Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ True Love ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

True Love
Chapter Eight
-------------------------------------------
Spain is such a beautiful country, greenery as far as the eye can see. In the mist of this sat a beautiful white brick house, behind the house lied a swimming pool fit for a goddess. The inside was just as magnificent as the outside, when you first enter the house you're greeted by a huge painting of the ocean. Once you pass that you head into the living room were you can see the back yard through glass doors, there's a gas fire place off to the right side and a comfy couch to sit on while you watch the fire, against the wall was a beautiful craved wood stair case that led up to the bedrooms. To the left of the room was a doorway that led to the kitchen, now this kitchen was so amazing any master chef would be happy to call it their own. A silver two door fridge stood tall off to the corner and was surrounded by dark maple wood counter tops and cupboards, a silver and black gas stove sat beside a double basin sink while the counter was scattered with different types of equipment for cooking and baking. The far side of the kitchen had a table and chairs were a family of three sat eating their dinner. An aqua haired twelve year old girl sat across from her mother pushing her food around her plate as she stared at the milk in front of her.
“Michiru?” She raised her eyes to meet her mother's glance. Yori didn't say anything but kept her daughters attention. Ever since the last day of school she hasn't been herself, the happiness she usually had in her eyes was no longer there. When she looked into her eyes nothing but sadness was there, it hurt Yori to see her daughter like this. She tried asking her what the matter was but she never seemed to get a reply.
“May I be excused?” Michiru looked down at her half empty plate.
“Yes you may.” Her mother said with a sad tone. Michiru stood, grabbed her plate and walked over to the counter and placed her dishes beside the sink then walked into the living room. Yori let out a worried sigh as she gathered her plate and glass,
“Are you alright dear?” Kei sat at the right side of his wife,
“I'm fine it's just…” Yori looked into his dark green eyes,
“I'm worried about Michiru, she hasn't been herself lately.”
“Yeah I know what you mean,” he stood and gathered his dishes and walked over to his wife and took her dishes then brought them over to the sink to be washed later. Yori watched as Kei walked over to the kitchen and placed the dishes on the counter, she stared at the back of his head until he turned around and smiled at her. Yori stood from her seat smiling a sad smile then walked over to the entrance to the living room; she leaned against the door frame while looking out through the glass doors. She felt her husband come up behind her and looked over her shoulder,
“When she plays her violin it's always a sad tone…I think something happened to her.” Kei wrapped his arms around Yori's waist and rested his chin on her shoulder; they stood in silence as they watched there little girl sit on the porch staring off into space.
“You should stop worrying so much dear,” Kei lifted his head off her shoulder,
“I'm sure once she is ready, she'll tell us what's brothering her.” He kissed her gently on the top of her head.
“I know but it's just…” she leaned back against him as he tightened his grip around her waist,
“I know Yori. We'll just have to trust her, okay?” Yori nodded her head yes.
“Come on dear. I'll help you with the dishes.” He let go of her waist and grabbed hold of her hand gently pulled her toward the kitchen.
“After all this is your vacation.” He smiled at his wife as she smiled the first real one since they arrived.
-----------------------------
Michiru sat on the steps to the porch that led off to the pool area; she pulled her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around them resting her chin on her knees.
I'm sorry Michiru…will you still be my friend? Michiru closed her eyes as she felt the hurt return inside of her. `Why did I tell her no?' She buried her face in between her knees as she remembered the look in Haruka's eyes as she told her no.
`All she wanted was to be your friend,' her conscience spoke to her. `Yeah but she didn't tell me she was a girl.'
`She never told you that she was a boy either, you just assumed that she was a he. And she was the only one who stood up for you when no one else did.'
Michiru lifted her head from her knees and looked up to the sky; the sun had set already allowing for the first star to be seen. She stood from the steps and stretched her arms and legs then turned to go back into the house. She opened the door and heard music coming from the kitchen; she peeked through the door frame of the kitchen, a sad smile formed on her face, her parents were slow dancing to a song called `lady in red' her mother laid her head on her father's chest as they glided through the kitchen. Michiru watched them for a few more seconds then headed up the stairs to her bedroom. She slowly opened her door to her room and stepped inside closing the door behind her, -the room was smaller than the one at her home in Japan but it is very cozy, in the corner was a twin sized bed and a little dresser with a radio on top stood at the other side of the room. Michiru walked over to her bed and lied down and covered her eyes with her arm. `Why can't I get her face out of my head?' she rolled on to her side and stared at the pale blue wall, she closed her eyes tightly trying to get rid of the feeling building inside of her, the feeling of guilt.
A light knock at the door disturbed the silence in Michiru's room,
“May I come in?” It was her mother's voice on the other side of the door; Michiru rolled over to her other side and now faced the windows.
“Yeah,” her voice was quiet but not quiet enough for her mother not to hear it. The door knob turned and the door opened just enough for Yori to stick her head in,
“Were you sleeping?”
“Not really.” Michiru brought her knees up closer to her chest as her mother entered the room and sat at the side of the bed.
“Michiru…” her mother paused; she let a sigh and started to twirl her thumbs, “your father and I are worried about you…” another pause, “you haven't been acting like yourself lately and it scares me and your father very much.” Yori turned around on the bed and now faced the back of Michiru.
“If there is anything you want to talk about dear I'm always here to listen.” Yori looked out the window then got up of the bed when she didn't get a reply then headed for the door. Michiru opened her eyes as she felt her mother get off the bed, her vision started to blur as the tears she refused to cry earlier started to roll down her cheeks and onto to her pillow.
“Mama wait!” Michiru sobbed as she got off the bed, Yori stopped in her tracks and turned around to face her daughter, Michiru ran over to her mother and embraced her, this caught Yori off guard making her loss her balance causing them to go to there knees. Michiru tightened her grip around her mother's waist and buried her head in her mother's chest; Yori wrapped her arms around her trembling daughter and rubbed her back trying to comfort her.
After a while Michiru stopped crying but she didn't let go of her mother, -they both sat on the floor now as there knees started to hurt them- Michiru curled up on her mother's lap and slowly fell asleep while her mother played with her hair. In the door way stood Kei who watched the whole thing happen, he smiled at the sight before him and entered the room.
“Do you want me to put her in her bed?” He knelt down beside his wife. Yori took a deep breathe and nodded her head yes, Kei carefully took his daughter into his strong arms and carried her over to her bed; Yori covered Michiru with her blankets and kissed her on the forehead.
“Good night my baby girl.” Yori turned the night light off that was beside the bed and quietly walked to the door were Kei was waiting. Yori took one more glance at the sleeping child then they shut the door as they left.
----------------------------------------