Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ True Love ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

True Love
Chapter Three
---------------------------------------------
The auditorium was jammed packed with people waiting for the grade seven classes to perform Cinderella. Back stage everyone was running around, anxious to start but very nervous of performing for such a large crowd. In a corner of the back stage sat Michiru who wore an old dress that had patches all over it, she was looking at the reflection in the mirror, out of the corner of her eye she could see Haruka talking to some girls from there class. She couldn't stop staring at him, he looked so gorgeous in that outfit he was wearing, he had on red pants with gold strips down the sides and a white top on, it almost looked like the same outfit from the movie. Haruka was admiring the two girls in front of her and how the were drooling over her,
“You look very handsome tonight Haruka,” one of the girls said then blushed. Haruka smiled as they both continued to talk about stuff that she didn't find interesting. She looked over to were Michiru sat and frowned as she saw Katsuko talking to her; she clenched her fists as she heard Katsuko starting to yell at her, before Haruka could do anything Michiru ran past her.
“Michiru!” She yelled at her but she didn't stop, all the kids that were in the room stopped their conversations and watched Haruka run after the aqua haired girl, Katsuko stood off in the shadows grinning.
Michiru ran as fast as she could through the school, she didn't care were she was headed as long as she was as far away as possible from Katsuko. Michiru stopped running as she couldn't run any more, she glanced around, big trees and beautiful smelling flowers surrounded her, she sat under a tall tree and brought her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around them burying her head between them, she let the tears fall that she kept back from falling in front of everyone. Haruka ran through the school and into the court yard trying to find Michiru, `where did she go?' she ran over to the track field, then the parking lot, she stopped as she heard crying coming from the garden.
“Michiru?” She walked into the garden and found her seated under the biggest tree in the whole garden. She took a deep breath and walked over to the crying goddess,
“Michiru?” She didn't want to look up at the person because she knew who it was and she didn't want him to see her crying like a baby.
“Leave me alone.” Michiru whispered so quietly that Haruka almost didn't hear it. `I'd never leave you alone.' Haruka sat down beside her and looked up through the leaves of the trees; the sky was turning orangey-red as the sun started to set,
“What ever Katsuko said to you, you shouldn't let it bother you.” Haruka looked down at her hands, “you deserve to play Cinderella just as much as anyone else does, Michiru.” Michiru lifted her head off her knees and looked straight ahead,
“How did you know what she said to me?” Michiru looked into Haruka's eyes. Haruka put her hand behind her head and rubbed it.
“Well I...umm...I just figured it out, that's all.” Haruka looked at Michiru's face, the tears stopped running down her face but some still remained on her cheeks.
“You know, you shouldn't cry Michiru, you look more beautiful when you smile.” Haruka now knelt in front of her and wiped off the tears with her thumb. Michiru held her breath as Haruka gently touched her face. `His hands are so soft.'
“So are you ready to go back to the school and dazzle the audience with your performance?” Haruka stood up and offered Michiru her hand. She took his hand and smiled as he pulled her to her feet. “Shall we?”
They arrived back just in time for the play to start. Michiru walked on the stage, Haruka leaned against the wall of the entrance to the stage and watched her perform, `she defiantly looks more beautiful when she smiles.'
-----------------------------------------------
The curtains were drawn close as the play ended, Haruka and Michiru stood on stage watching it close, Michiru let out a sigh of relieve, `finally it's over.' All the cast members ran on stage as the curtain was opened again, they all bowed to the audience all at the same time, the noises in the crowd grow. The curtain closed again, the cast walked off the stage to go and get changed into there normal clothing.
 
Michiru walked out of the changing room, “Michiru dear,” She looked up and saw her parents walking toward her,
“Mom, dad!” She walked over to them and hugged them tightly.
“Your performance was very good dear.” Her parents said in unison.
“Thanks.” She smiled as her parents guided her through the hallway towards their car. Haruka stood in the doorway of the bathroom and watched Michiru and her parents laughing as they walked toward her. Michiru's eyes met Haruka's; she smiled as she looked into her eyes and the happiness there.
“Haruka!” Michiru walked up to him,
“Hey Michiru,” she ran her hand through her hair.
“I'd like you to meet my parents.” Haruka stood in front of a tall man with black hair and a moustache with dark green eyes, the man shook Haruka's hand firmly.
“It's nice to meet you sir.” Haruka now stood in front of Michiru's mother; she had very long hair that went past her waist and the same colour hair as Michiru's. `Wow, Michiru got her looks from her mother.'
“It's nice to meet ma'am.”
“Oh please, call me Yori and you can call him Kei.” Haruka turned to face Michiru,
“You did an excellent job tonight.”
“All thanks to you.” Yori and Kei looked at them with a puzzled look on there face.
“Oh, Haruka helped me learn my lines.”
“Oh,” they both said at the same time. Kei looked at Haruka,
“Since you helped my daughter, you deserve something in return.”
“No, that's okay really.”
“I know you and your family should join us for dinner tonight, my treat of course?”
“My father just left for work, so I guess I'll have to take a rain check.” Haruka smiled as politely as possible.
“You can just come with us if you want.”
Michiru leaned over Haruka's shoulder, he is very stubborn and he won't take no for an answer.” She whispered in his ear. Haruka gave up and went with the Kaioh family to a restaurant called `Wind & Water'. They all walked in and sat at a table by a small water fall.
“Excuses me, I have to make a pit stop.” Kei got up off his chair and left them by them selves. Yori had to go somewhere else in the restaurant also.
“Wow this is some restaurant; I've never been in here before.” Haruka looked around, in one part there sat a grand piano and a glass violin on the wall, another part had a dance floor and a bar. A waiter came over to the table,
“Hello Miss Kaioh,” Michiru looked up at him,
“Oh hi Nori.”
“Where are your parents?”
“My mom is in the kitchen and my dad is in the bathroom probably.” The waiter nodded his head.
“So what ya have?”
“I'll have...” she looked through the menu, “...spaghetti with meat balls please.” Nori wrote on his pad of paper.
“And what would you like sir?” Haruka looked at the menu. “I'll have...umm...a salad.” Nori wrote it down on the paper and left. Michiru looked at Haruka's face and saw a confused look,
“Nori's been working here for many years.” Haruka nodded her head uncertain like,
“Why is your mom in the kitchen?” Haruka still didn't understand what was going on.
“She is probably checking things out.”
“Okay?” Haruka took a drink of her water. Michiru's mother and father came back to the table and then there meal came as followed.
Dinner was done and over with, so the Kaioh's and Haruka piled into their Pontiac Grand Prix and drove down the road.
“Can we drive you home Haruka?” Yori was behind the wheel.
You can drop me off back at the school, my bike is still there.”
“Sure.” They arrived at the school and Haruka got out,
“Thanks for dinner Yori and Kei, I'll see ya at school tomorrow, Michiru.” She closed the door and walked over to her bicycle.
“Michiru parents are nice,” Haruka talked to her self as she jumped on her bike and rode home. Michiru sat in the back sit looking out the window, watching the houses fly by. Her father turned around so he could face her,
“Haruka seems to be a nice gentleman Michi,” Michiru smiled as her father approved of her new friend.
“Yeah he is.” Michiru looked back out the window and watch the flying scenery. The rest of the ride home was in silence, the only thing heard was the violin music playing on the CD player.
-------------------------------------------------