Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Tenoh's ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Tenoh's
Author's Note: I had the hardest time trying to think of a title for this story. This idea just came to me and it wouldn't leave my mind so I decided to write it out even though I have many stories unfinished. Oh well…hope you enjoy reading it.
---------------------------------------------
A jet black 2005 Mustang stopped in front of a thirty story building, it pull around the side of the building and the driver inside took out a card from their wallet and stopped the car in front of a large garage door. They slid the card into a box beside the entrance of the garage; the door slowly began to open which made a cracking noise as the gears of the door brought the door up. The driver revved the engine and slowly drove the car inside the garage making sure not to hit the poles that marked the end of the curb and the beginning of the parking spots. The black Mustang parked beside a silver Mazda which belonged to the driver's partner. The driver's door opened and out stepped a tall blonde holding two bags filled of take out food, the blonde walked over to the elevator and pushed the button.
The elevator doors dinged open and the blonde stepped inside and pushed 30 on the panel; the elevator doors opened at the thirtieth floor and the blonde stepped out and made their way over to apartment number 3026 while they carefully got the keys out of their jean pant pocket and opened the door. The apartment was dark except for the flashing of the television screen in the living room. The blonde put the two bags of food in the kitchen and quietly went into the living room were a figure lied on the couch. A smile formed on the blonde's face at the scene before her -her partner was curled into a little ball fast asleep with the most beautiful content smile on her face. The blonde stood there not wanting to wake her, she knelt down on the carpet before her and stared at her face, she slowly brought her hand up and caressed the cheek of her lover. The aqua haired goddess moved her head into the blonde's hand and slowly opened her tired eyes; she smiled at the blonde before her.
“Hi,” she whispered.
“Hey sleeping beauty, time for dinner.” The blonde stood from her kneeling position and offered her her hand. The sleeping beauty took the offered hand and stood from her sleeping position and followed her blonde lover into the kitchen. They eat their dinner in silence, just glad to be in each others presence.
“Thanks for getting dinner Ruka, it was very good.” The aqua haired woman stood from her spot and took her dishes over to the sink to be washed later.
“You're welcome sweetheart.” Haruka put her dishes in the sink beside Michiru's then she flipped off the light in the kitchen and joined Michiru in the living room. She sat beside Michiru on the couch and wrapped her arm around her shoulder; Michiru leaned her head against Haruka's shoulder and brought her feet up on the couch. The smell of Haruka's cologne lingered by Michiru's nose, she closed her eyes and breathed in the wonderful smell.
“How are you feeling Michi?” Haruka looked down into a tired face that she loved so much. Michiru opened her eyes and looked into concerned teal eyes.
“I'm better now that your home.” She took the blonde's hand in hers and lightly squeezed it; Haruka brought Michiru's hand up to her mouth and lightly kissed it. The past five days Michiru had the flu, her appetite was slowly coming back but she still didn't have all her strength back yet from her fever she encountered the first two days.
The sound of soft breathing was heard; Haruka looked down at Michiru and a loving smile came to her face. Michiru had fallen asleep in her strong arms; Haruka brushed away a strand of aqua hair from her face and tucked it behind her ear. `I hope you are back to your healthy self soon Michi,' Haruka kissed her on the forehead; Michiru mumbled something in her sleep.
Haruka carefully stood from the couch trying not to wake her and picked her up and carried her to the bedroom, Michiru curled herself closer to Haruka's body heat. She gently laid her on the bed and covered her up with a thick comforter, she bent over and placed a kiss on her cheek,
“Sweet dreams Michiru.” She made her way to the door and closed it quietly then walked back into the living room to watch some television.
------------------------------------------
The room was pitch black, the only thing seen was the digital clock that read 1:38 am. A squeak came from the bed as the person asleep turned over, a hand rested upon an empty spot next to her. Tired eyes opened a bit, `Haruka?' Her love was not there, the spot was cold from the night's chilly air. She slipped out of bed and her feet hit the soft carpet, she hugged herself as she made her way out of the room. In the living room the television screen was on but no sound came from it. On the couch laid Haruka who was fast asleep, curled up as tight as possible trying to keep warm.
“Haruka,” she kneeled down in front of her and whispered, “Haruka,” she caressed the blonde's cheek.
“Hmm…” Michiru smiled as the blonde slowly opened her tired eyes.
“Why didn't you come to bed?” She looked into her love's eyes.
“I didn't want to disturb you,” the blonde's voice was full of sleep. Michiru took hold of Haruka's hand and helped her up off the couch, the blonde didn't protest, she allowed Michiru to pull her into the bedroom and into bed. Michiru moved as close as possible to Haruka and laid her arm on her stomach -as Haruka laid on her back- while she leaned her head against her chest and closed her eyes. She finally could find sleep now that her `heater' was in the bed with her.
------------------------------------------
In the kitchen sat Haruka who had a piece of toast in her left hand and in her right hand was an envelope from the mail yesterday. In the left corner of the envelope was the name of her parents, `Why would they send me something?' She thought as she took a bite of her toast. `I haven't seen them for over five years,' Haruka flipped the envelope over and looked at the back, it was blanket. She let out a sigh and put her toast on the plate and slowly ripped opened the envelope. Inside a purple piece of paper was neatly folded three times, she took it out and slowly unfolded it. At the top in bold black letters `You're invited to attend the Wedding of Jasutin Tenoh and Hirari Mira,' a small smile crossed Haruka's lips, `Jasutin is finally getting married.' The sound of footsteps came into the room and two arms were wrapped around the blonde's waist,
“What are you smiling about?” Michiru leaned her chin on Haruka's shoulder and looked over at the piece of paper she held in her hands.
“Who's that?” Michiru grabbed the last piece of toast from Haruka's plate and took a bite. Haruka chuckled at her,
“I see you got your appetite back.” She turned around in the chair and faced Michiru who let go of her.
“My cousin Jasutin is getting married in July,” she looked down at the paper and smiled at the memory of their last encounter. It was over six years ago, Haruka was nineteen and Jasutin was sixteen, Jasutin wanted her to teach him how to drive and let's just say they will never forget it.
“I haven't seen him or my family since I moved here.” She stood from her chair and took the empty plate over to the sink to wash it. A sad expression shun from her eyes as she looked into the reflection of the water in the sink. A sigh escaped her lips; she turned to face Michiru who sat in the chair she just sat in.
“I have to go to work now,” she glanced at the clock on the wall above Michiru's head. She walked over to her and gently kissed her on the top of the head.
“See yeah later,” she headed for the door and opened it then left Michiru sitting there all by herself. Michiru sat there still staring at the spot Haruka stood a few seconds ago, that sad look she gave her concerned her very much. Haruka wasn't the type of person who talked about her family, the only thing she told her was that she moved away from them and she hadn't talk to them for over a year and hadn't seen them even longer. Michiru took hold of the invitation and reread it, `July isn't to far away.' She stood from her seat and walk off into the bedroom bringing the paper with her.
---------------------------------------------
Haruka's black Mustang pulled into a parking spot at the race track. She got out and walked over to the entrance of the track. Then headed to the locker room, she opened her locker and got her coveralls out and put them on.
“Hey Haruka, how's your girlfriend doing?” Her friend entered the locker room; he was covered with oil and grease.
“She's doing much better.” Haruka zipped up her coveralls and headed out to the garage were all the race cars were being tuned up for the up coming race. She headed over to the car she was working on yesterday, the driver had complained that there was something wrong with the throttle and she had to figure it out, after all she was the mechanic.
--------------------------------
Keys raddled as they were slide into the lock of the apartment, Haruka quietly stepped inside and shut the door as quietly as possible. The sun had set along time ago when she got off of work and it was even later when she returned home. She put her keys on the table by the door and made her way to the bedroom, Michiru had left a light on so Haruka could see were she was going. Michiru lied on the bed all covered up and sound asleep; Haruka went over to her dresser and got her pyjamas out then went into the bathroom to have a quick shower before she climb into bed with her love.
As soon as Haruka covered herself with the blanket and turned the light off, Michiru wrapped her arms around her and laid her head against her shoulder.
“You're home late,” Michiru opened her sleepy eyes and look at Haruka outline as it was to dark to see anything but the clock beside them that read 12:30 am. Haruka moved slightly so she could get more comfortable.
“I had trouble with one of the cars I was working on.” She tried to stifle a yawn with her hand.
The sound of light snoring was heard after awhile, Michiru realized that Haruka had fallen asleep before she got to ask another question. A smile formed on her lips, she kissed Haruka's cheek than followed her lover into dream world.
----------------------------------
Two eyes opened and glanced at the digital clock beside the bed, 7:05 am, the room was lit up by the slowly rising sun. The blonde stared at the ceiling before she decided to get up since sleep wouldn't come to her anymore; she slowly climbed from the bed trying not to wake Michiru. The floor creaked as she made her way to the door and out of the room; she went into the kitchen and put on the kettle for a cup of tea. Haruka opened the curtains in front of the balcony doors so the sun would warm up the apartment. The whistling of the kettle brought her attention back to the stove, she made her tea and went into the living room to sit and watch the sun rise.
The bedroom was no longer dark even though the curtains were still shut. A groan came from the bed, their eyes opened in defeat from the light of the sun. She sat up in bed bring her feet over the edge, she glanced back at the clock, 8:22 am. She stood from the bed and put on her royal blue cotton housecoat. She walked past the living room than stopped halfway to the kitchen and realized that some was in there; usually Haruka went for a run when she woke up on the weekend. She turned around and headed back for the living room, on the couch sat her blonde lover.
“Haruka?” Michiru sat down beside her and put her hand on her leg.
“Are you alright?” Haruka stared out the window like she was in another world not even noticing Michiru had spoken to her. Michiru brought her hand up to Haruka's face and made her face her. The same sad expression from yesterday stared back at her; a cold shiver went down her spine.
“What's the matter?” Michiru was worried about her, Haruka looked away from her and down at the coffee table, Michiru followed her glance, the invitation. Michiru reached over and picked it up.
“Are you worried about this?” Michiru waved the purple paper in front of her face.
“Why don't you just call your mother…?” Michiru didn't really understand what the problem was because Haruka hardly ever talked about her family.
“I can't,” it was know more than a whisper but Michiru heard it. Michiru let out a sigh and stood from the couch, she still was worried about Haruka but if she didn't want to talk about it there was nothing she could do about. She made her way into the kitchen to make some breakfast for herself.
Haruka stood from the couch and walked over to the window she was looking out a few minutes ago. She missed her mother more than anything but she was afraid of her mother's reaction when she sees what she had become. She still remembered the look on her face when she left to go and live by herself, her mother had tears in her eyes but she refused to let them fall. Haruka left because she was offered a very good job being a mechanic for one of the race car teams in Tokyo.
Two arms were wrapped around her waist bring her out of her thoughts, “Please tell me what you're thinking about?” Michiru rested her head against her back. Haruka looked down at her hand and took one of them in her own and squeezed it gently.
“I miss my mother very much…” Haruka turned around so she could hug Michiru and she rested her head on Michiru's shoulder, “I haven't talked to her in over a year…” she paused and breathed in the scent of Michiru's shampoo.
“Why don't you call her…I'm sure she'd be glad to hear from you.” Michiru tightened her grip around her waist trying to give her reinsurance.
-----------------------------------------------
Haruka sat on a wooden chair in the spare room of there apartment, in front of her sat the phone on an oak table. She's been staring at the phone for over fifteen minutes wondering if she should call her mother or not, `you'll feel better after you call her,' Michiru words echoed through her mind. She let out a sigh then picked up the phone and dialled the number to her mother's house.
In the living room sat Michiru on the couch who looked through a magazine, every so often she would look at the closed door to the spare room where Haruka went over an hour ago. She started to get worried once no noise came from there in the last half hour, she sat her magazine down on the coffee table and walked over to the door, she pressed her ear against the door -no noise. She lightly tapped on the door -still no answer; she turned the knob and opened the door a crack. The blonde sat on the wooden chair by the phone staring at it. Michiru opened the door just enough to fit through then closed the door.
“Haruka?” she slowly walked up to the blonde and wrapped her arms around her shoulders, Haruka brought her hand up and took hold of Michiru's hand and lightly squeezed it.
“Hmm…?” Michiru rested her head on her shoulder.
“Did you call your mother?” Haruka lowered her head and looked at her lap, “yeah…I made her cry…” Haruka stood from the chair and turned to face Michiru, an unreadable expression shined from her eyes. Haruka moved closer to her, wrapped her arms around her waist and rested her head on the top of Michiru's head. Michiru returned the gesture but rested her head on her chest.
“I told her I was coming and I was bringing a friend,” a small smile came to Michiru's face then she frowned as she realized something.
“Do they know about you and me being…together?” Haruka lifted her head off of Michiru's letting out a sigh; “No they don't….and I'd like to keep it that way for now,” Haruka looked into her sad eyes.
“I'm sorry sweetheart but I know how they will react.” Michiru looked away from Haruka's eyes, “how do you know how they will react?” Haruka broke eye contact with her and stared out the window, “they talked about it before when I was like eleven or twelve… lets just say they weren't impressed.” Haruka rested her chin on the top of Michiru's head. “Besides…it's my cousin big day and I don't want to take that away from him and his future wife.”
“I suppose you're right.” Haruka took her head off of Michiru's head and brought her hand under her chin and made her look at her, “thanks Michi,” she brought her lips to hers and gently kissed them which Michiru returned.
----------------------------------------------
The sun shined brightly through the bedroom window. Usually the sun would shin on two bodies on the bed but not today, the bodies were already up and dressed.
“Is this everything Michiru?” Four large suit cases sat by the door. “Yeah that's everything,” Haruka picked two of them up and went down to the parking garage and put them in the trunk of Michiru's Mazda.
Michiru went through every room to make sure she didn't forget anything before she headed to the door. She pulled the two remaining suit cases into the hallway for Haruka to get and locked the two locks on the door. The elevator dinged and the doors opened revealing the tall blonde, she walked over to her love and took the two suit cases in her hands then went back to the elevator with Michiru following her. Once in the elevator she set the bags on the floor and looked over to Michiru who wore a white summer dress that went just past her knees. Michiru looked at her with a questioning look in her eyes, Haruka smiled at her.
“You look very nice in that dress,” Michiru looked down at her dress then back at her love, “thanks…you don't look have bad yourself.” Haruka chuckled, “thanks a lot.” Haruka wore a white sleeveless shirt with a white short sleeve dress shirt over top of it and black carpenter shorts.
Haruka put the bags in the trunk with the rest of them then climbed behind the wheel, started the engine and drove out of the garage and down the road towards Shinkansen -Japan's bullet train- were they would ride it all the way to Morioka and then rent a car and drive to Hachinohe.
------------------------------------
The sun was almost set by the time the got to there destination, Haruka pulled off the busy road to a side street; she stopped to the side of the road and put the car in park.
“Well I guess there's no turning back now,” she turned the engine off and faced Michiru. Michiru looked into Haruka's nervous eyes then took hold of her hand and put hers over top of it.
“I'm just as nervous as you are Ruka…” Haruka intertwined their fingers, “There's no need for you to be nervous;, they will love you just as much as I do.” Haruka brought Michiru's hand up to her mouth and kissed the top of it, Michiru smiled.
“I won't be able hold your hand like this for two whole weeks,” Haruka brushed her hand against Michiru's cheek; Michiru closed her eyes enjoying the gentle touch.
“I don't know if I can go that long…” Haruka silenced her with her lips, the kiss broke and they stared at each other with so much love in there eyes.
“I guess we should go,” Haruka looked out the front window at the house were she grew up in. They got out of the car and made there way over to a bricked house that had a porch wrapped around the whole front of it. Haruka stopped in front of the house with Michiru right beside her,
“It still looks the same.” She took a nervous breath and walked up to the front door, she looked to Michiru then to the front door and back again. Michiru could tell she was having trouble so she held onto Haruka's hand and lightly squeezed it trying to give her courage. Haruka bowed her head and rung the door bell, footsteps were heard and the unlocking of the door, Haruka took a deep breath trying to clam her nerves.
A short lady with dark blue hair answered the door, “how may I help you two?” the lady looked from Haruka to Michiru, Haruka smiled at the lady who didn't recognize her.
“Hello aunt Kurizu,” the lady stared at Haruka for the longest time, not sure who this person was, she tilted her head, her eyes widen in surprise “Haruka?”
“That's my name,” the lady basically threw herself at Haruka and gave her a big hug.
“Wait till your mom sees you,” Kurizu let them come into the house, “I'll go get her, just wait here,” the women walked off into the living room. Haruka turned to Michiru, “I'll introduce you to her later okay?” Michiru nodded her head; the happiest glow was on Haruka's face, the nervousness that was there before started to vanish.
Light footsteps came towards them, “Haruka?” a taller woman with long golden hair stood in the door way of the living room , “Hello mother,” the woman quickly walked to her daughter and tightly hugged her. Haruka picked her up off her feet as she hugged her back, the woman had tears running down her face and falling on Haruka's white shirt. Haruka sat her mother back on the floor and looked into her teary eyes, “are those happy tears?” Her mother didn't let go of Haruka, afraid if she did she would wake up from this dream.
“I'm so glad you came back Ruka,” she mumbled into Haruka's shirt. “Mom…” her mother looked up at her since she was a few inches shorter, “I'd like you to meet my very good friend Michiru Kaioh.” Her mother let go of her daughter and looked at the very pleasant looking girl behind her.
“It's nice to meet you Mrs Tenoh,” she bowed to Haruka's mother.
“Like wise,” she also bowed, “both of you must come into the living room.” Haruka's mother took hold of Haruka's hand and guided her to the living room with Michiru following her. In the living room sat a greyish brown haired man and across from him sat a blondish red haired man.
“Look who finally came home Jimu,” the man with the greyish brown hair looked up from his card game he was playing; his green eyes grew wide as he realized a familiar blonde staying beside his wife.
“Hey dad,” the man's eyes started to tear up but he didn't let the tears fall.
“Haruka?” She smiled at her father as he slowly got up off his chair and came over to her giving her a bear hug.
Michiru stood at the doorway of the living room watching Haruka hug her father, she let out a small sigh as she crossed her arms in front of her chest. Jimu noticed her after he let go of his daughter,
“And who is this pretty young lady?” Jimu walked over to her and took hold of her hand and lightly kissed the top of it, Michiru lightly blushed. Haruka came over to her also, “Everyone I'd like you to meet my very good friend Michiru Kaioh.” Michiru politely bowed to them.
“It's very nice to meet all of you.” The man with blondish red hair stood from his chair and came over to them, “Hello Michiru, I'm Haruka's uncle Ronarudo Tenoh but you can call me Roni for short.” He lightly shook Michiru's hand, “did you say your last name was Kaioh?” Michiru nodded her in agreement, “for some reason that name seems familiar some how.” Roni scratched his head as he tried to think of why that was as he walked back over to his seat. The woman with the dark blue hair also came over to them, “I'm Haruka's aunt Kurisuten Tenoh, you can call me Kurizu if you'd like.”
“It's nice to finally meet Haruka's family.” Michiru folded her hands in front of her. Haruka watched her family welcome Michiru with so much kindness it touched her heart, a happy smile crossed her face.
“Where is Jasutin?” Haruka looked toward her aunt, “He took the dog for a walk with Hirari, he should be back shortly.” Haruka looked at her aunt confused, “a dog! You guys have a dog?” Kurizu nodded her head, “It's actually Jasutin's dog.” Haruka smiled as she remembered him always saying he wanted a dog when he got older.
After awhile of talking to one another and finding out what has happened in each others lives Haruka went outside to her rent-a-car to get their luggage. Off in the distant the sound of a barking dog got her attention, out of the shadows strolled a black and white dog.
“Videl, get back here!” Someone yelled off in the distant followed by someone running towards her and the dog which stopped by Haruka's feet; a figure emerged from the darkness of the night.
“Jasutin?” Haruka couldn't believe her eyes, a tall man with blondish red hair like his father stood in front of her. When she left for Tokyo he was a boy with a boyish figure but now he had grown up so much, his face looked more squarer then before and more muscular.
“Ruka?” Jasutin couldn't believe his eyes either, she seemed taller than when she left, more confident and more mature. “Wow, you've changed a lot Haruka.” He walked over to her and stared into her teal eyes that he hadn't looked in for along time.
“Jasutin…” another figure emerged from the shadows; she had medium length blondish brown hair. “You're just to fast for me,” she breathed heavily from trying to catch up to him. A slight smile came to his face, “Sorry sweet heart.” He walked over to her and took hold of her hand and kissed the top of it, “when I run I just can't stop myself from being so fast…do you forgive me?” He looked into her dark purple eyes. The girl smiled at him, “you know I can't stay mad at you for trying to catch the wind.”
Haruka opened the trunk of the car and got out the four suitcases then shut the trunk causing the two love birds to come back into reality. Haruka's cousin guided his fiancée over towards the car, “Hirari, I'd like for you to meet my cousin Haruka Tenoh.” The young girl smiled up at Haruka since she was shorter than her, “it's nice to meet you Haruka.” Haruka smiled at her, “Like wise.” Haruka took two of the suitcase in her hands and tried to grab the other two but Jasutin beat her to it. “Let me help you,” Jasutin went off into the house followed by Hirari carrying two of the bags. Haruka looked down at her feet and realized that the black dog still sat there.
“Umm…Jasutin, your dog is still out here,” Haruka yelled towards the house. The blondish red haired boy stuck his head out the door, “Come on girl,” the dog ran into the house with her tail wagging uncontrollably, Haruka smiled as she followed the dog into the house with her suitcases in hand.
---------------------------------------------
Okay….now that you read my story please tell me what you thought of it.