Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ True Love ❯ Chapter 12

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

True Love
Chapter Twelve
Author Note: Where I live you go to public school for eight years -that's kindergarten to grade eight- then you go to high school for four years -that's grade nine to twelve and there are four classes per semester. I'm doing my story that way because that's all I know.
----------------------------
Spring had come and gone, summer was almost over. All the kids had to go back to school as it was September. Michiru stood in the kitchen with her mother, she wore her new school uniform, a white sailor shirt with a navy blue strip around the collar and navy blue pants.
“I can't believe it's your first day of high school already,” Yori sat at the table eating a piece of toast. Michiru leaned against the counter looking over her class schedule that she received when she registered.
“Ya,” she was very nervous to be starting grade nine but she was happy that Haruka would be right there with her. Michiru glanced at the clock, “I told Haruka we'd be there at quarter two,” she folded her schedule and stuck it in her front pocket; she gathered her books and put them in her back pack.
Yori's car stopped to the side of the road were Haruka stood waiting for them, she wore a light blue blazer with a white collard shirt underneath with a navy blue tie and navy blue pants.
“Good morning,” she got in the back seat of the car, “Good morning,” Yori and Michiru said in unison.
Yori pulled in front of their new school, Minami High School. They got out of the car and stood on the side walk looking up at their new school, it was twice the size of there old school. They took a deep breathe and walked into the school, there were so many kids in the school, Michiru moved closer to Haruka as they made there way to their lockers which happened to be beside one another. Michiru stood in front of her locker and got out her schedule out of her pocket and looked for the combination for her lock, at the very top were three numbers 20-5-45; it was a combination lock with the knob you turn. Michiru turned the knob to 20 then 5 then 45 and pulled it down but it didn't open, she tried again and again but it still didn't work, she was getting frustrated, her heart rate was increasing.
“Having trouble with your lock?” Michiru looked over to her left were Haruka stood, “I can't get it open,” she dropped the lock out of her hand and it clinked against the locker. Haruka looked at the paper in Michiru's hands then took the lock in her hand and turned the knob right 20 left 5 right 45, it clicked opened no problem,
“There you go,” Haruka went back to her locker, Michiru put some of her books in her locker that she wouldn't need until the afternoon and closed her locker. She looked at her schedule, the first class she had was math then geography and in the afternoon she had art then science.
The bell rang indicating class would start in ten minutes, “ready to go?” Haruka stood beside her, “Ya,” they both had the same classes in the morning and science in the afternoon but Haruka had mechanics instead of art.
They sat at a table near the back of the room, the table had room for three students, Michiru sat at the end and Haruka sat in the middle.
“Excuse me,” Haruka looked up to two nervous blue eyes, “is this seat taken?” Haruka looked down at the seat next to her then back up to the girl, “no it isn't,”
“Do you mind if I sit here?” Haruka looked at Michiru who nodded her head then back at the girl, “not at all,”
“Thanks” the girl sat down and put her books on the table, “I'm Haruka and this is Michiru,” she pointed at Michiru, “what's your name?” she smiled at the girl, “I'm Ami Mizuno,” she smiled shyly at them.
“Nice to meet you Ami,” Haruka lightly shook her hand, “Nice to meet you too,” the nervousness in Ami's eyes slowly faded away.
--------------------------------------
The bell rang for lunch and everyone headed for the cafeteria, once Haruka and Michiru got their lunch they spotted a blue haired girl sitting by herself in the corner of the room. They walked over to her,
“May we sit with you?” Ami nodded her head and Michiru put down her food on the table and sat down beside her while Haruka sat across from them.
“What classes do you have this afternoon Ami?” Michiru smiled at the girl beside her, “I have computers then science.”
“We have science also; do you want to sit with us?” Ami looked at them with a surprised look in her eyes, “Sure I'd love to.”
Haruka looked from Ami to Michiru with a strange look in her eyes, “Ami?” she looked at Haruka, “I don't mean to be rude or anything but…you look kind of young to be in grade nine.” She flinched as someone kicked her from under the table; Haruka looked over to Michiru who had one of her looks in her eye when she said something not polite.
“I was moved ahead a year,” Ami looked down at her food and played with her fork.
“Wow, we have a genius as a friend how cool is that,” Michiru took a bit of her salad. Ami looked shocked at these two people who wanted to be her friend. Haruka and Michiru smiled at Ami with friendship in their eyes.
--------------------------------
The summer heat soon turned into cloudy wet fall, most of all the leaves have fallen of the trees leaving them naked, soon snow would fall and blanket all the trees and ground.
The bell rang from the high school, the school grounds were once again filled with students leaving for their homes. Michiru and Ami walked side by side towards the exit, they had to stay a few minutes after to clean up an experiment they did in science. Sitting on the step when they exited the school was Haruka who was waiting for them to finish.
“Hello ladies,” she stood from where she sat and joined them, “do you ladies care to join me for a drink, my treat of course.” She looked from Michiru to Ami, “I don't think I can but thanks anyways,” Ami pulled her jacket closer to her as the cool chilly wind picked up its speed.
“You never go anywhere with us Ami,” Michiru put her arm around Ami's arm while Haruka did the same which caused Ami to blush.
“We're not taking no for an answer, we'll just have to kidnap you for an hour,” Haruka winked at her which made her face turn even more red.
They didn't let go of Ami until they arrived at the café which caused people to give them weird looks. Haruka ordered their drinks while Ami and Michiru got the seats. Haruka carried three hot chocolates with whipped cream on top over to the table then sat down beside Michiru, “Thanks.”
They drunk their drinks and talked about whatever was on their minds, they some how got on the subject of what they were going to do after graduation.
“I'm going to university after high school…” Ami took a sip of her drink before continuing, “I want to become a doctor of some sort, I haven't really decided on what field I should go though,” she had a thoughtful expression on her face.
“You'd make a great doctor; you're so kind and caring towards others.” Michiru smiled at her blue haired friend, “What do you want to do Haruka?” She looked over to the blonde who stared into her drink.
“I'm not really sure but something to do with cars.” The beep of a watch caused Ami to look at her watch, “I have to go; my mom might start to get worried.” Ami gathered her things and said her goodbyes and left her friends.
“I should get going to,” Michiru gathered her bag and stood from her seat. “I'll walk you home,” Haruka stood also.
They walked in a comfortable silence, enjoying each others presence. “You never got to tell me what you wanted to do after you finished high school,” Michiru put her hands in her coat pockets, “well…” she looked down at the ground, “I want to be a violinist like my father but…” she stopped walking.
“But what?” Haruka walked past her but stopped once she realized she had stopped, “nothing forget about it.”
“That's not fair, now I'm curious.” Michiru looked as if she didn't want to tell but couldn't refuse the sound of Haruka's voice.
“I'd…I'd like to be a…mother.” Michiru looked at Haruka for a response, “aren't you going to say anything about my stupid dream?” Haruka turned around and faced the other way; she had a sad expression on her face.
“Ruka?” She moved closer to her.
“I'm sure you'll make a wonderful mother someday Michi.” Haruka voice sounded sad unlike her normal happy voice.
The rest of the way to Michiru's house was in silence, Haruka couldn't bear to look at Michiru's face, not after that she realized Michiru and her could never be together.
“I'll see you later Michiru,” they stood in front of her house, “Okay, thanks for walking me home.” Haruka nodded her head without glancing at Michiru then left, the wind picked up and blow Michiru's hair around. She turned and went inside her house and shut the door, `why was she acting so strangely to me?' she made her way to her bedroom and started on her homework which wasn't going to be easy with a certain blonde on her mind.
-------------------------------------------------
Haruka unlocked the door to her home and went inside, her father wasn't home, he had started back to work three weeks ago doing light duty jobs. She threw her bag in the corner and went into her room and changed out of her uniform. She plunked herself on the couch and flipped the television on. She couldn't get what Michiru said out of her mind, “what kind of dream is that anyways?” she talked to the television, `why does it bother you so much?' a little voice in her head spoke to her. `Because I…I like her and I could never…never give her what she wants,' she lowered her head in disappointment. After awhile she stood from the couch and made her way to her father's bedroom to find the phone he misplaced last night. She entered his room and on the corner of his dresser laid a tan envelope with their address on it. She picked it up and took out the content, inside was pictures of different houses and apartment complexes and a map of the United States of America. On a separate piece of paper were prices for something in the thousand price ranges. Haruka dropped all of it on the floor in shock, “No way!”
-----------------------------------------------
Two eyes opened as the alarm clock broke the silence of the night, the blankets were thrown off the body and they sat up, there feet hit the cold floor and they stumbled through the darkness over towards the bathroom. The shower was turned on and the water ran down a muscular body slowly bringing it out of tiredness. The person stepped out of the shower and dried themselves off then put on their school uniform. They ran a brush through their short blonde hair and check themselves on the mirror one last time before they grabbed their backpack and winter coat and went outside into the freezing weather. She stood on the sidewalk and waited for Michiru's mother to come and pick her up like she had for the past month. The cold wind whipped around her, she closed her eyes as the wind made them water.
In the distance Haruka could see Yori's blue Pontiac coming towards her, she stuck her freezing hands inside her pant pockets to try and keep them warm since she forgot her gloves. The car stopped in front of her and she got in.
“Morning,” she sat her backpack beside her.
“Good morning, how's Haruka doing?” Yori looked at Haruka through the rear view mirror. “Cold,” the feeling in Haruka's hands started to come back, the rest of the way to school was in silence.
“Thanks for the ride Yori,” Haruka got out of the car,
“Bye mom,” Michiru also got out of the car and into the cold air. They walked side by side not speaking to one another, every so often Michiru would look at Haruka. She was getting worried, ever since she told her what she wanted to become after high school she hadn't been the same.
“Haruka,” the blonde looked down into Michiru's blue eyes.
“Ya,” Michiru stared in those teal eyes she had got custom to over the past year.
“Are you alright…I mean… you haven't been acting like yourself lately.” Haruka smiled at her but it didn't go to her eyes, “I'm fine, Michiru stop worrying about me,” Haruka turned from her and walked down the hallway to her locker. Michiru stood there and watched her friend walk away from her again. Every time Michiru asked her she always walked away from her. Michiru sighed as then went to her locker.
-------------------------------------------------
“You can't be serious dad,” Haruka sat on the couch holding a picture in her hands.
“I am Haruka,” Zenko stood in the kitchen making dinner for them, “I can't handle the cold anymore.” Haruka stared at the picture as if she would burn a hole through it.
“What about my school…I'm almost done my first semester,” she couldn't believe this was happening to her, her father already made up his mind before even talking to her about. There was nothing she could do either to change his mind.
----------------------------------------------
The sky was cloudy making it colder than it actually was, snow threatened to fall any day now. Haruka was walking behind Ami and Michiru who were talking about the assignment they had to accomplish for science.
“You live here?” They walked up to Michiru's house, “Yes I do,” Michiru took out her keys from her coat pocket and unlocked the front door. Ami was speechless as she walked into the house -it was the first time she had been to her house.
Haruka stood off to the corner and took off her shoes and winter coat while Michiru showed Ami the house. She brought her backpack into the living room and sat on the floor in front of the coffee table; she got her science textbook and notebook out and put them on the table.
“You have a very beautiful home Michiru,” Ami and Michiru entered the room were Haruka was waiting for them. Ami went over to Haruka and sat down beside her getting her books out. Michiru stood behind the couch and looked at the back of Haruka's head, she had been acting differently and it worried Michiru to see her like that. She hadn't seen a truly happy smile on her face for over a month.
----------------------------------------
I know this chapter is very short and I apologize; it's been on my computer since May and I don't think it will become any longer as my brain is not working properly. It might not be update for awhile cuz I have stuff to do over the next four months…. A wedding is very stressful even though it's not for me…. Until next time, bye!