Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ Part One: Enter the Spirit Temple ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
 
Up bright and early, transformed and fully reenergized. It was time.
 
“You ready?” Link asked.
 
Venus nodded. “Let's do this.”
 
Navi nodded in agreement with them, so they traced up the stairs and entered through the doorway.
 
Meanwhile, in Tokyo
 
Two pretty young teenage girls were at the bank to cash in. “And how much have you to cash in?” asked the clerk.
 
The two girls smiled and winked at each other. “Oh nothing much.” said one of them as she held up a hand full of. “Just these… nuts and bolts.”
 
The clerk did not look amused. “Is this supposed to be a joke?” he snapped. “I'm sorry ladies, but you cannot cash these in.”
 
“Who said we're cashing in.” the other lady snickered, and both she and her sister threw the bolts onto the floor… and the bits magically transformed into four of large iron-suits wielding huge axes.
 
Everyone in the bank ran amuck in panic when they saw that not only were those iron-things alive, but the two girls transformed into two ugly witches… Koume, and Kotake.
 
“All right… everybody listen up!” snarled Koume.
 
“If you want to live, you give us all your money and you get out!” added Kotake.
 
“Not so fast you old hags!” came a voice from the door.
 
Everyone turned towards the doors, and saw four of the Sailor Scouts and Tuxedo Mask standing in the doorway.
 
“Didn't anyone ever teach you girls it's not right to steal?” Sailor Moon playfully asked. “I guess then we'll have to teach you.”
 
“In the name of the Moon, and of the Six Sages. We shall punish you.”
 
The two witches just looked at each other and snuffed. “Sounds like someone doesn't have any respect for the elderly Koume. Ho, ho, ho…”
 
“It certainly doesn't Kotake… Hee, hee, hee…”
 
They began to hover overhead on their broomsticks. “Perhaps we should teach them a lesson, Koume. Ho, ho, ho…”
 
“I agree, Kotake. Hee, hee, hee…”
 
They turned to their iron-monsters. “Iron Knuckles… destroy them all!!” they both shouted together, and the monsters swung their axes and began to slowly, yet firmly charge towards the team.
 
“We'll take of these menaces. Everyone else run while you can!” Tuxedo called. The bankers, clerks and customers ran out like lightning, and so the battle was on.
 
“Spread out!” called Sailor Moon, and they each began to go for one of the Iron Knuckles. Link did warn them about these creatures, and they were about to find out how right he was.
 
Jupiter dodged the Knuckle's Axe swing, and tried a jump-kick, but she recoiled without even phasing the creature. “Hey… I think these guys really are made of solid steel.” she cried.
 
More dodging of the Axe's followed, because Link had warned them that an Iron-Knuckle's axe has enough power in it to slice through solid cement.
 
Mars couldn't use her fire-power in the bank, but her karate-skills, or her hammer were no good either. “Whoa! These guys are strong!” she back-flipped out of the way just in time.
 
“Come on, fight!” growled Koume.
 
Tuxedo Mask took a swing with his can, but Koume just parried him with her broom, and even if he got close enough to attack her by surprise, then Kotake was there to support her sister.
 
At least Sailor Moon was able to back up her boyfriend as well. Still, it seemed to be anyone's fight, but who would emerge victorious.
 
Meanwhile
 
Strange desert music was heard as Link and Venus emerged in the main entrance hall of the…
 
SPIRIT TEMPLE
 
“Wow. This place looked so much bigger on the outside” said Venus.
 
“Oh, just wait…” said Link. “It will seem even larger than outside as you saw.”
 
They walked up the stairs ahead of them, and Venus first thought she knew which way to go. “Come on… let's get this block out of the way.” she said, but Link didn't help her at all.
 
“Venus, we can't.” he said. “Take a look at how big this thing is.”
 
Venus saw he was right, and that block was more than twice the size of all the other blocks ever pushed. This made it far too heavy for them alone to move.
 
“Then how are we supposed to move it?” Venus asked.
 
Link told her about his old friend Nabooru.
 
She was alone wolf-thief and second in-command to Ganondorf, only she refused to bow to such an evil man and plotted against him.
 
When she and Link and Link first met her in his youth, she told him to fetch her a treasure called the “Silver Gauntlets”
 
“These gloves will give you the power to push and pull very heavy things, and at the same time, restore half of the power to my gantlets.”
 
Venus was amazed that there was such a powerful treasure, but what she wondered was where it was and how to get it.
 
Link lead her over to the left side of the room, and a crawlspace. “It's through there?” Venus asked looking confused. “Wait a minute. We have to crawl through that thing, but how can we fit through it?”
 
We are not.” Link said. “You are.”
 
Her eyes widened. “Me? In there alone?” she asked.
 
Link nodded, and then he told her how the Spirit Temple worked…
 
He first started the Spirit Temple when he was younger, smaller, and when he was able to actually use magical powers to travel through time.
 
“But the effect no long works on me now that I'm fully adapted to adulthood.” He replied. “If were to travel back in time now, my body would be able to stand up to the pressure, and I would possibly even die.”
 
Still the hole was too small for Link to get through, but not for Venus. Link told her she had one special power that could help her squeeze through.
 
“Navi, go with her and make sure she stays out of trouble.” He said.
 
“You got it.” Navi said.
 
Venus had sinking feeling she was going to regret this, but trusting in her Master's words, she used her Spirit powers, and changed herself into sand… sand she could shift through the hole and reconfigure herself on the other side.
 
“Worked like a charm.” Navi said.
 
Venus was amazed, and then she got down on her knees and yelled through the hole. “Master… Are you there!!”
 
“Yes…” Link called back. “Now listen carefully.”
 
He rolled through the hole a glowing green orb that contained Farore's Wind. He told her once she found the Gauntlets, to break the orb open and then Link would use it to warp right to her.
 
Venus knew she had to do it, and it was a good thing Navi was there to guide her. So she began her quest.
 
She started from the crawl-hole and found herself confronted by a swarm of bats, but as easy as it was for her to kill them all, neither one of the barred doors on either side of the room opened.
 
“Maybe I should go through this crawlspace.” she said, but Navi discouraged her from it.
 
“Just look through it.” she said.
 
Venus got on her knees and looked through the hole. She couldn't see much, but what she did see was another door, locked and chained. It required a key which she didn't have.
 
“Swell.” she grunted. She looked around the room thinking maybe she missed something, and that's when she noticed the statue. “Hey. This looks just like the other two statutes out there in the entrance hall.”
 
She moved in to get a closer look… “Uh, Venus I wouldn't touch that thing.” cried Navi.
 
“And why not?” Venus asked, but as she laid her hand on the statue, it growled. It actually growled at her and began hopping all around.
 
“What is that thing?”
 
“It's an Armos.” Navi said. “The only way to beat it is give it a shock”
 
“Right, here goes.” Venus said. She tired a jump kick, but as the Armos was made of stone, absolutely no damage was done at all. Not to it anyway.
 
“YEOW!!… That smarts!” she moaned. “All right! Let's try this!”
 
“VENUS CRESCENT BEAM SMASH!!”
 
That did the trick, for the Armos was blown to bits and the bars on the doors were gone. “That was easy enough.”
 
Navi just rolled her eyes.
 
They walked through the door on the left side of the room, and the money it snapped shut behind them, a Stalfos Knight dropped down.
 
“HA! Piece of cake.” she gloated.
 
“SPIRIT SANDSTORM… BLOW!!”
 
She fired her sands at Knight's eyes hopping it would blind him enough for her to sneak past him… but she overlooked something important.
 
The Stalfos was a skeleton. It had no eyes, and that red glow was just magic. The sands were useless against him. “Oops!”
 
“Nice going, Sandy!” Navi mocked.
 
While the sand didn't weaken the Stalfos in strength, it did make his anger grow. “LOOW OUT!!” cried Navi, and Venus dodged out of the way just in time.
 
“Oh well…” Better use Plan-B.” she said.
 
She lead the Stalfos all the way towards a chasm in the room, and trick him into uses his jump-attack, which sent him into the chasm and out of sight. “Talk about a big drop.”
 
Navi rolled her eyes again.
 
The only way across the chasm, and over to the other side was to make the big sheet of steel drop down to form a bridge.
 
Unfortunately the only way to get it to drop was to hit the Crystal-Switch on the other side of it, and Venus' Beam-attack was the only thing she had, and thought it best to save her power.
 
She did however have a copy of Link's bow, and she used it to fire an arrow right at switch which caused the sheet to drop. “Bull's-eye.” She cried. “I don't think even Master could've done better.”
 
“One luck shot doesn't make an archer.” Navi said, “But I suppose you did do good. On we go now.”
 
They crossed the bridge, and walked through the door which barred up after it slammed shut.
 
“Ugh… perfect… more chasms!” Venus grunted.
 
The only monster in the entire chamber was just an Anibus. The good news was; Link warned her all about those creatures and how to stop them. The bad news was; Venus had no fire-attacks of her own, and she had yet to learn her Mirror-Force technique.
 
“Any suggestions?” she asked.
 
“Yeah; kill that monster.” said Navi.
 
Venus rolled her eyes. “Any… other, more helpful… suggestions?”
 
“Yeah… DODGE!!” and they both moved away from the Anibus' flames just as they nearly came into contact.
 
Venus landed near the other barred door to the right of the room, They never did anything this hard in my Video Game. she thought. “So how am I supposed to beat this thing?”
 
That's when she realized she was leaning on another Crystal-switch, and her weight forced against it cause it to activate a shoot up a giant flame-geyser right beside her for a few seconds.
 
“Wait… that's it!” she thought.
 
Navi flew right past the Anibus, “What are you doing?” she cried. “Haven't you figured out a plan by now?!”
 
Venus grabbed Navi and held her tight as she stood right behind the spot where the fire shot up from. “Just trust me.” she said.
 
The Anibus heard the sound of her voice and began to float towards her and Navi. “Venus?” Navi cried as the Anibus got even closer. “Venus…?!”
 
“Easy… easy Navi, just trust me.”
 
The Anibus was ready to fire, but as it drew in it's breath. Venus quickly rolled the left, Slashed the Crystal-switch wither bow, and fired and arrow just as the fire-geyser shot up.
 
The arrow passed right through the fire, and struck the Anibus through the heart; Vaporizing it in a flash and in flames.
 
“I knew my years Video-Game shootings would payoff.” she gloated. “You okay, Navi? …Navi?”
 
But Navi just lay in her hands all shaken up. “Yeah, yeah… sure, sure!” she trembled. Still, the bars on the doors were gone so they could exit.
 
In the next chamber, Navi warned here. “Listen… Watch out for the shadows of monsters that hang from the ceiling.”
 
Venus just waved her hand and snorted. “No need to tell me. I've got it all worked out.” she bragged… while not noticing the shadow by her feet.
 
As she walked forward and began to gather the five Silver Rupees in the room, she just walked forward in time when a Wall-Master smashed down right beside her.
 
“WHOA!! Of course I could be wrong!!”
 
It was bad enough having to deal with the Wall-Master, but her shriek had awakened the bats in the room and they began to pelt at her from the air. “No… get the Wall-Master first.” she kept saying to herself.
 
“VENUS… CRESCENT BEAM… SMASH!!
 
POW!! Not only was the Wall-Master was destroyed, but the bats just scuttled off the nearest corner with fear in their eyes.
 
“AND I GOT MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM!!” Venus growled fiercely. The bats just wrapped themselves up in their wings.
 
Venus was able to grab the rest of the Rupees, which cause another sheet of steel to drop and form a bridge across the pit where two unlit torches lay near the door.
 
But this time Venus had an idea of how to light them. “I take this arrow…” she said to herself. “And light it on fire… like this.” Then she crossed over the bridge, and light the torches causing a small chest to drop. “Problem solved.”
 
“And Link said I need to watch after her.” Navi muttered.
 
Venus opened the chest and got the first small key. Then she and Navi went through the door and emerged back in the circular room the first entered.
 
She walked down to the crawlspace. “Master… Master!!” she called. “I have the first key.”
 
“Well done, Venus. Well done!” Link called back. “Now take it to the first locked door you saw, but after that you'll be on your own. Good luck.”
 
“Thanks… I'll be back soon.” Venus called, and with that settled her only choice was to head through the other crawlspace and continue her part of the quest.
 
Meanwhile, in Tokyo
 
Those Iron Knuckles really proved o be quite the adversaries. Neither one of them looked ready to collapse yet, and all the others were getting exhausted.
 
“Aww… Is our little team of heroes tired? Ho, ho, ho!”
 
“Well, you'll be taking a nice long rest very soon. Hee, hee, hee!”
 
But suddenly, the witches got a really disturbing feeling. They could sense that something was going wrong inside the Spirit Temple back in the desert.
 
“Koume… do feel that?”
 
“I sure do, Kotake.”
 
The witches knew they had to hurry back at once. They couldn't let anything happen to their precious Temple. So they mounted their brooms and began to fly away.
 
“We'll meet again Sailor scouts!!” they shouted out through the distance.
 
“Hey! Come back here!!” shouted Sailor Moon, but then she realized that Iron Knuckles were still there. Their battle was not over yet.
 
“I just hope, Venus and Master get back soon.” cried Mars. “We can't keep this up forever.”
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
HERO AND SAILORS SAY
 
Link: “Venus and Navi had to really be prepared for all the dangers they had to face in the temple, alone. It just couldn't be helped.”
 
Mina: “Sometimes in real life, it's better if you do some simple things on your own for very important reasons. For one thing, you'll get more credit for finishing on your own.”
 
Serena: “Another thing is, some people just won't know how to do certain things, and it would be much better to leave the task up to those who can accomplish it.”
 
Amy: “Still, it is a good idea if you first actually now what your up to at first before you start anything complicated.”
 
Rei: “But always remember, that some tasks are much better done alone, than with a team. After all, if you want something done right, you may as well do it yourself.”
 
Lita: “Just remember not everything can be done in teamwork in life, and those that are a Do-it-Yourself thing, always remember to be prepared.”
 
(Song performed in a fantasy world)
 
(Mina and Link are Egyptian rulers, and the others are servants)
 
 
(Pharaoh Link)
 
I know that your powers of retention
Are as wet as a
big waterslide
But thick as you are, pay attention

There's more riding on this than pride
 
(Priestess Mina)
 
It's clear from your vacant expressions
The lights are not all on upstairs
But we're talking
of great big successions
Even you can't be caught unawares
(Both)
 
So prepare for a chance of a lifetime
Be prepared for sensational news
A shining new era
Is tiptoeing nearer
(Serena)
 
And where do we feature?
 
(Link)

Just listen to teacher
I know it sounds sordid
But you'll be rewarded
 
(Mina)
 
When at last we have paid all the dues
And injustice deliciously squared
 
(Both)
 
Be prepared!

(Darien and Serena)

It's great that we'll soon be connected.
 
(Rei, Amy and Lita)
 
With a victory that will be adored.
(Link)
 
Of course, quid pro quo, it's expected
To take certain duties on board
(Mina)
 
The future is littered with prizes
And though
it prove quite the task
 
(Both)
 
The point that we must emphasize is
There's one you need, do you see!
So prepare for
a shock of the century
(Oooh!)
Be prepared for the murkiest
trail
(Oooh... La! La! La!)
Sincere planning
(We'll do good!)
Tenacity spanning
(Really Good)
There can't bee
denial
(We repeat)
Is simply why we'll
(Ends will meet)
Be always win undisputed
(Aaaaaaah...)
For goodness we've saluted
(...aaaaaaah...)
And seen for the wonder
it is
(...aaaaaaah!)
Yes,
our strength, and our hearts are bared
(Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo)
Be prepared!
(All)

Yes, our strength, and our hearts are bared
Be prepared!