Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ It's finally over ( Chapter 50 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes:
 
This is it…
 
I can't believe it, but here it is… after all this time since November, we've made it.
 
At long last after all these years since I was Eight years-old,my dream come-true.
 
FINAL CHAPTER
 
Everyone was sitting in the cargo bay of the shuttle, Lightage. All of them not saying anything. Too horrified, and to ashamed to speak up knowing someone would have to stay behind and activate the bomb.
 
How could they make a decision like that? Well, however they would make it, they had to make it fast as there was only less than 15 minutes to go before Zero Barrier.
 
To make it just a little easier, they already knew who wasn't going to stay behind. Speed, and Renee were needed to fly the shuttle, and the Sailor Scouts, and Darien had lives and families to get back to on Earth.
 
This left only Link, Zelda, and the Six Sages, and still the choice was not easy.
 
Everyone had used up pretty much all their power, and whoever left the cargo bay would be leaving for good. With no possible way out.
 
“All right… we have to make a choice right now.” said Speed. “It takes two people to fly this thing. So either we all stay and die… or the eight of you draw straws.”
 
More silence followed, and then Ruto spoke up. “I say… we all stay and die; but that's me talking.”
 
“I'll draw…” said Zelda. “Let's draw for it.”
 
“Nobody's going to draw straws.” Link said. “I'll stay and take of it.”
 
“Well I can't live with that sort of thing.” said Darunia.
 
“Nobody asked if you live with it!” snapped Impa.
 
They began quarreling a little bit, until Rauru broke them all up. “Do you honestly think that I will let you all volunteer for this so I can live another thousand years in regret that I didn't volunteer myself… Absolutely not!”
 
“Hey y'all…” said Nabooru. “Let's draw… and let's see which one of us is going to stay up here and dance.”
 
There was no other quick way out of it. “All right… let's just draw and get this over with.” said Link.
 
“I'm not drawing against you, Link.” said Saria.
 
“Well I'm going to draw against you… so you better just go along with us.”
 
Darien came over to them all with eight rose-stems clutched in his hand. “Whoever gets the short one… leaves.” he said. One-by-one they each took a stem, and then looked to see who lost.
 
It wasn't Link…
 
It wasn't Rauru, Saria, or Darunia…
 
And it wasn't Ruto, Impa, or Nabooru…
 
Everyone turned slowly around towards Zelda… she had gotten the short one. Everyone stood in shame and horror.
 
“Oh, dear!” Zelda cried. “Well… I guess that's me out.” She said trying to keep calm, but everyone could sense that she was really afraid. “Well… let's go… we have about 10 minutes.”
 
Mercury came over with the results of what to do. “The bomb's outer-shell is very sensitive when's it armed.” she said. “Either you stand over the hole and blast it from above… or send a series of shockwaves through the ground… the bomb will blow.”
 
Zelda nodded. “Yeah… I-I-I can do that…. sure thing.”
 
“I'll take her down.” Link said sounding low. “I want to be with her one last time.”
 
They both walked into the elevator-tube and the hatch sealed. Everyone watching with sad faces as the lift began to move.
 
The sages all held their heads low… they were about to lose their leader… the Princess of their former land. They couldn't even imagine how bad Link was feeling.
 
Actually on the way down, outside… Link and Zelda didn't even look at each other, but Link could feel Zelda's nerves at danger levels…She was scared… really scared.
 
Not to mention he could feel her sadness knowing they would have to say goodbye to each other, and after such a short reunion too.
 
No… he wasn't going to let this happen. He couldn't let her do this to him again… She put her life on the line to save Link when Planet Legora blew up.
 
Besides… he already knew something that would probably make thing all the better. He just had to hope Zelda would realize it too.
The reached rock bottom, and clicked on their bubble-suits… and as they steeped outside, Link was holding one of his arrows behind his back.
 
“Will you do me a favor, Link? Zelda asked. “When you… get back.” she paused. “Tell the Sages… that I will always be with them. Okay? And you please take my place as their leader? …will you?”
 
Link stood right behind her. “Sure… whatever you say, Princess.” he said.
 
Then quick like lightning he stabbed his arrow right through her suit, popping a huge hole in the back causing all the air to get sucked out of it. Zelda gasped, and held her neck trying to breathe. “AAH!!… AH!!
 
Link whirled her around to face him as he rubbed his hand across his chest and handed her the Triforce. “Take this with you back to Earth!” he told her as he slipped through the hole and into her dress.
 
Then he picked her up fiercely, “Make sure it gets back safely!!” and he shoved her back into the tube. “Get in there!!”
 
Zelda was still gasping and choking as Link leapt back outside… sealed the doors up, and jammed them tight so she couldn't get back out.
 
“It's my turn now!”
 
Zelda hastily stretched and ripped out of her suit. “LINK!! LINK!!” she screamed as she got up and pounded on the glass. “YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! IT'S MY JOB!!”
 
Link shook his head. “No it isn't, Zelda… it should never have been your job to begin with.” he said.
 
Zelda's eyes widened. Tears began to pour down her face as Link look directly into her eyes. “Zelda… I love you. More than anything, in all the dimensions, times, and places in this Universe.”
 
“You risked yourself once to save me… but I could never live with myself if I let you do it again.” he placed his hand directly on the glass where hers was.
 
Zelda's tears were falling in earnest now. Streaking down her face, splashing on the floor, and staining her dress. “Link.” she sobbed.
 
Link let go of the glass, and hit the Up-switch. “Thank you, Zelda...”
 
“Link, No!!”
 
“I love you, dear!”
 
The lift started to go up and Zelda was on her knees crying madly now as she pounded on the glass.
 
“LINK… I LOVE YOU!! DON'T GO LINK… NO, YOU CAN'T… LINK, NO… PLEASE!!”
 
“My Princess.”
 
“DON'T DO THIS, LINK… PLEASE, DON'T LEAVE ME!!”
 
“LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK!!!”
 
Then, she was gone, and Link began to walk away towards the drill site.
 
While up in the shuttle…
 
Everyone was most shocked. Instead of meeting Link in the tube, they found Zelda on her knees and crying like No-tomorrow.
 
“What happened?” asked Darien.
 
Then Saria had a pretty good idea. “That crazy, stubborn, Son-of-a--!!”
 
Back outside
 
Link took the time to gaze around him and he sighed. “Yeah… that's me all right… a real big hero.” he said sarcastically. “All right, Speed… let's get everyone out of here.”
 
On the Shuttle
 
“Everyone prepare for lift-off.” said Speed.
 
“All systems checked, and confirmed.” added Renee.
 
The Sailors and the Sages hastily helped each other strap into their seats. Both Impa, and Sailor Moon had to help Zelda because she barley even moving. She looked so petrified, and her eyes all empty and saddened.
 
“Is she going to be alright?” asked Sailor Moon.
 
Impa just shook her head, “All we can do… is hope.”
 
Back outside
 
Link had climbed into the Armadillo that had been left behind, and took off his bubble-suit. Then he got out his Ocarina, and played Saria's song, and by using just a little bit of magic he saved from the Triforce…
 
On the shuttle…
 
Everyone heard the song, but instead of Link just talking to them by thought, he used his magi to create a holographic image of himself on the bridge.
 
“Master?” said Sailor Moon.
 
“Link?” cried Zelda.
 
Link smiled, “Hey everyone.” he said. “Look… I haven't got much time so I'll want to make this as short as I can.”
 
He cast his look towards the Sailor Scouts. “I want to thank you girls for everything.” He said. “I never could have done all this if it wasn't for all of you.”
 
The girls felt touched… so touched, that they began crying softly. “And Darien… you're the best ally a hero could ever ask for.”
 
Darien shut his eyes tight and sniveled. “Hey… no sweat.” he cried. “I still would've been dead by now if it wasn't for you and your friends.”
 
“We all would have been dead long ago…” cried Jupiter. “If it wasn't for you, Master.”
 
“We're so scared.” cried Sailor Moon.
 
Link smiled sadly. “I know you are… and so am I.” he said. “But there won't be anything to be scared of soon.”
 
“Look… I want you all to know… I may not be gone for too long at all.”
 
He told them that he had given Zelda the Triforce, and they all remembered the legends. Whoever had all three forces in balance, like Link or Zelda, they could have any wish they wanted granted.
 
They could wait for Link to go down, and then bring him back… but the chances that it would actually work were almost nothing, to hopeless.
 
“But I want you all to know… if this doesn't work… if I can't be brought back… I want you all to know.” A tear rolled down Link's cheek. “… That I love you all… very much.”
 
Everyone, even Speed and Renee had a tear to shed.
 
“We all love you too, Master.” cried Mars.
 
“From the bottom of our hearts, brother.” added Darunia.
 
“I have to go now.” Link say. “Goodbye.” And his image faded out.
 
“No… Link no!” cried Zelda. She buried her face in her hands again and sobbed softly.
 
A few minutes later… the shuttle was ready for take off, and everyone was all strapped and ready to go. They also had to hurry, because another dust storm was brewing up.
 
“What happening up there? Why haven't you left yet.” asked Link.
 
“We're going, Link.” said Speed. “Fire thrusters!”
 
Renee fired the rockets, but all the engines did was jolt and choke. The shuttle wasn't going anywhere.
 
“Quick… try it again!”
 
They did try again, but ended up with the same results. “What's going on?!” asked Rauru.
 
“The engines aren't firing… we can't get off.”
 
Renee got up to check the engines, and Rauru and Impa went with her, as they were the eons who helped build the shuttle.
 
“Come on! We have to get out of here and fast!” cried Sailor Moon.
 
TIME TO ZERO BARRIER
 
2:47… 2:46… 2:45…
 
At Houston
 
Everyone was growing concerned. The Shuttle should've left by now.
 
“Come in, Lightage… you fire those rockets and you get out of there now!!” cried Yamato.
 
On the Asteroid
 
The rocks were starting to fly everywhere, and the winds were getting angrier. Without Ganondorf to control the Asteroid… all the eruptions and shockwaves came and went at random.
 
“You guys have less than a minute. Don't think I won't blow this thing.” Link called. Then he got knocked over by a few rocks and wind blasts. “Get out of here guys… it's getting real bad out here.” he groaned.
 
“Come on guys… get those engines working!” snapped Speed.
 
Renee, Rauru and Impa had checked over all the systems and so far… absolutely nothing seemed to be out of place. “There's got to be something!” said Rauru.
 
“Whatever it is, find it and fix it NOW!!” growled Renee.
 
The storm was growing even wilder outside. “Guys I mean it… GET OFF THIS ROCK!!” shouted Link.
 
Then suddenly, they found the fault in the engines. “I don't believe it…” she said “I put a battery-transformer on upside-down.”
 
The moment she adjusted it to the right position, the engines began coming back online. “All right… let's hurry.” said Renee.
 
Link could hear the shuttle roaring to life. “Play it all you want, fly-guys.”
 
Everyone was strapped in tight. “Initiate thrusters on my mark.” snapped Speed. “Two. One… BLAST OFF!!”
 
POW!! The rockets fired, and everyone was thrown hard back into their seats as they began going up faster and faster, leaving Link behind.
 
Link shielded his eyes from the brightness of the thrusters as the shuttle climbed higher and higher. Finally, they had maximum thrust and were well away from the Asteroid.
 
Speed looked down through his window. “Thank you, Link.” he said. “Thank you.”
 
Now that the shuttle was far enough, all Link had to do was thrust his sword into he ground and that would trigger so many shockwaves and gas pockets, that the bomb would explode.
 
He had to hurry because it was still unknown if the blast would only split the Asteroid in half… and if it did beyond Zero-Barrier… the Earth was doomed!
 
But before Link could even ready himself… the Asteroid began to go berserk. Quaking and erupting. The ground was breaking up all around Link and sending him way up high.
 
At Houston
 
TIME TO ZERO BARRIER
 
1:17… 1:16… 1:15…
 
“Shuttle's out of range… still no detonation!” cried Kakeru.
 
Yamato was really getting irritated. “Come on, Link… blow the bomb! Blow it now!!”
 
 
Link quickly whipped out his Hookshot and latched it around a d loop in a rock before he flew off into space and was no struggling and grunting madly trying to pull himself back down.
 
While on the shuttle. Speed was getting really worried that the bomb hadn't been blown yet. “Something's not right… too much time has gone by.”
 
TIME TO ZERO BARRIER
 
1:02… 1:01… 1:00…
 
Himeko was calculating the time limit. “Zero-Barrier is about to be breached… One Minute!”
 
55… 54… 53…
 
Speed began reaching for a lever. “We're going back and do it ourselves!”
 
“Just don't…” said Venus. “Wait one more minute!”
 
4241… ;40
 
Link finally crashed onto the ground hard and rolled over a bit upon his landing near the hole.
 
3938… ;37
 
“We're about to cross the threshold!” cried Kakeru.
 
“Come on… blow that bomb, Link!!” cried Yamato.
 
2625… ;24
 
“Colonel!” snapped Venus. “We're asking you… JUST… ONE… MORE… MINUTE!!”
 
1918… ;17
 
Link stood himself upright in the storm, and pulled out his sword.
 
1615… ;14
 
“Link will do it. I know he will.” Zelda said softly. She looked out the window. “He doesn't know how to fail.”
 
1312… ;11
 
Link looked straight ahead of him, directly at the Earth, and he held his glowing sword up high over his head.
 
10… 9… 8… 7…
 
“WE WIN ZELDA!!”
 
6… 5…4…
 
“DO IT NO-O-O-OW!!” shouted Yamato.
 
3… 2…1…
 
Link brought his arms down hard and thrusted his sword right into the ground.
 
ZERO!!
 
BOOM!!
 
The Asteroid gave a very huge jolt, and began to quake. Causing Link's eyes to open wide to his very last thoughts of all his friends and loved ones as they zoomed right past his face.
 
Serena… Amy… Rei… Lita… Mina… Darien…Luna… Artimus…Queen Serenity Rauru… Saria… Darunia… Ruto… Impa… Nabooru… Navi… and finally at the very end…
 
Zelda! His love!
 
KABOOM… KAPOW… KABLAM
 
The entire drill site went up in flames, vaporizing Link's body and all the equipment in a flash. The Asteroid began shaking violently as explosions spread all over its surface, and it began to flare up.
 
Everyone in the shuttle screamed and hid their eyes from the radiation of the explosions.
 
The Asteroid turned a very bright white and then… THE BIGGEST AND BADDEST OF ALL EXPLOSIONS!! Followed by green radiations lights, and humming sounds.
 
The shuttle got rocked and bumped about violently as small rocks began to pelt at it's outer shell. Rocking and tumbling everyone inside.
 
Mortified screams… groans and cries came from them all as they were rocked about int heir seats.
 
At Houston
 
Everyone was cheering wildly.
 
“We have detonation!” cried Kakeru. “Confirming detonation!”
 
All across the world… people in every town, city, and country looked up at the bright explosion that filled the night skies making it as bright as day, and the rest heard the news.
 
Everyone on Earth leapt up onto their feet and cheered. Their cheering was so big and powerful… you could almost here it from space.
 
….
 
There was one final HUGE EXPLOSION… and millions of tiny rocks, no bigger than a suitcase began to fly in all directions.
 
Kakeru calculated everything up. “The target has been completely vaporized!” he cried. “Most of the small pieces will miss the Earth entirely, and all the rest will burn up harmlessly in the atmosphere.”
 
It was all over.
 
 
The armor on the Sailor Scout's suits had vanished, and their suits became plain again. Darien also lost his Goron sword and Deku nuts again. Which definitely meant… he was gone!
 
The shuttle had began to soar through the meteor-shower, and everyone got out of their seats To take one last look as the lights of the explosion faded out.
 
“Houston… this is Lightage.” Speed said softly. “Mission accomplished… we're coming home.”
 
“We copy that, Lightage.”
 
“Yo, Link…” Darunia said under his breath. “… You the man.”
 
Zelda placed her hand on her window, and her head sank down past her arms as her tears began to float around in the weightlessness.
 
Darien walked over to the sobbing Princess. She turned to him and then threw herself into his arms and began to let out all her emotion.
 
The Sailor Scouts all began to cry softly, and the Sages each had a tear to shed.
 
The next morning
 
The sun rose on one half of the world to begin a new day, and at the same time was setting on the other half marking the end of the great nightmare.
 
Most countries across the world were still cheering, and they had every right too… not only was the Asteroid gone… but Ganondorf… the King of Evil had been completely destroyed, finally and forever.
 
He would never be able to return to their world, either in spirit, or bodily form. His Evil would never again threaten the Universe… thus peace had finally been restored.
 
The shuttle was now Soaring over the Californian-Airport, preparing to touchdown. Everyone couldn't wait to get off.
 
“I never really told anyone this before… but I really hate flying.” said Nabooru.
 
“You and me both.” said Jupiter. “It'd be an awful shame to die now.”
 
Zelda just wanted to get down there fast… remembering what she had to do. She used to Triforce Link had given her.
 
Her first wish was to restore the Earth and all those who had been killed before the Asteroid had even begun it's reign of terror.
 
As a result, every building that had been destroyed, and every person who had been killed was completely restored to their former glory, and the Earth was I one piece again.
 
Like a Miracle.
 
Then… she didn't wish for only her beloved Link to be brought back to life. She wished to bring back everyone who had been lost on the mission, and to have them awaiting their arrival down on Earth.
 
“Touchdown looking good.” said Speed.
 
“Minus 10 feet.” Added Renee. “Four. Three. Two. One!”
 
The shuttle gave a huge jolt as the landing wheels screeched against he runway, and gently glided to a complete stop.
 
“Welcome home, astronauts.” said Speed. “And welcome to Earth, everyone.” he said to the sages.
 
The hatch opened wide and they could hear the sound of crowds cheering to welcome them back. They waited until the escape slide was stretched out.
 
“After you… Princess.” Darien said.
 
Zelda nodded, and then she leapt onto the slide and slide down followed by everyone else at random. They began marching away from the shuttle towards the welcoming crowd.
 
And there at the front of them all…
 
Colonel Kata Xerxes… Pilot Shana Elmsford… Lt's. Estevan Gruber, and Ryua Malfoy. There were all back to life and looking fine, and there was Navi hovering above Link's head.
 
Zelda immediately began to run towards him, with tears in her eyes and her heart rushing faster than her feet.
 
Everyone began applauding when Link took Zelda into his arms and twirled her around. As the girls all looked on ahead… they realized that their whole families had been brought to the runway by NASA escort.
 
All of them so happy their daughters had made it home safely,, and even prouder to know they were the Sailor Scouts all along.
 
Mercury even got to see her long lost astringed father. (His face will be off screen)
 
Mars's Grandpa still thought he was only seeing things. No way his granddaughter was Sailor Mars… but Chad knew it was true, and Rei even dipped him back and actually planted one on him.
 
“You still owe me that date big guy.” She said. “I just saved your butt big time.”
 
Sailor Moon and Darien were sharing a warm embrace, but it was broken when Sailor Moon saw her family coming for her.
 
Sammy walked right up to her and look her straight in the eyes. “Serena?”
 
She nodded, and Sammy hugged her warmly and began to cry into her shoulder. Sailor Moon hugged her little brother back as her tears began to fall, and she kissed his cheek.
 
Then it was huge family hug with Ikuko and Kenji.
 
Darien wiped a tear from his eye.
 
As Link and Zelda kept on staring at each other and Zelda kept creasing his face wither hands. Yamato Nervously approached them and the other Aliens. “Excuse me, folks.” He said.
 
He salted to them all. “Yamato :Matt” Ishida. Executive Director of the National Air Space Agency, Houston, Texas.”
 
Then he held out his hand. “On behalf of all the people of Earth… I welcome you all in peace.”
 
Link shook his hand first… then Zelda, and each of the Sages.
 
“You know… maybe these Earthlings aren't so bad after all.” said Ruto.
 
The Sailor scouts then began crowding around Link hugging him and planting kisses all over his cheeks.
 
“Oh, Master.”
 
“Welcome back, cowboy.”
 
Link smiled at all the girls and Darien. “Thank you all.” he said. “I really don't know how to express my gratitude for all your help.”
 
They all began to giggle. “I think we all know a way.” said Jupiter.
 
Then Zelda walked up to Link. “My Hero… may I?” she asked while blushing.
 
The Sages all nodded and everyone began chanting. “Do it! Do it! Do it!”
 
Who was Link kidding. He gently took Zelda into his arms, and their lips touched for the first time in Ten-Thousand years.
 
Everyone cheered for joy.
 
(Don't log off just yet… there is the Epilogue coming you know)
 
FINAL HERO AND SAILORS SAY
 
Link: “Well that's it… it's all over now.”
 
Serena: “We all like to thank you on behalf of ourselves, and those supporting character in this story.”
 
Amy: “And to those who let us create characters to use in this plot…”
 
Rei: “To Raechibikid as Renee Watson… Hybrid Speed and Col. Speed Hybrid.”
 
Lita: “Estevan… Shana Elmsford… and Ryua Malfoy.”
 
Mina: “On Behalf of all of us… and on behalf of Mykan himself, the guy who made all this possible.”
 
All: “THANKS FOR READING.”
 
(Final song available in the Epilogue)