Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Tenoh's ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Tenoh's
Chapter Two
------------------------------------------------------------- -----
Haruka set the suit case on the floor near the staircase and went in the living room were Michiru sat with her father Jimu and her mother Deni-su. The conversation came to a halt as soon as she walked into the room. Her mother stood and came over to her, “Have you two eaten any supper?” Haruka shook her head no, her mother beamed at her, she hadn't cooked a meal for her daughter in such along time. Deni-su hurried off to the kitchen humming a familiar tune that Haruka recognized from her childhood.
“I'm going to go put our suitcase upstairs, okay?” Haruka looked at Michiru who stood from her seat. “Would you like some help?” Michiru smiled at her blonde lover, Haruka nodded her head and left the room with Michiru following her.
Haruka took three of the suitcase and let Michiru carry the other one. They made there way up the stairs and past three doors until Haruka came to a stop.
“Well… here's my room.” Haruka sat one of the suitcases down and opened the door letting Michiru enter first.
Michiru put the suitcase on the bed and looked around the room. It was a decent size room; the walls were covered with dark blue paint and had posters of dirt bikes and race cars. You would never think of this room as a girl's room that's for sure. On one of the walls was a bookcase but no books stood on it, only trophies and more trophies stood there almost like they were standing tall and proud.
“It's not much to look at but it is cozy…” Haruka put her suitcases that she carried by the closet and came over to Michiru.
“You can take my old bed and I'll sleep on the couch downstairs.” Michiru looked to the bed and went over and touched it, “It's softer than it actually looks…” Haruka went over and sat on the bed bouncing a little to show Michiru just how soft it was. Michiru sat down beside her and pushed on the mattress then lowered her head.
“Umm…” Michiru looked up into Haruka's teal eyes, “you should sleep in your own bed and I'll sleep on the couch…”
“No way… you're my guest in this house so you get to sleep on the comfy bed, okay….” Michiru shook her head no, “please just do it for me…” Haruka spoke in a pleading voice.
“I'd take that offer if I were you…” Haruka and Michiru both looked up at the door way were a familiar face stood. “That couch downstairs may look comfortable but it is not…believe me.” Jasutin rubbed his back at the fond memory of sleeping on it for three nights. The two girls on the bed stood and made their way over to Haruka's cousin who smiled at them.
“Aunt Deni-su wanted me to tell you that supper is ready for you two.” He smiled at the two. Haruka, Michiru and Jasutin made their way to the kitchen were two plates were on the table.
“Come sit you two.” The two did what they were told and sat at the table, “we have already eaten so you two just enjoy yourself, okay?” Deni-su placed a casserole dish in front of them then left them to eat in peace. Haruka took the lid off the dish underneath it was her mother's famous lasagne; she took Michiru's plate and gave her some then did the same with her own plate.
“Your family seems very nice Ruka,” Michiru looked at Haruka who sat beside her. Haruka put her fork down and closed her eyes massaged her temples.
“Yeah they are,” she sighed.
“Then why haven't you visited…” Haruka opened her eyes and looked into two beautiful eyes, “Michi, I…I don't want to talk about it here okay?” Haruka whispered to her then she looked down at Michiru's hand that rested on the table and placed her hand on top of hers then looked back into Michiru's eyes.
“Michi?” She waited for a reply. She nodded her head in agreement, “alright.” Haruka removed her hand from Michiru and continued to eat her supper while Michiru stared at her hand, the warmth that she felt a few seconds ago was slowly fading away. Michiru let out a sad sigh then started to eat her delicious meal again.
In the door way of the kitchen stood Jasutin who was unnoticed by the two sitting with their backs to him. Michiru looked like she was worried about something. He watched his cousin put her hand on Michiru's hand and whispered something to her. This caught him off guard a little, he never seen Haruka so caring towards another person. When she was younger she didn't care about other people with the exception of him of course because after all he was her cousin. He smiled at them then left the kitchen and went into the living room with his fiancée.
---------------------------------------------
The moon shun brightly illuminating everything it touched, the stars sparkled as diamonds would sparkle if held at a certain angle. A silhouette stood on a back porch looking up at the clear sky with their hand clasped around something around their neck, their other hand rested on the railing. The deck creaked as someone approached the silhouette,
“Haruka,” she looked down to the person who now stood beside her.
“Hey mom,” she looked back up at the sky.
“How are you doing in Tokyo?” Deni-su looked out towards the back yard. “I'm doing very well actually,” Haruka knew what her mother must be thinking and she didn't want to go there but her mother had other ideas.
“So…you must be very busy then…” Haruka closed her eyes at the sound of her mother's sad voice; it hurt inside to know that you caused your own mother grief.
“Yeah, sometimes I lose track of time,” Haruka turned around and now faced the house. The lights in the house were on; she could see her father, her uncle, her cousin and his fiancée and Michiru all talking to one another. Deni-su also turned around and faced the house, something caught her attention, something sliver.
“What's that around your neck Haruka?” Haruka clasped it in her hand, “It's a necklace.”
“I know it's a necklace but what are you holding in your hand?” Haruka let go of her necklace and it dangled around her neck, on the end of the silver chain was a silver ring band. Haruka's mother's eyes widen in shock,
“You never wear jewellery…” Haruka smiled at her mother, she undid the necklace and took off the ring then she handed it her mother.
“This is very nice, where did you get it?” Deni-su put the ring on her finger which was to big for her.
“I got it from a friend,” Haruka looked at a certain aqua haired person through the glass window and smiled.
“Oh…it's very nice,” she handed it back to her daughter, “Thanks,” Haruka put it on her ring finger on her left hand. Deni-su started to go to the door, “Mom…” she stopped and turned around just in time to get a surprise hug by her daughter who now laid her chin on her mother shoulder.
“I'm sorry…for not coming to visit mom.” Haruka gave her a quick hug before letting go of her, her mother had unshed tears burning her eyes.
“That's okay sweet heart, as long as you are here now none of that really matters,” she gently pulled Haruka's head down and kissed her forehead.
“I think we should go back it now.”
-------------------------------------
“Haruka is a bad influence when we were younger…” Jasutin grinned at Haruka, “…every place I went with her I got cuts and/or bruises.” Michiru looked from Jasutin to Haruka with a worried expression.
“Don't believe him Michiru,” Haruka laughed. “He followed me everywhere and did everything I did.” Haruka smiled at her little cousin, Michiru sat beside Haruka on the couch and listened to her argue back and forth with Jasutin, it was nice seeing just how much Haruka liked her little cousin.
Michiru looked down at her lap; two brown eyes looked back at her. She smiled kindly at the dog and patted its head.
“I think someone likes you Michiru,” the dog's tail was going a mile a minute. “What kind of dog is she?” Michiru scratched her behind the ear, “Vidal is part black lab and part border collie,” Vidal put one of her paws on her knee and looked up at her with her puppy dog eyes. Michiru smiled and patted her head again.
-------------------------------------
Michiru unzipped her suitcase that lied on the bed, “Do you think your parents would mind if I took a shower.”
“No go right ahead…but make sure you lock the door…I don't think you'd want to flash anyone,” Haruka vision was blurred as a dark shirt landed on her head.
“Hey…there is no need for violence,” the goofiest grin formed on Haruka's lips, Michiru giggled all the way to the bathroom which was across the hall. Haruka moved the suitcase off the bed and put it on the floor and lied down with her hands behind her head and closed her eyes for a bit.
“Haruka…” someone shook her gently, “Haruka it's not good to lay like that.” Haruka slightly opened her eyes and two blue eyes were looking back at her.
“Your hands will go numb,” Haruka yawned while she sat up on the bed with her legs over the side; she looked down at her hands they were all covered with small lines from her hair.
“That was a fast shower,” she looked over at Michiru who stood beside a mirror that was on the wall. “You fell asleep…”
“Hey! Were did you get that shirt?” Haruka cut her off. Michiru looked down at her night gown, “Out of the dresser.”
She walked over to the bed after she finished brushing her hair with a sly smile on her pink lips. She put her hands on Haruka's shoulders and brought her lips an inch away from her ear.
“I want to be able to smell you when I get into bed…that's the only way I'll be able to sleep,” Michiru stepped back from Haruka and looked into her teal eyes.
“I…I didn't know that,” Haruka stood from the bed and came closer to Michiru, “Well it looks better on you,” she looked at the big shirt she wore, it was one of her favourites. It was especially made for her, it was given to her by one of the driver's at the race track, a red Dodge Viper was on the front and on the door of the car was Haruka's last name in bold black letters. Haruka came even closer to her and whispered in her ear, “I so want to kiss you right now,” Haruka's warm breath made a shiver go down Michiru's spine. She folded her arms in front of her chest and looked down at Haruka's hands; she had to take a second glance at her left hand.
“You're wearing your ring.” Haruka brought her hand up; she hardly ever wore it on her finger because with her job it might get caught in the engine. Michiru took Haruka's hand in hers and looked at the ring.
“It still looks the same as it was two and half years ago.” It was a simple sliver band ring with three flat studs at the top. Michiru smiled at her.
Michiru let go of her hand and climbed into the bed while Haruka opened her suitcase and got her pyjamas out.
“Goodnight Michiru,” she went out the door and closed it slightly. All was pitch black; Michiru laid there with her eyes wide open, off in the distance faint snoring could be heard.
`It's going to be a long night,' she thought as she glanced at the clock 12:31. Michiru tossed and turned for over an hour and still sleep wouldn't come to her. `I wish Ruka was here lying beside me,' she stared at the ceiling.
The sound of squeaking made her heart rate increase, `What is that?' she covered her head with her blanket. The door creaked open, Michiru grew tenser, and someone shook her gently as her eyes grew wider.
“Michi?” she held her breathe, the blankets were slowly pulled of her head and a figure stood there.
“Ru…Ruka?” the light was turned on and Michiru let her breathe out, “Did I scare you?” Haruka chuckled as she sat on the bed. Michiru sat up and smacked Haruka on the arm.
“That wasn't funny!” Michiru heart rate slowly went back to normal.
“Why are you in here anyways?” Haruka rubbed her back, “Let's just say Jasutin was right about the couch.” Haruka stood from the bed and went over to the door were her pillow and blanket sat.
“I'll just sleep on the floor in here,” Michiru looked at the floor, “Isn't that worse than the couch?” Haruka threw her pillow on the ground, “I have a fold up cot in the closet.” Haruka went into her closet and pulled out a rainbow coloured cot and set it up beside the bed. She got her pillow and blanket and lied on the cot.
“That's better…” she reached for the lamp on the night stand and turned it off, “Goodnight Michiru.”
“Goodnight Haruka,” she lied back down and closed her eyes, soon soft snoring drifted through the room making a smile come to Michiru's face. She glanced over the bed and on to the sleeping form of her love, she yawned one last time before falling sound asleep.
-----------------------------------