Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ Part Two: Weaknesses ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
 
With the two witches gone, you'd think the battle would be easier… WRONG!! In fact, without the witches to control them, the Iron Knuckles were left with no one to control them, and their only purpose was to destroy anything, that's ANYTHING around them.
 
Now even though the scouts and Tuxedo Mask lead them out of the bank, now the entire town was liable to get smashed, and brutalized by those giant axes.
 
But how could you possibly destroy something that seemed to have no weaknesses at all?
 
“Why don't we just go for the eyes?” suggested Sailor Moon.
 
Jupiter turned to get a good look at the one pursuing her as she ran. “They haven't got any eyes, Sailor Moon!” she cried.
 
Sailor Moon then thought. “Well… then go for the mouth, or the throat… any of their vulnerable spots!”
 
Mars dodged another axe blow. “Their made of iron!! They don't have vulnerable spots!!” she growled.
 
This was really starting to look tragic. The best thing to do know was split them up so they couldn't tray and gang up on the team.
 
So they lead the knuckles to a nearby construction zone in the hopes of finding ways to beat them in there.
 
Tuxedo mask was being perused up the floors of an incomplete building. Mars, and Mercury were facing another one by the lounges and trailers. Sailor Moon was being chased up a quarry hill… and Jupiter was still being chased by the last one.
 
That battle only seemed to have just begun!
 
Meanwhile, in the Spirit Temple
 
Venus used her sand-shifting powers to sneak under the crawlspace to the locked door, and practically had to jump-up to get the key into the lock. “Sure do have a lot of big plans for this temple.” she muttered as she went through the door.
 
In the next chamber her only option was to scale up a wall. Well, that would have been easy, if the wall hadn't had any Skullwalltulas.
 
Venus was lucky she still had her Hookshot, so all she did was latch on up to the top and avoided the spiders completely.
 
“You could've just climbed the wall instead.” Navi said.
 
“Yeah, well… that way was faster.” said Venus.
 
She looked around the room. There was a barred door, a crystal switch, and a strange looking relic in the shape of a sun on the floor.
 
Venus tried the crystal switch by hitting it with her Hookshot, but all it did was drop down a chest with some Bombachus inside it. “Great. What am I supposed to do with these?”
 
“Blow something up with them.” Navi said.
 
Venus rolled her eyes. “I meant… what do I do with them in here?!
 
They both thought it over for a moment, and then Navi spotted something. There was sunlight emitting through some cracks in the rock wall. “Hey! This rock, it sure seems pretty loose.”
 
Venus thought that was weird. The relic of the sun was on the floor, and facing on a perfect angle towards the cracks in the wall.
 
“Hmm… Sun on the floor.” Venus thought “Sunlight through the wall.”
 
Suddenly, she had something in mind. “Navi, quick… get away from there.
 
Navi flew out of the way, though she didn't' have a clue as to why, until she saw Venus light a Bombachu and sent it crawling up the wall blowing a hug hole into it.
 
“What did you do that for?” Navi snapped, but then both she and Venus saw the relic of the sun glow brightly as it was bathed in the sunlight, and the bars on the doors were gone.
 
“It must be a new kind of triggering switch.” Venus said. “When you shine light on this sunspot, it activates or unlocks secrets.”
 
Even Navi that was amazing… even though she already knew it right from the start.
 
With the door now unlocked, they crossed through it and into what seemed to be the main-chamber of the dungeon.
 
There was a rather large statue of what looked like an Egyptian snake-woman, and right before her, on the floor was a small tile with two unlit torches.
 
“I'll bet those unlock something.” said Venus.
 
“Yeah… but how are we going to light them?” asked Navi. “Remember… you have no fire attacks.”
 
Venus knew that, but there was always more than one way to skin a cat… or in their case… light a torch.
 
There was another torch already lit on the top of the stairs, opposite from the way they came in. She leapt up and calculated the angle of the flames, to the unlit torches on the floor.
 
“Yeah… I think this should do it.”
 
She got out her bow and fired two arrows right through the flames which flew right down the other torches, and lit them up causing a giant chest to appear on the tile.
 
She hopped down and opened the chest revealing the Dungeon Map. Although it would help them a bit through more of the temple, it wasn't enough to help them out of their new situation.
 
…How to get out!
 
Well, obviously they couldn't go through the door Venus was just near. It was locked and she didn't have a key. Even with the map in her hands, without the Compass, finding a key wouldn't be easy.
 
There was however another door atop the flight of stairs from where she came in, but unfortunately, they were bared-up.
 
“Hey…” Navi cried. “Over here.”
 
Venus saw she was pointing to a blue floor-switch. Venus pressed on it and the bars did indeed go up, but keeping in mind that stepping off the switch would juts bring the bars back down, they had to find something to weigh the switch down.
 
The urns and pots on the floor weren't heavy enough, and Venus couldn't just stand on the switch and try to beat the bars with her sand-shifting technique, it would take too long for her just to even think of concentrating.
 
“Hey!” Navi called “Venus… up here.”
 
Venus scaled the wall back to the door where she came, and couldn't believe she totally missed the Armos statue sitting there by the door.
 
Although it was true that some of the Armos statues were real live monsters, but some was the operative word, and this statue was nothing but solid stone.
 
“If I can just… push… this… off!!” Venus grunted as she pushed the statue off the ledge and onto the switch. “There… problem solved.”
 
Navi was utterly amazed. “Maybe she can be taught after all.” she muttered.
 
The traced up the stairs… walked through the door… then up another flight of steps to another door and the emerged in a room with more than one puzzle to solve, but according to the map, the next door that was bared-up was the way to go.
 
The problem was, the map was able to tell them that there was another locked door they had to enter after that one, and that door required a key.
 
That took care of that problem… but the next problem was tackling this present chamber, and Venus saw her first task was to eliminate all the Beamos along the ledges by the walls with more of her Bombachus.
 
This made it much easier of her to scout around a bit and gather the silver Rupees. That didn't open the door, nor reveal anything to special… however, the golden torch near the entrance door was now lit.
 
“Hey! Look.” cried Navi. “There's more torches in here.”
 
Venus looked around, “Good eyes, Navi.” she said. She got out one of her arrows, and lit it with a flame. “So, maybe… if we light them all.”
 
When she lit the last torch, a chest dropped down. “Ha! Here's the key. Now we just have to raise the bars on the door.”
 
“Hey. Venus, over here.” Navi called. “Look… there's a sun-relic on this block.”
 
Venus also saw that there was sunlight beaming through a hole in the ceiling. After a series of pushing all the other blocks out of the way “Whew! How does Master do this?” she got the sunlight to shine on the relic, and open the door.
 
“Nice work, Venus… let's go!”
 
They both ran through the door, and up the flight of steps to the locked door. Venus used the key and opened the door, but as soon as they entered the next room, they got trapped in.
 
Then they saw why!
 
There… at the far end of the room, was an Iron-Knuckle. Although it wasn't even moving, Venus remembered everything Link had told her… there was a way for her to beat it…
 
…But first she had to wake it up!
 
“Okay Big-boy…” she said as she aimed her bow, “Let's party!” She fired her arrow, and the monster growled as it came to life.
 
As big and powerful it was, it was pretty slow. Venus already knew of it's one fat weakness; where it was, and how to get at it.
 
Meanwhile, in Tokyo
 
Things weren't improving very well at the construction-site. The others did know of the Knuckles greatest weakness, but the problem was, the knuckles weren't giving them the edge they needed.
 
Especially not Tuxedo Mask… He had been chased as far up the incomplete as he could by the Knuckle following him. Now he was cornered… between the monster in a small space… and a long drop into the crusher below.
 
“Think fast, Tuxedo.” He muttered, but all he could do was dodge that axe. That huge Axe that could slice him into pieces.
 
All his attacks useless, but he wouldn't be alone for too long as Sailor Jupiter was taking the elevator straight to the top. “Hang tight, Darien!”
 
Tuxedo finally dodged the wrong way which sent him off the edge and he was hanging on for dear life over the angry crusher six stories below him.
 
“Whoa… this is not good!” he cried.
 
The Knuckle ran its metal finger over the blade of its axe and took great aim ready to hack him to his doom, but before he could…
 
“Hey Metal-Head!” Jupiter called. The Knuckle looked to see Jupiter leap off the highest ledge “Coming at you!!”
 
BAM!!
 
Such a powerful kick… knocked the Knuckle clear off the ledge and sent with a mighty big crash into the crusher, which chewed it up and spit it out as a pile of scrap-metal.
 
Jupiter helped Tuxedo up. “Thanks Jupiter. I though I was finished.” He said.
 
Jupiter nodded, and at least now one of them Knuckles were gone. “That's one down… and three to go.” she said.
 
So there was more than one way to beat them, now that they could pass on the message, the battle would probably tip in their favor.
 
Meanwhile, back in the Spirit Temple
 
Venus had been standing where she was for a while now, as the Iron Knuckle moved closer and closer to strike her down.
 
“Okay, Venus… any time now!” Navi cried.
 
Venus was actually concentrating her powers… waiting to unleash it in one giant blast. She waited… and waited…
 
The Knuckle raised its axe… but before it could strike--
 
Venus stuck her finger, which was sparkling madly… right on the skirt part of its armor. “VENUS CRECENT BEAM…!!!”
 
Navi couldn't believe it.. “Venus!! What are you doing!” she cried. “IF you fire at that close range… You'll blow-up yourself too!!”
 
Venus was aware of that, but she had a plan… “… SMASH!!”
 
The Knuckle growled in anger and pain as it's body sparked like crazy, and then… KABLAM!!
 
Absolutely nothing was left… not even a dash of armor from either the Iron Knuckle, nor Venus' armor.
 
“Venus. Oh, Venus.” Navi cried, but then she heard the sound of moaning coming from behind her. She turned and looked. “…Venus!”
 
It was her… and she was smashed into the wall.
 
She knew fully well she would get destroyed if she remained that close to the Knuckle, so right as she launched her Beam… she leapt up slightly and the force of her bean sent her flying backward… right into the wall and out of the way.
 
While the blast was so strong, it penetrated right through the Knuckle's skirt armor and blasted it right on the very line that separated the upper-body from the lower-body… destroying it for good, in just one shot.
 
The bars on both of the doors in the room were gone, allowing her and Navi to exit… if she could just snap out of it first. She did hit that wall pretty hard. “Ow… even my hair hurts.”
 
She shook herself to snap out of it. “Come on… let's get out of here.”
 
They crossed over to the door on the far side, and they found themselves outside… standing on the temple, in the statue's giant right hand, with a giant treasure chest with them.
 
“Hey! This is it… we've found it.” cried Navi.
 
“You mean?” Venus asked.
 
Navi nodded, that chest indeed contained the Silver Gauntlets. That hidden treasure that would power both her and Link put enough to move that huge stone in the entrance-hall.
 
First, she did what Link told her to do, and set the Farore's Wind point. Navi then flew down and back into the Temple to tell Link.
 
While Navi was gone, Venus opened the chest and received the Gauntlets. Her body began to glow as she could feel her power increasing, but suddenly--
 
She turned round, and saw the two witches hovering right near here.
 
“Hello, little dear. Hee, hee, hee…”
 
“Again I say… Hello little dear. Ho, ho, ho…”
 
Then Link popped up from the warp spot just in time to catch what was happening. “Venus!” he cried. “Let her go, you two!”
 
“Not a chance, kid. She is ours now!” snarled Koume.
 
“Now, we can do whatever we wish with her.” added Kotake.
 
The two witches held up a ball of glowing energy, one red, and one blue, and fired it at Venus, sending her away. “MASTER!!!” she cried.
 
“VENUS!!!”
 
The two witches cackled and then vanished… leaving Link with anger blazing through his eyes. “This is it, Navi.” he said. “Things are about to heat up around here.”
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
HERO AND SAILORS SAY
 
Link: “Poor Mina… looks like those witches got the best of her after all, but most of the time in the real world, that's what being unfortunate is usually about.”
 
Mina: “That's right. When someone, or something is most unfortunate, it means that it happened most unexpectedly, and it can either help, or worsen the situation.”
 
Serena: “It's sort of like the way Master was when he discovered that we were the ones who could help him in his quest. Or his arrival on Earth at that as well.”
 
Amy: “But you still must be alert and prepared for the unexpected, or people can take advantage of you, and then things may not go as well.”
 
Rei: “So even if Mina gets captured, its most unfortunate for her and the witches that Master is still there to save the day.”
 
Lita: “The unexpected, and being unfortunate. Two of the most tricky forces of deception, always stay alert, and you'll get the better of them before they can get the better of you any day.”
 
(Song performed by the Twinrova sisters)
 
Venus was all bound and shackled to the wall of a secret chamber in the Temple. Even her new super-strength wasn't good enough to break the super-steeled chains.

“Struggling only makes them tighter, dear.” said Koume.
 
“But don't worry, child, we'll let you down soon enough.” Added Kotake. “After your little makeover that is. Ho, ho, ho…”
 
“Makeover?” Venus had to ask. “What are you going to do to me?”
 
The two witches sniggered. “You'll see soon enough, child.” said Koume.
 
“We're planning to make you… one of our most humble minions.” added Kotake. “And before you ask… Yes… we can do it, and we will.”
 
(Music Starts)
 
(Koume)
 
We admit that in the past we've been quite nasty
They weren't kidding when they called
us both a witch
 
(Kotake)
 
And we find that nowadays. They were right in all the ways
We love dark, and not the light, and will not switch
(Not ever)
 
(Koume)
 
And so the both of us had combined all our magic
And we've have come to own all that we've possessed
 
(Kotake)
 
And dear lady, please don't laugh. Because here on our behalf
You will serve us, and won't feel to be depressed (pathetic)
 
(Koume)
 
Poor unfortunate soul
Now here's what we need
This
Axe-blade it must be thinner
And your Sailor suit must go.
Really must it?
Yes, indeed
 
(Kotake)
 
This poor unfortunate soul
So sad, so true
We've done this so many times
and enjoy it every one
It may look bad but--
It's what we do
 
(Koume)
 
Now it's happened once or twice
Even despite our advice
All our minions had been vanquished into coals
 
(Kotake)
 
Yes… we've received many a complaint
But in the end they always f
aint
(Both)
 
Yes, those poor unfortunate souls
 
(Music stops)
 
Venus really didn't like the way this was going. It was soon revealed what the witches were going to do to her… but still one problem remained.
 
How to get Venus under their spell?
 
“You can brainwash me all you like… but I know that my Master will save me!” she growled. “You-two won't get away with this.”
 
The witches still took no notice of her. “We've dealt with that kid once before.” Said Koume. “He beat us once, but that won't happen again.”
 
Kotake nodded. “This time… there's not a single weapon he has that can send us away now.”
 
(Music starts again, as they begin to work their magic on Venus)
 
(Koume)
 
The men out there many of them faced us/
And each and every one them got dead!
 
(Kotake)
 
Yet there still exists just one, who still right on the run
Who can still just maybe cut us each a head.
 
(Koume)
 
Come on, we can always learn from our big mistakes
And that mistake we will not make again.
 
(Kotake)
 
He could reach us if he'd dare. But we really wouldn't care
For we can now both deal to him a lot of pain
 
(Koume)
 
Come on you poor unfortunate soul
Use your head! Don't you see
!
He can tray, and he can tray, perhaps forever and a day
It w
on't matter much
Not to we.
 
(Kotake)
 
You poor unfortunate soul
It's sad but true
There's no chance he's saving you, my sweet
His chance is smaller than a knoll
 
(Koume)
 
Here's his last will and a pen
And in his blood he'll sign the scroll
 
(Both)
 
For once we're going to win it all.
We both are on a roll
You poor un-fortunate soul!!