Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Tenoh's ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Tenoh's
Chapter Six
 
Author's Note: After thinking about this chapter some more I had decided to redo it. I just wasn't satisfied with it. The beginning of it is the same but the middle and end are different. If you have read this already you might want to reread it. Hope that doesn't confuse anyone…I just had a better idea.
 
-----------------------------------
 
The basement started to get dark as the sun started to set in the distance. Haruka still sat in the same spot as before, Michiru rested her head on her lap instead of her shoulder. Haruka ran her hand through her friend's hair unconsciously; ever so often she'd look down at the sleeping beauty and smile.
 
“Haruka?” On the steps stood her mother who whispered not wanting to wake the one sleeping. The blonde looked to her mother, “Yeah.”
 
“Supper is ready,” she smiled at her daughter then went back upstairs to do the last minute preparation.
 
Haruka turned the television off and sat the remote on the arm of the chair, “Michiru?” she bent her head slightly so she could place a kiss on Michiru's cheek. “Time to wake up sweetheart,” she ran her finger over her cheek and kissed it again. An almost silent groan came from the sleeping form, there eyes opened and they looked up into teal ones. “Hey sleeping beauty,” Michiru smiled at her girlfriend and slowly sat up. “How long was I asleep for?” she rubbed her tired eyes.
 
“At least two hours or so,” Haruka moved so she sat on the edge of the couch. Michiru stifled a yawn with her hand, “Really?” Haruka nodded her head, “supper is ready.” She stood from her seat and offered her hand to Michiru, “We don't want to keep my mom waiting now.” Haruka winked at her and headed for the stairs.
 
“This looks great mom,” Haruka sat down at the table with Michiru right next to her. They eat in silence for awhile before anyone spoke. “Where is dad?” She knew her father was working but it was getting late. “He had to work overtime tonight unfortunately,” Deni-su took a drink of her water. “That's too bad,” Haruka played with her fork. The rest of the meal was in silence the only thing heard were the forks scrapping on the plates ever so often.
 
----------------------------------------
 
In the kitchen by the sink stood Deni-su who was washing the dishes and Haruka stood right beside her drying them. Michiru had excused herself a little while ago and went upstairs; she started to not feel good so she said she'd go lie down. “I hope Michiru is feeling better.”
 
“Me too,” Haruka placed the last dish in the cupboard, “Does she get sick often?” Deni-su pulled the plug to the sink to let the water out. “Not really,” the blonde draped the tea towel over the oven's handle then went over to the table and sat down. “So what does Michiru do for a living…what kind of job does she have?” Deni-su came over to the table and also sat. “She teaches at a community centre.”
 
“What does she teach?”
 
“Music and art.”
 
“Really…”
 
“Yup…and she loves it too,” a bright smile formed on the blondes lips; she still could remember the look on Michiru's face when she taught others to play beautiful music and paint even more beautiful paintings.
 
“How does a mechanic and a teacher become such close friends?” Deni-su leaned on the table with her elbows. “She wasn't a teacher when I met her mom…she worked at a grocery store,” Deni-su nodded her head. “Didn't she say that you fixed her car for her or something?” Haruka nodded her head, “Yeah…I did fix her car for her.”
 
~~~Flashback~~~
 
“Just pull in there,” the blonde pointed over to two large doors. Michiru slowly drove into the garage and stopped in the middle of it, she got out of the car and so did Haruka.
 
“You can go sit over there if you'd like…” Haruka pointed over to a bunch of chairs over by her boss's office. “Okay,” Michiru handed her the keys and went over to the chairs. Haruka got into the driver's seat turned it on and drove it over to the hoist. Michiru sat there and watched all the different mechanics working on cars, she was quite impressed with all that was going on, never before had she seen or heard anything like this.
 
Michiru sat there for over an hour before Haruka came over to her and sat down beside her, “Your car is good to go…I put a new starter in it for you and also changed the oil,” the blonde rested her head against the wall. “Thanks so much…” Michiru bent over and got her purse from the ground, “How much do I owe you?” She opened her purse and got out her wallet. Haruka ran her dirty hand through her hair then took out a piece of paper from her pocket, “Umm…eighty dollars for the starter and…” Haruka looked into Michiru's blue eyes and smiled at her, “I won't charge you for labour but…” she stuffed the piece of paper back into her pocket, “you can buy me a coffee the next time I see you and we'll call it even, okay?” Michiru stared at her, confused at what she just said, “But…” she couldn't think of anything to say.
 
The blonde smiled at her and stood from the chair, “No buts about it,” she handed back Michiru's keys. Michiru still couldn't believe this…no one was that nice to her before. She opened her wallet and took out eighty dollars and gave it to the blonde. “So I owe you a coffee then?” Haruka nodded her head and accepted the money from the aqua haired woman.
 
“I can't believe this…nobody has ever been that nice to me before,” Michiru put her wallet away in her purse and stood; before Haruka could react two arms were wrapped around her, “thank you Haruka…” Michiru let go of her and looked up into confused teal eyes.
 
“You're welcome Michiru.”
 
----------------------------------------------
 
“I heard your car broke down last week…” a young girl with long dark purple almost black hair stood beside Michiru who was busy stocking a shelf with burgundy coloured towels.
 
“Yeah it did,” she placed the last towel on the shelf, “but I got it fixed thank goodness.” The young girl smiled at her friend, “Oh yeah…who fixed it for you…anybody I know?” Michiru shook her head in annoyance… her friend Abi always had boys on the brain which was very annoying sometimes.
 
“A person offered to help me when I was strained in the middle of a rain storm…” Michiru started to walk away knowing that her friend would soon follow her, “And what did this person look like…was he handsome?” You could just see the wheels in Abi's head turning trying to figure out who this guy was.
 
“That my friend…you will have to figure out yourself…” Michiru lightly giggled at her friend's pouted lip. “Come on Michiru…you can't leave a girl hanging here…?” Michiru shook here head. They made there way almost to the back store before Abi spoke again, “Well can you tell me his hair colour?” Abi begged her friend. “Golden blonde…” Abi stopped in her tracks and thought about what the `mystery person' might look like.
 
“I'm going home now Abi…my shift is done,” Michiru slide her id card through the check-in machine and signed out. Michiru put on her coat and headed for the front of the store, at the entrance stood a familiar blonde. The blonde looked directly at her and smiled, “good afternoon Michiru…”
 
“Hello,” she walked closer to her then stopped in front of the blonde, “how are you Haruka?” She looked into her friendly teal eyes, “I'm a little bit thirsty…” the blonde grinned at the girl.
 
“Is that some sort of a hint?”
 
“Perhaps”
 
Michiru smiled at the blonde then walked past her, “I guess I could buy you a drink.”
 
“Only on one condition…we take my car.” The look of uncertainty crossed Michiru's eyes, “Don't worry Michiru…I'll drop you back off here.” Michiru nodded her head even though she was unsure inside.
 
-----------------------------------
 
On one of the main streets of Tokyo was a little café; inside sat two figures that were drinking hot chocolate.
 
“So you live in an apartment…” Michiru sipped her drink as she looked at Haruka, she couldn't believe just how easy it was to talk to her.
 
“It's a nice apartment…it has its own gym and pool,” Haruka was enjoying talking to Michiru…it just seemed right for some reason. “Really…I bet that is an expansive place to live.”
 
“Not really when you have a room mate.” The conversation went on for awhile more, they just talked about what ever came to there minds at the time.
 
The sound of ringing interrupted there conversation; panic grew in Michiru's eyes as she took out her cell phone from her purse, her home phone number flashed on the little screen. “Hello,” her stomach formed a knot, “Dad…are you alright?” She tightened her grip on the phone. Haruka watched the look in Michiru's eyes go from concern to horror in a split second.
 
“Don't move dad…I'll be right there okay?” Michiru closed her flip top cell phone and ended the call. “Is everything alright?” Haruka looked worried for her.
 
“Could you give me a ride home…?” Michiru put her phone back in her purse and stood from her chair. “Sure.”
 
The both of them got into Haruka's car and drove off to Michiru's home; “Is everything alright Michiru?” Haruka looked at her passenger. Michiru stared out the window and watched all the cars that they zoomed by, “My father fell and he can't get back up…” she looked to Haruka, “he had a stroke a few years ago and he has trouble getting around.”
 
Haruka pulled the car into a parking spot in front of a large apartment building and turned it off, “Do you need any help?”
 
“No that's okay…I think I can handle it on my own,” Michiru kindly smiled at her and opened the car door. “How are you going to get your car from work?” Michiru was just about out of the car then stopped, `Oh yeah.'
 
“I'll think of something,” she stood from the car, “Thanks for the ride,” Michiru bowed her head then turned and went into the building with her keys in hand. Haruka started the car, `I hope her father is alright…'she was just about to put the car in reverse when a little black bag got her attention, `she forgot her purse.' She turned off her car again and got out; she stood in the lobby and looked at the board where all the names of the people that lived there. `Let's see…Kaioh…Kaioh,' she moved her finger up and down the board looking for her name. “Number 351,” she pressed the button to buzz apartment #351.
 
---------------------------------
 
Michiru unlocked the door and opened it, “Dad!” she stepped inside then shut the door behind her, “Dad where are you?” She took off her shoes then headed over to where she heard noise. She went into her father's room, “Dad…” she whispered; her father laid facedown on the ground, his cane laid a few feet away from him. Michiru walked over to him and bent down, “Dad, are you alright?” Michiru took hold of his hand which was colder then normal. “Mich…” her father couldn't talk as good as he use to, her father looked up into his daughter's blue eyes and smiled sadly. “Come on dad…lets get you off the ground,” Michiru was glad that her father remembered her name, sometimes he'd forget and that made Michiru very sad…she knew though that he didn't mean to forget, he just couldn't help it.
 
“Just a second dad…I think the intercom is buzzing,” she stood from the floor and went into the living room; “Hello…” she held the black button.
 
“Michiru?”
 
“This is she,” a moan came from her father's room, `Hold on dad.'
 
“You forgot your purse in my car.”
 
“Oh sorry…could you bring up?” She hadn't even noticed that her purse was missing.
 
“Sure.” Michiru pushed the unlock button so Haruka could get in the building. Michiru headed back into her father's bedroom, her father some how managed to turn himself over and now he faced the ceiling instead of the carpet. Michiru went over to her father and held him under his arm trying to get him to stand up. Her father was no small man and trying to help him stand was no easy task, “Dad you have to help me out here…I can't lift you by myself.”
 
----------------------------------
 
The elevator dinged at the third floor and the doors opened, Haruka stepped out and turned to her right. She past two doors until she arrived at apartment number 351, she lightly knocked on the door.
 
“Come in…its open.” Michiru's voice yelled from inside the apartment. Haruka slowly turned the door knob and opened it. “Michiru,” she stepped into the apartment, it was quite big, and the living room was right there as soon as you stepped in and to the left was the kitchen and dining room.
 
“Where are you?” Haruka didn't feel right going into somebody's home she just met especially when the person wasn't even in the same room. “I'm in my dad's room,” Haruka took off her shoes then made her way to the bedrooms, she looked into the room where Michiru was. “Do you need any help?” Michiru's father lied on the ground and Michiru was trying to get him to stand up which looked like she was having difficulties.
 
“If you don't mind,” Michiru face was flushed; she was getting a work out trying to convince her father to help her. Haruka walked into the room and over to Michiru's father, she carefully put her arm around the guy's waist and put his arm around her shoulder. With all her strength she lifted him up off the ground and helped him to his bed.
 
~~ End Flash Back ~~
 
“What happened after you helped her father?” Deni-su was very amused at her daughter's story. “She thanked me for helping her and then I left,” the blonde crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back in the chair.
 
“I'm home,” in the hallway at the front door someone yelled. “Sounds like dad is home…”
 
Jimu came into the kitchen, “How are my two favourite girls doing?” he went over to his wife and kissed her on the cheek and then patted his daughter on the head. “Fine dear…how was your day?” Deni-su stood from her seat and hugged her husband. “Alright I guess,” Jimu sat down on the chair after letting go of his wife; he let out a tired sigh. Haruka got up from her seat, “I'm going to see how Michiru is doing.”
 
-------------------------------------------
 
Haruka carefully opened the door to her old bedroom and stepped in; the curtains were drawn closed making it darker then normal in the room. On the bed a form was curled up with there knees almost touching there chest; Haruka made her way over to the bed and knelt down beside the front were her friend's head was. She brought her hand up and lightly touched her cheek; two tired eyes opened slightly. “Hey sweetheart,” the blonde's hand rested beside the pillow. Michiru weakly smiled at her, she couldn't find her voice. “How are you feeling?” Michiru moved her hand and gripped onto the blonde's that was by the pillow. “Your hands are still cold,” Haruka brought her other hand up and gripped the cold one trying to give it warmth. Michiru closed her eyes and enjoyed the warmth of her girlfriend's hands, “I think I'll let you rest…okay?” The blonde stood somewhat so she could be at head level, she lovingly smiled at her girlfriend and moved her head slightly so she was mere inches away from her mouth. Ever so gently Haruka placed a loving kiss on those beautiful pink lips of her lover that she missed so much. Michiru eyes opened in disbelieve but then closed them again and kissed back not wanting this sensation to end. Haruka broke the kiss even though she didn't want to, she looked into those blue eyes that she could never get tired of seeing. “I love you so much Michiru,” she whispered to the girl that she was madly in love with. Michiru smiled at her, “I love you too Haruka.” The blonde leaned forward and kissed her on the forehead, “I better let you rest.” She stood and turned to leave, “Hope you are feeling better.” Michiru watched her leave the room then she closed her eyes and fell asleep with a content smile on her lips.
 
----------------------------------------------
The Tenoh's house was quiet; the humming of the fridge and the ticking of the clock was the only thing heard.  In the basement on the couch laid a tall form, their arm rested over there eyes and the blanket was half on them and half on the floor.  The clock on the VCR glowed 4:27.  The beeping of an alarm woke the form from there light sleep, they opened there eyes and brought there hand up to the coffee table and took hold of the watch that was making noise.  They pushed one of the bottoms and made the thing stop making noise.  A yawn escaped their lips as they stood and slowly made there way to the stairs.
Eventually she made her way to the second floor were all the bedrooms were; the blonde quietly opened one of the doors and walked in.  On the bed slept a familiar form with aqua hair, the blonde knelt down beside the bed and ran her fingers over the person's face. 
“Michiru…” they whispered.  The sleeping form opened there eyes and looked through the darkness of the room.  “Ruka?”
“Morning,” Haruka smiled at her; it was rare to be up before her girlfriend, she always was up before the blonde was. “Do you feel like going to Nagashima Spaland?”
Michiru stretched her arms and legs out and yawned, “Yeah I do.” Michiru was excited about going, she never before had been there; she heard of the place before but never went. She sat up in bed and took off her covers; Haruka stood and went over to her suitcase to get a change of clothing. “We have to meet Jasutin out side in an hour,” Haruka took off her night clothes and put on a dark green t-shirt and a pair of blue jean shorts.
“What is the weather suppose to be like today?” Michiru opened her suitcase and looked through all the different articles of clothing. “The weather man said it's going to be hot,” she folded her pyjamas and placed them on top of her suitcase. Michiru sorted through her clothes and found a light blue t-shirt and a pair of dark blue knickers.
The two of them quietly made there way downstairs to the kitchen and grabbed some breakfast from the fridge. In just a few minutes they had to be ready and outside to wait for Jasutin and company. “Are you ready to go?” Haruka put the milk back into the fridge and closed the door. “In a minute…I have to brush my teeth,” Michiru went back upstairs to the bathroom and brushed her teeth while Haruka got two bottles of water to bring with them.
---------------------------------------
Haruka and Michiru sat on the front porch steps waiting for a certain grey van to come. “Jasutin is late,” she looked down at her watch, “He never used to be.” Haruka looked down the street; no cars were on the road. A few minutes later a grey mini van pulled into the drive way, Jasutin was smiling goofily in the driver's seat. The two walked over to the van and opened the sliding door, “Good morning.” In the back seat sat Roba-to, Rosheru, and Kyari; in the middle seat sat Adamu and in the passenger's seat Hirari. Haruka and Michiru squeezed in beside Adamu with Haruka sitting beside him and Michiru sitting beside the blonde. “Sorry about the closeness but it's the only vehicle I could borrow from my dad,” Jasutin could see the discomfort everyone was in, especially Haruka. “That's alright…it's not like it's a long trip or anything,” Haruka was defiantly squished but at least she wasn't the only one. Adamu tried his best to get as close as possible to the edge of the seat but it was very difficult.
The very full van drove down the road to its destination which was a few minutes away. Everyone in the van was very quite; after all it was really early in the morning. The van pulled into a large parking lot and parked in a spot by the building. The eight of them all got out and made there way inside the building, “We're supposed to meet Anjera and Anji at the gate.” Hirari looked to her watch, it was 5:43, they still had fifteen minutes until there train departure.
“Do you see them anywhere?” The eight of them looked around for the two other people that were coming. “Anjera is so short…how am I supposed to find her?” Kyari stood on her tippy toes trying to look over the other passengers. “Don't look for her…look for a black head with blue highlights,” Rosheru didn't even bother to try and find them, she was even shorter then Anjera.
“There they are,” Jasutin pointed to the entrance of the place. Everyone looked to were he pointed and saw the two of them, Anjera wore dark blue knickers and a light blue sleeveless shirt; Anji wore light blue jeans and a white muscle shirt with a white dress shirt over top. “Come on you two…the train is about to leave.” Hirari yelled at them from afar while the rest of the group got on the train.
“Sorry about that Hirari,” Anjera looked guilty, “Anji had a hard time getting up this morning.” Anjera looked to the tomboy beside her and shook her head; Anji looked everywhere but her friend, she knew it was her fault for them being late; she couldn't help it if she wasn't a morning person like some other people. “That's alright…at least you made it on time,” Hirari made her way to the rest of the group that was already seated followed by the two late comers.
“Are you guys excited about this?” Jasutin knelt on his seat so he could see all his friends that were seated behind him and in front of him. “Yeah!” Out of the ten of them only five responded, Jasutin smiled at all his friends. He couldn't wait to ride all the awesome rides with his cousin; he hadn't gone to this park in such along time. The last time he went was with Haruka when he was fourteen. He was so stoked…next stop Nagashima Spaland.
---------------------------------
Sorry about changing the ending…I just wasn't happy with it. My other stories I have started the next chapters but they only have a few pages to them and that's not long enough to post. They will get updated but it won't be for awhile…sorry about that.
 
 
 
9