Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ True Love ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

True Love
Chapter Nine
----------------------------------------
“Please make sure your tables and chairs are in there up right positions and please fasten your seat belts as we are about to take off.” A male voice came over the PA instructing his passengers.
“Are you ready to go back to work Yori?” Kei held his wife's hand as they waited for the plane to take off. “Not really,” Yori entwined there fingers. Michiru looked through the window of the plane and watched the ground get smaller and smaller as the plane flew into the clouds. Once the fasten your seat belts sign went off Michiru put on her head phones and put the CD her father bought her awhile ago in her disc man.
Music blared out of her head phones as she nodded her head with the beat. She rested her head against the chair and closed her eyes while she waited for the plane to land in Japan.
-------------------------------------------
The sun shined brightly through the curtains of Michiru's bedroom and onto her bed were the goddess slept all tangled with her sheets. Her eyes opened very slowly revealing beautiful blue eyes; she glanced over to her digital clock -10:30am. She untangled the sheets from around her body and sat up in bed with her legs dangling over the side, she stretched her arms over her head which made her back crack.
After she had a shower and got dressed she made her way down to the kitchen, upon entering the kitchen she saw he father seated at the table drinking his coffee and reading the newspaper. He looked over the paper as he heard Michiru enter the kitchen.
“Morning sleep head.”
“Morning,” he went back to reading the paper as Michiru headed for the fridge to get a glass of milk and a yogurt.
“Mom gone to work?” Michiru sat down beside her father and opened her yogurt,
“Yeah,” her father took a sip of his coffee while Michiru eat a spoonful of her strawberry flavour yogurt; she was half done her breakfast when she glanced over at the front page of the newspaper her father held. In bold letters across the front page was `Firefighter killed in Explosion,' Michiru dropped her spoon on the table,
“Can…can I see the front page of the paper?” Her father looked over the top of the paper and his eyes went wide at the sight of his daughter, her face went so pale and her hands her shacking uncontrollably. He handed the paper to her; Michiru gripped it tightly as she held it in front of her. She didn't understand it, for some reason she had a bad feeling about what she was about to read. She skimmed through the article, `in an attempt to save a trapped victim on the third floor of an apartment building…one fireman was killed and another one is in critically condition at the hospital….no names have been released.' Michiru let go of the paper and let it gently float back to the table.
“Michiru?” Kei looked at his daughter, who stared at the article in front of her.
“That is Haruka's father,” Michiru mumbled to herself,
“Who's Haruka's father?” Kei was confused by Michiru's comment. Michiru looked up into her father's eyes with a sad expression.
“The fireman that's in critical condition at the hospital.” Kei looked to the article then back at his daughter.
“How do you know that, it doesn't say the name…” he was cut off before he could finish.
“I don't know…I- I just have this strange feeling that it is him.” Kei gulped down his now lukewarm coffee,
“But…I didn't even know Haruka's father was a fireman.” He rose from his chair and knelt beside Michiru looking her straight in the eyes but didn't say anything.
“Will you take me to the hospital dad?” He kept eye contact with her until he couldn't take the worried look she gave him.
“Please dad, I have to see if Haruka is alright.” Michiru never begged her parents for anything before but if he wouldn't take her she would find a way to get there.
“Alright Michiru.”
---------------------------------------
Kei and Michiru entered the hospital, it was extremely busy, the doctors and nurses were running around trying to get to there next patient. They walked up to the nurse station, behind the desk sat a young woman with dark black hair.
“Excuse me ma'am.” Kei looked down at the nurse, the nurse smiled friendly up at them.
“Yes sir, how may I help you?” Kei looked over to his daughter than back to the nurse,
“I was wondering what room Mr Tenoh would be in.” The nurse turned her attention to her computer and began typing on the keyboard.
“Are you a family member?” Kei ran his hand through his hair nervously as he was about to lie.
“Uh…we're friends of his.” The nurse politely smiled at him,
“I'm sorry sir but only family members are allowed to see him.” Kei let out a sigh,
“Alright,” Kei turned to face his daughter, “I'm sorry Michiru but…” he stopped mid sentence as Michiru was no where to be seen.
“Michiru?” He scanned the waiting room. `Where did she go?'
------------------------------------------
Michiru stood in front of two large doors with `Intensive Care' written across them. She reached for the handle and slowly opened one of the doors; she stuck her head in just enough to see if anyone was around. Michiru didn't see anyone so she opened the door the rest of the way and quietly walked in closing the door behind her. She looked over to her right were the nurse station was, just her luck nobody was there. She slowly tip toed down the hall so no one would notice her, she glanced in all the rooms to see if she could see Haruka and her father, she turned down another hall and froze in motion.
---------------------------------------
Haruka sat on a lawn chair in her yard with her head tilted back as far as her head would allow, looking up at the blue sky watching the clouds slowly float by. The sun shun brightly on Haruka's face as she closed her eyes enjoying the warmth the sun rays provided. The movement of the leaves caused Haruka to open her eyes and to look up at the tree. On one of the branches high up a squirrel was jumping from one branch to another. A small smile formed on Haruka's lips as the squirrel jumped off the branch and landed on top of the fence that separated their property and their neighbours. She closed her eyes again and sighed, `I'm so bored.' Haruka got up off her chair and stretched making her neck crack; she headed inside of their trailer and sat down on the couch with the TV remote in her hand, she was just about to push the on button on the remote when the phone rang. She scooted over to the other side of the couch were the phone was and picked it up.
“Hello,” she still held the remote in her hand.
“Is this Haruka Tenoh daughter of Zenko Tenoh?” A female voice was on the other end.
“Yes,” Haruka heard the person on the other end take a deep breath before they continued.
“Your father has been involved in a serious accident and you need to come to the hospital right away.” Haruka eyes went wide in shock, she couldn't respond to the person, her hands began to shack making her drop the remote on the floor.
“Alright,” Haruka whispered to the person before hanging up the phone. She ran to the closet getting her helmet than ran outside to were her bike was locked up. Her hands were shacking so badly that she had a very hard time unlocking her bike, after a few tries she finally got it. She pedaled her bike as fast as she could to the hospital which was a far ways from her home.
Haruka finally made it to the hospital in about twenty minutes of pedaling at top speed. She got off her bike and had to lean on it for support, her legs felt like rubber from riding so fast for so long. She locked her bike up and headed for the entrance of the hospital and quickly walked over to the nurse's station but was stopped by someone.
“Haruka!” A tall man with jet black hair and dark purple eyes walked up to her.
“Ryu,” it was her father's good friend that he worked with. He put a friendly hand on her shoulder and bent down some so he could be eye level with her. Haruka's stomach started to hurt as she looked this man in the eyes, they looked worried and sadden, she took a deep breathe trying to clam her hurting stomach.
“Where's my dad?” The man stood and looked over to his left, she followed his glance, off in the corner stood five fireman who where looking through a glass window, Haruka's stomach started to feel worse as she slowly made her way over to the window were the men were standing. They moved out of the way so she could see, her eyes widen in horror at the sight before her. There her father lay on the hospital bed unconscious with bandages covering his chest, part of his face, his left arm and part of his leg. Everything around her seemed to stop, all she saw was her father's body motionless. She didn't know how to react, she just stood there not even blinking her eyes, one of the firefighters put a comforting hand on her shoulder and spoke to her but she didn't hear what he was saying, she felt someone guide her to one of the chairs in the waiting area.
“Haruka?” She snapped out of her little world she was in and listened to what Ryu was saying to her.
“Your father will get through this Haruka.” She weakly smiled at him then went back to staring at the glass window.
Four days had passed since the accident and the doctors moved Haruka's father into the intensive care unit on the fifth floor of the hospital. Haruka sat on a chair beside her father's bed asleep,
“Haruka,” someone tapped her lightly on the arm.
“Hmm…” she slowly opened her tired eyes,
“You should go home and get some rest.” The friendly nurse looked worried at the young blonde.
“I'll be alright,” Haruka got up off the chair and walked over to the door rubbing her sore back.
“I'll be back in awhile,” she rubbed the sleep from her eyes, and then walked down the hall. The nurse let out a sigh as she watched the blonde walk out the main doors of the intensive care unit.
Haruka walked around the hospital for awhile trying to get rid of her sore muscles before she headed back. Instead of going inside the room she stood in the hall and watched her father through the window, she let out a tired sigh and leaned her head against the cold glass closing her eyes. The sound of footsteps could be heard coming down the hallway; she kept her eyes closed as she figured it was just a nurse doing her rounds. The footsteps got closer and closer to her until they stopped, Haruka slowly opened her eyes and looked at the reflection in the window, a person with aqua hair stood behind her, she blinked her eyes again and again not believing what she saw, `Michiru!'