Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ True Love ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

True Love:
Chapter Two
--------------------------------------------------
Haruka gathered her books as the bell rang for the end of the day. She looked at the back of the classroom and saw Michiru still sitting at her desk, `I wonder why she always stays behind after the bell rings.' Haruka tucked her books under her arm and headed off to her locker; she put her books in her locker and grabbed her backpack.
“Hi Haruka,” Haruka rolled her eyes as she recognized the person voice,
“Hey Katsuko,” she shut the door of her locker and started to walk to the exit.
“Hey, wait up Haruka,” she stopped and waited for Katsuko to catch up, `what does she want now?'
“Can I walk you home, Haruka?” Katsuko had the biggest smile on her face. `Finally, I'll get him all to myself,' she thought as she waited for him to say yes. Haruka closed her eyes as she thought of an excuse to get out of this predicament.
“No thanks Katsuko.” The smile on her face was gone and was replaced with a frown,
“Why not?” Katsuko begged.
“I'm not going home; I have some errands to do.” Haruka began to walk to the exit again.
“Well, can I go with you to do your errands then?”
“No!” Haruka walked out the door slamming it behind her. Katsuko stood in the middle of the hallway with her hands clenched into fists,
“No one says no to me, I'll get you yet Haruka Tenoh.”
-----------------------------------------
In front of the school sat Michiru who was reading her script waiting for her mother to pick her up. Michiru glanced at her watch on her wrist, `mom was supposed to be here 20 minutes ago, where is she?' She went back to reading her script without noticing someone standing at the front doors of the school watching her.
Haruka couldn't believe her eyes, ten feet in front of her sat Michiru, which she thought was the most beautiful girl in the entire school. She walked over to Michiru, `I wonder if she made up her decision yet?'
“Hello Michiru,” she looked up at Haruka.
“Oh, hi Haruka.” She looked back down at her paper she was reading, Haruka sat down beside her.
“Waiting for your parents?” Haruka looked out across the street.
“Yeah, they're a little late.” Michiru flipped a page of her script; Haruka looked down at her hands,
“So have you made your decision about me helping you with your lines?” Haruka began twirling her thumbs.
“Umm...I guess so.” Michiru still looked at her script but didn't see the words that were written on it.
“Great, we can start tomorrow before school starts.” Haruka now looked at Michiru.
“Alright,” Michiru could feel Haruka eyes on her but she didn't want to look at him. A loud thunder interrupted their conversation; they both looked up at the same time.
“Those are some dark clouds coming this way.” Rain drops started to fall from the sky as Haruka and Michiru ran for cover under the entrance of the school. `Great, now I got to ride my bike in the rain.' Haruka thought as lightening lit the sky and thunder rocked the heavens.
Michiru glanced down at her watch a second time, `moms half an hour late.' The thunder started to get louder and louder, she started to back into the corner and hugged herself.
“Are you okay?” Haruka looked at her eyes, they looked terrified. `Is she scared of the thunderstorm?' Haruka wondered as she looked at Michiru's face getting whiter and whiter.
“Yeah, I'm just not a big fan of thunderstorms.” Haruka tried to get Michiru's mind off of the storm.
“So...what ya doing when you get home?” Michiru looked at Haruka with a puzzling look on her face.
“I...umm...I'm going to do my homework and practise my violin.”
“You can play the violin?” Michiru nodded her head yes. “Wow, I heard that a violin is very hard to learn.” Haruka looked at Michiru's eyes, the terrified look that was there before was slowly going away.
“It's actually very easy to learn.”
The honking of a horn broke the steady sound of the rain. A smile crept on Michiru's face. “That's my mom finally.” She ran out into the rain towards the car and got in. Haruka let out a sigh, `time to get wet.'
“Haruka!” A person was running towards her with an umbrella. The person stopped in front of her, their hair was all matted to their face and water was dripping off their nose.
“Michiru?!” Haruka looked at her surprised,
“Do you want a ride home?” Michiru looked so cute with her hair all stuck to her face.
“No thanks, I'll be fine.” Haruka smiled
“Are you sure?”
“Yup, see ya tomorrow.” Haruka ran off to the bike rake to get her bike and rode off in the rain. Michiru stood there watching the road that Haruka just rode down. “I wonder were he lives?”
-----------------------------------------------
Haruka sped past old apartment buildings, nursery school and a park before she arrived at a trailer park; she rode past the gates and over to her trailer were she lived with her dad. The park was not one of those crappy ones but it was very well taken cared of. The front was all fenced in with trees nicely trim and flowers grew around them making it very beautiful to look at, all the trailer's lawns were nicely cut and very green. The Tenoh's had a very big lot with trees surrounding them, the trailer itself was white with green pin stripping, and the name that was on front of it was `The Wilderness.' It's about 40 feet long and ten feet wide with two tilt outs, one in the living room and one in the bedroom which is in the front of the trailer, it may look small on the outside but it is very big in the inside.
Haruka opened the door and went inside, her shoes and clothes were all soaking wet, she went into the bathroom to get some dryer clothes. She headed into the kitchen and saw a note on the fridge; she took it off and read it,
`Haruka, there is spaghetti in a white container in the fridge for your supper. I hope you enjoy it. Love dad.' Haruka smiled and opened the fridge getting the container out and putting it into the microwave. She walked over to the door and got her wet pack back, opened it and got her script out. She started to look it over,
“Holy, Michiru has a lot of lines to learn.” The microwave dinged indicating that her supper was hot, she grabbed it and went over to the kitchen table with her script in hand, she began reading it but couldn't stop thinking about Michiru's face.
“Why is she all I think about ever since I met her?”
-------------------------------------------
Michiru sat in the passenger's seat as her mother drove them home; she looked out the window watching the rain droplets roll down the window.
“Sorry I was so late dear, one of my investors wanted to look around the restaurant.”
“Its okay mom,” `besides I got to talk to Haruka.' Michiru smiled as she remembered the way he smiled at her. Michiru's mother looked over to her daughter and saw a happy smile on her face, usually when she picked her up she was almost to the verge of tears and didn't want to talk.
“Did anything happened at school today Michiru?” Michiru looked at her mother and her smile grew bigger.
“I think I have made a new friend.”
“Oh, what's her name?”
“His name is Haruka.” `Him?' her mother looked surprised at her.
“He is really nice and very handsome.” Michiru blushed as she didn't mean to say the last part of that sentence. The rest of the ride home was in silence as Michiru didn't dare to talk encase she said something else that would make her face turn red.
---------------------------------------
Michiru sat on the front stairs of the school the following morning waiting for Haruka to come. She sat there about forty-five minutes before the blonde haired boy showed up.
“Sorry I'm late Michiru,” his voice sounded deeper than normal, Michiru looked up at his face.
“I had a hard time getting up this morning,” he smiled as he sat down next to her.
“Are you feeling okay Haruka you don't sound the same as yesterday?” Michiru was concerned for her friend. Haruka rubbed his eyes,
“I think I a have caught a cold from riding home yesterday in the rain.” His shut his eyes as he sneezed.
“You should go home and rest.” Michiru looked very serious all of a sudden.
“I'll be fine really.” Haruka stood up, “so are you ready to go over your lines?”
“Yeah.”
------------------------------------------
Michiru sat at her desk looking out the window watching the birds fly by, she felt someone watching her so she turned her head, teal eyes met hers, Michiru smiled as her heart skipped a beat. Haruka looked at her eyes, `they're like an endless ocean.' Someone tapped Haruka on the shoulder, making her brake eye contact with Michiru. A piece of paper was handed to her; she opened it and read it, `Haruka, will you go on a date with me?' Haruka looked up from the paper and noticed Katsuko was staring at her from the front of the room. Haruka rolled her eyes, `not her again.' She got a pencil out and wrote on the paper and sent it back to the front. Michiru watched as Haruka wrote on the note and handed it back to the person who handed it to her in the first place. `I wonder what it said.' Katsuko received the paper and opened it with her hopes high; at the bottom of the note a big NO was there in bold writing. Katsuko rolled it up and throw it into her bag. Haruka smiled as she saw Katsuko getting mad.
The teacher stood in front of the class talking about the up coming play. “Beginning next week we will be rehearsing the play in the auditorium for the whole day, so be prepared class.” The bell rang as the teacher finished her sentence, Haruka gathered her books and started to leave but she looked back at Michiru who was still sitting there, Haruka walked back to her and offered her hand,
“Can I walk you to your locker miss?” Michiru sat there in shock; she didn't move or say a word. “Hello?” Haruka waved her hand in front of her face. Michiru snapped out of her trance, “sure.” Michiru smiled as she gathered her books and followed Haruka into the busy hallway.
“Which way to your locker?”
“It's around the corner.' Michiru pointed down the hallway. Down the hall stood Katsuko and her gang of friends, they watched every move of Haruka and Michiru took. Katsuko was fuming with anger inside, `how dare she, she will pay the price for this.'
-----------------------------------------
Haruka and Michiru stood in the auditorium on the stage with there class, there teacher stood were the audience would sit.
“Alright, the next scene is the step sisters ripping Cinderella's dress before they go to the ball.” The teacher was looking through her script. Michiru stood nervously in the middle of the stage waiting for the instruction of the teacher. `I think Katsuko was chosen for the right part, the evil step mother.'
The morning went on forever for Michiru and she couldn't wait until lunch time. Just then the bell rang for lunch to begin. `Finally,' Michiru left the stage not talking to anyone not even Haruka; she headed for the cafeteria, got her food and went outside to the garden instead of sitting under the willow tree. Haruka saw Michiru run out of the auditorium in a hurry. `I didn't even get a change to say she did a good job.' Haruka headed to the cafeteria to get her lunch.
“Haruka, do you want to eat lunch with me?” Katsuko stepped in front of her path way. Haruka started to get mad at her,
“How many time have I told you No and yet you keep bothering me Katsuko, leave me alone!” Haruka yelled at her not caring who was around to hear the argument and then she stormed off to go and find Michiru.
“That freak is no good for you Haruka!” Katsuko yelled at Haruka's back, Haruka clenched her hands into very tight fists and walked out of the cafeteria.
In the garden sat Michiru on a bench surrounded by beautiful flowers, the birds were chirping and the sun was shinning brightly, Michiru took a deep breath of fresh air. Haruka entered the garden and stopped as she saw Michiru sitting there amongst the flowers, `Wow!' Haruka quietly walked towards her once her heart slowed its rapped beating. Michiru heard footsteps coming closer to her so she looked up.
“Hi Michiru,” Haruka sat down beside her on the bench.
“Where's your lunch?” Haruka lost her appetite after yelling at Katsuko.
“I'm not that hungry.” She leaned her head on the back of the bench and closed her eyes, listening to the chirping birds and the warm sun on her face.
“Do you want some of my lunch?” Haruka opened her eyes and looked at Michiru's kind face, `how can anyone consider her a freak?' Haruka smiled as Michiru handed her half her sandwich
“Thanks, but you don't have to Michiru.” She sat up straight and took a bite of the sandwich.
“Well, it's the least I can do for you after you helping me learn my lines.” She nervously played with her sandwich wrapper.
“Don't worry about it Michiru, what are friends for right?” Haruka smiled as she finished the sandwich.
---------------------------------------------