried of being late for work and did indeed break into panic.
 
The storekeepers and pedestrians were outraged over the stores being all messed up as if a biker gang had gone through it.
 
“Oh, my beautiful store… it's ruined!!”
 
“My car! I'll be late for work!!”
 
The more everyone panicked, the more their bodies glowed meaning their energy was draining fast, and they were still coming.
 
Phantom Ganon was rather pleased with himself. “Ha, ha, ha… already we have gather enough energy to feed an army.” He chuckled to himself. “Wait until I tell Ganondorf the good news.”
 
Meanwhile, in Ganon's castle
 
Ganondorf was indeed impressed with all that had happened. “Well done Phantom Ganon, this even makes up for your previous failures.” He said. “Just be sure you don't blow it!”
 
Phantom Ganon bowed and vanished.
 
Ganondorf continued to watch the panic and corruption through his cauldron. “Hmm, mm, mm… With all this energy being admitted so fast, I'll be so strong I won't even need the other two Tri-forces.” He said.
 
“Today: Tokyo… Tomorrow: the World… And then… THE UNIVERSE!! HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!!
 
Meanwhile
 
The Crossroads junior high school; the students and teachers, why even the Principal were paying more attention to the radio broadcasts about the south side of town being brutalized.
 
Amy and Serena were still listening into it at lunch. “Gee, and to think they could have attacked the school so I didn't have to get up this morning.”
 
“Serena! I'm surprised in you.” Amy said. “People may have gotten hurt, and all you can think of is yourself.”
 
Serena cocked her head to the side. She still was the kind of teenager who had that rule about the “S-word”. Your may be IN school… but not INTO school.
 
Just then, they themselves only could hear the sound of Saria's song being played through the wind. “Amy, Serena… can you hear me?” Link said in thought.
 
Amy concentrated her thoughts hard. “Yes, we can hear you, Master.”
 
Link told them he had spoken to everyone else, and that there was going to be a meeting at the Temple of Time after school for the. “Attendance is mandatory… and that includes you too, Serena.”
 
“Awe, Master… You got to be kidding me.”
 
“Serena!” Link thought with a low tone. “Just be there.” And he signed off.
 
Later on that day
 
Link used the door of time to project magically images of what was going on in the streets, and apparently things went from bad to worse.
 
The news declared that not only had the messes in the streets continued to cause trouble and disturbances, but most of the people found near the scenes had collapsed from what was believed to be over exhaustion from their panicking.
 
“This is really starting to look suspicious.” Said Lita. “How can all those people really suffer from over exhaustion at the same time?”
 
Amy told us all that over exhaustion only happens when people work too hard, but in a situation of panicking it was the most unlikely thing to happen.
 
 
“Hey, I just remembered something…” said Darien. “Last night before I went to be, I could swear I heard a few Crashing sounds coming from a few blocks away.”
 
“Last night?” asked Mina. “Could you see what it was?”
 
Darien shook his head. “It was pretty late, I was kind of wiped out.” He said. “Even if I wasn't, it was too dark to tell.”
 
Luna began to piece things all together that it was possible the attack went on at night. “Master, is there any way you can project the Door to show us images of last night?” she asked.
 
Link shook his head. “I've been trying that all day, but every time I try--” He played the Song of time with lower pitched notes, but instead of showing them images, the door of time just closed. “…See that.”
 
He tried again, only to have the same results. “I don't know what's going on here, but I just can't work it out.”
 
Rei had an idea, “Hey, maybe I can do a reading for us.” She said. “The Cherry hill shrine's given us answers before, and it's worth a try.”
 
Link was always one to take a chance, so they were off to the Cherry Hill.
 
 
The girls rolled up their sleeves and even took of their shoes and socks. “Whew… it's even hotter here than it was last time.” Moaned Serena. “What's going on here?”
 
Lita fanned herself with her hand. “She's right, it's almost winter time, but it's never been this hot, even in the summer.”
 
Even Link was a little irritated by the heat, as he was only heat resistant in his true form. But still he knew they had to concentrate.
 
Artimus even asked. “How about instead we just use the readings to find where the Five Temples?”
 
But Link told them that it wouldn't work. Except for the Temple of Time, the dungeons had so much evil power lurking within, searching for them by magic was completely worthless.
 
Rei heated up the flames just right, sadly making it even hotter than before. “Oh great fire's we call upon your might. Reveal to us the events of last night.” She said as she threw some flakes onto it.
 
The Fire cackled and roared brightly, and then it became clear. There in the midst of the embers were Small Skeleton monsters, and one tall dark shadowy figure that resembled Ganondorf.
 
Link Gasped. “Phantom Ganon! I knew it!”
 
The others all took one look at the horrible creature who looked just like Ganondorf. “Whoa… Somebody call a plastic surgeon.” Said Rei. “Who is that guy?”
 
Link told them that Phantom Ganon was an evil ghost created by Ganondorf, and who resembled him in looks except for the face.
 
On Legora, sometime after Link awoke as an adult, the Forest where he was orphaned and had lived all his life was over run by monsters. The Forest Temple was under Ganondorf's power, and Phantom Ganon was the source of that power.
 
After Link did battle with the Phantom, Ganondorf, infuriated with all his failures, had banished the Phantom to the Gap between dimensions. This broke the curse on the Forest Temple and the Forest was freed from Ganondorf's evil.
 
“But now it looks like he's back, and I'd bet half my own power that he's up to no good.” Said Link.
 
The others all sweat dropped, but that was probably because of the heat. “Well we get all that… but what about those Skull Boys with him?” asked Lita.
 
Link told them that when he was a boy, and had to run all the way across Hyrule on foot. At night these Stalchildren popped up out from the ground, not just to him, but to anyone who crossed their paths in the fields at night.
 
“They may not be very fast, but they can pack quite a punch.” replied Link, “And even though their very vulnerable, it won't matter how many of them you destroy.”
 
“As long as it's nighttime, they'll just keep coming, and coming. Only then, they come back bigger and stronger than ever.”
 
This answered a lot of questions. “Well, at least we know what attacked the town last night, and why.” Said Mina, “But how do we stop these things?”
 
How indeed? Obviously just battling them out until the sun came up would do no good. The girls had school, and couldn't stay up all night in battle, and besides… then all the Stalchildren had to do was wait until the next night.
 
Link did know a song he used to play on his ocarina. The Sun's Song, which could change Day into night, and vice-versa. However, only the Sun by Legora could work that way. The Earth's sun would be unaffected entirely, rendering the song idea worthless.
 
“Wait… I think I have it.” Said Amy.
 
“Well, spill it already.” Said Serena, “Don't keep it to yourself.”
 
Everyone gave Serena a look for that.
 
“It's simple really…” said Amy, “Master, you said yourself that the Stalchildren all seem to just keep rising and coming no matter what we try. Well, the way I see it, they all act like a school of fish.”
 
“A School of fish?” Serena asked obliviously. “And I thought fish didn't have to go to that awful place.”
 
“She didn't mean it literally, Serena!” scolded Rei.
 
“Ahem…!” Amy snapped. “A school of Fish is a big pack of fish that always swing together, and are lead by a single fish at the head of the school. If the leader is not there to guide them, then the fish get all confused.”
 
“Hey, that sounds just like Skulltula.” Said Mina. “Remember, how when we destroyed him all the other spiders went with him.”
 
Amy nodded, and then Link remembered something the proved her right. Sometimes when he destroyed enough of the Small Stalchildren, a Much larger one appeared. Once he destroyed it, the rest of them disappeared and left him alone completely.
 
“Looks like we have our work cut out for us.” Said Artimus. “We'll just have to wait until nightfall and then take things as they come.”
 
Link nodded, and drew up some plans. Their best plan was to head for the felids where the Stalchildren would most likely pop up first to avoid being seen. “Hopefully we can stop them before the get too close to the city and do more damage.”
 
“Remember, for everyone you destroy, two more will take it's place, and they will just continue to multiply until we can summon out the big one, but know that he won't be as easy as the rest of them. So save your power, and don't let them hit you too much.”
 
Serena wiped her hand across her brow which was so sweaty, it was a s smooth as a slide at the playground. “Fine, but can we please get out of this Hot shrine before I melt?” she whined.
 
As it came to thought, even Link himself was rather agitated by the heat. Rei said they may not have to put up for it much longer because her Grandfather ordered a new air conditioner that was due to be installed soon.
 
It wouldn't get rid of the problem, but at least it wouldn't be to hot anymore. At least until maybe they could find out what was making things so hot.
 
The sun was already beginning to go down as it was Fall time. So they all quickly bounded off to the fields.
 
Meanwhile
 
Just a few miles away from the Temple of Time was another field where Link and the others were hiding behind a redwood tree.
 
Serena yawned heavily. “This is so boring.” She moaned. “I can't wait for this to be over so we can go home to bed.”
 
Amy checked the time on her computer. “Ten more seconds to sundown.” she said. “Five… Four… Three… Two… One…!”
 
The sun set down below the horizon and the sky grew darker. The ground in the field began shaking as the Stalchildren appeared. First two… then four.. then eight… and more!
 
“Wow… for a bunch of little guys they sure multiply fast.” Said Lita and while she was speaking the monsters began slowly proceeding towards the town.
 
“Well… we're going to have to start somewhere.” Said Rei. “Remember we can't let them go past the fault line.”
 
Everyone nodded, and so it was time to transform.
 
“SALIOR SAGE POWER!!” The girls transformed.
 
“POWER CHANGE!!” Darien became Tuxedo Mask.
 
“ECTO PHASE, ACTIVATE!!” Link changed into his true self.
 
One by one they each leapt into line. Link, in the center, drew out his sword and held it up high. “Guardians of the Earth. United we Triumph.” He said heroically. “Evil doers, prepare to face our Wrath!”
 
And with that everyone charged off into battle.
 
Link and Tuxedo mask used their swords and cut off the Stalchildren's heads.
 
Super Sailor Moon used her Shadow Strike to move swiftly around them and give a good kick from behind.
 
Mars was surrounded on all sides, but she wasn't going to let that stop her. She concentrated and did her posing move for her new power. “DIN'S FIREWALL… BURN!!”
 
She pounded her fist hard into the ground creating a powerful firewall bubbled around her that swiftly moved outward and fried the monsters to a crisp. “God, I love playing with fire.”
 
Five more bad boys were nearing the fault line, but they weren't fast enough before Jupiter, Venus, and Mercury jumped into their way.
 
“It's the end of the line for you bad boys.” Jupiter growled, and she gave them a taste of her Forest Vine Whip and ensnared them all into a big ball. “Give it to them Venus!” she cried.
 
“With pleasure.” Said Venus. “VENUS CRESENT BEAM SMASH!!” and the monsters were vaporized. “It's all in the reflexes.”
 
Mercury check her counter on her computer. So far they had crushed about twenty of the monsters, but still no sign of any large one.
 
They just kept right on going and going, but still the larger Stalchild did not appear, and now the gang was really getting exhausted. “We… can't keep this… up much longer.” cried Venus.
 
They all formed in line, and the Stalchild army now even bigger and angrier than ever. “Me… Mercury?” Mars asked all weary, “How many of these bad boys are there now?”
 
“To be honest… I don't know!” said Mercury. “I stopped keeping track a while ago. It's got to be well over A-Hundred.”
 
As the monsters got closer, the others paced backward towards the fault line. “It's no use… there's too many of them!” cried Tuxedo Mask.
 
Just then, Phantom Ganon appeared afloat in midair. “Unfortunately, you tried and failed.” He sneered. “You may as well surrender Heroes, you're finished! Ha, ha, ha!!”
 
Link poised his sword at Phantom's direction. “You won't get away with this Phantom Ganon!” he snarled.
 
“Ah-ha… but I already have!” replied Phantom. He gestured to the Stalchildren whom at that very moment had crossed the fault line and were almost ready to start attacking the city again.
 
“Ha, ha, ha! Go my minions. Destroy the city and have some fun!” laughed Phantom. “More destruction equals more energy to give to Ganondorf come Sunrise!”
 
Link's ears perked up. “Sunrise?” he said. “Wait… That's it.” Even though he knew it wouldn't work, the monsters didn't. He whipped out his Ocarina and played the Sun's song.
 
Now of course the night did not turn into day, but the monsters fell for the trick. They panicked as they heard the song and quickly dove back into the ground.
 
“No! No, you fools! Come back here this instant!!” yelled Phantom Ganon, but the monsters did not come back up.
 
The girls exchanged compliments for Link's quick thinking. “They may be strong, but they're not too smart.” he said.
 
Phantom Ganon was infuriated. “They may not be… but I sure am!” he growled, and then raised his magic staff. “If they won't come out willingly… then I'll do it by force!!”
 
He fired an electrical beam at the ground, and the ground began shaking. “Whoa… either this is an earthquake, or we're in big trouble.” Said Moon.
 
Suddenly a great big Skelton paw reached up through the ground, followed by a huge head, and soon there it was.. the giant Stalchild.
 
“Ah-hhh-hhh-hhh… Look at the size of that thing.” Cried Moon.
 
“That's him… the giant Stalchild.” Said Link.
 
The giant beast's eyes glowed a bright yellow. “Got that right.” It growled. “Bigger is better as you'll soon find out.” And he charged forward.
 
“Take cover!” cried Link, and they all leapt out of the way as Stalchild's huge hand came crashing down.
 
Link and Tuxedo mask hit him all over with their swords, but he was so big… so really big that his bones were even tougher to break through.
 
“We have to find his weak point.” Cried Link. “That's the only way we'll be able to toast him for sure.”
 
“Look out!” cried Tuxedo mask as Stalchild dove for them again. “Not this time.” He quickly leapt up and pitched a red rose directly in his eye sockets.
 
The beast stopped in his tracks but just smiled wickedly. “Not good enough, Cape-boy.” He sniggered. “Hitting me there won't do the job… I don't have eyes.” he brushed the pedals away and dove again.
 
Link and Tuxedo mask dodged again. “Close as I ever want to come.” Link said.
 
Mercury turned on her VR Visor. “Hold on… I'm scanning for weak spot.” She said as she looked the monster from head to toe. “Yes… there it is… in his head. Master, you have to aim at his head!”
 
“Easier said than done!” said Link as he dodged another blow.
 
Jupiter tried her Vine-Whip, and Sailor Moon tried her Tiara Trap. But the tiara was too small to trap him, and Staldchild just snapped the vines off him.
 
“I don't believe it!” cried Jupiter. “He snapped my vines like threads.
 
“WACTH OUT!!” cried Moon as Stlachild charged at them again. It was getting harder and harder to dodge him now. Pretty soon, they probably wouldn't even be able to Dodge him any more.
 
“Come on guys, think here!” cried Venus. “There's got to be some way to hold that guy still.”
 
Suddenly, Mercury, Mars and Tuxedo Mask had an idea. “Quick, Master, get ready!” cried Mercury. Link heard them and rolled away again.
 
“MECURY BUBBLESBLAST!!”
 
Stalchild looked around him. “Hey… where did this fog come from, I can hardly see anything.”
 
“Hey skull-boy, look this way.” Called Tuxedo Mask, and instead of throwing a rose, he threw a Deku Nut at Stalchild. The flash stunned and blinded him.
 
“Right, my turn now.” said Mars. She grabbed one of her sacred Charms. “I call the power of Mars… Fireballs CHARMS!!!”
 
The small charm landed smack on Stalchild making it so the effects of the Deku nut wouldn't wear off. “Ugh… Help… I can't move!!” cried Stalchild.
 
“You're finished!” Link mumbled under his breath as he held his sword up high.
 
 
The Sword began to glow, and Link leapt high up Stalchild's body. “SACRED… MASTER SWORD ATTACK!!”
 
SLASH!!
 
Stlachild whimpered in pain as he head rolled to the ground, and his body collapsed and vaporized in green flames.
 
Phantom Ganon grasped his Staff furiously. “You've won for now… But I'll be back!!” he growled and vanished.
 
Link sheathed his sword and stood along his team. “You won't ever win Phantom Ganon.” Link said to himself. “I defeated you all once before… and with the help of my friends… you will lose again.”
 
Now that the battle was over, Link had some Zelda's Lullaby to be played in hopes of fixing the town right before morning.
 
Meanwhile in Ganon's castle
 
Phantom Ganon was brought before his Master, who did not at all look please. “You have failed me once again my Phantom.” Said Ganondorf. “Perhaps reviving you from the Gap between Dimensions was not smart of me to do after all.”
 
“No! Master… I--”
 
“Silence!” snapped Ganondorf. “Get out of my sight you worthless creation.” Then he cast his anger look into his cauldron and looked at the Earth. “What am I going to do with these Nitwits?!”
 
The Next Day
 
No more mysterious thing were moving around at night, and everything was back to normal.
 
The shops were open. Stands back up. The road and all vehicles were fixed and running on schedule. Yes, everything was normal again… including the fact that Serena was late for school again.
 
At least this time, Amy was late too, and so was Lita. They got home late last night after their battles in the field and didn't get too much sleep.
 
“Hurry up you guys, we're so going to get in trouble.” Cried Serena as she ran.
 
 
“What do you mean hurry up, we're running faster than you.” Said Lita.
 
“Oh, knock it off you two, and let's hurry.” Said Amy.
 
Well, they may have been late for School, but at least the world was safe once again from Ganondorf's clutches.
 
At least for now.
 
HERO AND SALIORS SAY
 
Link: “Nighttime sure may be beautiful, but there are some things you should know about it.”
 
Serena: “Yeah… like getting some more sleep would be nice! Remember that you need to sleep at least eight hours so you'll feel fresh enough he next morning.”
 
Amy: “But if you should walk out at night, wear bright clothing so other walkers and drivers can see you.”
 
Rei: “Small kids should never ever wander out at night with out their mom or dad, or and adult they know. Nor should they be up that late either.”
 
Lita: “Sometimes, really bad people, like burglars and robbers work at night, and could be lurking around any corner. But it's a good thing that people like the police work late at night.”
 
Mina: “But the night can still be fun. With all those stars in the sky, and the moon shining bright on you… and who could resist those soft sounds?”
 
(Song from Karaoke Café. Mina Sings, and Amy and Lita play music)
 
(Mina)
 
Night winds sighing, lots of Babies crying.
Dogs are howling, Kitty cats are yowling.
Nightingales are singing. Fire engines ringing
Listen when there isn't any light
And hear the soothing music in the night.
 
 
(Pause for soft music chorus)
 
(Mina)
 
The city's loud until the sun sets.
And the miracle begins.
The distant symphony that's played on
A Hundred magic violins.
 
Time goes by. It's noisy but it's quiet.
Stars are shining. Cricket wings are whining.
Air-o-planes are soaring. Somewhere someone's snoring
Makes you feel that everything's alright
To hear the soothing music in the night.