Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ You are You ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTY
 
Somewhere… over the Sand dunes of Tottori. Two huge glowing objects, completely unnoticed by anyone at all, crashed hard into the sand.
 
When the dust had cleared, nothing seemed to happen for a really long while. In fact, the sand looked as though nothing had even hit it.
 
Until… a grossly looking hand popped through the sand and out popped the head of a rather ugly looking old lady with dark skin, a beaky nose, and her hair was incase inside a white turban with a blue crystal in the front.
 
She gasped, coughed and hacked while brushing the sand off her face. “Ahh… finally!” she grunted as she tried to pull herself out of the sand. “Oh!… Ah! …Ugh!! This is terrific!”
 
With a loud grunt, and huge pull, she yanked herself out from the ground and rubbed off her dark robe. “Whew… I have sand in places I didn't even know I had.”
 
Just then, a second head, identical to the other woman popped up through the sand. She was dressed just like the other woman was, expect her turban had red jewel on the front.
 
“Awe, quick belly aching, Kotake.” She snarled. “Are we there yet?”
 
The other woman looked really irritated. “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are We there yet?!” she mocked. “Yes, Koume… We're here!!”
 
“Kotake… don't shout at me.” said Koume.
 
“Ahem… we are here, sister.” Kotake replied.
 
The two ladies looked around. “So this is planet Earth?” said Komue. “This is that planet we heard of that where our beloved Spirit Temple now exists.”
 
“No matter…” said Kotake. “While were here, why don't we do what we witches always do? Steal, corrupt, cause mayhem?”
 
Koume checked their map of the Galaxy in which they had traveled across. So far, there were three big “X's” marking planets they had conquered. “Yes… this planet shall have the honor of being our next target.”
 
The two witches mounted their broomsticks. “Let's go Koume… Ho, ho, ho!”
 
“I'm right behind you Kotake. Hee, hee, hee!”
 
Meanwhile, in Ganon's castle
 
Ganondorf was most unpleased at what he saw. “GRR… Of all the evil creatures in the universe… why them?!” he growled.
 
“Is there something that ails you, Your-Evilness?” asked a Stalfos.
 
Ganondorf showed him the image in his cauldron.
 
“It's my surrogated mothers… the witches Koume, and Kotake; Allis: Twinrova… have shown themselves on Earth, and I can only tell they plan to conquer it just like all the other planets they blew out of the skies!”
 
“How bad can that be?” asked the Stalfos, “I like Twinrova.”
 
Ganondorf slammed his fist hard into the wall. “Well… I hate them!” he snarled. “As much as I appreciate their giving me life and all that I have… I despise them as much as a despise the Hero of Time and the Sailor Scouts.”
 
For as long as Ganondorf could remember, Twinrova had always been trying to be more dastardly, more evil than he was. “And by far they could even be right.”
 
“Look out there! I can't even conquer One measly little planet. Although I did destroy Legora, but that was Millenniums ago!”
 
That was only part of Ganondorf's problems, but the absolute worst was still ahead of him. He had three shards of the Triforce of Courage, while Link had four.
 
Only one shard was left to find, but for some reason he couldn't detect where the final shard was anywhere.
 
His radar and best scanners were all working perfectly, without any bugs at all, but obviously wherever the shard was it was completely undetectable.
 
Ganondorf suddenly had a hunch of where it was. “Zelda? She could have it on her.” he said.
 
“But, Evilness…” asked the Stalfos, “How can the Princess have the shard if she is not even alive?”
 
“As a matter of fact… she is very much still alive.” replied Ganondorf. “She may be in hiding now, but sooner or later she will appear, and when she does… Hmm, mm, mm… we'll be ready for her Ha, ha!”
 
Meanwhile
 
Five of the Six Medallions had been collected. Link's quest was nearing it's end. Only the one final Triforce Shard, and the Spirit Temple remained.
 
Link had gathered everyone to the Temple of Time, for he had some good news, some bad news, and some… well… Let's just say it was news that could be both bad and good at the same time.
 
The Bad news was regarding the Triforce Shard. “Take a look at this.” Link said as he opened the Door of Time and showed everyone the radar screen, and it was completely blank.
 
There were no more red flashing dots on the map anywhere. Meaning wherever the last shard was, they weren't able detect it at all.
 
“Well, if the shard isn't anywhere on the screen… then maybe Ganondorf has it.” Serena suggested.
 
“No, he can't have it. Look here.” Link said as he pointed over to the score counter on the side of the map. The scores still read that they still had four of the shards, while Ganon only had three.
 
“Besides, I don't think he see it either. This Rader uses the exact same Triforce detecting he uses.” replied Link.
 
Artimus got the drift. “So it means that if we can't find the last shard, then Ganondorf must not be able to see it either.”
 
That was a sign of relief, but still, Link wanted everyone to remain on special alert if anything should show up.
 
The Good news however was about the Spirit Temple. “You found it already?” asked Rei.
 
Link nodded and showed them it's location on the radar, but at that point it was where the third bit of news came into the picture.
 
“Hey… that looks like the Tottori Sand dunes on Shikoku.” said Mina.
 
“Yes, they are.” replied Link. “Lately there had been reports of a strange and violent of sandstorms blowing across it, but they have no lead as to why.”
 
“So you were able to identify it was coming from the Spirit Temple all along?” asked Amy. “That's really clever.”
 
Mina however was suddenly catching onto something. “Wait a minute.” she said. “If the Spirit Temple is there, then does that mean--?”
 
Link nodded. “Yes… you and I are going to Tottori on a secret expedition to find and tackle the Spirit Temple.” He said. “I've already booked all the arrangements and travel plans… We leave Thursday afternoon, after school.”
 
“Whoa, whoa, whoa… back up a bit.” replied Mina. “This Thursday… as in tomorrow… right before the start of another three-day weekend?”
 
“Yes.” Link answered. “Do you know of any other good time in which we can do this?”
 
Mina didn't really know about this. She knew it was now her turn to become a Sage reborn, but she didn't expect having to go on an expedition like this.
 
Well it was a good thing for her she had no schedule this weekend, her teachers weren't planning to give everyone that much homework, and it was most convenient that her mom was going on business for the weekend too, and she would leave in the morning.
 
This way she wouldn't have to really make up an excuse or anything.
 
“I think you should go for it.” Atriums said. “After all this is the very last of the Five Temples, and you're the only one left to become a Sage.”
 
“Artimus?”
 
Soon everyone began agreeing with him. “Think of it this way.” said Rei. “If you go on this trip and tackle the temple, you'll gain cool new items like the rest of us.”
 
“Yeah, and not only that…” said Darien, “But if you and Master do this, we'll finally have all Six Medallions.”
 
The other all nodded, and Mina decided to go for it. “Count me in.” she said. “I guess I've got some shopping and planning to do.”
 
Link smiled at her. “Good.” He said. “Here, take this list with you to make it easier. Remember, we're going to a desert-type terrain.”
 
With all that settled, everyone carried on about their days.
 
Meanwhile
 
Koume and Kotake had already succeeded in capturing a whole load of treasures and goods from all the nomad tribes both in and around the desert, but it wasn't enough for them, they decided they wanted have a little more fun.
 
That and get some more treasures, “And what better place than the richest place in all of Japan.” Koume snickered, “The city of Tokyo.”
 
“Or better than that…” added Kotake. “We can go for all the treasure, and we won't even have to get our fingers dirty.”
 
She concentrated her powers and the blue crystal on her turban began to glow. “Abracdabrus… Abracadabra… Abracadabri… Abacadabro!!”
 
A small puff of blue smoke appeared out from her turban and began to spread across the floor of the chamber, and pop back up as strange ice statue monsters. They growled and the roared.
 
“SHUT YOUR YAPS!!” Kotake growled.
 
“Now… my army of Freezards. You will headed for Tokyo… you will find all valuables you can see, steal them and bring them back… and should any humans interfere… you may TEAR THEM APART!!”
 
The Freezards all turned on their bottom, changed into frozen winds and escaped out into the world.
 
“Good thinking Kotake. Hee, hee, hee!”
 
“Thanks a lot Koume. The money and goodies will be ours yet. Ho, ho, ho!”
 
Meanwhile, back in Tokyo
 
After school, Mina was indeed shopping for some supplies and equipment she'd need on her expedition the next day.
 
-A new outfit…
 
-Sunscreen lotion…
 
-Extra canteens…
 
Link was also taking care of the rest of things. Plane tickets to Tottori, renting a dessert tractor and trailer that would carry them across the desert faster, and tug along the main supplies.
 
Tents… Food… Water… Gas… even an emergency radio in case they needed to call for help. He and Serena also taught her how to use the Hover-Boots, as by wearing them their would never sink into the sand, not even if it were quicksand.
 
So, everything was all ready for tomorrow after school.
 
Mina was ready to check out with her stuff, and surprisingly she met up with an old friend of hers, who also looked like her, except she had red hair, working as a cashier for the department store, named Cindy Choiseul
 
(Boy… it sure is getting harder for me to come up with new characters to add)
 
“Cindy?”
 
“Oh, hey Mina. How's it going?” she asked. “You going on a trip the weekend?”
 
Mina nodded, but she was careful not to tell Cindy where and why she was going. “Yeah… but no place too special.”
 
As Cindy cashed in the merchandise, Mina asked why she was working at the store anyways. Cindy pointed over to one of the manikins wearing the stores latest, and most elegant of gowns.
 
I almost looked like the prototype for a wedding gown, all white and loose, with long sleeves. It even came with matching white pearls and they were free… With the dress of course.
 
But unfortunately, the stores most latest, and elegant of gowns for sale… was also sadly the most expensive.
 
Mina took just one look at the price tag and was all… “Gaa-aa-aah! Sometimes shopping really stinks.” she said.
 
“I know… there's no way I can afford this on my allowance, and I really need that dress.” said Cindy.
 
Mina was about to ask why, but suddenly she got the drift when a cute boy about Link's height and had his hair style to, only his hair was brown, walked past them both.
 
“Hey, Cindy, we still on for tonight?” he asked.
 
“Uh… yeah… sure thing Jarred.” Cindy replied almost sounding shy.
 
Mina knew she didn't have to ask, but went for it in any case. “I'll bet that guy's your boyfriend?”
 
Cindy blushed, and twiddled her fingers, “Well… sort of.” she answered. “I've had a crush on him for months now, and… well I…”
 
“I asked him to the midterm prom with me, and he said yes.”
 
Mina was all giddy and excited for her. “EEE! No way.” She cried. “That's totally awesome-- but what's got you so bummed then?”
 
Cindy told Mina that this was going to be their very first date, and she really wanted this to work out. Her one chance to ask Jarred to her boyfriend, and she wanted to look the most elegant ever.
 
But she just couldn't afford the dress, and worst of all… the prom was tomorrow, and the only thing she had that would be nice was a simple pink silky gown with long sleeves, and wasn't big and loose at the bottom.
 
It was very nice looking, but it didn't quite feel right to her. She didn't think it was what Jerald would want to see her in, and worse, what if he thought she looked awful.
 
Mina knew where she was coming from, she herself went through things like that with her old boyfriend. “But Cindy, how do you know what he'll actually say?”
 
Cindy couldn't really answer that. The truth was she always had trouble trying to find things she had in common with most people, and let her shyness rule over her by judging people.
 
Mina decided that the best thing to do was get nosey about this, and see what Jarred was really like. So she got all her gear together. “Just hold it in their Cindy… you'll be just fine.” she said and left.
 
Cindy still didn't know.
 
Later on
 
After her shift at the café was over, Mina headed off without warning and without telling anyone why.
 
“Gee… Mina sure looks concerned about something.” said Serena.
 
“Well, I wouldn't really blame her.” said Darien. “After all, she and Master have a big day tomorrow.”
 
“Yeah. She probably just went home to get to bed early so she'd be all fresh for the trip.” Lita suggested, but Link, Navi, Artimus, and Luna weren't so sure about that.
 
“She's up to something… I know it.” Artimus said.
 
Link agreed. “Navi, Artimus… I want you two to go and follow her; see what she's up to.”
 
“Right.” said Navi.
 
“Yes, Master.” added Artimus, and they were off.
 
 
They found Mina just hiding in the bushes by the pathway in the park, until she saw a strange young man walking down the path.
 
“Typical Mina.” Artimus mumbled. “Always thinking more about boys, rather than what's important.”
 
Navi wasn't so sure though. She was pretty good at reading minds through facial expressions. Whatever Mina was thinking, it wasn't concerning herself.
 
Finally Mina stepped out in front of the man. “Excuse me… Jarred.” she said.
 
Jarred looked up, “Hey… You're that girl Mina. The one that Cindy keeps talking about.” he said. “What brings you here?”
 
Mina and Jarred walked off together with Navi and Artimus staying within earshot, and they heard every word-for-word… about Cindy, and her worries.
 
“She shouldn't be that worried.” Jarred said. “It wouldn't matter to me what she came in. Why, I thought she was pretty just wearing her school uniform. That's my crush for her hit me.”
 
This was good for Mina to hear.
 
So Jarred too had a crush on Cindy, and he was also pretty shy to speak up, and yet it wouldn't matter to him what she wore to the prom. The point is, she would be there.
 
“I better get home… I got to get my suit ready for tomorrow.” Jarred said, and he left. “See you around.”
 
Mina waved to him until he was out of site, and then she was all giddy and excited. “Wait until I tell Cindy.” and she ran off.
 
Artimus and Navi saw that Mina was only trying to help a friend, and they headed for home… unbeknownst that right when they left when suddenly they saw a strange white breeze floated past, and was on it' way to the department store.
 
The Next Day
 
Mina had finished school and was on her way home to get her bags and ready to head for the airport. When Cindy came running up to her.
 
“Mina!! Hey Mina!!” she called out with excitement.
 
She caught up with her and showed her the wade of money she had. “My boss just gave me a big bonus for all my hard work… so I can get my dress.”
 
Link had arranged for a cab to pick him and Mina up from the café and they'd be spending the night in Tottori and head into the desert the next day.
 
They both held hands, and jumped for joy. “EEE!!”
 
Mina suddenly then remembered that she had to tell her something about what Jarred had said. “Uh… Cindy, about the dress--”
 
Suddenly Cindy realized she had to go grab the dress while she had the chance. If she didn't she'd look like a complete loser in her old pink one that night.
 
She ran back about he street so quickly that Mina had to run to try and catch up to tell her not to worry about it.
 
They finally stopped at the last few meters before the store came into eye view and saw a whole load of frost and snow coming through the vents and the doors.
 
“What's going on?” Cindy asked, but suddenly the doors flew open and many strange crystal-like creatures began marching out through the door with merchandise from the store on them.
 
“Hey! What are they doing?” Cindy cried and then she saw one of the brutes carrying her dress away before her very eyes. “Hey! Don't take that!” she called and ran towards the creature.
 
“CINDY, NO… WAIT!!” cried Mina.
 
Cindy got closer and closer towards the creatures but at the last ten feet, the creature turned it's head and began to fire a strange wind from his mouth.
 
“CINDY!!” cried Mina, but when she looked on, she saw Cindy was frozen cold on the spot.
 
“Why those rotten--!!” Mina growled, and then she decided she had to take matters into her own hands.
 
“VENUS STAR POWER… SAGE OF SPIRIT!!” and she transformed into Super Sailor Venus.
 
“VENUS CRECENT BEAM… SMASH!!”
 
And her attack actually worked. It took out a handful of those baddies as easily as a baseball could break a window as a matter of fact.
 
Which lead her to realize. “Ice.” she said. “These guys are made of ice.”
 
Not only that, but they were able to breathe ice too, and Venus had to duck out of the way fast to avoid being hit by one of them.
 
Then there was another one that breathed, and another. Suddenly, one of them froze the froze the one carrying Cindy's dress and it turned into a thick ice sheet.
 
The monster then shattered, but so did the dress, it was gone and only a few fabrics of it were left. “But Cindy… worked so hard for that gown.” Venus said with a shaky, angered voice.
 
“That's it… I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!” She dashed into he store where most of the monsters still were and turned up the heat which did indeed cause them to melt.
 
As for the rest of them… there was a wild Venus gone crazy.
 
She didn't even have to use her Venus powers, but just punch or kick them down like dominoes. As easy as that battle was, the outcome was both victorious and a big loss.
 
Cindy was set free from the ice, and the store went back to normal, but when she saw the shreds of fabric of the dress… “Oh, no.” she cried softly.
 
She help the last bits and pieces close to her chest and her tears feel out onto the ground. “I had a real chance for Jarred to be my boyfriend.” she replied, “And I just let it slip past me.”
 
“Oh, Sailor Venus.” she cried, unbeknownst she was still talking to Mina. “What'll I do? I can't go the prom now.”
 
“Yes, you can.” Venus said, “I don't think that Jarred would mind at all if you went with what you already have.”
 
Cindy didn't think she should believe her. “How do you know what he'll say, or what he'll do?”
 
“I don't know.” answered Venus. “But how do you know what he'll ay or do either? I mean… do you even know what he likes and what he won't like?”
 
Cindy began to realize Sailor Venus had a point. Besides, that was all a part relations, learning what they like and dislike.
 
“I guess… I'll try.” she said.
 
Venus nodded. “Good for you. Now you better run home so you can get ready.” she said.
 
As soon as Cindy was out of sight, Venus changed back into Mina and hurried off home to get her bags, and then off to the café.
 
Once at the café, she told everyone everything about the store and the Freezeards, as Link called them by.
 
“Poor, Cindy.” cried Serena. “I'll bet old Ganondorf is behind all this. I say we go crash his party, big time!”
 
But the others didn't agree with her.
 
“I don't know Serena, this attack wasn't really his style.” said Darien. “It was too simple… too predicable… and not very bright either.”
 
“I know what it was.” Link said. “It was Twinrova.”
 
The girls and Darien all gave him the “Who?” expression and Link told them all about Twinrova.
 
Twinrova was team composing of two evil witches of the sands.
 
Koume: The sorceress of Fire.
 
And her twin-sister Kotake: The sorceress of Ice.
 
As gross and despicable as it was, these two were Ganondorf's Surrogated mothers. They were the ones responsible for his existence, his evil, and all his great power.
 
Although they were not as powerful as Ganon was, they were very crafty, and they made a living of stealing, conquering, and occasionally… even killing.
 
“They also acted as the main boss of the Spirit Temple, and they must be there right now.”
 
Mina had a serious look on her face. “So we have to go there, and throw them out of business.” she said.
 
Link nodded, and then suddenly, a horn from outside the door was heard. It was the cab Link had called for to take him and Mina to the airport.
 
“That's our ride… time to go.” Link said, and before he and Mina left he gave them all a final briefing.
 
Darien was in charge of the café while they were gone, and Sailor Moon would be in charge of battle plans if any more attacks were to occur.
 
“Everyone good?”
 
They all bowed the heads. “Yes, Master.”
 
With that settled, Mina hugged and kissed Artimus goodbye. “You be good now, and maybe I'll bring you back something.”
 
As much as he wanted to… Artimus couldn't go with them because the desert would be no place for a cat. Not to mention he couldn't survive in the Spirit Temple at all if and when they reached it.
 
Navi was going however, and she was sitting in a special suitcase Link had made for her, so it was like a cute little dollhouse on the inside so she would be comfortable.
 
So, they loaded up their luggage into the cab, and were off, and before they knew it, they were sitting in the first-class part of the plane as they began to soar through the evening sky.
 
“Well… we're on our way.” Mina said. “I just hope we will be able to say that if and when we go back.”
 
“I know we will.” Link said. “None of the others have let me down so far, and I know you won't either.”
 
Mina smiled. “Do you really think so?” she asked.
 
“We know so.” Navi whispered as she poked her head through the suitcase. “Think of it this way. You know what all the others went through to beat the other temples, so it's as if you already know the basics of what to do.”
 
Mina felt a little better, and then she began to wonder. I wonder how Cindy and Jarred are right now?”
 
HERO AND SAILORS SAY
 
Link: “Cindy sure seemed desperate to impress Jarred, but only because she didn't quite know what he was really like.”
 
Mina: “Yeah, just because someone may seem or even look like the type who may not like things you like, that isn't true at all.”
 
Serena: “That's right, because, all relations are usually bent on learning about each other. What they like and what they dislike.”
 
Amy: “Still, it is a much better idea to ask and learn about what other people are like instead of just assuming and guessing.”
 
Rei: “Sometimes guessing can be nice, as it is a form of studying and observing, but it only works best if you actually guess correctly, which without studying is usually wrong.”
 
Lita:< /b> “Just remember, while it may it a bit shy to try and ask someone about what they're really like, it couldn't hurt to at least try and make things work out.”
 
(Song Performed at the prom, by Jarred and Cindy)
 
Cindy came in wearing her pink dress, and to her surprise. “Wow… you look great Cindy.” Jarred said.
 
“You… you think so.” Cindy said as she blushed. “You don't think I look awful?”
 
Jarred held her hands. “Cindy… it doesn't matter to me how you dress and that sort of stuff. That's how I first had a crush on you.”
 
Cindy's heart went crazy. “You… you liked me too?” she asked.
 
Jarred nodded.
 
(Music starts as the begin to dancein a mystical dream-world around them)
 
(Jarred)
 
You are not your clothes
You are not your hair
You are not the dress
Your mother made you wear
Rich or even poor
I couldn't really care
You're still simply beautiful you
 
(Cindy)
 
You could be a prince
With the finest clothes
But it wouldn't make you any nicer
I suppose
If you looked down on us
While turning up your nose
You would not be beautiful you
(Both)
 
It's not how much you sparkle
That makes you like a star
It's what's inside your heart
That tells you
Who you are
 
(Cindy)
 
Clothes don't make the kid
It's the other way around
This is what
I've finally found
 
(Jarred)
 
That it's not about the way you look
It's about the things you do
 
(Both)
 
That make you beautiful you
 
(Jarred)
 
I am not my clothes
nor have I a crown
 
(Cindy)
 
And I am not my rags
`Cause in my heart
I wear a gown
 
(Both)
 
So let's go out today
Like we've never had a care
About the things we think
We're supposed to wear
 
(Jarred)
 
`Cause it's not the way you look
 
(Cindy)
 
It's the things you say and do
 
(Both)
 
That make you beautiful
That make you beautiful
That make you beautiful you
 
(They share a kiss as the song ends)
 
Author's notes:
 
Man… do I know sweet and romantic or what? To bad I can't ever try it for real even if I wanted to… which I don't.
 
Still… just to let you all know, Cindy, and Jarred are just fictional characters I made up, like most of the targeted characters in this whole fic. None of them are really real, so I'm not breaking any rules.
 
Just keep that in mind.