Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Tenoh's ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Tenoh's
Chapter Five
Dark clouds hung over Hachinohe threatening to rain at any minute. The wind had picked up causing the trees branches to sway back and forth making some of the leaves fall to the ground.
In the kitchen at the Tenoh's house sat Jimu at the table looking through a magazine, he took a drink of his coffee before flipping the page. “Morning dear,” Deni-su walked into the kitchen and went over to the counter to turn on the kettle to make herself a tea. “Morning,” Jimu looked up from the magazine, “Do you remember when Roni thought that Michiru's last name sounded familiar…” Jimu looked back down at the magazine. “Yes,” Deni-su turned the whistling kettle off and poured herself a cup. Jimu stood from his chair then came over to her, “Look it,” he handed it to his wife. Deni-su took it and looked at the article her husband was looking at. In the right hand corner of the page was a picture of a rather handsome fellow with short wavy aqua hair. He looked like someone very familiar; you could see it in his cobalt blue eyes. Under his picture was his name: Buraian Kaioh. “He…he looks like Michiru…” Deni-su gave back the magazine to Jimu, “Yeah I know…I wonder if they're related or something.” He went back over to the table and sat down and drank his coffee pondering…what if she was in fact the daughter of Buraian Kaioh.
---------------------------------
The sound of rain hitting the window woke a sleeping form from her deep sleep; two eyes opened revealing their beauty to the world. The awoken aqua haired beauty rubbed her tired eyes then looked out the window; the sky was covered with dark clouds and sheets of rain poured to the ground. She rested her head against the pillow and just listened to the sound of the rain.
She glanced over to where her love slept, on a hard cot right beside the bed. She smiled at the cute expression on her love's face, she looked so content. Michiru slowly sat up bringing her feet over the edge of the bed; she rubbed her arm as she felt a draft from the window. `Must be colder out,' she stood from the bed and walked over to the other side where Haruka slept. She carefully made her way to where Haruka's head was which wasn't an easy task considering how close the cot was to the bed making the space for your feet impossible, you had mere inches. She bent over holding on to the bed so she wouldn't fall on Haruka and kissed her on the cheek since her head was turned facing the other direction. The blonde smiled in her sleep; Michiru made her way out the room and into the bathroom to fix her hair and changed her clothing.
She quietly made her way to the kitchen, not sure if should go in or wait for Haruka to wake up. “Good morning Michiru,” Jimu walked into the hall way with a coffee in his hand. “Morning,” she smiled at him and continued on her way to the kitchen where she could hear clattering of dishes. “Good morning,” Deni-su smiled at her daughter's friend, “I'm surprised you are up already after getting home so late.” Michiru sat down at the kitchen table, she still felt tired but for some reason she couldn't sleep anymore. Deni-su looked to the young girl, “Are you feeling alright Michiru…you look a little pale.”
“Yeah I'm fine…I'm just still tired,” she rested her elbow on the table and rested her head against her hand. “Why don't you go back to sleep then…I'm sure Haruka won't be up for awhile yet.” Michiru shook her head,
“I think I just need to wake up…” she closed her eyes.
“Do you want me to make you a tea or something?” Deni-su walked over to the kettle.
“That's alright…I can make my own…”
“I don't mind making you a tea…it's the least I can do,” Deni-su smiled at the girl and turned on the kettle.
-------------------------------------
The smell of the dampness from the rain drifted in the open sliding door that exited into the back yard; the rain had subdued somewhat. The Tenoh's house was very quiet, not even the sound of voices was heard. In the living room stood a silhouette, there arms were crossed in front of their chest as they looked at the wall that was covered with pictures.
Upstairs the floor creaked now and again indicating someone had finally gotten up. The sound of footsteps came down the stairs and into the living room. The silhouette noticed that she wasn't alone anymore and turned her head slightly to look at person who just came into the room. “Morning sleepy head,” she smiled at the blonde in the door way. The blonde smiled at her and walked over to her, “Morning beautiful.” The blonde stepped a few inches away from Michiru's body, “Where is everyone?” Michiru's breathe caught in her throat at the closeness of her love. “Y-your father went to work and your mother went out to get something,” a very happy smile formed on Haruka's lips. “So we are alone then?” she moved slightly and wrapped her arms around Michiru bringing her body as close as possible to her own. Michiru brought her arms up around her back and tightly squeezed her love, “I miss this,” she muttered as she rested her head against Haruka's chest. “I know…so do I,” the blonde rubbed her back in a circular motion trying to comfort her, she rested her head atop of Michiru's.
“So what were you looking at before I interrupted you?” Haruka looked over to the wall. “Just at some pictures of you,” Michiru loosened her grip around the blonde and turned around with her back against her chest. A certain picture caught her eye, “Where was this picture taken?” she pointed to a picture of a young blonde and any even younger red head. “That was taken at my graduation from grade eight.”
“How old where you?”
“I think I was thirteen…” In the picture the blonde had longer hair then she does now, just a few inches or so longer. “That's Jasutin hanging off your shoulders, right?” A light chuckle came from the blonde, “Yeah… I think he was eight.”
“You two look very close,” Michiru left the embrace of Haruka and moved closer to the picture. “We always bugged one another…and it was very rare to see us apart from each other,” Haruka could remember the day her aunt brought him home from the hospital, how he was so tiny with his little patch of red hair on his head.
“Speaking of him…do you want to go over to his house and see what he is doing?” She looked out the window, “I think it's not raining as hard as it was.”
The two of them walked down the street with a blue umbrella up over there heads, Michiru looped her arm around Haruka's. The only sound heard was the light rain hitting the umbrella making it very peaceful. They stopped in front of a white and green house, “Welcome to Jasutin's house.”
“It looks…cozy,” the house was smaller then Haruka's parent's house. It had a small porch in the front with white pillars at the sides holding the roof up. The top of the house was green and the other half was white siding making it look unique.
Haruka and Michiru walked up the driveway and into the back yard, “I have to warn you about my aunt,” Haruka looked to Michiru, “she likes to talk…a lot.”
“Okay…” Michiru had met her once at Haruka's house, she didn't seem that bad. Haruka knocked on the back door then turned to face Michiru, “And she repeats herself quite a bit.” The door was opened and Haruka was attacked by a large black and white fluff ball, “Hello Videl.” The dog jumped up putting her paws on her stomach and tried to lick her face. “Hey Uncle Roni.”
“Hey…come on in,” Roni stepped back to let them come into the house, “Jasutin is downstairs.”
“Thanks,” Haruka led the way through the house and over to a door that led to the basement, music echoed up the stairs. They headed down the stairs, in the Rec room on the couch sat Jasutin and Hirari and on the floor sat a familiar short black haired girl.
“Hello you two,” Jasutin smiled at his cousin, “what took you so long to get over here?” Haruka and Michiru sat down on the other couch across from them. “Did Haruka hold you up again Michiru…I keep telling her she can't do nothing with her face so why bother putting make up on.” He couldn't hold back his laughter; the look on his cousin face was priceless.
“You should talk pimple puss,” Haruka throw a pillow at him which got him right in the face. Michiru couldn't help but smile at the two; you could differently tell they were family.
“Come on you two,” Hirari was smiling too, “We have to get this figured out before my parents get here.” On the coffee table in front of them were piles of CDs, “What are you guys doing?” Haruka picked one of the CDs up.
“Are DJ we hired a few months ago can't do it now so Anji has kindly volunteered to do it for us.”
“So I take it you guys are busy then,” Haruka put the CD back on the table and leaned back against the couch. “A little…” Hirari looked to Haruka then to Michiru, `they sit pretty close to one another.'
“Well I guess I know when I'm not wanted…” Haruka stood up. “I didn't mean you had to leave…we are just…” Haruka put her hand up to stop her, “I'm only kidding Hirari.” Hirari's mouth formed an O.
“I guess Michiru and I will go and do something else while you guys mess around with your music.” Michiru stood from the couch and stood next to the blonde.
“We'll see you later then,” Haruka said.
“You are still going with us tomorrow right?” Jasutin came over to her. “Yeah,” Haruka made her way over to the stairs. “Great…I can hardly wait.”
Haruka and Michiru said there goodbyes to them then felt the house and walked down the side walk. “Michi…” she looked down into her love's eyes, “Do you feel like going for a walk?” Michiru linked her arm through the blonde's and rested her head against her arm, “I take that as a yes then.” A happy smile came to her Michiru's lips.
------------------------------------
They walked down the street arm in arm, every so often Haruka would look down at the person on her arm. “Is that a school?” Haruka was so busy looking at her she didn't realise where they were heading. Off in the distance were rather large buildings; in front of one of the buildings was a water fountain which was surrounded by beautiful trees and flowers. The two of them made there way over to the fountain, “Ever heard of Hachinohe Institute of Technology?”
“Yes…” Michiru was astonished at the size of the place. “This place has a graduate school with four majors, undergraduate school of engineering with six departments, a laboratory, two high schools and a kindergarten.” Haruka smiled at the place she spent most of her life. “This place is huge…” That was an understatement. They walked around the big campus looking at all the different building and sections. “You went here didn't you?” Michiru still had her arm looped around Haruka's. “Yup…thirteen long years.”
“Let's go some where else…I've spent to much time at this school,” Haruka leaded them away from the school and made there way over to the marine were all the action happened in this city. Tall ships sat in the ports ready to be sent off or ready to be unloaded. People were scurrying around trying to get there duty's done. Haruka and Michiru stood far away from the workers with a fence separating them. “It's amazing…” Michiru looked out across the water, even though the sun wasn't out the water sparkled.
After awhile the two of them slowly started to make there way back home; the clouds over head started to get really dark. “Looks like it's going to rain again…I guess I shouldn't have forgotten the umbrella at Jasutin's,” Haruka looked up to the sky. Just as she finished her sentence the heavens opened up and down the rain came, at first it was a light rain but soon turned into a down pour. The two of them made a quick dash toward a building but not quick enough not to get wet. “It's a good thing I didn't wear white today,” Michiru shirt was stuck to her, “I don't know about that…” Haruka liked the way it showed of Michiru's nice curves. Michiru smiled at her, she shouldn't talk Haruka's black shirt was stuck to her body like a second skin outlining her feminine curves. “I think you should have…” Michiru rolled her eyes at her girlfriend.
The rain continued to come down hard soaking anything caught in it. Haruka leaned against the brick wall of the building with her arms crossed over her chest, “How long is this going to last?” She was starting to get impatient, there clothes were soaking wet and a cool breeze started to blow giving each girl goose bumps. Michiru leaned closer to Haruka trying to get some warmth from the taller girl, “Are you cold?” Haruka could feel Michiru trembling slightly. “Kind of,” her wet clothes weren't getting dry even though they weren't in the rain. Haruka wrapped her arm around her shoulders to give her some warmth, “I don't think it's going to light up anytime soon…” she looked into her blue eyes, “Do you want to make a run for it? The house isn't to far from here.” Michiru nodded her head and took hold of Haruka's hand, before she knew it they were out in the rain again making there way home. They ran side by side, ever so often Haruka would look to Michiru just to make sure she wasn't running to fast for her.
Haruka fished out her keys from her pocket and unlocked the front door to her parent's house. Nobody was home, her dad was still working and her mother hadn't returned from her errands. A wet shivering Michiru stood in the front hall, “I think you should go have a hot shower and warm up,” Haruka stood in front of her and rubbed her hands up and down her cold friend's arms. “What…what about…you?” Michiru lips were shivering.
“Don't worry about me…I'm not as cold as you are.” Haruka placed a warm kiss on her forehead, “Now go warm up before you catch a cold.” She watched as Michiru made her way upstairs then went into the kitchen to turn the kettle on to make a hot cup of tea for herself and Michiru.
Haruka made her way upstairs to get changed into some dry clothes; she placed her suitcase on the bed and opened it getting a pair of blue jeans and a dark green t-shirt. She took her clothes and headed over to the bathroom, she knocked on the door before she entered. The steam in the bathroom whooshed in her face as she entered into the room; the steam was so thick she could hardly see the shower. “Are you getting warmed up in there?” she sat on the toilet seat so she could take off her wet pants and socks.
The hot water streamed down Michiru's head and back as she stood under the shower head, it felt so good. A few minutes later she turned off the water and opened the shower curtain a little; Haruka sat on the toilet seat with her eyes closed. “Ruka?” Michiru wrapped a towel around her body and stepped out of the tub. Haruka opened her eyes and smiled at the beauty before her, “Do you know how beautiful you are?” she stood and came over to her. Michiru smiled at the blonde; Haruka wrapped her arms around the smaller woman's waist and pulled her to herself. Michiru rested her damp head on the blonde's chest and closed her eyes enjoying the warmth of her.
-------------------------------------
A tan coloured van pulled into the driveway of the Tenoh's house and turned off their engine. The driver's side door opened and out stepped a woman with long golden blonde hair, she made her way to the front door carrying a few bags full of groceries. The woman got out her keys from her purse and unlocked the front door. She took off her shoes and made her way into the kitchen setting the bags on the counter then she made her way back to the front door were two pairs of shoes sat. “Looks like Haruka is still home,” a smile formed on her face as she made her way up the stairs. “Haruka?” she shouted. Mumbling of two voices came from the bathroom; Deni-su walked over to the door and lightly tapped on it making the two voices stop. The door opened slightly and Haruka stuck her head out, “Hey mom,” the blonde opened the door more so she could get out then she shut it behind her.
“Where is Michiru?”
“She is having a shower,” Haruka stuck her hands in her pockets.
“Oh…well since you are not busy can you do me a favour?” Deni-su looked at her daughter kind of weird, like she didn't believe her or something. “Sure.” Haruka and her mother went downstairs leaving Michiru alone.
“Could you get the rest of the groceries for me…there in the back of the van?” Deni-su handed Haruka the keys before she could say anything. Haruka slipped on her damp shoes and went outside; to her surprise it had stopped raining. She shook her head at the stupid weather then got the rest of the bags for her mother.
-----------------------------------
Michiru stood in front of the foggy mirror; she was fully dressed and wore a heavy long sleeved shirt and a pair of jeans. Even though she just had a nice hot shower she still wasn't warmed up. A sigh escaped her lips; she could still feel Haruka's breath on her lips, if Haruka's mother hadn't yelled her name she would have kissed her. Which she hadn't done for a couple of days which seemed like eternity to the aqua haired woman.
Michiru went down the stairs and into the kitchen were she heard Haruka and her mother talking. Both women looked to her when she entered the room, “Did you warm up?” Haruka looked concerned for her love. “Yeah a little…I'm still cold though,” Michiru went over to the table and sat down next to the blonde. Deni-su was putting away the groceries and didn't really pay that much attention to the two girls. Michiru rested her hands on the table and closed her eyes; Haruka looked to her mother who had her back to them then took her hand and placed it on top of Michiru's. “Your hands are like ice,” she whispered so her mother wouldn't hear them. “I know…” she looked down at there hands, Haruka still wore her sliver ring that she gave her awhile ago which made her smile.
“What would you like for dinner Haruka?” Deni-su turned around to face the two, she looked at there hands and raised her eye brow. “Umm…whatever you want,” Haruka took her hand away from Michiru's and sat them on her lap. “Well you're a lot of help aren't you?” Deni-su put her hands on her hips, “Why do I even bother to ask…you're just like your father,” she mumbled to herself and went back to putting the groceries away. Haruka chuckled at her mother.
“Do you want to go and watch TV Michi?” she stood from her seat, Michiru followed suit. The television was in the basement away from everyone; Haruka sat on the couch and patted the spot next to her. Michiru sat down and leaned against the blonde, “What do you want to watch?” she turned it on and brought up the guide with all the different channels.
“Whatever you want Ruka,” Michiru rested her head on her shoulder and closed her eyes and soon fell asleep with her love right beside her.
Haruka noticed she had nodded off so she wrapped her arm around her and kissed her on the head. A happy smile formed on both their faces.
----------------------------------------
Author's Note: I know it's short and I apologize for it. At least it's updated…right?