Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ Part One: Enter the Forest Temple ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
 
Link, the Scouts and Tuxedo were chasing after a gang of Moblins that had just stolen loads of energy from the children in the playground.
 
They may have been strong with their attacks, but not in their defense. Not to mention they weren't very fast either. All they had to do was lay one attack on them in the right place.
 
“SACRED MASTER SWORD… ATTACK!!”
 
“MOON TIARA… MAGIC!!”
 
“WATER ICE-ARROWS… FLY!!”
 
“MARS FIRE… IGNITE!!”
 
“JUPITER THUNDER… CRASH!!”
 
“VENUS CRESENT BEAM… SMASH!!”
 
Even Tuxedo Mask had been given a power move too as his Biggoron sword began to fire power zaps. “GORONSWORD… HURRICANE BLAST!!”
 
The Moblins all fell over like dominoes and were vaporized. They team cheered for another victor, and Venus even looked up at the sky.
 
“Hey, Ganondorf… you lose again!” she said playfully.
 
Meanwhile, in Ganon's Castle
 
Phantom Ganon was brought before Ganondorf.
 
“No more excuses Phantom Ganon.” Ganondorf said looking him dead in the eye sockets. “I'm growing tired of your failures, they're no different then they were on Legora.”
 
Phantom Ganon growled behind his mask.
 
“However… I am going to give you this one last chance to improve yourself.” replied Ganondorf. “Destroy the Hero of Time, or at least one of his sailor companions, and I just may spare you.”
 
“But be warned… my patience are at their peaks. If you fail me this time, and end up returning without any good news… You know what will happen!”
 
 
The crowd trembled in fear for Phantom Ganon as Ganondorf told him what his punishment would be. Phantom had this one last chance to fly right, or he'd be through.
 
Later on
 
Phantom Ganon was in his secret hideout conjuring up a mighty mean spell on the Forest. “I'll show that Master of mine I'm not as useless as he thinks.” He mumbled.
 
He went all over the woods setting up guards and monsters, and he even planted dark seeds round the park outside.
 
Finally, he was having a word with his four best minions he was hoping it wouldn't have to come to. It was so dark, all that could be seen was four different colored lanterns. Red, Blue, Green, and Purple.
 
“Here of Time and his klutzy companions are sure to figure it out any time soon.” Said Phantom to hi
 
s minions. “And when they do… we'll be waiting for them!”
 
Mysterious female voices echoed softly through the darkness by the lanterns. “We will not fail you, My Lord.”
 
“If the Hero or his friends dare to enter this forbidden place--”
 
“We will be certain to make short work of them.”
 
“Come my sisters… let us prepare for the arrivals.” And with that, the four lanterns vanished like ghosts.
 
Phantom Ganon stared right into one of six panting frames in the room he was in, and viewed the actions outside. His seeds were already starting to grow, and what is was they were growing into was anything but nice.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… Excellent. Grow my children, and fulfill your dark purposes. Heh, heh, heh!!”
 
The Next Day
 
A rather dull cold Monday morning. Serena was able to finally wake up so at least she'd make it to school before the bell rang.
 
“Hah… I tell you Luna, these Mondays are so Boring!” she moaned. “So much more I could be doing with my life rather than school.”
 
Luna gave her a sharp look. “Serena, I am rather shocked in you.” She said. “School is not supposed to be a chore. It should help you in your daily life, if you'd ever take the chance to learn it right.”
 
“Yeah, you're really right Luna.” replied Serena.
 
Luna's head perked up as if she had finally gotten through to her.
 
“It should help me… but the sad fact is, it doesn't.”
 
Luna fell head first with her feet in the air. “Oh… why do I even bother?” she said while showing her teeth.
 
 
Serena was surprised that when she got to school her classmates were there, but Ms. Haruna, along with several other teachers were missing.
 
Classes were delayed big time by order of the principal, and eventually the day was canceled. Serena was overjoyed, but Amy was horrified.
 
“I can't believe classes were canceled today.” She said. “And today I had a chance to study up some more for the Math test tomorrow.”
 
“Amy?! You got to be kidding me. Can't you ever think of anything else besides studying?” but from the look on Amy's face “…Obviously not.”
 
Suddenly, Link called in with Saria's song. “Emergency meeting. Emergency meeting.” Said Link through thoughts. “All Team members report to the Café immediately!”
 
Serena held her head down forward in dismay. “Awe… and just when I was ready to plan a whole day without school.” She mumbled.
 
“Oh, Come on Serena!” Amy said as she dragged her along.
 
At the Café
 
The Café wasn't open yet until 3:00 pm, until school was over. Yet it was only 8:30 am and all the scouts said the same thing.
 
A lot of teachers and students never made it to school that morning, and it was even reported that a small handful of workers never made it in that morning either.
 
None of them planed on skipping work, none were sick, and none of them even called in to warn anybody.
 
“Does anyone know how they even get to work and school in the morning?” asked Link. “Tell me anything you know. The slightest detail may be important.”
 
Lita said that she knew a few of her neighbours who walk to work by taking a shortcut through the forest by the park.
 
Mina said that some guys she knew from school also took that shortcut. Even Serena didn't keep it to herself that Ms. Haruna took that shortcut too.
 
“Master, why is it that you wanted to know that?” asked Luna.
 
Link turned to his computer and tapped on the key. “This is why.” He said as the images appeared. Everyone's faces went into a shocked expression.
 
The entire park was crawling with all kinds of forest monsters. Deku ScrubsDeku Babas, both giant and small… Octorock's. The Entrance of the Forest was no different. Moblins and Wolfos everywhere.
 
“Holy cow.” Said Darien. “Everywhere you look there's a monster.”
 
Link nodded “There's something else too.” he said. “Doesn't something strike you as odd to all the monsters we've faced so far?”
 
The girls all thought about it, until Rei finally pointed out. “Now you mention it… every single one of those creeps were monsters you could in a Forest.”
 
Link nodded, “Correct. Now… there's something else too.” He said. “Haven't you noticed that every monster we fight seems to come from the same place?”
 
“Well of course not.” Said Serena. “They all come from Ganondorf. Where else?”
 
Everyone fell flat on the floor. “Silly girl! That's not what I meant!” snapped Link. Then he calmed down. “In a way you are right, they do come from Ganondorf, but that's not what I meant.”
 
“I think what he means is… that all the forest monsters seem to be coming from the same place” said Artimus. “From the forest by the park.”
 
Link then began telling them a story of something that happened exactly like this to him on planet Legora.
 
Before he left his home in Kokiri forest, where he was orphaned as a baby. The Great Deku Tree, the guardian spirit of the forest had died after being cursed by Ganon, Link was unable to save him in time.
 
 
When Link grew up, he returned to the forest to discover of all the evil beasts that filled the land, and terrorized his Kokiri friends.
 
He was directed to the source of the monsters powers and life support, for which if he were able to break the curse, then the monsters would vanish.
 
“And what was that source?” asked Lita. “It had to have been something pretty big.”
 
Link stared her right in the eyes. “It was big.” He said. “It was also very dangerous. It was… the Forest Temple.”
 
Everyone gasped one by one.
 
“The Forest Temple?” asked Serena. “Wait… are you trying to say that that Temple is somewhere in the forest by the park.”
 
Link turned back to his computer. “I don't think…” he said as he turned to a satellite picture of the forest. “I know!”
 
He zoomed in over the center of the computer, getting closer and closer into the forest. Then he changed to ground picture view… and there it was.
 
In the branches of the trees was a rather large, and strangely constructed building. Just sitting there in the trees with no stairs or and way of reaching the entrance way in the center.
 
“Wow… Take a look at that!” said Rei as the others stared in shock and amazement. “I've never seen anything like it.”
 
“This is incredible.” Said Artimus. “Master, you sure that's it?”
 
“Positive.” said Link “I'd recognize it anywhere. That is indeed one of the Five Temples.”
 
He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small stone with six hollow going round it. IT looked exactly like the large stone in the Temple of time with hollows of all six Medallions on it.
 
The Light Medallion was resting at the top of the circle and Link pointed at the one beside it going clockwise. The hollow of the medallion's symbol was exactly identical to the symbol above the Temple's entrance.
 
Nobody needed anymore proof. Not even Serena. “Wait a minute...” said Serena. “Does this mean we have to go into that place and battle more horrid beasts?”
 
 
“Not all of us.” Said Link. “Just Me and Lita.”
 
Lita's eyes widened. “Me… are you sure?” but then she and the others remembered what Link told them, that the atmosphere inside Temples was even damper than the Amazon.
 
Link could take the pressure, and so could Lita, being the reincarnation of the Forest Sage. Besides… with the monsters roaming about in the park and pathway of the forest other people could get hurt.
 
Link printed out a piece of the map with the forest and the woods. “Alright team, this won't be easy so listen up.” He said.
 
“Now we know that the Forest Temple is being heavily guarded by the monsters who are prepared to do anything to deteriorate intruders, and even if we were to get near it, only Lita and I will be going in.”
 
He picked up a set of small figurines that resembled each scout, himself, and Tuxedo Mask. He placed them at different points on the map.
 
Darien, Serena, and Rei were to act as a decoy at the entrance to the forest. “Fool the monsters; make them believe you're trying to get to the temple, lure most of them out of the forest, and keep them busy.”
 
Darien already agreed to the terms, as one could expect. “Me… with her?” Serena and Rei said at the same time.
 
“Why should I have to be on a team with you when you know my fire's better than your tiny tiara!!”
 
“Tiny Tiara… I think all that flaming hot stuff has finally leaked into your brain!!”
 
Rei stuck out her tongue, and Serena did likewise, but neither of them were ready to conceive and kept right on quarrelling
 
“You know I'm way more braver than you are!!”
 
“Yeah, but at least I have the pretty looks!!”
 
“Meatball head!!”
 
“Fire Failure!!”
 
Link's head was throbbing angrier, and angrier. The others could tell this was going be a mighty big one, so they quickly plugged their ears as tight as they could.
 
Link drew his head back… Took an EXTREMELY big breath and--
 
“QUUUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET !!!!”
 
The entire street seemed to quiver at the sound of his voice. Rei and Serena finally shut up and now were staring into Link's eyes as if they had come face-to-face with a cobra.
 
The others had fallen o the floor with spirals in their eyes. “Whoa… even my teacher doesn't yell that loud.” Said Mina.
 
Link regained his cool, but still spoke to the girls in a sneer. “We're supposed to be fight fighting monsters. Not each other!” he said. “Now both of you, pull it together and fly right!”
 
Rei and Serena got on their knees and bowed. “Yes, Master.” They said.
 
Link then proceeded with the plan:
 
Amy and Mina would accompany him and Lita as they enter the forest from the other side of it. “Now, we're hoping that most of the monsters will have been diverted to where Group-A will be.”
 
“But… in case there are any left over that may block our way, which is most likely to be, I want you two to fend them off. Think you do that?”
 
Amy and Mina nodded.
 
Lita did have one question though, regarding the temple. She pointed out again that there weren't any stairs, they couldn't climb up the trees, or anything else to get them to the entrance.
 
Link did have a plan, but rather than tell her what it was he just put as. “Trust me.”
 
“Good shot.” Lita said under her breath.
 
Link also warned Lita that this was going to be no walk in the park. Lita already had a good idea of that, remember what Link had told them about the temples being what she called… “The Scariest environments imaginable.”
 
The monsters that lurked in the temple would be nothing like the creatures they faced, and something MUCH worse when and if they made it to the end of the maze.
 
“Phantom Ganon...” He said. “On Legora, he was the very source of all the evil of the temple. So be warned, we may end up facing off against him in a Life or death battle to the finish.”
 
The girls all sweat dropped, and Lita's heart beat wild in fear. “And I take… he's going to be tough?” she asked.
 
“Oh yes… VERY tough!” said Link. “But we have no choice.”
 
Lita then changed her expression back to her “Ready for action!” attitude. “I'm not about to let some ugly ghost push me around.” She said with confidence. “I say, bring him on! BRING' EM ALL ON!!”
 
Link never saw so much attitude before. This was going to be interesting. He gave them all a final warning, that the monster outside the temple…
 
“As they draw their powers and life from the Forest Temple, you can do all you want to them, and eventually they will come back.”
 
So the plan was for the two groups to keep an eye on all the monsters until Link and Lita could clear the forest temple and return peace to all the woodlands.
 
“Okay then… everyone ready?” he asked.
 
They all stood up. “Ready!!” they all said at once. It was time to transform, and head off before those beasts got someone else.
 
“SAILOR SAGE POWER!!”
 
“POWER CHANGE!!”
 
“ECTO PHASE, ACTIVATE!!”
 
The girls became Super Sailor Scouts, Darien became Tuxedo Mask, and Link changed into his true form.
 
Meanwhile
 
A few more people on their way to work, took the shortcut through the forest and were attacked by all the monsters lurking about.
 
Phantom Ganon was really on a roll this time. “So many victims… So much energy.” He chuckled as he gathered the energy in his cauldron. “I expect the party shall begin any moment now.”
 
Then he looked at two of the painting frame and saw the two teams on opposite ends of the forest. “Ah-ha… right on time.” He sniggered.
 
“If I know that boy, he'll be certain to come up to the temple, and when he does… Hmm, mm, mm… We'll be ready for him. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!”
 
Meanwhile
 
On one side of the forest, Group-A's plan had succeeded. The monsters believed they were trying to get near the forest temple and charged out of the forest like a stampede of elephants.
 
The problem was, as weak as the monsters were, there were far too many to attack one at a time, but Mars already had an idea to keep most of the monsters contained.
 
“Quick stand back!” she said. “DIN'S FIREWALL… BURN!!” she sent a huge dome of Din's fire to surround most of the monsters, and even placed a fireproof seal so the barrier wouldn't cease… but there was a catch.
 
Mars had to meditate near the fire to keep the charm working, which kept the wall up. She had to sit perfectly still and completely defenseless.
 
So Sailor Moon and Tuxedo had to look out for her, and destroy any other monsters that came their way. As long as the firewall stayed up, the monsters inside it wouldn't be going anywhere.
 
Tuxedo stunned the monsters with his Deku nuts, and Sailor Moon knocked them down like bowling pins with her tiara.
 
Meanwhile
 
Link's group had already entered the forest successfully, keeping in contact with Group-A by Saria's song.
 
“Master, so far so good. The monsters are being distracted” Mars said in thought.
 
“Good work.” thought Link. “Now remember, you have to try and keep the monsters contained until Jupiter and I can clear the Forest Temple. Now I don't know how long that'll take, but I do know this…”
 
“There's so many evil waves passing in the temple. Once Jupiter and I enter, communication through any means will be impossible. Even Saria's song won't work.”
 
The others all had a bad feeling about that, and it was answered when Link made it clear that once he and Jupiter entered, everyone would be on their own.
 
“Master, you can't do this.” Sailor Moon moaned in thought. “What if the monsters gang up on us? What if we can't fight on?”
 
“Take it easy there.” Link replied in thought. “That's as tough as the monsters out here will get. I know you all can do it.”
 
Seeing as how there was no arguing. Everyone agreed, and Link signed off.
 
Suddenly, there was Forest Temple just up and overhead. “Whoa… check it out.” Said Venus.
 
Even Amy was surprised, as it looked much smaller on the computer and the map, but the mood was broken when about a dozen Moblin's and Stalchildren ambushed them, but they were ready.
 
“MERCURY ICE BUBBLES… FREEZE!!” Mercury froze the monsters in their tracks, solid.
 
“VENUS CRESENT BEAM… SMASH!!” and Venus completely demolished them.
 
“Good shot ladies.” Said Link, but suddenly, more monsters came their way.
 
“Quick, you two go towards the Temple. Mercury and I stay here and kick some monster butt.” replied Venus.
 
Winked at them both “Good luck.” He said. “Come, Jupiter!” he said and they dashed away towards the Temple.
 
 
They finally made it, and their were no monsters in sight. Jupiter looked way up at the ledge where the entrance was… 20 yards above.
 
“Hey, Master… I still don't get it.” She said. “How are we supposed to get way up there onto the ledge?”
 
“Like this…” Link said as he quickly grabbed her and held her tight, and fired a wired looking spring-loaded chain. It latched onto the to tree limb hanging over the ledge and pulled them both right up to it.
 
It happened so fast Jupiter didn't have time to squeal.
 
“Wow… What happened?” she asked. “How did you do that?” Link showed the weapon he used…
 
The Hookshot: A Spring-loading chain that he could use to latched onto certain things and pull himself towards them. Also, he could it to drag certain items towards him, as well as attack and/or stun certain enemies.
 
 
Link told Jupiter that her Vine-Whip could also act as a kind of support rope to climb as swing from. If it was strong enough to ensnare huge beats, then it was strong enough to support her body weight.
 
“This is incredible.” Said Jupiter. “Why didn't you tell me this before?”
 
Link giggled at that. “What… and miss the chance of pulling you u here so suddenly?” he joked. Jupiter laughed a bit too.
 
Then they changed their expressions back to serious. There was no tuning back now. “You… You ready Jupiter?” asked Link.
 
She twiddled her fingers a little, but then clenched her fist tight.. “Yeah… I'm… I'm ready.” She said. “Let's do this!” and the walked into the dark tunnel right into the Forest Temple…
 
Unbeknownst to them that Phantom Ganon was watching them. “Let the games begin. Ha, ha, ha, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah!!”
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
HERO AND SAILORS SAY
 
 
Link: “Serena and Rei. It seems that all they ever to is quarrel with each other. But friends do quarrel at sometimes.”
 
Amy: “That's right. Sometimes they can argue over things like a toy, or whose better than who.”
 
Lita: “Still, a friend is who you play with. Talk with. Spend time with, and most importantly… Share with.”
 
Mina: “Friendship must take at least two or more. It can never work out with just one.”
 
Rei: “But it's also a good idea to be careful on what type of friends you choose to make, because friends can also affect your styles in some ways.”
 
Serena: “And always remember, if you and your friends have an argument over something pretty silly, or not that important. It would be a lot smarter to just forget the whole thing.
 
(Song from Karaoke Café. Sung by Serena and Rei.)
 
 
(Rei)
 
Things have come to a pretty pass,
Our
friendship is growing flat,
For you like this and the other
While I go for this and that.
 
(Serena)
 
Goodness knows what the end will be;
Oh, I don't know where I'm at...
It looks as if we two will never be one,
 
(Both)
 
Something must be done.
(A… 1, 2, 3,4)
 
(Rei)
 
You say either and I say eyether
 
(Serena)
 
You say neither and I say nyther;
 
(Both)
 
Either, eyether,
neither, nyther,
Let's call the whole thing off!
 
(Rei)
 
You like potato and I like potaeto,
 
(Serena)
 
You like tomato and I like tomaeto;
 
(Both)
 
Potato, potaeto,
tomato, tomaeto!
Let's call the whole thing off!
 
(Rei)
 
But oh! If we call the whole thing off,
Then we must part.
(Serena)
 
And oh! If we ever part,
Then that might break my heart!
 
(PAUSE BRIEFLY FOR CHOURS)
 
(Rei)
 
So, if you like pajamas and I like pajahmas,
 
(Serena)
 
I'll wear pajamas and give up pajahmas.
 
(Rei)
 
For we know we need each other,
 
(Serena)
 
So we better call the calling off, off.
(Both)
 
Let's call the whole thing off!
 
(PAUSE FOR NEXT CHOURS)
 
(Rei)
 
But oh! If we call the whole thing off,
Then we must p
art.
 
(Serena)
 
And oh! If we ever part,
Then that might break my heart!
 
(Rei)
 
So, if you go for oysters and I go for orsters
 
(Rei)
 
I'll order oysters and cancel the orsters.
 
(Both)
 
For we know we need each other,
So we better call the calling off
, off!
 
Let's call the whole thing ooooooooff!